Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:31 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:25 pm Anybody that thinks Covington is long for this Team needs to get a damn clue........He Gone!!

He is the one real asset this team has left and Rosas needs to be smart in whatever deal he ends up using him in. With all the wings picked up, they are auditioning replacements.

Fuckhead Rosas should have just used him to get Garland, would have had the future PG and could have used Saric for something else at the deadline or right now. Colossal Fuck Up!
What is it about Garland that you like so much? I didn't see enough to feel he was some grand prize as others see him. Hoping you're willing to take the time to sell me on him.
Good luck having Joda explain the ins and outs of Garland’s game to you j2j. He didn’t know who he was until probably a month ago, and now he was the Wolves only hope.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏Verified account @wojespn
25m25 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Cousins' one-year deal with the Lakers is $3.5M.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Four-time All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins agrees to a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:47 pm
witljon wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 pm

What is it about Garland that you like so much? I didn't see enough to feel he was some grand prize as others see him. Hoping you're willing to take the time to sell me on him.
I need to be sold on him too.
Nobody seems to be able to other than "Rosas fucked up."
What is he your husband or something? Gonna be your new one note. LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE! I mean Rosas. Tried to trade up for Garland, did it too early, tried to bail on it and couldn't. GIANT FUCK UP. If you weren't so all in in love with him for some reason you could stop excuse making and admit it and move on.

And maybe instead of waiting around for someone to explain to you for the 100th time that Garland has a freaky tight handle and was likely the best shooter in the draft you could oh..........watch a game? Or maybe just whine that "yeah, who said he was that good anyway? My husband didn't miss out on anything."
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Rosas Crybabies are irrational.

Let ‘em cry.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:24 pm
What is he your husband or something? Gonna be your new one note. LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE! I mean Rosas. Tried to trade up for Garland, did it too early, tried to bail on it and couldn't. GIANT FUCK UP. If you weren't so all in in love with him for some reason you could stop excuse making and admit it and move on.

And maybe instead of waiting around for someone to explain to you for the 100th time that Garland has a freaky tight handle and was likely the best shooter in the draft you could oh..........watch a game? Or maybe just whine that "yeah, who said he was that good anyway? My husband didn't miss out on anything."
Corky with another rage post because he can't answer the question.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:44 pm Boogie to the Lakers
Cripes

Battle of LA.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Butch Bradford wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Adrian Wojnarowski
25m25 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Cousins' one-year deal with the Lakers is $3.5M.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Four-time All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins agrees to a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Seemed obvious.

He signed for really cheap, so I would have to think the Lakers arent done yet. Initially I was thinking Blake or Love, but didnt realize the Danny Green signing was $15 mill per. Not sure who fits the mold of a star type, but with a reasonable contract...but I believe they will try to add one more piece.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:45 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Corky with another rage post because he can't answer the question.
Answered the question again for the 100th time. That you can't understand is no fault of mine and certainly no surprise. Answered it 200 in the draft thread, but How would you know as you are staring at your husband's picture and knowing he can do no wrong. Why pay attention to facts or watch any basketball. Just keep crying about all the people after your one true love for being shit at his job.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rosas was the one chasing him, maybe he can explain why he was after him.

I would have been happy with any of the top 3 PG’s, Morant was my favorite, didn’t give a rats ass which one they picked out of the other two....just pick one.

So in not picking one, yes - Rosas fucked up.

Now sell me on Culver, because the footage of him is painful and from what I watched in the Tournament the guy isn’t a #6 pick.
j2j

Post by j2j »

More rage posts.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:10 amMore rage posts.
Nice sales job on Culver.

What a shocker you know zip about him.
T_J

Post by T_J »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 am

I would have been happy with any of the top 3 PG’s, Morant was my favorite, didn’t give a rats ass which one they picked out of the other two....just pick one.

Now sell me on Culver, because the footage of him is painful and from what I watched in the Tournament the guy isn’t a #6 pick.
So who did we pass on at 6 that you think will be better than Culver? Asking seriously cause I don't know.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Culver will be stud! His tape is impressive. He should have gone #4.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 am

You provide absolutely nothing when you're in full out spaz mode, which is about 90% of your existence. Why should I bother selling you on anything?

Now go ahead and rage on.

j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:13 am

So who did we pass on at 6 that you think will be better than Culver? Asking seriously cause I don't know.
Sounds like he's saying he'd have preferred Coby White, which basically screams that he wants anyone that someone has ever labeled a potential point guard, no matter if he's good or not.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 am

You provide absolutely nothing when you're in full out spaz mode, which is about 90% of your existence. Why should I bother selling you on anything?

Wasn't my question. I would never ask you for a basketball take. You obviously have none. Just wanted you to again prove it in the most childish way possible. Nice job. You never fail to live up to exactly that.

I don't have to answer because...................YOU'RE STUPID! :lol: Child.
T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 am

Sounds like he's saying he'd have preferred Coby White, which basically screams that he wants anyone that someone has ever labeled a potential point guard, no matter if he's good or not.
Yeah, on the basis of the NCAA tourney play, I don't know what White did that was so impressive.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 am
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 am

Wasn't my question. I would never ask you for a basketball take. You obviously have none. Just wanted you to again prove it in the most childish way possible. Nice job. You never fail to live up to exactly that.

I don't have to answer because...................YOU'RE STUPID! :lol: Child.
Thanks, so should I expect more of you chasing my dick or less?

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 am

Culver also apparently has the same future PG status according to Rosas.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I wonder if the Wolves worked out some illegal 'under the table' deal with GSW. We'll help you add DLo, if you trade him to us when Klay returns.

This would be completely ridiculous, I'm just so curious to know just how hard the Wolves tried to free up cap space.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

It’s fascinating to watch rivalries continue over time.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Wiggins always played really well against OKC..
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:25 pm Anybody that thinks Covington is long for this Team needs to get a damn clue........He Gone!!

He is the one real asset this team has left and Rosas needs to be smart in whatever deal he ends up using him in. With all the wings picked up, they are auditioning replacements.

Fuckhead Rosas should have just used him to get Garland, would have had the future PG and could have used Saric for something else at the deadline or right now. Colossal Fuck Up!
Think Allen Iverson. Will he be as good? Probably not. AI was one of a kind. This kids mixtape OOZES those vibes though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:42 am

Think Allen Iverson. Will he be as good? Probably not. AI was one of a kind. This kids mixtape OOZES those vibes though.
Wow...

j2j

Post by j2j »

Great re-signing for the Clippers.

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I thought he was kinda laying in the weeds there for too long. He's been dinged a ton, but he has a nice game when healthy.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 am

Wow...
What can I say.. I played the position at a high level. I don't watch these kids in a gym, J. I take it to the streets. The "Blacktop" is where you get a feel for one's game.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:20 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 am

Wow...
What can I say.. I played the position at a high level. I don't watch these kids in a gym, J. I take it to the streets. The "Blacktop" is where you get a feel for one's game.
The blacktop... Spend a lot of time watching Garland play on the "blacktop"? See a lot of guys whose game translated well from the "blacktop" to the gym, where they actually play? :lol:

Good to know the #5 pick of a weak draft is being compared to one of the all time greats. He should have gone #1!

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Looking forward to the Garland Challenge of a first ballot HOF-er, averaging over 41 minutes per game over 14 years, averaging 27 a game as well. Similar builds. From the next down, I imagine. Garland is probably already a better shooter, but will he ever be the scorer AI was? AI 2.0? Nah. Let him be his own dude.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Woah woah woah... Let's not get it twisted. I'm not saying he is the next AI (One of my favorites)

I'm just saying he has some traits that remind me of his. That's all.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master