Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:18 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:13 am Jrue should be the target once Davis is shipped. No Conley, no Lowry.
How do you get him without giving up the 2019 first?
Ha you give it up for Jrue without question if it's 10-12ish. Jrue's in his prime and actually locked in for a few years.
Need to match up salaries too. Teague/Dieng/#10 for Hill/Holiday? They aren't taking Wiggins.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

As I watch Kawhi, I honestly don’t think he stays in Toronto, even if they do win a championship.

Think of it. If you’re Kawhi, you win a title you can leave on the best possible terms AND possibly go home to play with the Clippers.

If you lose, you can still leave for home, get paid and not be on as good of terms.

Win-win, in my opinion.

Not saying he leaves for sure, cuz I don’t now the future.

But I just don’t see him back in Toronto next season.
Last edited by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill on Fri May 10, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Ha you give it up for Jrue without question if it's 10-12ish. Jrue's in his prime and actually locked in for a few years.
Need to match up salaries too. Teague/Dieng/#10 for Hill/Holiday? They aren't taking Wiggins.
Well yeah. I would do that immediately. It's probably not enough for them.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I would like all 3 Holiday brothers together here. They'd fill all the voids.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:13 am Jrue should be the target once Davis is shipped. No Conley, no Lowry.
Jrue is a fine player & I agree that right now he is better than Conley or Lowry. But he is due 26M, 26M & 27M the next three years. Not good money management for a team already against the cap/lux tax.
Another concern I have is that Jrue has only played in 70+ games two of the last 8 years.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

I like Mike Conley, liked him a lot more when he was younger.

I don’t want to see him in a Wolves uniform at all at this point.

I want a game with a fast flowing ball movement offense, I haven’t seen Conley in that type of system, he has been in a smash mouth grind system now for to long. I think he’s spent and I don’t want to waste a bunch of money knowing the best hope is potentially a little stability from Teague’s rollercoaster of misery.

Draft one of the PG’s, bench Teague and trade him ASAP next season. Let Tyus and the new kid they draft run the show from the beginning of training camp next season.

The only saving grace in all of this is that Lowry told Thibbs to go fuck himself, so Thibbs didn’t break the bank to get him. Jesus so many dopes were here begging for Lowry. SMH. :roll:
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Watching First Take and Max is talking about how he would trade Embiid.

I don’t think there would be much of a chance of Philly doing it, but would you deal KAT for Embiid?

I would. Even knowing of Embiid’s injury concerns.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:12 am Watching First Take and Max is talking about how he would trade Embiid.

I don’t think there would be much of a chance of Philly doing it, but would you deal KAT for Embiid?

I would not. Injuries are too big of a concern for me.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 am
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:12 am Watching First Take and Max is talking about how he would trade Embiid.

I would not. Injuries are too big of a concern for me.
That and every question I've had about Kat's want to for the whole game is double for Embiid after the I don't feel good before every game and his childish press conference last night.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I wouldn't trade Kat for Embiid even if there were no injury concerns.

I am on record with saying I wouldn't mind flipping Kat for the right pieces. Embiid isn't one of them.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

If you were Philly would you do it?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am

I am on record with saying I wouldn't mind flipping Kat for the right pieces. Embiid isn't one of them.
Agreed there. Embiid is super talented, but the injuries and the drama is just not worth it. I don't see him having a long career.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am

Agreed there. Embiid is super talented, but the injuries and the drama is just not worth it. I don't see him having a long career.
I really don't think he is that great either.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yep, super talented dominant big man one game from the ECF, trade him!!!! I know they need stuff to talk about but you'd never in a million years get proper return on a Joel trade. Really, really dumb. Towns lacks things Joel has but he's a more versatile offensive player and he's not such a little drama queen.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:35 am Yep, super talented dominant big man one game from the ECF, trade him!!!! I know they need stuff to talk about but you'd never in a million years get proper return on a Joel trade. Really, really dumb. Towns lacks things Joel has but he's a more versatile offensive player and he's not such a little drama queen.
Dominant big man? Maybe in today's game. He couldn't take over a slow, plodding Gasol. Can you imagine what a prime Shaq, Hakeem etc would have done?

Embiid is a good big man in a game with very few. Nothing special imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:37 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:35 am Yep, super talented dominant big man one game from the ECF, trade him!!!! I know they need stuff to talk about but you'd never in a million years get proper return on a Joel trade. Really, really dumb. Towns lacks things Joel has but he's a more versatile offensive player and he's not such a little drama queen.
Dominant big man? Maybe in today's game. He couldn't take over a slow, plodding Gasol. Can you imagine what a prime Shaq, Hakeem etc would have done?

