Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Dan33185

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by Dan33185 »

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... th-Pistons
The Detroit Pistons signed Michael Beasley to a one-year deal, league sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Beasley is set to serve a five-game suspension for violating the league's anti-drug policy.

Beasley averaged 7 points in 26 games for the Lakers last season.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Beas got that for doing stuff when his mom was dying of cancer a while ago...he just hasn't been around to do the time. Feels harsh for extenuating circumstance but I get it.
My heart is family.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Catalyst wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:32 pm Beas got that for doing stuff when his mom was dying of cancer a while ago...he just hasn't been around to do the time. Feels harsh for extenuating circumstance but I get it.
Yikes, that's rough. Beasley seems like a good and cool person at heart. I always enjoyed and liked his personality. He's a bit absent minded when it comes to the drugs however.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

YBBR wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Catalyst wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:32 pm Beas got that for doing stuff when his mom was dying of cancer a while ago...he just hasn't been around to do the time. Feels harsh for extenuating circumstance but I get it.
Yikes, that's rough. Beasley seems like a good and cool person at heart. I always enjoyed and liked his personality. He's a bit absent minded when it comes to the drugs however.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

The Oklahoma City Thunder has signed center Justin Patton to a contract.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm The Oklahoma City Thunder has signed center Justin Patton to a contract.
i hope he stays healthy and does well.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:24 pm
irishman89 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm The Oklahoma City Thunder has signed center Justin Patton to a contract.
i hope he stays healthy and does well.
Not too well.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

no, actually, REALLY well - because i've been barking for the last year that we should have picked him back up.

my guess is that he's not as good as i want him to be. but i thought it odd that we liked a guy so much to take him at 16 a short time ago, traded him to philly only to help make the butler exit work - then he gets cut from philly, a team ripe with developmental bigs, he sits for a long time unsigned - and meantime, until recently we had only two decent centers on the squad - and that includes iowa. but we didn't give him a call. it made no sense to me. felt like a chance to recoup some of the loss in the butler swap. if he didn't work out, meh - it was a low cost short term flier on a third string center. in and out. but if it did work out and he became the multi-skilled post player we thought we drafted just three years back - then hooray for the wolves, right?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 pm no, actually, REALLY well - because i've been barking for the last year that we should have picked him back up.

my guess is that he's not as good as i want him to be. but i thought it odd that we liked a guy so much to take him at 16 a short time ago, traded him to philly only to help make the butler exit work - then he gets cut from philly, a team ripe with developmental bigs, he sits for a long time unsigned - and meantime, until recently we had only two decent centers on the squad - and that includes iowa. but we didn't give him a call. it made no sense to me. felt like a chance to recoup some of the loss in the butler swap. if he didn't work out, meh - it was a low cost short term flier on a third string center. in and out. but if it did work out and he became the multi-skilled post player we thought we drafted just three years back - then hooray for the wolves, right?
You know that was one of the moves I wanted this offseason too. As a player he is really good. Super talented big. Have to figure either we think he'll never be healthy or he has beef with us. Yeah we don't have many guys left from when we took him but Ryan is one of them.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Bound to thrive. :evil:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

mglviks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:48 pm
Bound to thrive. :evil:
He will be great with Westbrook!

Ooooohhhh.......................um.............
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

He was good in Iowa.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:36 am
irishman89 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:12 am Shabazz Muhammad has signed with Shaan Xi Wolves of the Chinese NBL.
The Bucks waived Muhammad last October and he signed on with the Shanxi Brave Dragons in China. He averaged 29.7 points and 11.2 rebounds in China last season.
How many assists?
Hes the first Chinese league player in history whom never passed ever. The previous record holder for fewest passes was Michael Beasley with 10 and the only reason he passed the ball 10 times was because he remembered that 10 was the number of washable markers that Crayola used to put in their standard pack. No that doesn't make any sense, but it does if you are trying to explain how Michael Beasley thinks.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

bombers3shooter wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 am
SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:36 am
irishman89 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:12 am Shabazz Muhammad has signed with Shaan Xi Wolves of the Chinese NBL.
The Bucks waived Muhammad last October and he signed on with the Shanxi Brave Dragons in China. He averaged 29.7 points and 11.2 rebounds in China last season.
How many assists?
Hes the first Chinese league player in history whom never passed ever. The previous record holder for fewest passes was Michael Beasley with 10 and the only reason he passed the ball 10 times was because he remembered that 10 was the number of washable markers that Crayola used to put in their standard pack. No that doesn't make any sense, but it does if you are trying to explain how Michael Beasley thinks.
I have to ask because this sounds too crazy to not be true, but of that true?
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:31 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 pm no, actually, REALLY well - because i've been barking for the last year that we should have picked him back up.

