Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:52 pm
I'd love to see him sign for a reasonable 1-2 year contract, try to trade Teague, draft a PG in this draft, and let Rose/Tyus share PG duties while working the rookie in and hopefully take over a year or 2 down the road.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:59 pm
I'd love to see him sign for a reasonable 1-2 year contract, try to trade Teague, draft a PG in this draft, and let Rose/Tyus share PG duties while working the rookie in and hopefully take over a year or 2 down the road.
I like Rose better in the scoring 2 guard bench role aka Lou Williams. Instant offense. Rose is better when he’s aggressive and hunting for his own shots.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sounds a bit like Rose is going to take the biggest offer.

And if it's true that he injured his elbow because he took too many shots in the off season... Just let him go if he won't sign for the minimum. I love what he did this year but saying he is made of glass is an understatement.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Sounds a bit like Rose is going to take the biggest offer.

And if it's true that he injured his elbow because he took too many shots in the off season... Just let him go if he won't sign for the minimum. I love what he did this year but saying he is made of glass is an understatement.
Yeah, if he's looking for the biggest contract out there, let him go. He's good for 20-25 mpg, anything more than that you are risking injury. He's just not reliable enough to sign to a big contract, but if can accept a mid level type deal, and a split role at PG/SG, sign him up.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Magic Johnson stepping down as president of the Lakers

He said he didn’t want to fire Luke and he got the monkey off his back.

He’s tired of taking bad press for Lebron basically
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:28 pm Magic Johnson stepping down as president of the Lakers

LeBron is a cancer, dude just alienates everyone around him.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:28 pm Magic Johnson stepping down as president of the Lakers

Hyperbole.

Woj and some others reported even early in the year that Magic was taking weeks at a time off etc.. Said some were even questioning exactly what he does.

I don't think he wanted to do the job. Maybe some of it is all the drama but I'm sure it's not all of it.

Go read Laker forums. They are in no way upset Magic left.

They all want Luke fired. Walton is a garbage HC imo. I never liked that hire in the first place.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Seriously, every single post of Sergeant Rubetube is, "this guy sucks", every single one. Roco sucks, Tyus sucks, Saric sucks, Magic sucks, Walton sucks, Thibs sucks, Butler sucks, Saunders sucks, Layden sucks, etc. I'm assuming Towns sucks too.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:31 pm Seriously, every single post of Sergeant Rubetube is, "this guy sucks", every single one. Roco sucks, Tyus sucks, Saric sucks, Magic sucks, Walton sucks, Thibs sucks, Butler sucks, Saunders sucks, Layden sucks, etc. I'm assuming Towns sucks too.
He does the same for the Gophers when it comes to who should be the coach. It's funny for me at this point.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Dan33185 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:24 am

LeBron is a cancer, dude just alienates everyone around him.
I saw this on the interwebz somewhere today, so I can’t take personal credit for this, but:

Magic has lived for 28 years with HIV, but couldn’t last 9 months with LeBron.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Listening to radio, said Monte turned down Lakers. Lolz.

Fuck LeBron.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Okay Wolves rubes.

You’re the Clippers.

In this scenario you get Durant and Leonard.

What does your roster look like with those two with respect to the salary cap?

What players are still with the team?

Who do you give walking papers to?

I just think they already have some really solid players that would be wonderful role players.

What would be your final 12?
T_J

Post by T_J »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:09 pm Okay Wolves rubes.

You’re the Clippers.

In this scenario you get Durant and Leonard.

What does your roster look like with those two with respect to the salary cap?

What players are still with the team?

Who do you give walking papers to?

I just think they already have some really solid players that would be wonderful role players.

What would be your final 12?
I can't remember, do they have to clear anyone out to make the two max spots?

So they have Shamet, Gilgeous-Alexander, Lou Williams, Gallinari, and Harrel under contract through 2019 or further, as well as a couple small salary guys I've never heard of.

Gilgeous-Alexander
Gallinari - not really a SG.
Leonard
Durant
_______

Off the bench - Lou, Harrell & Shamet.

They got picks to use, maybe they make a AD offer and use Gallo & Lou as salary filler with one of those young pg's. At that point it doesn't really matter who else is on the roster.

I think it's more likely they get Durant + Kyrie or Kawhi by himself than the Durant/Kawhi combo though.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

My predictions..

