Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** The Official Podcast Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
memyworld

*** The Official Podcast Thread ***

Post by memyworld »

I don't think this made it over from the other boards.

To kick it off, here's 20 minutes of Stephon Marbury talking about his career with Chris Mannix (35:42):

The Vertical Podcast with Chris Mannix
Joining Chris Mannix on The Vertical this week is Jeff Goodman from ESPN and Stephon Marbury. Chris talks with Jeff about the latest in the NBA with Carmelo Anthony, OKC and the Cleveland Cavs. Chris is also joined by Stephon Marbury. The guys talk about Marbury's career in the NBA and how he built his brand in China.
dantheman12

Re: *** The Official Podcast Thread ***

Post by dantheman12 »

Zgoda and Michael Rand just started a new Wolves one today.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Vertical is good but they always talk about the Knicks smh.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

dantheman12 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm Zgoda and Michael Rand just started a new Wolves one today.
Interesting. I'm pretty sure we lost the Locked on Wolves podcast Alan Horton hosted last year.
T_J

Post by T_J »

There was a new Lowe Post yesterday with Kevin Arnovitz. They go through their top 5 most interesting or unsure how to predict teams.
Spoiler:
It's a pretty big tease at the end. Lowe had the Wolves in his 5, but they spend like a minute or less talking about them. Lowe mentions that he isn't as high on them as most and that it's probably a separate discussion for later.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I couldn't picture a podcast id listen to less than one with Zgoda. Especially for rubes on a message board that usually know more than casual fans. Key word being usually

Locked on Wolves was ok when Horton was doing it. Idk who the guys are now but they can't catch my attention for shit
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

FWIW in the Dunc'd on season preview of the wolves with AP guy Nate Duncan thinks we'll win 50 games

The basketball friends pod, which was once the basketball analogy, which once was Truehoop, David Thorpe sounded like he thought we could be in the 4-6 seed range

Both guys are very solid basketballs
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The woj pod with Jared Dudley was very good.

Ya should listen to it
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

memyworld wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:47 am
dantheman12 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm Zgoda and Michael Rand just started a new Wolves one today.
Interesting. I'm pretty sure we lost the Locked on Wolves podcast Alan Horton hosted last year.

It's hosted by two young guys now. It sucks
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm
Really? Maybe that's why I can't find it on Stitcher.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Lowe Post is good. I fell off of Woj old vertical one. Is his new one any good? Too many softball questions from Woj,Imo.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Pacman wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am FWIW in the Dunc'd on season preview of the wolves with AP guy Nate Duncan thinks we'll win 50 games

The basketball friends pod, which was once the basketball analogy, which once was Truehoop, David Thorpe sounded like he thought we could be in the 4-6 seed range

David Thorpe is great. I need to hit this one up.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
David Thorne

Post by David Thorne »

YBBR wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm
Pacman wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:36 am FWIW in the Dunc'd on season preview of the wolves with AP guy Nate Duncan thinks we'll win 50 games

David Thorne is great. I need to hit this one up.
Thank you! I am straight though.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

YBBR wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm

David Thorpe is great. I need to hit this one up.
Yeah Thorpe is the shit

They don't go into detail about us or anything. They literally talk about us for like 2-3 mins cuz Zach Harper was on it but I think Thorpe said he thinks we'll contend in that 4-6 range

On a side note they mention the Rubio, Martin, Brewer, Love, Pek squad and how they were shocked we didn't make the playoffs that year with our starting lineup. God damn that bench was TRASH
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

memyworld wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:01 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Really? Maybe that's why I can't find it on Stitcher.
21 year old kid from St. Cloud state and a guy from zone coverage. It's amateurish now
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Lowe Post: Aldridge Latest, Mande On Wolves, Unis | 1:22:58

After sharing his thoughts on the latest news involving LaMarcus Aldridge, Zach talks to comedian and NBA super-fan Joe Mande about his beloved Wolves, the best and worst new Nike jerseys, writing for "The Good Place," the art of stand-up, and more.

- Zach Lowe tells his David Kahn story.
T_J

Post by T_J »

memyworld wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 pm Lowe Post: Aldridge Latest, Mande On Wolves, Unis | 1:22:58

After sharing his thoughts on the latest news involving LaMarcus Aldridge, Zach talks to comedian and NBA super-fan Joe Mande about his beloved Wolves, the best and worst new Nike jerseys, writing for "The Good Place," the art of stand-up, and more.

- Zach Lowe tells his David Kahn story.
Can't wait to fire this up on the bus!

