Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
OliverMiller

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by OliverMiller »

Crazy they couldn't move any of the expiring for even 2nd rounders.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Our old guys are not even worth 2nd rounders to other teams. Bayless, Deng, Tolliver? Don't make me laugh.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I’m not sure what people expected. It’s been clear that they’re still shooting for a playoff berth, and they aren’t far off, especially with some of the moves made the last few days.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:19 pm Wiggins for Gordon. Orlando can roll out Issac and Wigs on the wings.

Oh wait, too late. :(
Wait a minute, did AG get dealt?
No, deadline. I thought they wanted to move him at some point. No rumors, just froob wishful thinking.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 pm Crazy they couldn't move any of the expiring for even 2nd rounders.
My assumption on some of these moves are more about finances than the actual players.

So did MN get an offer for Tolliver ... like here's Nick Stauskas and a second round pick? I feel like they'd pull the trigger on that but the team on the other side... seems to me like they'd rather look at the buyout market and save $$ that way versus adding Tolliver and whatever is left on his contract.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 pm Our old guys are not even worth 2nd rounders to other teams. Bayless, Deng, Tolliver? Don't make me laugh.
We need em for our playoff run.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Beyond him opting out, and without a trade, how do we get Teague off the books for next year?
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

All Teague needs is the belief that a team will offer him a deal worth more than $19 million, regardless of the years. In that case, he will opt out and move on. I can't imagine he wants to be here that badly. He came here to play with Butler. I am not so sure he doesn't opt out and move on.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

populousample wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:05 pm Beyond him opting out, and without a trade, how do we get Teague off the books for next year?
If he is miserable like Crawford was and opts out. He knows the fan base has never really warmed up to him. He’s good at times but way too unpredictable.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:57 pm Marc Gasol to Toronto...glad to see Wolves do nothing
They have nothing anyone wants.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

winforlose wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 pm No Timberwolves trades. Interesting
Horrible, not interesting. We should have moved at least Tolliver. Layden needs to find the door, and then let it hit him on the way out.
Who wants Anthony Tolliver for fs sake?!?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Did Toronto get better adding Marc Gasol? And if so, how much?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Bob Wiley wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm Did Toronto get better adding Marc Gasol? And if so, how much?
Gasol will give Embiid a challenge. His length will help against Lopez in Milwaukee also. Gasol can pull both of those players away from the basket.

Not sure how this is going to impact my fantasy basketball Serge Ibaka standings. My guess is that Serge gets his minutes cut as he was the starting center ...
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I could see them putting out a huge crushing lineup where Ibaka plays next to Gasol, and Siakam plays the three.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:44 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 pm Crazy they couldn't move any of the expiring for even 2nd rounders.
My assumption on some of these moves are more about finances than the actual players.

So did MN get an offer for Tolliver ... like here's Nick Stauskas and a second round pick? I feel like they'd pull the trigger on that but the team on the other side... seems to me like they'd rather look at the buyout market and save $$ that way versus adding Tolliver and whatever is left on his contract.
Yeah that's a fair point especially since it seems like the buyout market will be pretty good.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:07 pm All Teague needs is the belief that a team will offer him a deal worth more than $19 million, regardless of the years. In that case, he will opt out and move on. I can't imagine he wants to be here that badly. He came here to play with Butler. I am not so sure he doesn't opt out and move on.
No one is paying him anything close to that next year.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

"It is lost on no one within the Bulls that they are 4-2 under Jim Boylen when LaVine has been out and 3-21 otherwise. That stat could mean nothing, but it has been noted.

Dunn was there to be had at the deadline, sources say. LaVine was not, but the Bulls probably would have listened had someone overwhelmed them -- which no one was going to do."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

They just showed what NO turned down for AD. NO is just stupid for not taking it.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 am They just showed what NO turned down for AD. NO is just stupid for not taking it.
I don't blame them. I'd rather get a package from the Clippers or Boston.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:20 pm
irishman89 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:07 pm All Teague needs is the belief that a team will offer him a deal worth more than $19 million, regardless of the years. In that case, he will opt out and move on. I can't imagine he wants to be here that badly. He came here to play with Butler. I am not so sure he doesn't opt out and move on.
No one is paying him anything close to that next year.
Our bet chance to get out of that is if he hates it here so much he leaves on his own free will like Jamal Crawford did but his option was only 4.5 million.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 am
Thrillkill wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 am They just showed what NO turned down for AD. NO is just stupid for not taking it.
What are you getting from the Clippers?

