Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by T_J »

It's time to get this thread going. Here's a doozy to start it up.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2345 ... ento-kings
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by HeHateMe »

Everyone is opting in, unless you're a star of course.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

rumor? i heard the speculation of kawhi leonard going to the 76ers on saturday.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm Everyone is opting in, unless you're a star of course.
Jamal opted out. :beer:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:09 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm Everyone is opting in, unless you're a star of course.
Jamal opted out. :beer:
Oops.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Style

Post by Style »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:25 am
I'm not a big Casey fan by any means, but man that's tough for him.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Too bad his "stars" don't show up in big games. I actually thought that they were going to keep him.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

has to be more to this story than being swept by lebron. no?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

weimy froob wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 am
has to be more to this story than being swept by lebron. no?
I bet the benching of DeRozan has something to do with it.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I'm sorta paraphrasing Haralabob, but his thoughts were that he's a solid regular season coach, but doesn't make adjustments quickly enough in the playoffs.

Oh he tweeted just now.
Watch the great coaches in the playoffs and how they are quick to make adjustments then compare it to the guy who repeatedly had his team switch LBJ Picks and thought CJ miles could guard him.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

T_J wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 am I'm sorta paraphrasing Haralabob, but his thoughts were that he's a solid regular season coach, but doesn't make adjustments quickly enough in the playoffs.

Oh he tweeted just now.
Watch the great coaches in the playoffs and how they are quick to make adjustments then compare it to the guy who repeatedly had his team switch LBJ Picks and thought CJ miles could guard him.
losing that first game WAS terrible. cleveland coming in off of a tough seven game series and you gag the first one to send home court advantage to lebron is bad. i don't know if it's a fireable offense though. could be part of casey on the wrong end of a power play with management.
T_J

Post by T_J »

weimy froob wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am
T_J wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 am I'm sorta paraphrasing Haralabob, but his thoughts were that he's a solid regular season coach, but doesn't make adjustments quickly enough in the playoffs.

Oh he tweeted just now.
losing that first game WAS terrible. cleveland coming in off of a tough seven game series and you gag the first one to send home court advantage to lebron is bad. i don't know if it's a fireable offense though. could be part of casey on the wrong end of a power play with management.
Yeah if they had buried Cleveland like they should have in game 1, I think the whole series outlook changes.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

so much for peer support. nba coaches just voted casey coach of the year 2 days ago.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 am so much for peer support. nba coaches just voted casey coach of the year 2 days ago.
seems to be a theme in Toronto.

Black coach
Wolves connection
Coach of the Year
FIRED.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Lakers know they can get Kawhi in 2019, so they will pitch the "wait and see" approach this season with their young core, rather than make big splashes...

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-trade-r ... 018/05/10/
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:47 am Lakers know they can get Kawhi in 2019, so they will pitch the "wait and see" approach this season with their young core, rather than make big splashes...

shit, Lebron, Paul George, Kawhi, Cousins, WIlt Chamberlein, with Lonzo off the bench. what a squad
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

boxter432 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:47 am Lakers know they can get Kawhi in 2019, so they will pitch the "wait and see" approach this season with their young core, rather than make big splashes...

shit, Lebron, Paul George, Kawhi, Cousins, WIlt Chamberlein, with Lonzo off the bench. what a squad
Gotta love the NYK and LAL markets and fan bases. Every star in the league is going to play for their team, just because...

NYK has gotten sooner humble pie and has digressed a bit with that mentality, but it's still full blow in LA
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

boxter432 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 am so much for peer support. nba coaches just voted casey coach of the year 2 days ago.

Black coach
Wolves connection
Coach of the Year
FIRED.
Is there something about Dwane Casey that rubs owners the wrong way or something? IS he bad in other non-court coaching duties like handling the media? IS there some harrassement issue or rumors? I just dont get it. He took a Raptors team that won 22 games in 2010-11 stepwise to a 59 win season, the 3rd consecutive 50+ win season in a row, 5 playoff berths in a row.