Thanks!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Nice. Can't wait to listen!
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

On the Truehoop/Hoop collective Amin predicted we'd finish last in our division. Said we could still be a playoff team but we'd have the worst record
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

This got buried instantly on the Jamal Crawford thread, so I thought I'd repost here for anyone who missed it last night:

Ep. 97: Jamal Crawford Ask Me Anything
"Jamal Crawford joins Tim Faklis, Dane Moore, David Naylor and Tom Schreier in studio for a wide-ranging discussion on his career, his life outside of basketball and what he thinks of the Timberwolves season so far."

He talks about Zach's Jimmy Kimmel prank, players he's played with/against, playing for Thibs, and why he thinks Wiggins doesn't have a ceiling.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Bledsoe and Bucks, Wolves, Listener questions
Jorge Sedano, Baxter Holmes and Nick Friedell break down LeBron's Instagram post (0:38), Bledsoe to the Bucks (2:45), the state of the Wolves (14:50) and what's left of the Bulls after Portis-Mirotic (22:20). Plus, Kevin Pelton, Kaileigh Brandt and Andrew Han answer listener questions (36:15).

Highlights:
  • 7-3 is smoke and mirrors
  • Concerned about the defense
  • Small sample size defensive statistics
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

memyworld wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 am This got buried instantly on the Jamal Crawford thread, so I thought I'd repost here for anyone who missed it last night:

Ep. 97: Jamal Crawford Ask Me Anything
"Jamal Crawford joins Tim Faklis, Dane Moore, David Naylor and Tom Schreier in studio for a wide-ranging discussion on his career, his life outside of basketball and what he thinks of the Timberwolves season so far."

He talks about Zach's Jimmy Kimmel prank, players he's played with/against, playing for Thibs, and why he thinks Wiggins doesn't have a ceiling.
Excellent share thanks brother

For wolves I listen to

You betcha
Zgoda and rand Ball
Raised by wolves 1500

Then there’s locked on wolves and wolves wired

For main basketball

In the zone
Woj podcast
Manix podcast
Dunc for hardcore analytics and talk
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

The Lowe Post: Jeff Van Gundy, ESPN/ABC
"Zach talks to Jeff Van Gundy about the Wolves defense, the Thunder's struggles, the Clippers collapse, and strange starts across the Western Conference."

They open on the Wolves and talk about the team for a good 15 minutes or so. They start with the defensive inconsistency and ruminate on the effectiveness of their offense. Van Gundy thinks as Teague goes, the Wolves will go. He's impressed by their starting lineup's willingness to sacrifice usage from the get-go.
T_J

Post by T_J »

A few other notes from the JVG pod:

1. Zach Lowe says Shabazz is killing our bench - no surprise, but thinks we are a solid wing short of being really good
2. Lowe and JVG said our offense is really good. Zach mentions our lack of spacing but we're making it work - he seemed surprised how effective we've been
3. Back to the defense and our bench specifically - JVG said our bench better score because they're mostly all bad defenders...Lowe mentions he was was higher on Bee-a-pizza's D than Jeff
4. Zach thinks we're a fun, interesting team. He didn't use the word "Lock", but basically said we're for sure a playoff team and he's interested to see how that will work when teams can punish us for our lack of shooting.

There's probably a few other points I can't remember. It was nice to have a segment on the Wolves though.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Scoop latest has good interview with Jamal Crawford

Says every player is adjusting to each other and Thibs.

Not use to Thibs low minute rotations. Just has to stay ready. Everyone’s numbers are down except Taj and Teague.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Karl-Anthony Towns on NBA Unicorns, Playing for Thibs, and Athletes Speaking Out
J.J. Redick sits down with Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns to discuss the innate drive to improve (1:44), the evolution of big men in the age of “unicorns” (9:45), playing under Tom Thibodeau (27:19), meticulous self-care routines for NBA players (35:49), and the role of athletes in social activism (47:19).
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thanks for the share. Will check that one out later tonight
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

FiveThirtyEight: Are The Timberwolves For Real?
"We're in The Lab this week to discuss Curry's return, Ball and the Lakers and the new and improved Timberwolves."

Starts around 14 minutes. I'm still listening, so I don't have notes. They talk for a long time. It's an analytics podcast, so if you want to dig in, you'll love it.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=10528553&src=desktop

Jim Pete on the Lowe Post released today.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

The Lowe Post: Monty McCutchen (3/5/18)
Zach talks to the NBA's Monty McCucthen about player-referee relations, crunch-time officiating, his biggest mistakes, flops, tricky rules, and more.