Boston's package is better if they include Tatum and most of the picks.

The Lakers offer once they included every young player, take on Solomon Hill and two unprotected picks was a really, really good trade offer.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:33 am "It is lost on no one within the Bulls that they are 4-2 under Jim Boylen when LaVine has been out and 3-21 otherwise. That stat could mean nothing, but it has been noted.

Dunn was there to be had at the deadline, sources say. LaVine was not, but the Bulls probably would have listened had someone overwhelmed them -- which no one was going to do."
Zach Lowe had some interesting comments on Dunn and LaVine on one of his recent podcasts. Don't want to misquote but he ripped 'em pretty good. No secret he's not a fan of either guy.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am

The Lakers offer once they included every young player, take on Solomon Hill and two unprotected picks was a really, really good trade offer.
They have the unprotected Miami pick and additional future philly pick to throw in so better and more picks.

And then I like SGA and Robinson as much as the Lkawrs young guys. Throw in Shamet as well.

I agree Celtics offer could be the best and I don't think they lose any offers unless AD suffers a big injury.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

I'm a bird in the hand guy. If the deal is good then take it. More teams have got less by a mile than have got significantly better. You also get games to get a gauge on the players you get before maybe building a flawed roster around them in the offseason. You also have them in hand on draft night when as a rebuild you want to have the flex to make some moves.

Bonehead move by them IMO. They might want to remember that the teams that want AD have either a ton of space to buy without assets or so many assets like Bos they can do many other things.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:56 pm
I'm a bird in the hand guy. If the deal is good then take it. More teams have got less by a mile than have got significantly better. You also get games to get a gauge on the players you get before maybe building a flawed roster around them in the offseason. You also have them in hand on draft night when as a rebuild you want to have the flex to make some moves.

Bonehead move by them IMO. They might want to remember that the teams that want AD have either a ton of space to buy without assets or so many assets like Bos they can do many other things.
Yeah I think that's fair. Maybe I love them playing the Lakers for a fool too much
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 am

They have the unprotected Miami pick and additional future philly pick to throw in so better and more picks.

And then I like SGA and Robinson as much as the Lkawrs young guys. Throw in Shamet as well.

I agree Celtics offer could be the best and I don't think they lose any offers unless AD suffers a big injury.
I still don't think AD goes anywhere he's not willing to give a commitment to. Not sure he does it for the Clippers but yeah, that Harris trade gave them to nice picks. SGA looks good (via fantasy hoops), haven't followed Robinson as close. I think Shamet is a nice player but doesn't quite move the needle.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Pau buyout from the Spurs. There's hope!
Spoiler:
Going to Milwaukee. :cry:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:01 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:55 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:51 pm My God look at all these incredible moves the Wolves have made this offseason!!! They will be almost unrecognizable this season with these amazing moves. Thank you Jimmy Butler for the incredible job of recruiting talent here this summer, I am sorry I ever doubted him.

Championship Or Bust!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
the 2016-17 wolves included casspi, dunn, hill, lavine, lucas III, bazz, payne, rubio, rush and stephenson. the following year we brought in brooks, brown, butler, crawford, MGH, gibson, patton, rose and teague. i want to see them add another wing and maybe a development big. other than that, i'm excusing them this year if they've opted for a little more stability.
That second group would beat that first group 120-59 but Jodaclown thinks we've regressed. :lol:
I also said Tolliver’s second stint here would likely end worse than his first stint (and that ended pretty badly).

Jodadamus Is Real!

:thumbsup:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

not quite the offseason yet to fit this thread, but i'll run with it anyway. just waived in the last two days - wes johnson, rodney mcgruder and luc mbah a moute. it's interesting to see who's getting shed as the season winds down.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm not quite the offseason yet to fit this thread, but i'll run with it anyway. just waived in the last two days - wes johnson, rodney mcgruder and luc mbah a moute. it's interesting to see who's getting shed as the season winds down.
You can start a 2019 offseason thread if you want. I'm not sure why I didn't put a year on it.