Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:09 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm Melo is a HOFer because of what he did outside the NBA, not in it.
Melo is a 10x All Star and 6x All NBA. A scoring champ.

I love Wolves fans who tear down all these guy's like Harden, Melo etc.. and start threads about Tyus Jones :lol:

I think the year I wanted Howard here we ended up with Aldrich and you guy's were like "Better fit" :lol:

This board hates on guy's like Kobe Bryant etc.. It's laughable really.

Meanwhile this team has had one good player in the history of the franchise and he won about as much as Carmelo did here. It took him joining a super team to get it done.
You’ve jumped the shark tube. Sorry. You’re pissed off that Wolves fans aren’t talking about Carmelo Anthony and instead start threads about players on the team. Look inside and you’ll see how ridiculous that sounds.
No. Your arguments are getting shit on so you have started this ridiculous argument. No shit people are going to start Wolves player's threads.

I could say the same in why are you even talking Melo now then if this is a Wolves forums.

All this said, this board rips on some really good players over the year's "He's trash" and "We don't need him" All the while watching a team who rarely has any players worth a shit.

Quick, let's start a another Saric thread where people will get so riled up they take personal shots at each other all while this turd doesn't amount to anything and vanishes in Wolves lore. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 pm

I love Wolves fans who tear down all these guy's like Harden, Melo etc.. and start threads about Tyus Jones :lol:

I think the year I wanted Howard here we ended up with Aldrich and you guy's were like "Better fit" :lol:

Meanwhile this team has had one good player in the history of the franchise and he won about as much as Carmelo did here. It took him joining a super team to get it done.
You’ve jumped the shark tube. Sorry. You’re pissed off that Wolves fans aren’t talking about Carmelo Anthony and instead start threads about players on the team. Look inside and you’ll see how ridiculous that sounds.
No. Your arguments are getting shit on so you have started this ridiculous argument. No shit people are going to start Wolves player's threads.

I could say the same in why are you even talking Melo now then if this is a Wolves forums.

All this said, this board rips on some really good players over the year's "He's trash" and "We don't need him" All the while watching a team who rarely has any players worth a shit.

Quick, let's start a another Saric thread where people will get so riled up they take personal shots at each other all while this turd doesn't amount to anything and vanishes in Wolves lore. :lol:
Who shit on my take? People shitted on your take. I remember that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Who shit on my take? People shitted on your take. I remember that.
Pfft.. Whatever, dawg. I'm not one of these "Let's argue for 6 pages" dudes. I said what I had to say and heard what you guy's had to say.

We agree to disagree. :thumbsup: :beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

You're corked because Wolves fans start threads on a Wolves message board about Wolves players that happen to be from the state the Wolves play in? I can't imagine why in a million years people would start a thread about Tyus Jones. :roll:
I get it. Some guy's some people don't like. Some guy's have holes in their games and can still be really good. Some guy's a natural born losers (Kyrie and Jimmy)

Still doesn't mean these guy's aren't leagues above the trash we get to watch as Wolves fans. I would take any of them on this team and build around their strengths. Not everyone can be Kawhi.

Guy's like Kevin Love were loved here. He wasn't a complete player at all and really ended up being a slightly above average player.

You would have to argue that just about everyone who has ever played here has been a "Loser"
Organizations wasted 13 years trying to build around the guy. It didn't work. Then they gave him two chances to adapt his game, and he failed that too. The game outgrew him, and he either couldn't or wouldn't adapt.

He was a dial-up modem in a fiber world. A Ford Edsel of the Tesla generation. A wooden dildo of, well, you get the point.
j2j

Post by j2j »

No no, you can't stop there. It's the wooden dildo in the solar powered tooth chipper 4000 era?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:41 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

You're corked because Wolves fans start threads on a Wolves message board about Wolves players that happen to be from the state the Wolves play in? I can't imagine why in a million years people would start a thread about Tyus Jones. :roll:
I get it. Some guy's some people don't like. Some guy's have holes in their games and can still be really good. Some guy's a natural born losers (Kyrie and Jimmy)

Still doesn't mean these guy's aren't leagues above the trash we get to watch as Wolves fans. I would take any of them on this team and build around their strengths. Not everyone can be Kawhi.

Guy's like Kevin Love were loved here. He wasn't a complete player at all and really ended up being a slightly above average player.

You would have to argue that just about everyone who has ever played here has been a "Loser"
Organizations wasted 13 years trying to build around the guy. It didn't work. Then they gave him two chances to adapt his game, and he failed that too. The game outgrew him, and he either couldn't or wouldn't adapt.

He was a dial-up modem in a fiber world. A Ford Edsel of the Tesla generation. A wooden dildo of, well, you get the point.
Yes. Same can be said for Dwight Howard.

Melo also was shot when he went to join other team's. Calling him a loser though for playong on bad Knicks teams, I'm not going there. They had some success early but then it turned ugly.

Would you call KG a loser if he never left here? Because he wouldn't of won squat either.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Kevin Love? Or Dwight Howard?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Melo also was shot when he went to join other team's. Calling him a loser though for playong on bad Knicks teams, I'm not going there. They had some success early but then it turned ugly.