You know that was one of the moves I wanted this offseason too. As a player he is really good. Super talented big. Have to figure either we think he'll never be healthy or he has beef with us. Yeah we don't have many guys left from when we took him but Ryan is one of them.
I would have liked to kick the tires too, but lots of injuries and a different regime. I guess there was no interest.

Frankly, I doubt Patton ever becomes a player in the league. Too much developmental time lost to injury. And a big man with bad feet, probably not going to ever be healthy.

But again, I would have been happy to bring him in. Oh, well....
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:00 pm

I would have liked to kick the tires too, but lots of injuries and a different regime. I guess there was no interest.

Frankly, I doubt Patton ever becomes a player in the league. Too much developmental time lost to injury. And a big man with bad feet, probably not going to ever be healthy.

that "a different regime" statement grinds. there's way too much "if it's the old regime, it sucks" mentality going on. no, not every earlier idea was a bad idea. it's entirely possible to add some old with the new to get what you want. a lot of "new regimes" don't want to do that, because they're scared it makes them look weak. no, fuckers, it just means you're doing your homework.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:25 pm

that "a different regime" statement grinds. there's way too much "if it's the old regime, it sucks" mentality going on. no, not every earlier idea was a bad idea. it's entirely possible to add some old with the new to get what you want. a lot of "new regimes" don't want to do that, because they're scared it makes them look weak. no, fuckers, it just means you're doing your homework.
I'm just observing a reality. Rosas seems to want to build a roster with a lot of interchangeable parts and embrace "positionless" basketball. No idea if it'll work. It's a "for better or for worse" thing. Just my observation. If Thibs was still calling the shots, I wonder if he would have picked him back up.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Yes it does “grind”.

It really sucked for me when Thibbs came in and and totally reversed the course that Flip seemed to set for the franchise. Flip wasn’t perfect and made a couple horrible moves....moving back for Bazz and Dieng when he should have just took CJ McCollum how had fallen into his lap, he also traded for that tub of crap from Michigan that Izzo pushed on him and people here had a crush on....I can’t even remember that dudes name and there is no reason to other than just knowing him as one of Flip’s mistakes. But Flip did a lot right and if he was still alive the I think we would be tracking more like the Bucks....others here disagree.

That point is though watching Thibbs methodically dismantle every piece of what Flip had done for what seemed like the only reason was because Flip had done it and he wanted no part in trying to coach those players or style of play that took advantage of them.

Yes Rosas is now going to do the same thing, this years Team is nothing more than a vehicle for him to asses some talant before he makes his team the following season. I don’t believe there is one player on this roster and that includes Towns that Rosas wouldn’t trade in the right deal. If you think it grinds now, just wait until this season’s trade deadline and next offseason - I wouldn’t be shocked to see Wiggins, Okogie, KBD, Covington, Dieng, Teague and every player Rosas picked up this offseason gone.

It sucks especially if you like any of the current roster, but it is what it is.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Why wouldn't you trade anyone on the roster "in the right deal"?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:02 am Why wouldn't you trade anyone on the roster "in the right deal"?
Why invest time rooting for the players on the team if the Team doesn’t Really have any connection to them.

Just stop selling jerseys with players names on them or their #’s.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:02 am Why wouldn't you trade anyone on the roster "in the right deal"?
Why invest time rooting for the players on the team if the Team doesn’t Really have any connection to them.

Those aren't two mutually exclusive concepts. You can have a connection with players and be willing to move players if the right deal comes along.

You wouldnt trade Towns for Giannis? No one is untouchable on the team. Some are obviously unlikely to move, but "in the right deal" everyone can be had.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Those aren't two mutually exclusive concepts. You can have a connection with players and be willing to move players if the right deal comes along.

