Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
winforlose

Re: **Official NBA Offseason Transactions/Rumors Thread**

Post by winforlose »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:22 pm
winforlose wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:34 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:32 pm The Mavericks have placed Dennis Smith Jr on the trade block.

The mavs want to start Doncic as Starting PG
Offer them Rose and either Deng or sign someone from free agency to vet minimum and trade them with Rose (to make the money work.) Start Tyus and use Smith Jr off the bench. Send Teague home until his ankle is 100 percent then use Smith Jr and Rose in the same lineup with Okogie, Saric/Gibson and Dieng.
So...trade Rose and other shit for DSJ, send Teague home, then go forward with a DSJ/Rose backcourt?

*scratches head*
I agree I messed up that post, I was also commenting on Canishoopus about a TJ Warren trade. If you make the TJ Warren trade then he plays with DSJ and Okogie. If you don't, then you use Teague or Tyus as a starter and play DSJ as a backup 2 at the same time as the other Teague or Tyus when Teague is healthy. I apologise for the confusion as I really did mess up the second half of my post.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I reported DSJ weeks ago. :mrgreen:

DSJ and Barnes for Okogie, Taj, Bayless . No chance they take on Wiggins contract.

They get out from under Barnes, get a ferocious defender for Carlisle and hand the team to Doncic.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Just curious, what would you give up for Mike Conley?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Is Ryan Saunders too "country club" to trade his friends who suck for the team? I'm a little worried about that.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 am Just curious, what would you give up for Mike Conley?
Nothing, older, always hurt. He's played 70+ 6 out of 12 seasons.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Faried has agreed to a buyout. I don't care if he doesn't play D. No one else does either. At least he can get a board. Get him and trade Taj.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Going to HOU
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

is it just me or does it seem like houston has like 36 roster spots?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Houston makes very good use of the G league and two-way deals while they use as many healthy max guys on the floor as they can at any given time. I think Chris Paul's contract is going to give them trouble when Harden starts to fall apart, but for right now they can let Harden score 70 a game.

I was hoping they'd come after Gorgalicious. Someone mentioned Knight and a pick.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

someone help me here. the rockets just traded melo plus cash considerations to the bulls for.....??!?!??! cbs, bleacher report, espn, usa today - none of them say what the bulls sent houston's way. is this normal or are these special nba rules for guys like melo? generally, we're always trying to match up money between players on trade machines so that... you know, it works out. i didn't know it was just possible to give players away! who can we give gorgui and teague to?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm someone help me here. the rockets just traded melo plus cash considerations to the bulls for.....??!?!??! cbs, bleacher report, espn, usa today - none of them say what the bulls sent houston's way. is this normal or are these special nba rules for guys like melo? generally, we're always trying to match up money between players on trade machines so that... you know, it works out. i didn't know it was just possible to give players away! who can we give gorgui and teague to?
Looks like it was just for cash? Never heard of this site, so who knows.

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/01 ... ree-agent/
Carmelo Anthony traded to Bulls for cash, to become free agent
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

when i first heard it i thought maybe robin lopez was heading to houston. i know the bulls are trying the market for him because he doesn't fit into their plans. and, after the recent loss to the nets, i can see why houston would want to shore up their 5 spot. capela was out - both hartenstein and nene didn't get many minutes - so the bulk of the PT went to gary clark, a tough guy sure - but still a smallish PF at 6-8 225. jarrett allen went off against him - 20 and 24 - and it had to be a little jarring to the rockets how thin they are in the post when capela is out. now apparently they've signed faried for that backup C spot - but he's small as well and no ace defender.

"may i introduce you to my friend gorgui?"
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Any interest in Wayne Ellington?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... -With-Heat
Untitled.png
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:57 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm someone help me here. the rockets just traded melo plus cash considerations to the bulls for.....??!?!??! cbs, bleacher report, espn, usa today - none of them say what the bulls sent houston's way. is this normal or are these special nba rules for guys like melo? generally, we're always trying to match up money between players on trade machines so that... you know, it works out. i didn't know it was just possible to give players away! who can we give gorgui and teague to?

the Bulls got cash, not Houston
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

exactly. so what went out of chicago? i thought there had to be an exchange of some kind.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm exactly. so what went out of chicago? i thought there had to be an exchange of some kind.
They had room under the cap and it was a minimum contract. You need to match (within 10 percent I believe,) only if there is no cap space.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 pm

The headline in that link said the Bulls gave Houston cash, but who knows.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

winforlose wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:07 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm exactly. so what went out of chicago? i thought there had to be an exchange of some kind.
They had room under the cap and it was a minimum contract. You need to match (within 10 percent I believe,) only if there is no cap space.
so... it's more like a team to team waiver and pickup.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Dan33185 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 am

Per Woj, the Bulls get Melo and cash, Houston gets a heavily protected 2nd rounder that they will never actually end up getting.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:51 am
Dan33185 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 am

Per Woj, the Bulls get Melo and cash, Houston gets a heavily protected 2nd rounder that they will never actually end up getting.
so, in other words, a private waiver/pickup between two teams.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

I love Tyus but here is what I want to do.

Minnesota in: Enes Kanter, Knicks 2nd
Knicks in: PHX 1st
Suns in: Gorgui Dieng, Tyus Jones
Corre Ricky Corre

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am I love Tyus but here is what I want to do.

And yes, I realize PHX most likely says no.
Corre Ricky Corre

Also, what about moving Tolliver to 76ers for their 1st rounder? They need shooting BADDDDD
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

guys like tolly, taj, maybe rose, even bayless should all be dangled for draft picks. once again, there are a few teams who have a ton of picks - or more than they're going to want to use. atlanta has five, boston and philly both have four - some of these will be bait to facilitate bigger name trades, but i can't imagine atlanta becoming a destination spot yet - and they can't possibly be using all five. even a team like brooklyn, who have two rather nicely placed late first/early second picks, could be a target in a bigger trade if they are looking to move up in the draft. i think our pick will likely be an 8 to 10 lotto, not a late lotto - so they'd have to include something else to make it attractive for us. our first and tolly to brooklyn for joe harris and their two picks?
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 am
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am I love Tyus but here is what I want to do.

And yes, I realize PHX most likely says no.
Yeah I think if it's a lottery protected first from Minnesota maybe everyone does it.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:54 am Also, what about moving Tolliver to 76ers for their 1st rounder? They need shooting BADDDDD
I just don't think you're getting a 1st for Toliver. Maybe a 2nd.

I'd rather move Taj and see if you can get a 1st
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

This was Matt Moore's idea (future protected first to Memphis).

Personally, I would do this. Anyone else?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:55 pm This was Matt Moore's idea (future protected first to Memphis).

Personally, I would do this. Anyone else?
I would yesterday.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Both Gasol and Conley available. Kat Gas frontline?

Just don't think Memphis has any interest at all in Wiggins. Not a good way to start a rebuild.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 pm Both Gasol and Conley available. Kat Gas frontline?

Just don't think Memphis has any interest at all in Wiggins. Not a good way to start a rebuild.
I think Tyus and a 1st are somewhat enticing. Maybe you think Wiggins has a 5% chance at becoming an all-star and he'll be a fat expiring by the time they are relevant again.