When the Wolves fired him the team was at .500, 20-20 only to win 28.5% of their games under Randy Wittman, and that was the worst coaching decision ever (even worse than Rambis).

If I had a NBA team with a coaching opening he would be my first call.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

mlhouse wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:01 pm
boxter432 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am

Black coach
Wolves connection
Coach of the Year
FIRED.
Is there something about Dwane Casey that rubs owners the wrong way or something? IS he bad in other non-court coaching duties like handling the media? IS there some harrassement issue or rumors? I just dont get it. He took a Raptors team that won 22 games in 2010-11 stepwise to a 59 win season, the 3rd consecutive 50+ win season in a row, 5 playoff berths in a row.

When the Wolves fired him the team was at .500, 20-20 only to win 28.5% of their games under Randy Wittman, and that was the worst coaching decision ever (even worse than Rambis).

If I had a NBA team with a coaching opening he would be my first call.
yea I don't know. what more are you supposed to do with Lowry/DD/Jonas than win the east and have them suck against Lebron?
I guess he's kinda boring? like a Leslie Frazier personality vs Mike Tomlin (to keep a MN connection). Wittman over him (and the fact he started the next season as coach) sucked.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

boxter432 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 am

I heard Embiid wants to lure Lebron over for cheesesteak.
Tom Selleck is a twat
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

T_J wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:03 am
weimy froob wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am

Oh he tweeted just now.

Yeah if they had buried Cleveland like they should have in game 1, I think the whole series outlook changes.
The refs "handing" the king allstar the end of the game and all benefits of doubt had nothing to do with it. :lol:

Stephen AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Smith had to further the normalcy I remember by saying its common and right for the big man to get the benefit whenever he rolls in there. Someone tell me why the very best players need any breaks their way for anything? Never understood this shit.
Tom Selleck is a twat
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Jordan Mickey option not picked up. Always been a favorite of mine for a developmental big. Can defend multiple spots. Would come cheap.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

this deference of the nba reffing (effing) crew to the league superstars is my biggest gripe with the league - and, if it continues as it's been going, i can see it being the reason i finally give up my passion for this game. i hate it.

brison is absolutely right. why do superior players get even more leverage through obvious preferential treatment from the refs? it's not needed - for one thing, and secondly, only tarnishes the accomplishments of the league's superstars. the nba is utterly stupid in regards to this. they're turning their own best products into WWF buffoons.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 pm Jordan Mickey option not picked up. Always been a favorite of mine for a developmental big. Can defend multiple spots. Would come cheap.
is he a better tweener option than amile jefferson?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 pm
It's incredible that you can almost win 60 games in this league and still get fired because your team can't get over the hump against a team with a guy who is 1 of the top 2 best players to ever play the game.
getting swept with home court advantage while the pacers took them to 7 games negates a lot of the regular season success. i still think that there's more to the story though. casey came out on the wrong end of a power struggle with management on the future of the team imo.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Toronto's advantage was their bench and 11 deep rotation...in the regular season. Once they shortened the bench, they became less powerful and guys were in different minute slots they weren't used to. Those big lights get bright in the later rounds. My issue is that Toronto stars quit early every game. Quitting on a coach is a death sentence no matter how many times you beat the parity in the regular season.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:35 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 pm Jordan Mickey option not picked up. Always been a favorite of mine for a developmental big. Can defend multiple spots. Would come cheap.
is he a better tweener option than amile jefferson?
Offense vs defense pretty much. Mickey has better length and athletically.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

so i'm still not clear - who's the O and who's the D? does mickey rebound as well as jefferson? seems like amile is really solid in that area for a tweener - might just have a knack or good fundamentals.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm so i'm still not clear - who's the O and who's the D? does mickey rebound as well as jefferson? seems like amile is really solid in that area for a tweener - might just have a knack or good fundamentals.
Mickey is the D. Shot blocker and steals guy when he gets minutes and a good man defender. Jefferson is really none of those tings. He is crafty old man stick back, quick hook stuff. I question if that will play in the NBA where everyone is bigger and more athletic than him.