Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Next 4 Games Will Make or Break the Season!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Can the Season be Saved?

Yes, of course. There’s still 70 more games
36%
No, this team has no heart
64%

Total votes: 14

witljon

Re: Next 4 Games Will Make or Break the Season!

Post by witljon »

Hornets wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:22 pm
Bob Wiley wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:46 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:27 pm
This team isn't good.
Yet. The Wolves are a team on the verge of being good. They can play with anyone when they are all focused in. They could use another big obviously, but the word is “Yet”.
:lol: So gullible....RT is right
This gives me hope and confidence in our Wolves.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Looks like the 4 game home stretch was a success!!!

Wolves have saved the season
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Impressed with this one. How could you not be?

No let up against the Pelicans now. That should be a layup if they play with the energy they had tonight.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:58 pm Impressed with this one. How could you not be?

No let up against the Pelicans now. That should be a layup if they play with the energy they had tonight.
Yup with going 3-1, we went from top 3 worst to now in the playoffs!
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:58 pm Impressed with this one. How could you not be?

i don't think it'll be a cakewalk with the pels. if ingram has a great game, we could find ourselves in trouble - especially since JV has eaten well in both games against KAT earlier this year - averaged 21/20. i think he always poses problems for KAT because of his size and strength. and he's more skilled than you'd think. he's hit 18 of his last 30 attempts from three - kinda smoking. 55% from deep on the year, so it will be interesting to see if he ramps up that part of his game.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

If we actually pull to 50% in the next two and reclaim our season, I'll be incredibly impressed. We wouldn't ave done anything like that in decades.... or ever.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

You guys are all suckers. No way I am buying into shit with this team. I need to see more... Until then... We suck and the season is over
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
witljon

Post by witljon »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:52 am You guys are all suckers. No way I am buying into shit with this team. I need to see more... Until then... We suck and the season is over
Way too many games left in a long season
Only the losers give up on their team this early.
I see last nights win got us a 3rd “yes, the season can be saved”
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

witljon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:26 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:52 am You guys are all suckers. No way I am buying into shit with this team. I need to see more... Until then... We suck and the season is over
Only suckers think the season is saved after winning against three shitty teams.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
witljon

Post by witljon »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 am
witljon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:26 am
Only suckers think the season is saved after winning against three shitty teams.
We are currently the 10 seed and soon to be 6 seed! :naners:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Dude, we are Wolves fans, of course we bite on every little morsel of success.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Some people just want to say we suck so they can say they were right. We know we suck, but we also can be very good.
Enjoy what you can.

Plus it cracks me up people actually waste their time posting here to say we suck. Probably don't even watch the games. But we are losers. :shock:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Mplsfonz wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 pm Some people just want to say we suck so they can say they were right. We know we suck, but we also can be very good.
Enjoy what you can.

Plus it cracks me up people actually waste their time posting here to say we suck. Probably don't even watch the games. But we are losers. :shock:
i'd love it if we could be a competitive team no one wants to play. it's interesting that both Dlo and Vandy mentioned how rocking the Target Center was at both the Spurs and Grizzlies wins, how cool that was to experience as a player, and how they understood why it hasn't been like that. sort of a realization of how fun things could be if they just get their shit together on a regular basis.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Meh
Minnesota has played 11 home games - the most of any team in the NBA and only five on the road and have been the healthiest team in the NBA. This will even out throughout the course of the season. I still see a 35 win club.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I will donate my left nut if it guarantees a win tonight.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

thinktank wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:31 am I will donate my left nut if it guarantees a win tonight.
A 4 game winning streak would be really nice but it might be a bit early in the season to start betting off nuts. Save something for the playoffs.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thinktank wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:31 am I will donate my left nut if it guarantees a win tonight.
is this an empty promise? a left nut seems like something that might have already been wagered off years ago.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

We need to get desperate now to be good later.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Trap game.

Only reason we beat the Grizz, that Brooks dude was out. He usually goes for 50 against us.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:36 am Trap game.

