Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by Hoop Dreams »

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... rontrunner
The Memphis Grizzlies are escalating trade talks involving Mike Conley Jr., league sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Utah Jazz are considered a frontrunner to acquire Conley as they have had ongoing discussions. Utah and Memphis also had trade discussions involving Conley at the deadline.

Other reports in the media have linked the Jazz with D'Angelo Russell.

SHAMS CHARANIA/THE ATHLETIC
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

3 team trade Conley to Jazz, Jazz 1st and Teague to Memphis, Rubio to MN
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm 3 team trade Conley to Jazz, Jazz 1st and Teague to Memphis, Rubio to MN
Please, just stop with your Rubio talk.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:11 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm 3 team trade Conley to Jazz, Jazz 1st and Teague to Memphis, Rubio to MN
Rubio is a FA too. Is fade saying this is a sign and trade? I wouldn’t do it regardless because I’m over Rubio.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Is your brain leaking?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

20 mins ago – via Twitter chrisgrenham
Chris Grenham: Woj says on @SportsCenter that the Celtics are “almost to the point of resignation” that Kyrie is going to leave. Also reaffirmed that the Celtics will try to trade at least one of their three first-round picks.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm 20 mins ago – via Twitter chrisgrenham
Chris Grenham: Woj says on @SportsCenter that the Celtics are “almost to the point of resignation” that Kyrie is going to leave. Also reaffirmed that the Celtics will try to trade at least one of their three first-round picks.
They’re better off throwing money at Rozier anyways.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:14 pm
kilkenny wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:11 pm
Rubio is a FA too. Is fade saying this is a sign and trade? I wouldn’t do it regardless because I’m over Rubio.
Sign and trade
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm 20 mins ago – via Twitter chrisgrenham
Give them Saric for one.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Please stop with the Rubio pipedreams...we need shooters in the worst way not Ricky and his broke ass flat set shot.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
witljon

Post by witljon »

OliverMiller wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:41 pm Probably makes Kawhi staying east more likely?
....or increases his chances of signing with the Lakers.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm
Give them Saric for one.
The Celtics have been holding these picks for what seems like ever. Man they seem to have really pissed away a golden opportunity to dominate. The East has caught up to them talent wise, and with losing Kyrie and a bad deal for the stiff from Utah they really screwed the pooch.

I was sick of hearing about Ainge and what a genius he is, time for him to cash in the chips. The only difference is now they aren’t using those picks to go over the top, they need to use them just to stay relevant.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Al Horford will not exercise the $30.1M option on his 2019-20 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Losing both Horford and Kyrie Irving via free agency, without receiving anything in return, would be a brutal blow for Boston. Horford, who is still extremely effective on both ends of the floor, has been a crucial contributor for the Celtics. However, Wojnarowski does note that Horford and the Celtics both have an interest in working toward a new deal in July. Stay tuned.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Dumbfounded
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

No idea how Ainge has a job.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 am Al Horford will not exercise the $30.1M option on his 2019-20 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Losing both Horford and Kyrie Irving via free agency, without receiving anything in return, would be a brutal blow for Boston. Horford, who is still extremely effective on both ends of the floor, has been a crucial contributor for the Celtics. However, Wojnarowski does note that Horford and the Celtics both have an interest in working toward a new deal in July. Stay tuned.
You'd think it's 95% he re-signs but does anyone think Towns could get him to come here? Have to do some kind of sign and trade but Horford is like his mentor right?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 am Al Horford will not exercise the $30.1M option on his 2019-20 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
That's odd because on the ESPN article it says the opposite and it was written by WOj.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/270 ... eal-boston
Boston Celtics All-Star center Al Horford will decline to exercise his $30.1 million option for the 2019-20 season and seek to leave the franchise as an unrestricted free agent this summer, league sources told ESPN.

Talks on a new deal with the Celtics have perished, with too great of a gulf between what the Celtics are willing to offer and what Horford wants on a long-term deal, league sources said.

Celtics general manager Danny Ainge and Horford's agent, Jason Glushon, aren't expected to restart talks again, league sources said. Horford is entering free agency with the full expectation that his three-year Celtics career has ended, sources said.
:shrug:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

I read the perfect Ainge tweet earlier.

