Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Pelican's should never trade player like Davis, period. Hope you get lucky and can improve. If he leaves when his contract is up, so be it.

You are T-Wolves fans, how did that KG trade turn out?

F-ing froobs.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:43 am Pelican's should never trade player like Davis, period. Hope you get lucky and can improve. If he leaves when his contract is up, so be it.

You are T-Wolves fans, how did that KG trade turn out?

F-ing froobs.
You do not let him walk for nothing. That would be like the Spurs letting Kawhi walk for nothing, Pacers letting PG13 walk for nothing, or Minnesota letting Butler leave for nothing.

The KG trade was trash. Big Al was good before his knee injury, but Gomes, Telfair, and Green were all trash and showed zero ability.

You are not an elite basketball mind.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

You trade a super star, you lose the trade, every time. By letting him walk, you don't lock into bad contracts. At best, that last year at the trade deadline, you trade for picks.

Where is this team taking you?
Lonzo
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Yep, nowhere.

LEARN THE GAME!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am You trade a super star, you lose the trade, every time. By letting him walk, you don't lock into bad contracts. At best, that last year at the trade deadline, you trade for picks.

Lonzo
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Yep, nowhere.

LEARN THE GAME!
Lonzo is making 7 million, Ingram 5 million, Kuzma 1 million and all on rookie deals then you have their RFA rights too.

Where's the bad contracts your locked into?

Picks aren't going to be as good as those 3 players who can help you be competitive now and in the future.

Keep getting schooled noob.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yep, can't wait to resign those guys to max deals, really gonna pull them to title contention! In the meantime, sub .500 and then you are resetting in a couple years anyway because they suck. Great plan!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:09 pm Yep, can't wait to resign those guys to max deals, really gonna pull them to title contention! In the meantime, sub .500 and then you are resetting in a couple years anyway because they suck. Great plan!
Who says you have to max them? You get 2 more years to look at Ingram, 3 for Kuzma and Lonzo before having to make a choice.

You also have their rights so you can let them go to free agency and match whatever deal they receive, similar to what Chicago did for Lavine

If you're superstar wants out, you already know how toxic that can be for the team and fan base. At least with a trade, you get new young assets you can rally the team and fan base around.

Again, you getting schooled all day.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Who ever said Davis wants out? No need to trade him anyway right now. He is under contract for next year and has a player option the year after that (obvious will decline so he can sign a gigantic contract). Davis isn't going anywhere this season.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:24 pm Who ever said Davis wants out? No need to trade him anyway right now. He is under contract for next year and has a player option the year after that (obvious will decline so he can sign a gigantic contract). Davis isn't going anywhere this season.
Chris Broussard said on Colin Cowherd that AD is leaving. But to your point, he said a deal is more likely in the off season.

However my point is, if the Lakers want him, they should trade for him now before the off season because Boston can't trade for AD until the season is over. Bid now before their are other bids coming in.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am You trade a super star, you lose the trade, every time. By letting him walk, you don't lock into bad contracts. At best, that last year at the trade deadline, you trade for picks.

Lonzo
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Yep, nowhere.

LEARN THE GAME!
Yeah that trade is fucking terrible for New Orleans. Just an absolute trainwreck. I don't know if I'd let Davis walk, but they can fall ass backwards into a better deal than that shit pile.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Lonzo
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Yep, nowhere.

LEARN THE GAME!
Yeah that trade is fucking terrible for New Orleans. Just an absolute trainwreck. I don't know if I'd let Davis walk, but they can fall ass backwards into a better deal than that shit pile.
Kuzma is a rising young player. Lonzo and Ingram are both number 2 overall picks.

Name me one realistic deal that is better than that.

That deal is better than what the Bulls got for Jimmy Butler and that was Kris Dunn, Lauri and Lavine.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Lonzo
Jrue
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Yep, nowhere.

LEARN THE GAME!
Kuzma is a rising young player. Lonzo and Ingram are both number 2 overall picks.

That deal is better than what the Bulls got for Jimmy Butler and that was Kris Dunn, Lauri and Lavine.
Boston will offer picks.. and if I'm a Pelicans fan, I want multiple high first round picks in addition to players. I don't want just young players that might already have ceilings.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Boston will offer picks.. and if I'm a Pelicans fan, I want multiple high first round picks in addition to players. I don't want just young players that might already have ceilings.
Yea but Boston has to wait until the season is over to offer any deal for AD. I said in an earlier post that if the Lakers want AD, they have to move on him now before other bids come.

I don't think Celtics are offering Tatum though so Jaylen Brown and picks for AD or Lakers deal with 3 young guys and 1 pick?
T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Yea but Boston has to wait until the season is over to offer any deal for AD. I said in an earlier post that if the Lakers want AD, they have to move on him now before other bids come.

