Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by LordNu »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:06 pm
kilkenny wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 pm Both Gasol and Conley available. Kat Gas frontline?

Just don't think Memphis has any interest at all in Wiggins. Not a good way to start a rebuild.
I think Tyus and a 1st are somewhat enticing. Maybe you think Wiggins has a 5% chance at becoming an all-star and he'll be a fat expiring by the time they are relevant again.
Tyus and a 1st for Gasol? That'd be amazing.

Who would our primary target be though, Gasol or Conley?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm This was Matt Moore's idea (future protected first to Memphis).

Personally, I would do this. Anyone else?
Not a chance.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

It would be hilarious watching Wiggins play alongside Jaren Jackson Jr and the difference in the speed of their games. It would make Andrew look even more ridiculous than he already does.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:46 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm This was Matt Moore's idea (future protected first to Memphis).

Personally, I would do this. Anyone else?
Not a chance.
Just curious why?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 pm Both Gasol and Conley available. Kat Gas frontline?

Just don't think Memphis has any interest at all in Wiggins. Not a good way to start a rebuild.
I think Tyus and a 1st are somewhat enticing. Maybe you think Wiggins has a 5% chance at becoming an all-star and he'll be a fat expiring by the time they are relevant again.
Gasol is 34. Ain't no way in hell I'm trading a first for that.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 am

My trade (or Matt Moore's trade rather) was for Conley
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:34 am

My mistake.

Still I'd be weary. He's 31 make 30+ million for 2 years after this one and somewhat injury prone. He'd make us better now and might elevate us to make the play offs but he wont push us into a top 4 seed this year nor the next couple years IMO. Trading for an old, albeit just under all-star level PG, isn't a very wise thing to do for a team like us IMO.

Just my 2 cents. But I am pretty much against trading any 1st round pick. They are more valuable to this team more then ever before as that will be the main way we can add good (this obviously relies on good drafting as well) young talent for players that we can control for like 8 years.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm not trading a first for conley.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:55 am
OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:34 am

My mistake.

Still I'd be weary. He's 31 make 30+ million for 2 years after this one and somewhat injury prone. He'd make us better now and might elevate us to make the play offs but he wont push us into a top 4 seed this year nor the next couple years IMO. Trading for an old, albeit just under all-star level PG, isn't a very wise thing to do for a team like us IMO.

Just my 2 cents. But I am pretty much against trading any 1st round pick. They are more valuable to this team more then ever before as that will be the main way we can add good (this obviously relies on good drafting as well) young talent for players that we can control for like 8 years.
I can understand that. At the same time, I think getting off Wiggins deal would be a big thing for the team.

And if it's a future lottery protected first I don't think there is too much risk in losing the pick.

Like you said, biggest risk is trusting Conley with some of his injury history, his age, and the contract.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Contenders?

Conley
Okogie
Bob
Towns
Gasol

That might be the best defense in the league, that much I know.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Would have to take Chandler if we give Wiggins.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 am Contenders?

Conley
Okogie
Bob
Towns
Gasol

That might be the best defense in the league, that much I know.
Personally like:

Conley/Tyus
Okogie
Covington
Saric
KAT/Dieng

You'd have about 7-8 million for bench roles then.

Obviously not a contender, but I think it's a step in the right direction.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Report: WAS still mulling trading Otto Porter

Report: ATL taking calls on Taurean Prince

Report: NY-CHI have discussed Jabari Parker
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Also NY needs to send Kanter elsewhere...
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:30 pm Also NY needs to send Kanter elsewhere...
Turkey, right?

I keed, I keed...
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

If people don't want to trade a 1st for Conley.....there's no way anyone gives us a first for anyone on our roster outside of KAT.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Trading for Conley now would sort of feel like dealing for Brandon when we did, or even Cassell, in that they were all guys I would've loved to have on our roster far sooner than on the back end of their careers.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 pm Trading for Conley now would sort of feel like dealing for Brandon when we did, or even Cassell, in that they were all guys I would've loved to have on our roster far sooner than on the back end of their careers.
Yeah I get not wanting to settle but on the other hand that's probably what we will end up having to do and hoping the vet has 2 years left in them
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Wiggins and a 1st I'd be all for Mike Conley. Yes I know he is super injury prone but when healthy he actually gives effort and is a upgrade at PG over what we have now.

Just make Teague our back-up hoping he opts out. Rose becomes our off the bench go to guard.

Conley
Okogie
Covington
Sario (better when he starts)
Towns

Teague/Tyus
Rose
Deng
KBD
Gibson (love him at the 4 or 5)

(bench Gourgi)
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

You have to ask yourself is the #10-23 ish pick better than Mike Conley even for the next 2 years... probably not plus you unload the last 2 years of Wiggins deal.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Joboo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:17 pm Wiggins and a 1st I'd be all for Mike Conley. Yes I know he is super injury prone but when healthy he actually gives effort and is a upgrade at PG over what we have now.

Just make Teague our back-up hoping he opts out. Rose becomes our off the bench go to guard.

Conley
Okogie
Covington
Towns

Teague/Tyus
Rose
Deng
KBD

(bench Gourgi)
And this team is going absolutely nowhere.

I want a good PG here as bad as anyone but a old and injured Conley isn't the guy I want. Especially having to give up our first rd pick.

I'll do this same exact trade for Wall.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 pm
Joboo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:17 pm Wiggins and a 1st I'd be all for Mike Conley. Yes I know he is super injury prone but when healthy he actually gives effort and is a upgrade at PG over what we have now.

Conley
Okogie
Covington
Towns

Teague/Tyus
Rose
Deng
KBD

(bench Gourgi)

I want a good PG here as bad as anyone but a old and injured Conley isn't the guy I want. Especially having to give up our first rd pick.

Yuck to that and Wall.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Conley
Okogie
Covington
Towns

Teague/Tyus
Rose
Deng
KBD

(bench Gourgi)

Yuck to that and Wall.
I agree. Just saying I would rather have Wall if I'm doing that trade.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

pacers just dealt a blow tonite - losing oladipo for the year. they're third in the east.

teague to the pacers for tyreke evans (expires this year) and C/PF kyle o'quinn (nice player who they never use, but we could) plus their first rounder (late first, probably around 27). trade machine says she works.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm pacers just dealt a blow tonite - losing oladipo for the year. they're third in the east.

teague to the pacers for tyreke evans (expires this year) and C/PF kyle o'quinn (nice player who they never use, but we could) plus their first rounder (late first, probably around 27). trade machine says she works.
Why would Indiana take Teague back? They just let the dude go.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

because they're third in the east - just lost their starting PG for the year - and teague is an available nba starting PG. in his one year there, he averaged around 15/4/8 with a steal on 44%/36%/87%. it's not like he puked up the place. their memories of him can't be that bad. plus some of their other PGs are up for new contracts next year. teague takes the helm for the rest of this year, plus into next year till dipo returns. they go with a dipo/teague PG tandem thru the 2019-2020 season and then, boom, they're done with his contract.

plus tyreke hasn't bowled them over - he's been a disappointment - and as i said - they hardly even play oquinn. the pick they lose is one of the least attractive firsts - a late pick that's a guaranteed contract.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

....but Collison’s the PG, not Oladipo.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Really too bad for Oladipo... Don;t see why they would make a trade and take on salary for next year though.. They know without him they are done.
D_H

Post by D_H »

With Victor out for the year I bet Indy goes after Conley. I hope not as a Sixer fan that's for sure but he would be a great fit in Indy.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 pm Really too bad for Oladipo... Don;t see why they would make a trade and take on salary for next year though.. They know without him they are done.

Really sad by all accounts he's a great guy too.