Durant is either going to the Lakers or Knicks.

Kawhi to the Clippers

Butler and Kyrie to the Nets or Kyrie joins Durant in NY.

AD to Lakers or Boston

Super teams galore!

It should tell you about today's talent when most of these "Super teams" are not even as good as 90's Bulls, 80's Celtics, 90's Pistons, 80's Lakers etc..

The Miami Heat team that started this all is really the only one that is a GOAT
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:16 pm My predictions..

Kawhi to the Clippers

AD to Lakers or Boston

Super teams galore!

It should tell you about today's talent when most of these "Super teams" are not even as good as 90's Bulls, 80's Celtics, 90's Pistons, 80's Lakers etc..

0.1% chance Durant goes to the Lakers.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:49 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:16 pm My predictions..

Kawhi to the Clippers

AD to Lakers or Boston

Super teams galore!

0.1% chance Durant goes to the Lakers.
We will see, Kevin.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

dan favale of Bleacher Report's latest wolves trade idea:

gorgui, teague, KBD, both our picks this year (top 4 protected) and next year's 2nd rounder

to memphis ... for mike conley and cj miles.

no thanks. i think gorgs still has value, teague is gone in a year or earlier, i like KBD, i can see both our picks this year sticking with the squad as cheap talent, miles will be 33 next year and conley 32, plus conley's brittle. just a very large nope from my end.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am dan favale of Bleacher Report's latest wolves trade idea:

gorgui, teague, KBD, both our picks this year (top 4 protected) and next year's 2nd rounder

no thanks. i think gorgs still has value, teague is gone in a year or earlier, i like KBD, i can see both our picks this year sticking with the squad as cheap talent, miles will be 33 next year and conley 32, plus conley's brittle. just a very large nope from my end.
Worse trade idea in a while. Must be from the Memphis end of it. Rosas should be fired right after that trade is made.
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am dan favale of Bleacher Report's latest wolves trade idea:

That's too much. If our pick is 10-12th, I'd consider it if we're trading just Gorgui and Teague.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i still would hate it. like i said, i think we can find on court value with gorgs. i like our pick this year. and we'd be exchanging one last year of teague at $19M for two years of conley at $68M. plus he's 32 and has missed 140 some games in the past 6 seasons. he never makes it thru a full year. that trend isn't going to get better.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I wouldn't trade for Conley. That's a super expensive short term risk with little long term reward.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I don't get the timing.. top 4 protected but we'd know where the pick is going fairly soon. I really do not want to give up our pick this year unless it's bringing in another young player on a rookie scale deal. We need to start clearing out money with the goal of getting back into the free agency sweepstakes by summer 2021 if possible.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Jrue should be the target once Davis is shipped. No Conley, no Lowry.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:13 am Jrue should be the target once Davis is shipped. No Conley, no Lowry.
How do you get him without giving up the 2019 first?
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Anyone think just keeping Teague might be the best thing to do with him?

He will be on an expiring contract and that’s what, 19 million off the books after this upcoming season? Plus, maybe he will play really well knowing he is in a contract year?

He is my second least favorite player behind Wiggins. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel when you talk about Teague and keeping him going into this upcoming season, so it isn’t the worst thing in the world.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:18 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:13 am Jrue should be the target once Davis is shipped. No Conley, no Lowry.
How do you get him without giving up the 2019 first?
Ha you give it up for Jrue without question if it's 10-12ish. Jrue's in his prime and actually locked in for a few years.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:51 am Anyone think just keeping Teague might be the best thing to do with him?

He will be on an expiring contract and that’s what, 19 million off the books after this upcoming season? Plus, maybe he will play really well knowing he is in a contract year?

He is my second least favorite player behind Wiggins. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel when you talk about Teague and keeping him going into this upcoming season, so it isn’t the worst thing in the world.
i agree with this unless a great deal falls in our laps. i'd like to see us drop rose and use teague off the bench in a scoring PG role. he'd have fewer decisions to make - which seemed to often shut down his brain last year - he'd have lesser competition to face on a nightly basis - and, as you said, he's in a contract year. who would start for us (tyus?, draft pick?, FA?) is another story entirely, but i think there are ways to use teague well in his final year here.