Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by thinktank »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:47 pm How many star players have joined Lebron?
One. Kevin Love.

:beer:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm Perhaps I'm mistaken but I don't believe I've ever heard Davis say he wants out ....as a matter of fact he has said the exact opposite. There seems to be a trend going that star players are not exactly knocking down the door to play with LeBron James...... there must be something to it.
Ad fired his agent this year and hired Rich Paul, Lebron Partner and owner of Klutch Sports Agency
Oh he did? I wasn't aware of that. That's a very good indicator that he is going to a big market team at the first chance he can get.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

thinktank wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:10 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:47 pm How many star players have joined Lebron?
One. Kevin Love.

Traded!

You lose.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:16 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm Perhaps I'm mistaken but I don't believe I've ever heard Davis say he wants out ....as a matter of fact he has said the exact opposite. There seems to be a trend going that star players are not exactly knocking down the door to play with LeBron James...... there must be something to it.
Ad fired his agent this year and hired Rich Paul, Lebron Partner and owner of Klutch Sports Agency
Oh he did? I wasn't aware of that. That's a very good indicator that he is going to a big market team at the first chance he can get.
Rich Paul is the same guy who got the Lakers to pay KCP 30 million over the last two years and getting the Cavs to resign Jr Smith for Lebron just last year.

Rich is steering AD to LA
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:40 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Rich Paul is the same guy who got the Lakers to pay KCP 30 million over the last two years and getting the Cavs to resign Jr Smith for Lebron just last year.

Rich is steering AD to LA
Oh I know about Mr. Paul. Doesn't mean AD is going to LA but rather positioning himself for a big market. Obviously A chance it won't happen but usually the case with Rich Paul

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Chris Bosh.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

YBBR wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:23 pmChris Bosh.
And Wade. They recruited each other. LeBron obviously being the best player.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Maybe it’s me, but I’ve always preferred seeing Jrue at PG, not SG. I certainly wouldn’t want someone like Ball slotted in next to him.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:19 pm
thinktank wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:10 pm
One. Kevin Love.

Traded!

You lose.
One way of joining!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Bosh and Wade did not join LeBron, LeBron joined them. Without joining Wade, LeBron has 1 title.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I don't know how people aren't talking about the Pelicans and what a joke their franchise is same as MN. They just gave away some decent pieces for about 65 games of Cousins and now they can barely get enough guys on the floor every night. Not like Buddy is a world-beater but he is playing some pretty damn good basketball right now for Sacramento and he's exactly what the Pelicans are missing right now. I think we may see someone (AD) turn down the supermax for the first time.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sources: LeBron James, Anthony Davis meet for postgame dinner; Lakers appear to be in driver’s seat to pair stars

I’d take legacy over money,” Davis told Yahoo Sports after posting game highs of 30 points and 20 rebounds to go with five assists in Friday’s loss. “I want to have a legacy. All my people that look up to me, the younger kids, I want them to know about AD’s legacy. Championships, the things I do in the community, being a good teammate, playing hard. All that stuff matters the most to me. Don’t get me wrong, money is amazing. But I think in that sense, money or legacy, I think my legacy will win that battle every time.”

By leaving the Pelicans, Davis would be leaving a 5 year 247 million deal. With a new team he would earn 4 years and 150 million.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Learn the game DH and Moses
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

So can we take it now that you’re again just going to piggyback on a media story in order to make a self-proclamation, that you’ll then use at a later date, to belittle everyone else about how in-tune you are with the league in general, when in reality you’re completely full of shit?

You realize you’re not fooling anyone, right?
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:15 am Sources: LeBron James, Anthony Davis meet for postgame dinner; Lakers appear to be in driver’s seat to pair stars

I’d take legacy over money,” Davis told Yahoo Sports after posting game highs of 30 points and 20 rebounds to go with five assists in Friday’s loss. “I want to have a legacy. All my people that look up to me, the younger kids, I want them to know about AD’s legacy. Championships, the things I do in the community, being a good teammate, playing hard. All that stuff matters the most to me. Don’t get me wrong, money is amazing. But I think in that sense, money or legacy, I think my legacy will win that battle every time.”

By leaving the Pelicans, Davis would be leaving a 5 year 247 million deal. With a new team he would earn 4 years and 150 million.
This legacy thing isn't guaranteed, the money is.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

9 finals appearances only three championships. LeBron James isn't even a guarantee. Davis turns down that money to join old LeBron he is a sucker.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

AD would be wise to join Bron. There is still the chance at KD going there too.

Bron will win a "Ship" with LA before it's over.

Can't blame AD for wanting to win
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Cavs couldn't add a star. They handed out terrible contracts to Love, TT etc...

If Bron builds it... They will come.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:15 am Learn the game DH and Moses
LoL

I think New Orleans had made it quite clear they're not trading Anthony Davis. By the time he gets the Lakers if that does happen (which I doubt) LeBron James is going to be nearly 37 years old. LoL

I think Anthony Davis is a little smarter than that.
Hokkaido

Post by Hokkaido »

Though AD will be leaving a lot of money on the table if he leaves outright, he’ll make up the difference in endorsement deals being in the LA spotlight and if he helps win them a ‘chip.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 am Bosh and Wade did not join LeBron, LeBron joined them. Without joining Wade, LeBron has 1 title.
And he's still the second greatest player of all time.... at the least.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

It's not Davis' decision unfortunately for those who want him with the Lakers. Boston can offer a shit ton of stuff this summer... the Lakers would have to offer four first rounders plus whatever young players they want to get him during this season. Ainge will gamble on getting Davis even if he doesn't have a long term commitment.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

As far as legacy is concerned, if he goes to LA and Lebron begins to regress as father time kicks in will Anthony Davis be remembered in 20..30..40 years. I remember being impressed by plenty of guys in the 90's when I was kid and the only time we hear anything about them anymore is when they become bankrupt...take the money!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Shit, is DSJ really available? (NM, BS made up rumor)

DSJ and Barnes for Wiggins, an unprotected 1st and Tyus.