Would you call KG a loser if he never left here? Because he wouldn't of won squat either.
Garnett had a complete and well-rounded game. I don't think either of those adjectives could ever have been used to describe Anthony.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Garnett had a complete and well-rounded game. I don't think either of those adjectives could ever have been used to describe Anthony.
That wasn't the point. KG wouldn't have won anything if he stayed here. That is what I was getting at.

Melo wasn't making the Knicks hire his scrub as friends to play basketball and knocking out all the white guy's in the locker room either.

Both great player's. Each played the game different and had their own personal faults

Both better than anyone who has played for the Wolves before or after.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Carmelo Anthony

j2j

Post by j2j »

KG played to win. Carmelo played to score points.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:12 pm

I'm glad you think you know what Melo was thinking.

Just like we heard all year "Barr doesn't want to be here" and "He's coasting mad he didn't get paid"

A few months later he takes less money to come back. You have no idea if Melo wanted to win as bad as KG or not, J.

Also it wasn't about who wanted to win more. It was about actually winning. KG wouldn't of won a fucking thing here.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 pm

Carmelo Anthony
While maybe the game moved beyond him in his later career, he was a huge scorer in a league that featured a lot more defense.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:16 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:12 pm

I'm glad you think you know what Melo was thinking.

Just like we heard all year "Barr doesn't want to be here" and "He's coasting mad he didn't get paid"

A few months later he takes less money to come back. You have no idea if Melo wanted to win as bad as KG or not, J.

Also it wasn't about who wanted to win more. It was about actually winning. KG wouldn't of won a fucking thing here.
Oh, my bad, I didn't realize you've never watched Carmelo Anthony play basketball.

j2j

Post by j2j »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Carmelo Anthony
While maybe the game moved beyond him in his later career, he was a huge scorer in a league that featured a lot more defense.
He was a high usage inefficient chucker.

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:32 pm

Carmelo Anthony
Totally disagree. I dont know if he is HOF myself but scorers like that were incredibly valuable 10 years ago.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Carmelo Anthony
He was one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game. Coach K said there wasn't a spot.on the floor he couldn't hit from. I know you "Know the game" better than Coach K.

You are really biased and let your opinion get in the way of fact. I don't argue with people.like that. No one gives a rat's ass about either of our opinions in the grand scheme of things.

You also think Lebron sucks so there's that.

Again, I'm not want of these "My dick is bigger than yours" here on WC. Converse amongst yourself.

Teh Tube is only here to bring "Heat" :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 pm

He was one of the greatest scorers to ever play the game. Coach K said there wasn't a spot.on the floor he couldn't hit from. I know you "Know the game" better than Coach K.

You are really biased and let your opinion get in the way of fact. I don't argue with people.like that. No one gives a rat's ass about either of our opinions in the grand scheme of things.

Again, I'm not want of these "My dick is bigger than yours" here on WC. Converse amongst yourself.

I've never said LeBron sucks. Or at least in the sense of his talent. I've made it very clear I think he's a top 10 player of all time. You can't be in the top 10 and "suck". Laughable and moronic that you think I've said anything close to that. There's your bias. But that's how you role, Tube. Invent the narrative to bring your "heat" to a recipe swapping message board. :lol:

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 pm

I've never said LeBron sucks. Or at least in the sense of his talent. I've made it very clear I think he's a top 10 player of all time. You can't be in the top 10 and "suck". Laughable and moronic that you think I've said anything close to that. There's your bias. But that's how you role, Tube. Invent the narrative to bring your "heat" to a recipe swapping message board. :lol:
:beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 pm
That's such a Ricky Rubio team. Its almost too obvious.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 pm No no, you can't stop there. It's the wooden dildo in the solar powered tooth chipper 4000 era?
....of the Bluetooth-enabled Sybian era.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm

That wasn't the point. KG wouldn't have won anything if he stayed here. That is what I was getting at.

Melo wasn't making the Knicks hire his scrub as friends to play basketball and knocking out all the white guy's in the locker room either.

Both great player's. Each played the game different and had their own personal faults

Okay, maybe we're trying to make two different points.

Mine was that Garnett built a game that had the ability to transcend shifts in team dynamics. Anthony didn't. Guys like Garnett, Bryant, LeBron, Duncan, Leonard? There's a few shared traits among them: dominance on both sides of the ball, and the ability to strike a balance between incorporating teammates and throwing fucking daggers when the team needs it.

There was a period when one-note chuckers in Anthony's mold could propel a team by themselves, but the effectiveness of his singular, imbalanced skill set slowly degraded when it was put up against the evolutionary winds of the modern NBA. You can make the argument about him "being shot" when he moved on to OKC and Houston, but I just don't think that's the case. He never evolved. He never added anything new. His game became stagnant, familiar and predictable. His body aged, and his game went along with it. Those aren't the traits of greatness; they're the traits of delusion.