I don't think Celtics are offering Tatum though so Jaylen Brown and picks for AD or Lakers deal with 3 young guys and 1 pick?
Why would the Pelicans rush to trade Davis to the Lakers now when they can get a better offer from Boston this summer?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Why would the Pelicans rush to trade Davis to the Lakers now when they can get a better offer from Boston this summer?
Cause that Lakers deal is amazing!!!! Ask Unfadeable!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:23 pm

What’s the better offer from Boston? What players and what package?

And if a player wants out, you have already seen what that toxicity can do to a team or fan base.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Boston would offer Tatum, filler, and a pick for AD if it came down to getting him or letting him end up with the Lakers.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I don't believe I've ever heard Davis say he wants out ....as a matter of fact he has said the exact opposite. There seems to be a trend going that star players are not exactly knocking down the door to play with LeBron James...... there must be something to it.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

And that is why I said sometimes it's better to let the guy walk and not get contracts back.

Is that lineup better than the Wolves?
Do you think FA's are going to sign?

The problem being they are just decent enough to win a couple games and not get a top 3 pick.

Better to let him walk or get a couple picks, completely bottom out, rather than have some OK NBA players.
Last edited by Moses Scurry on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:28 pm Boston would offer Tatum, filler, and a pick for AD if it came down to getting him or letting him end up with the Lakers.
Jackie Macmillan of the Boston Globe said Tatum is untradeable as they want to pair him with AD.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm Perhaps I'm mistaken but I don't believe I've ever heard Davis say he wants out ....as a matter of fact he has said the exact opposite. There seems to be a trend going that star players are not exactly knocking down the door to play with LeBron James...... there must be something to it.
Ad fired his agent this year and hired Rich Paul, Lebron Partner and owner of Klutch Sports Agency
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm Perhaps I'm mistaken but I don't believe I've ever heard Davis say he wants out ....as a matter of fact he has said the exact opposite. There seems to be a trend going that star players are not exactly knocking down the door to play with LeBron James...... there must be something to it.
Ad fired his agent this year and hired Rich Paul, Lebron Partner and owner of Klutch Sports Agency

Yeah and he's Ben Simmons agent too. I will not put too much stock into that.

Like I said he's never given any indication he wants out of New Orleans , as a matter of fact he said the exact opposite.

I really don't care either way to be honest with you but I would like to see him stay in New Orleans.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Like I said he's never given any indication he wants out of New Orleans , as a matter of fact he said the exact opposite.

I really don't care either way to be honest with you but I would like to see him stay in New Orleans.
AD did that right when his current deal is ending soon. Ben was a rookie and starting a 4 year contract.

Different circumstances
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:05 pm

AD did that right when his current deal is ending soon. Ben was a rookie and starting a 4 year contract.

Different circumstances

True

I just think the media wants to see him out Los Angeles all that happened was a reporter asked LeBron James what he thought of Anthony Davis playing in Los Angeles and of course he said that would be great. The media is just trying to blow this out of proportion for their own good. If the reporter was any good he would have followed up with --- > well , what players would you have to give up to get Anthony Davis. I suspect it was just a casual question & a casual answer and the media is running with it for their own benefit , nothing more nothing less.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Different circumstances

True

I just think the media wants to see him out Los Angeles all that happened was a reporter asked LeBron James what he thought of Anthony Davis playing in Los Angeles and of course he said that would be great. The media is just trying to blow this out of proportion for their own good. If the reporter was any good he would have followed up with --- > well , what players would you have to give up to get Anthony Davis. I suspect it was just a casual question & a casual answer and the media is running with it for their own benefit , nothing more nothing less.
There is nothing Casual about what Lebron does. He always controls the narrative and if you haven’t noticed that since he’s started his career in the nba then I don’t know what to tell you brother
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:15 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Different circumstances

True

There is nothing Casual about what Lebron does. He always controls the narrative and if you haven’t noticed that since he’s started his career in the nba then I don’t know what to tell you brother
Still haven't heard a peep from AD he wants out of New Orleans I'm going to put this one in the category of wishful thinking by the media and just trying to stir the pot. LeBron James is going to be 34 pretty soon I don't care who you are in two years he just is not going to be that good of a basketball player. Just a fact of Mother Nature you will see him start to rapidly regress fairly soon. Look how quickly Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade went downhill it happens to everybody.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

How many star players have joined Lebron?
D_H

Post by D_H »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:47 pm How many star players have joined Lebron?
Zero

Kyrie Irving didn't want to play with him and it's obvious Paul George didn't want to play with him either. To top it off the guy is going to be 34 pretty soon , father time is undefeated.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Wiggins, Saric and unprotected pick!!!

Rose
Okogie
Covington
Towns
Davis
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

D_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:50 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:47 pm How many star players have joined Lebron?
Zero

Kyrie Irving didn't want to play with him and it's obvious Paul George didn't want to play with him either. To top it off the guy is going to be 34 pretty soon , father time is undefeated.
Yep, exactly my point.

Not a single star.