Maybe Mavs trying to get out from under Barnes to free up money and Wiggins does not help that goal. :cry:

Second-year Dallas Mavericks point guard Dennis Smith, Jr. became the unexpected subject of trade rumors over the past week or so, with the New York Times‘ Marc Stein recently reporting that NBA teams are “monitoring” the youngster’s progress.

With the emergence of Luka Doncic, team executives expect the Dallas Mavericks to eventually deal second-year guard Dennis Smith Jr., according to Marc Stein of the New York Times.

Stein notes that there's skepticism regarding Smith's fit in the backcourt with Doncic and teams are monitoring how the situation will unfold.

The Mavs insist that they aren't shopping Smith, but the club is at least gauging the market, team executives told Tim MacMahon of ESPN.

A wrist injury has limited Smith to three games during December. The former No. 9 overall pick is averaging 13 points, four assists, and three boards per contest this season.

Dallas (15-17) sits 12th in the Western Conference, just two games back of a playoff spot.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

not exactly against this - but who's starting at SG for us in this scenario? my understanding on both roco and barnes is that they are most naturally SFs who can also play some small ball 4.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:09 pm Shit, is DSJ really available? (NM, BS made up rumor)

DSJ and Barnes for Wiggins, an unprotected 1st and Tyus.

Maybe Mavs trying to get out from under Barnes to free up money and Wiggins does not help that goal. :cry:

Second-year Dallas Mavericks point guard Dennis Smith, Jr. became the unexpected subject of trade rumors over the past week or so, with the New York Times‘ Marc Stein recently reporting that NBA teams are “monitoring” the youngster’s progress.

With the emergence of Luka Doncic, team executives expect the Dallas Mavericks to eventually deal second-year guard Dennis Smith Jr., according to Marc Stein of the New York Times.

Stein notes that there's skepticism regarding Smith's fit in the backcourt with Doncic and teams are monitoring how the situation will unfold.

The Mavs insist that they aren't shopping Smith, but the club is at least gauging the market, team executives told Tim MacMahon of ESPN.

A wrist injury has limited Smith to three games during December. The former No. 9 overall pick is averaging 13 points, four assists, and three boards per contest this season.

Dallas (15-17) sits 12th in the Western Conference, just two games back of a playoff spot.
I'd trade anything and everything on this team except KAT for Doncic. That guy is so incredibly skilled and smart and plays like a 10 year vet plus he is already one of the clutchest players in the league.

https://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-tr ... ode=Totals

Any quarter, 5 point differential or less, ahead or behind, last 5 minutes. He ranks 15th in total shots attempted in those situations and has a FG% of 55.3% (higher than everyone in front of him based on FGA) and a 3P% of 41.2%

T_J

Post by T_J »

I would trade KAT for Doncic.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Three trades to make us better.

1. Teague and Toliver for TJ Warren.
2. Taj for Kelly Olynyk
3. Rose and throw ins and our 2019 first for one of these young PGs. In order of highest priority (one of these teams hopefully would accept.) 1.DSJ from Dallas, or Alexander from Clippers, or Frank Ntilikina from Knicks.

Reasons teams would do trade 3.

Dallas knows that DSJ and Doncic don't play well together. Getting Rose via trade and then extending him (either before or right after the trade,) gives them bench scoring and allows them to use either barrea or any 2 they want with Doncic if he plays the point.

Clippers would be sacrificing a future piece to try and win the west (and in theory the title if they can get by GSW.)

Knicks would want to extend Rose than use him to show they are serious about contending next year (thus attracting a great free agent )
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

how many players does it take to acquire justin holiday?

four, i guess. marshon brooks, wayne selden, and both memphis' 2019 and 2020 2nd round picks.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

winforlose wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 am Three trades to make us better.

1. Teague and Toliver for TJ Warren.
2. Taj for Kelly Olynyk
3. Rose and throw ins and our 2019 first for one of these young PGs. In order of highest priority (one of these teams hopefully would accept.) 1.DSJ from Dallas, or Alexander from Clippers, or Frank Ntilikina from Knicks.

Reasons teams would do trade 3.

Dallas knows that DSJ and Doncic don't play well together. Getting Rose via trade and then extending him (either before or right after the trade,) gives them bench scoring and allows them to use either barrea or any 2 they want with Doncic if he plays the point.

Clippers would be sacrificing a future piece to try and win the west (and in theory the title if they can get by GSW.)

Knicks would want to extend Rose than use him to show they are serious about contending next year (thus attracting a great free agent )
These ideas need serious work.

TJ Warren and Wiggins is a horrible, no shooting combination.

Similarly, Olynyk and Saric have too much overlap.

Clippers will not trade SGA for Rose.

Knicks don’t want Rose back.

I want no part of Ntilikina. He sucks.

That leaves Rose + for DSJ. I’d try to pawn off Teague to them first.