Something like "Boston has been more focused on winning trades than winning championships."
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:28 pm
You'd think it's 95% he re-signs but does anyone think Towns could get him to come here? Have to do some kind of sign and trade but Horford is like his mentor right?
Gross. He's 34 and never really been that good. He is a decent player that has been highly overvalued.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:19 pm
Gross. He's 34 and never really been that good. He is a decent player that has been highly overvalued.
Horford's always been good. He's just never been flashy.

But you hate everything, so there's that, I guess.
j2j

Post by j2j »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:39 pm

The guys Tube loves is kind of intersting. He's a big fan of guys like Carmelo, Boogie, and Dwight Howard. So pretty much losers who put up high raw stats that don't contribute to winning. I don't get it.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Horford is great. He took a small step back last season because of age but he’s probably the 2nd best defensive big in the NBA behind Embiid in terms of doing everything. Protecting the rim, guarding the pnr, knowing when to drop and when to hedge. Best help defender in the NBA for awhile. If you think he’s overvalued I just strongly disagree.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 pm
SHAFA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:39 pm

The guys Tube loves is kind of intersting. He's a big fan of guys like Carmelo, Boogie, and Dwight Howard. So pretty much losers who put up high raw stats that don't contribute to winning. I don't get it.
What?!?

I have never been a Boogie fan. Yes, I did love Melo when he was in his prime. Howard is a bum. I wanted the Wolves to get him for cheap and bring some excitement. Better than the shit this team usually has.

You know, the scrubs you guy's go on about year after year as if you have found some hidden gem to only suck major ass and the take disappears forever.

Guy's like Rubio, BeAPizza, Randolph, Shved. The list of shit can go on and on.

Melo is a HOFer. At least Howard was a has been. :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Melo is a HOFer because of what he did outside the NBA, not in it.

j2j

Post by j2j »

I could see Horford fitting in well with the Lakers. I mean first off, fuck the Lakers, but he is a good fit with Davis and LeBron.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm Melo is a HOFer because of what he did outside the NBA, not in it.
Melo is a 10x All Star and 6x All NBA. A scoring champ.

I love Wolves fans who tear down all these guy's like Harden, Melo etc.. and start threads about Tyus Jones :lol:

I think the year I wanted Howard here we ended up with Aldrich and you guy's were like "Better fit" :lol:

This board hates on guy's like Kobe Bryant etc.. It's laughable really.

Meanwhile this team has had one good player in the history of the franchise and he won about as much as Carmelo did here. It took him joining a super team to get it done.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:09 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm Melo is a HOFer because of what he did outside the NBA, not in it.

I love Wolves fans who tear down all these guy's like Harden, Melo etc.. and start threads about Tyus Jones :lol:

I think the year I wanted Howard here we ended up with Aldrich and you guy's were like "Better fit" :lol:

Meanwhile this team has had one good player in the history of the franchise and he won about as much as Carmelo did here. It took him joining a super team to get it done.
You're corked because Wolves fans start threads on a Wolves message board about Wolves players that happen to be from the state the Wolves play in? I can't imagine why in a million years people would start a thread about Tyus Jones. :roll:

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

You’ve jumped the shark tube. Sorry. You’re pissed off that Wolves fans aren’t talking about Carmelo Anthony and instead start threads about players on the team. Look inside and you’ll see how ridiculous that sounds.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

You're corked because Wolves fans start threads on a Wolves message board about Wolves players that happen to be from the state the Wolves play in? I can't imagine why in a million years people would start a thread about Tyus Jones. :roll:
I get it. Some guy's some people don't like. Some guy's have holes in their games and can still be really good. Some guy's a natural born losers (Kyrie and Jimmy)

Still doesn't mean these guy's aren't leagues above the trash we get to watch as Wolves fans. I would take any of them on this team and build around their strengths. Not everyone can be Kawhi.

Guy's like Kevin Love were loved here. He wasn't a complete player at all and really ended up being a slightly above average player.

You would have to argue that just about everyone who has ever played here has been a "Loser"
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!