You wouldnt trade Towns for Giannis? No one is untouchable on the team. Some are obviously unlikely to move, but "in the right deal" everyone can be had.
You are right.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Boy I bet the Wolves could be the Bucks if they had taken Giannis also. What insightful analysis as usual. It sure must help to have arguably the best player in the league.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

but he sort of has a point. if the wolves had taken giannis, would we have known what to do with him? would he be the player he is today if he'd always been a twolf? i would wager no. on the scale of nba player ratings, KAT is waaaaay closer to giannis than nearly all the other players in the league - so we've had a fairly elite player on the team to build around for 4 years now - yet the bucks with giannis had the best record in the league last year and we with KAT continue to smell funny.
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:14 pm but he sort of has a point. if the wolves had taken giannis, would we have known what to do with him? would he be the player he is today if he'd always been a twolf? i would wager no. on the scale of nba player ratings, KAT is waaaaay closer to giannis than nearly all the other players in the league - so we've had a fairly elite player on the team to build around for 4 years now - yet the bucks with giannis had the best record in the league last year and we with KAT continue to smell funny.
I see your point, however there's a huge gap between Giannis and KAT. Giannis wasn't developed by some world class organization either. Two of his coaches have been fired and they've blown multiple 1st round draft picks since he's been there. He's a superstar because he'd have been a superstar anyway.

Troll mcTroll dumpass's argument is that the Wolves under Flip would have maxed LaVine, Wiggins, Towns, kept Rubio and now been Golden State-esque contender based on some win we had over them in April 2014 when they were gassed.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

T_J wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:56 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:14 pm but he sort of has a point. if the wolves had taken giannis, would we have known what to do with him? would he be the player he is today if he'd always been a twolf? i would wager no. on the scale of nba player ratings, KAT is waaaaay closer to giannis than nearly all the other players in the league - so we've had a fairly elite player on the team to build around for 4 years now - yet the bucks with giannis had the best record in the league last year and we with KAT continue to smell funny.
I see your point, however there's a huge gap between Giannis and KAT. Giannis wasn't developed by some world class organization either. Two of his coaches have been fired and they've blown multiple 1st round draft picks since he's been there. He's a superstar because he'd have been a superstar anyway.

Troll mcTroll dumpass's argument is that the Wolves under Flip would have maxed LaVine, Wiggins, Towns, kept Rubio and now been Golden State-esque contender based on some win we had over them in April 2014 when they were gassed.
Troll mcTroll dumpass's...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: That’s good shit, even it’s dumpass is a spelling error - it kills me.

Anyway...

It would have rather had Kidd developing the Wolves roster and more importantly KAT than the Red Faced Gorilla/Overlord/Thibblodyte Svengali. Kidd developed Giannis as a PG and used him in ways that easily would have broke the brain of Thibbs and his cult-like followers.

It’s not a stretch to think he probably would have worked wonders with LaVine and Wiggins and been able to figure out how to use their skills as advantages when played together instead of handicapping them like Thibbs and having wet dreams about getting Butler in here to be his Himmler.

I’m thinking of getting a tattoo of some kind to show I survived that SOB. As for you (and others here) it still seems some deprogramming is needed.....it’s a slow process...but necessary...enjoy the journey.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

But why not? The Bucks were a disaster of a franchise until Bud came along this year. Jason Kidd sure as hell did no favors to Giannis' career.

The Bucks are also loaded with talent compared to the Wolves...like it isn't even close.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
T_J

Post by T_J »

Giannis playing for Thibs would have put up even bigger stats because he'd have played like 38-40 min per game. He's like a perfect Thibs player, a defensive savant and a one man offensive wrecking crew.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

T_J wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 am Giannis playing for Thibs would have put up even bigger stats because he'd have played like 38-40 min per game. He's like a perfect Thibs player, a defensive savant and a one man offensive wrecking crew.
I disagree. Thibbs would have traded a big chunk of the Bucks to get Butler. Thibbs was getting Butler no matter what team he went to, Butler would have dominated the young ones there as well and Thibbs would have brought in “his” players and made sure the players played his way.

It was his plan the minute he took the job here and it would have been his plan on any young team he would have took over. He should never have been given a GM job in the NBA.
T_J

Post by T_J »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:28 am
T_J wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 am Giannis playing for Thibs would have put up even bigger stats because he'd have played like 38-40 min per game. He's like a perfect Thibs player, a defensive savant and a one man offensive wrecking crew.
I disagree. Thibbs would have traded a big chunk of the Bucks to get Butler. Thibbs was getting Butler no matter what team he went to, Butler would have dominated the young ones there as well and Thibbs would have brought in “his” players and made sure the players played his way.

It was his plan the minute he took the job here and it would have been his plan on any young team he would have took over. He should never have been given a GM job in the NBA.
Jimmy + Giannis? So now two defensive studs and not to mention, Jimmy can close games since Giannis's weak spot is shooting?

Add in Jimmy went to Marquette and wow, he did a pretty good job building a fucking eastern contender for the next 5-7 years. Phenomenal job by your boy.