Now consider Vince Carter. Personally I never thought he'd carve out a 20-year career in the league, but he's still around at 42-years old specifically because he refined himself to fit modernization. Anthony, meanwhile, is out of the league at 34.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 am

Mine was that Garnett built a game that had the ability to transcend shifts in team dynamics. Anthony didn't. Guys like Garnett, Bryant, LeBron, Duncan, Leonard? There's a few shared traits among them: dominance on both sides of the ball, and the ability to strike a balance between incorporating teammates and throwing fucking daggers when the team needs it.

There was a period when one-note chuckers in Anthony's mold could propel a team by themselves, but the effectiveness of his singular, imbalanced skill set slowly degraded when it was put up against the evolutionary winds of the modern NBA. You can make the argument about him "being shot" when he moved on to OKC and Houston, but I just don't think that's the case. He never evolved. He never added anything new. His game became stagnant, familiar and predictable. His body aged, and his game went along with it. Those aren't the traits of greatness; they're the traits of delusion.

Now consider Vince Carter. Personally I never thought he'd carve out a 20-year career in the league, but he's still around at 42-years old specifically because he refined himself to fit modernization. Anthony, meanwhile, is out of the league at 34.
Good point. Melo imo, is still a HOFer and was a great scorer.

I understand your point on VC but pretty much no one is doing what he is doing at that age. It's a outlier.

Many guy's like Allen Iverson for example hit their wall in the mid 30's. That seems to be the typical time. Some guy's are able to refine their game while others can't. It still doesn't take away from the player he was in his era.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Just chiming in on the Melo thing.....anyone here say that Melo wasn't purely about brand and stats is a moron. He could have waiting in the offseason with Denver to simply leave to NY, but because he wanted the most money and destination, he and his agent knowingly gutted all of the Knicks assets to eventually be paired with Amare. The guy was never about winning.....I mean, what Dbag buys a 2 million dollar portrait of himself? KG was always about will and win, he is the absolute opposite of anything the Carmelo Anthony resembled.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:21 am Just chiming in on the Melo thing.....anyone here say that Melo wasn't purely about brand and stats is a moron. He could have waiting in the offseason with Denver to simply leave to NY, but because he wanted the most money and destination, he and his agent knowingly gutted all of the Knicks assets to eventually be paired with Amare. The guy was never about winning.....I mean, what Dbag buys a 2 million dollar portrait of himself? KG was always about will and win, he is the absolute opposite of anything the Carmelo Anthony resembled.
I love KG and am not looking to defend Melo here, but let's not forget that KG demanded he get that huge extension early on that pretty much crippled our financial flexibility and directly led to the lockout in 1998.

Your glasses are a little too rosy here.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 am
SHAFA wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 am

Good point. Melo imo, is still a HOFer and was a great scorer.

I understand your point on VC but pretty much no one is doing what he is doing at that age. It's a outlier.

Many guy's like Allen Iverson for example hit their wall in the mid 30's. That seems to be the typical time. Some guy's are able to refine their game while others can't. It still doesn't take away from the player he was in his era.
I think of Melo in the same vein as guys like Adrian Dantley or Alex English, who are both in the Hall of Fame.

Plus, let's not forget that it's NOT the NBA Hall of Fame, but instead the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, and if you include his heroic championship run at Syracuse as well as his dominance in the Olympics, you have to include him in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Last edited by Oriole81 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Any interest in Mo Wagner? Like many, he had a forgettable rookie year, but he could really shoot it at Michigan. 6' 11" cheap back up at the 4 and 5.
I'd take him on my team. At most it would cost a 2nd round pick, but more likely, the Lakers would add a pick. They are looking to free up every dollar of cap space.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:21 am Just chiming in on the Melo thing.....anyone here say that Melo wasn't purely about brand and stats is a moron. He could have waiting in the offseason with Denver to simply leave to NY, but because he wanted the most money and destination, he and his agent knowingly gutted all of the Knicks assets to eventually be paired with Amare. The guy was never about winning.....I mean, what Dbag buys a 2 million dollar portrait of himself? KG was always about will and win, he is the absolute opposite of anything the Carmelo Anthony resembled.
Carmelo's #'s suggest he's a hall of famer...

I think we let recent memory cloud a pretty efficient offensive juggernaut.

All that said... 'Melo... yuck
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:25 am
I love KG and am not looking to defend Melo here, but let's not forget that KG demanded he get that huge extension early on that pretty much crippled our financial flexibility and directly led to the lockout in 1998.

Your glasses are a little too rosy here.
I didn't bring up his crippling contract because KG actually put in the work. He never got hurt, played both ends.....never got fat in the offseason. Melo had great numbers, but the guy was physically and mentally soft. KG was never either, again....exact opposite.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Southpaw23 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 am
Carmelo's #'s suggest he's a hall of famer...

I think we let recent memory cloud a pretty efficient offensive juggernaut.

All that said... 'Melo... yuck
Melo was a bitch before he got to NY.....no lying he had good numbers, but his attitude was always lacking. His conditioning, his commitment...not only to his teams, but playing defense. It's easy to call him a fat worthless bitch now because he's not playing, but he was always a soggy motherfucker, but once his youth faded, he was worthless. And yes, that happens to all players.....but he was opposite of KG in every way, and that's a compliment to KG.