Great take, compare him to 2 of the top 5 big men ever to play! The guy is 25 and hasn't hit his prime. You think he might figure some things out in the next couple years so he performs better in the playoffs maybe?

Gasol ain't what he used to be but he's still a former DPOY that knows how to play position and D up.

I know you like HOT TAKES but settle down Beavis.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:42 am

Great take, compare him to 2 of the top 5 big men ever to play! The guy is 25 and hasn't hit his prime. You think he might figure some things out in the next couple years so he performs better in the playoffs maybe?

Gasol ain't what he used to be but he's still a former DPOY that knows how to play position and D up.

I'm just saying the way Embiid is hyped, you would think he's in that league.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:42 am

I'm just saying the way Embiid is hyped, you would think he's in that league.
He's one of the best big men in the game today, I don't care where he sits historically nor does it matter as I don't think he's going to end up playing them.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Every time I think of the PG Philly would look great with, I always think Jrue. Kind of ironic.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

At this post I’m saying no to almost any trade where we get older.

We’re not at that stage yet and we just came from there.

It’s funny, but I want us to follow the Kong’s route.

Get a bunch of good talented young players and see who pans out.

We’ve already got the most important part figured out (KAT).

Don’t fuck it up by getting old too fast and peaking too quickly due to old age.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Not so certain they wouldn’t take him and his salary if they could get another asset (or 2 or 3) to building around. It looks like their cupboards are bare when AD leaves and there is little upside in paying and keeping Jrue. They do have to spend up to a minimum correct?
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

populousample wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Not so certain they wouldn’t take him and his salary if they could get another asset (or 2 or 3) to building around. It looks like their cupboards are bare when AD leaves and there is little upside in paying and keeping Jrue. They do have to spend up to a minimum correct?
Every team is supposed to spend up to like 90% of the cap but if they don't the rest is divided evenly amongst the players.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I don't get the Jrue Holiday hype here. He aight but he's notoriously injured.

It reeks of the type of player the Wolves get and is completely underwhelming ala Teague.

No way am I trading my lotto pick for him. Hard pass on Conley too.

I would love a guy like Deangelo Russell if the Nets decided to sign Kyrie. Problem is, we don't have the assets to acquire a player of that caliber. We are stuck going after lesser players.

Just keep playing bad basketball and see what we get in the lotto over the next few years.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

irishman89 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 am Every time I think of the PG Philly would look great with, I always think Jrue. Kind of ironic.
Jrue would look very nice here. Just imagine the defense that a Jrue/Okogie/RoCo lineup would bring :shock:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:02 pm
irishman89 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 am Every time I think of the PG Philly would look great with, I always think Jrue. Kind of ironic.
Jrue would look very nice here. Just imagine the defense that a Jrue/Okogie/RoCo lineup would bring :shock:
This team is not in a position to make a trade. This team again needs to build via the draft. Jure is not going to bring this team anywhere and will only leave us without assets and young talent. This would be KG all over again with Towns. People need to get over these stupid ideas. We still have a chance to do something.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

After Kawhi leaves Toronto, flip Wiggins for Lowry. I really like Lowry, he's getting up there but it's win win situation. You dump Andrews contract and get someone who can play and you don't give up young assets.

Draft best player available.

Bada bing bada boom.

Thank me later.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 pm After Kawhi leaves Toronto, flip Wiggins for Lowry. I really like Lowry, he's getting up there but it's win win situation. You dump Andrews contract and get someone who can play and you don't give up young assets.

Bada bing bada boom.

Thank me later.
I really don’t think we need Lowry’s disappearing act.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:58 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 pm After Kawhi leaves Toronto, flip Wiggins for Lowry. I really like Lowry, he's getting up there but it's win win situation. You dump Andrews contract and get someone who can play and you don't give up young assets.

Bada bing bada boom.

Thank me later.
this isn't a bad idea because lowry WOULD pull a disappearing act. as in the $33M due to him would just be for the one season and then his contract would expire. and we'd be out from under andrew's longterm money. we'd have to come up with another $6M player to make the deal work. can we do a sign and trade with tyus at $6M?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 am

Bada bing bada boom.

Thank me later.
this isn't a bad idea because lowry WOULD pull a disappearing act. as in the $33M due to him would just be for the one season and then his contract would expire. and we'd be out from under andrew's longterm money. we'd have to come up with another $6M player to make the deal work. can we do a sign and trade with tyus at $6M?
Huh, for some reason I thought he signed a 4-year deal. Woopsie.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SHAFA wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 am

Huh, for some reason I thought he signed a 4-year deal. Woopsie.
maybe he did and i missed it. but i just checked both sportrac and hoopshype again and they say the same thing - his contract expires at the end of the coming season.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.