Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Obscure moments of greatness...

NBA Chat
bubu dubu.

Obscure moments of greatness...

Post by bubu dubu. »

Were not talking MJ, or Kobe, or Wilt...we're talking legendary moments in basketball that arent talked about enough...

McGrady. 13 points in 33 seconds...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
bubu dubu.

Re: Obscure moments of greatness...

Post by bubu dubu. »

Rajon Rondo...25 assists in 30 minutes.

I can't find it, but I believe the story is something like after his first 5 shots, he didn't shoot again the rest of the game.

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm Reggie Miller. 8 points in 9 seconds.

That is just crazy wow I don't remember that!!
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm Reggie Miller. 8 points in 9 seconds.

wut

this is like one of the least obscure moments in NBA history
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

boxter432 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:10 am
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am

wut

this is like one of the least obscure moments in NBA history
Well I guess this shows how much I pay attention to basketball Huh!!! ;) ;) :D
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Zion Williamson, after a very underwhelming first half in his first appearance, drops 17 straight points for his team in 2 and a half minutes.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:49 pm Were not talking MJ, or Kobe, or Wilt...we're talking legendary moments in basketball that arent talked about enough...

McGrady. 13 points in 33 seconds...

I remind people of this very very often. It was the most incredible feat I had ever seen. I think San Antonio was also the best defensive team that year.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

okay i've got one. minnesota's own mark landsberger - and this has to do with his entire 7 year career in the nba (1977-1984) - not something he did in one moment in time.

he wasn't a particularly good nba player - he had serious limitations - but one thing he did learn how to do and to excel at was getting offensive rebounds. his career ORPG mark is 2.4. big deal - although his career MPG was also 16.7. his per 36 offensive rebounding mark is 5.1 - which, if you look at the top 10 all-time great offensive rebounders in the league, puts him behind only moses malone and dennis rodman. those two both averaged 5.4 per 36. almost everyone else is in the 3s. for example, his numbers in less than 17 MPG (2.4 ORPG) are almost as good as rebounding god timmy duncan put up in double the PT - a career avg of 2.8 ORPG in 34 MPG. landsberger was an absolute beast on the offensive glass. strange but true.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.