Only reason we beat the Grizz, that Brooks dude was out. He usually goes for 50 against us.
i know you're joking - but do think people overremember what brooks does against us. he had three games against us last year and scored a total of 37 points. his high was 16. desmond bane has more than adequately filled in for him - 17 ppg in two meetings this year. i think we can always have a good chance of stomping the grizz if we can hold ja to 11 points on 3 for 9.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Honestly I casted aside most of last season, so my memories of Brooks go back to the prior year when was torching us for, like, 70% from deep.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:36 am Trap game.

i know you're joking - but do think people overremember what brooks does against us. he had three games against us last year and scored a total of 37 points. his high was 16. desmond bane has more than adequately filled in for him - 17 ppg in two meetings this year. i think we can always have a good chance of stomping the grizz if we can hold ja to 11 points on 3 for 9.
I might be thinking of the year before. :thinking:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

you guys DO have good memories. two years back, brooks played against us in three games. averaged 28.3 ppg on 54% from the field - including 69% from three. yikes. who would have been guarding him back then? andrew?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

People think I'm crazy!
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Four game win streak. I can’t even guess as to what the last time this happened. I’ll just enjoy it!

This version of the Wolves s playing some D. I love it!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

We are the Timberwolves. Get a hold of yourselves and realize this is false hope. We will revert to the norm.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 pm Four game win streak. I can’t even guess as to what the last time this happened. I’ll just enjoy it!

This version of the Wolves s playing some D. I love it!
2017-18, but before that was like 2010 or something.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

So we've played pretty competitively all year....for the most part. Even the games we did lose, they wern't soul erasing losses by 50 or some shit. We came out well, got kicked in the mouth, but the last five games we've played really well. We beat teams we should beat because, on paper, we're better. The Suns are a very good team, and they barely beat us. So yes, we are Wolves fans....we know that impending doom is always around the corner....but I said the same thing in the offseason, on paper, we're a better team than we've ever had. I firmly believed that, and that still hasn't left. Dlo is streaky, Ant is still young....but KAT is a sure thing, we have a good bench...our role players are simply better than we've had before. We are still a tad young and we are missing a big, theoretically, but we're playing like a 500 team or better because on paper, we are. Health has been good to us thus far, and in order to get any cohesion, that must continue....if it does, I think we see the playoffs this season. Of course, all it takes is a KAT wrist or Dlo knee for extended time to throw that out the door, but that's like a lot of teams. We're not a great team by any stretch, but we're a good young team, and it looks like our kids are starting to figure it out.

Rosas did set the table well before our exit. Finch is a better NBA coach than Saunders, and he did get all the right pieces in my mind to make us finally competitive. We could use another move, surely....but ultimately, it's on our coaching staff, and specifically, the players to finally stamp our names in the NBA real deal league. KAT and Dlo have to be big time....I believe in Ant, I think Bevs is the perfect straw to stir the drink, but our two max cats have to put in the work and stay on the court. The other guys will play their role and execute accordingly.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

He's lost all of his goodwill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vandy sucks. WOrst hands ever!!!

Trade McDaniels!!!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 am Can the wolves survive themselves?

I don't think I've ever seen a team that gets more full of themselves over the smallest, most meaningless amounts of success. I know I'm not the first person to observe this, but I think it's true. They won two games in a row over not great teams. Big fucking deal. They're 6-9. Be a serious team and beat the Grizzlies. They're better than us, but not by a lot and if we want to take that step, we have to beat teams like them. Then take care of business against a ratty Pelicans team. Do that and you're STILL a game below .500 going in to tougher games against the Heat, Hornets, and 6ers. Go 2-1 against them and then you're 10-10 and we can start to talk about maybe starting to build something successful here.

The fear is obviously that we're going to come out like we're the '93 Bulls just trying to make sure we get a halfway decent playoff seed for another title run. Hopefully, we don't, but that's the pattern.

We won two games against bad teams. Will that go to our heads?

I did not anticipate when I made this post that we would take care of all that business so efficiently. Kudos to them. They can crow a little right now. Not a lot, but a little.

Wo Gulves!
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung