Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zach is BACK!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: Zach is BACK!

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Well my friends, you all got to witness a real baller tonight. Who's with me?
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Wow, even without Dunn Zach smashed us. Butler couldn't make it happen in the clutch like Lavine did. But we won the trade bigtime because homers from MN say so.
Donovan McNabb

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 pm Well my friends, you all got to witness a real baller tonight. Who's with me?
with you 100%. Fire Thibs.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Ouch. This game is double hurt. The game loss, then the reminder that a lane slashing, high flying, 3 point making, clutch crunch time player was traded away.

Lavine looks like he is still on the path to stardom, and he will be one of those stars that would fit on any team because of his ability to run the floor, play off the ball, and hit 3's. Outside of the defense, he is what an ideal NBA player is in today's game.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 pm Ouch. This game is double hurt. The game loss, then the reminder that a lane slashing, high flying, 3 point making, clutch crunch time player was traded away.

Lavine looks like he is still on the path to stardom, and he will be one of those stars that would fit on any team because of his ability to run the floor, play off the ball, and hit 3's. Outside of the defense, he is what an ideal NBA player is in today's game.
Thibbs wouldn’t have known how to utilize LaVine anyway. The idea of moving people around on Offense is just taboo.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 pm Ouch. This game is double hurt. The game loss, then the reminder that a lane slashing, high flying, 3 point making, clutch crunch time player was traded away.

Thibbs wouldn’t have known how to utilize LaVine anyway. The idea of moving people around on Offense is just taboo.
Did you even watch last year?

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

One thing I just noticed which is kinda funny. Zach has more RPG (4.5) in 24.7 mpg then Wiggins does (4.2) in 36.1 mpg. He also has more apg and is tied in spg. Finally he trails Wiggins in ppg by only 0.6 despite playing 11.4 less minutes AND he's more efficient - 17.3 points on 14.6 shots (1.18 pps) vs 17.9 points on 15.9 shots (1.13 pps)

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am

Did you even watch last year?
I watched last year and the discussion - including an interview with Thibbs at one point during the season showed his ideal plan was to move LaVine to the bench.

It was at that point I knew Thibbs was a clueless POS, or that it was likely Thibbs was going to trade him and then LaVine got hurt.

Thibbs sucks as a coach!!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Zach sure looked go last night. I will still hold out on judgement. Wiggins has still had a superior career so far. I'll give it all of next year before I make a judgement on this move.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Donovan McNabb

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:21 pm Zach sure looked go last night. I will still hold out on judgement. Wiggins has still had a superior career so far. I'll give it all of next year before I make a judgement on this move.
agreed 100%. Let's not jump to conclusions, guys. Lavine had 1 good game against us. Wiggins has had some monster games.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

omg just watched the highlights all jammed together. It's even more insane to see this way. This was one game.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Commentator: Call me crazy but does that look like a young Kobe?

I hope he stays healthy and just keeps getting better. At least we got to see where he started.

youtube fanatics comments
Nikola Jakovljevic
11 hours ago
Zach Lavine 13th pick, Devin Booker 13th pick, Donovan Mitchell 13 pick

jmad8237
9 hours ago
Kobe

Chenney
8 hours ago
damn never realized that. It's a sign

Twan2643
1 hour ago
Wow!!

This looked a lot like Wiggins going off on Cleveland early on. I think Zach wanted to prove some things to the team and fans here even if he has some friends on this team. Trouble is Zach could do this any game too. Which one does end up a regular big show is going to decide whether it's thrown back in our faces or not. Maybe they both will. For now, Jimmy is good enough for me. But we need some players around him to man up and show this kind of heart in more games. Zach was the leader of the bunch when he was here, maybe not enough paid attention to that.
Last edited by brison on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Selleck is a twat
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

Jimmys got to be pissed.
Tom Selleck is a twat
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

brison wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 pm omg just watched the highlights all jammed together. It's even more insane to see this way. This was one game.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Commentator: Call me crazy but does that look like a young Kobe?

I hope he stays healthy and just keeps getting better. At least we got to see where he started.

youtube fanatics comments
Nikola Jakovljevic
11 hours ago
Zach Lavine 13th pick, Devin Booker 13th pick, Donovan Mitchell 13 pick

jmad8237
9 hours ago
Kobe

Chenney
8 hours ago
damn never realized that. It's a sign

Twan2643
1 hour ago
Wow!!

This looked a lot like Wiggins going off on Cleveland early on. I think Zach wanted to prove some things to the team and fans here even if he has some friends on this team. Trouble is Zach could do this any game too. Which one does end up a regular big show is going to decide whether it's thrown back in our faces or not. Maybe they both will. For now, Jimmy is good enough for me. But we need some players around him to man up and show this kind of heart in more games. Zach was the leader of the bunch when he was here, maybe not enough paid attention to that.
He plays the game how it's supposed to be played. He's not just a player, he's a gamer.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 am
YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am Everybody here likes Zach LaVine. Let's not turn this into a Jimmy VS Zach Thread. YOU MUST CHOOSE!

We wish Zach the best. He's an easy cat to root for. And he's going to be a good player in this league for hopefully a long time.
Decker and whoever agrees with him, turned it into Wiggins versus LaVine/Dunn.
I didn't turn it into that. The Timberwolves did. I didn't trade away Zach and Kris and sign Andrew to a max deal. If everyone hasn't agreed with me yet, they will soon.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:10 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 am
YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am Everybody here likes Zach LaVine. Let's not turn this into a Jimmy VS Zach Thread. YOU MUST CHOOSE!

We wish Zach the best. He's an easy cat to root for. And he's going to be a good player in this league for hopefully a long time.
Decker and whoever agrees with him, turned it into Wiggins versus LaVine/Dunn.
I didn't turn it into that. The Timberwolves did. I didn't trade away Zach and Kris and sign Andrew to a max deal. If everyone hasn't agreed with me yet, they will soon.
I'll never agree with you on anything.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am One thing I just noticed which is kinda funny. Zach has more RPG (4.5) in 24.7 mpg then Wiggins does (4.2) in 36.1 mpg. He also has more apg and is tied in spg. Finally he trails Wiggins in ppg by only 0.6 despite playing 11.4 less minutes AND he's more efficient - 17.3 points on 14.6 shots (1.18 pps) vs 17.9 points on 15.9 shots (1.13 pps)
Here's the comparison per 100 possessions (to equal the playing field):

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

LaVine was the solution to and cause of the Bulls problems last night.

Go ahead three and then pissed the game away.

23 points and a -17, second worst on team.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

thinktank wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:40 am LaVine was the solution to and cause of the Bulls problems last night.

Still better than Andrew. Deal with it. Zach is the real deal.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:34 am
thinktank wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:40 am LaVine was the solution to and cause of the Bulls problems last night.

You are insufferable.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am

You are insufferable.
I like you bro

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am

You are insufferable.
There's momentum building toward a Decker ban.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
ESAD

Post by ESAD »

Usually hindsight takes years to uncover. Waking up with shit in the bedsheets is undeniable
January 9th, 1989. The day the hand got hot
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I'd love to see the splits on Zach's numbers when Drew was on him versus when other Wolves were on him. I thought Wiggins locked LaVine up pretty good. When Wig was out, Zach went inside and was productive. He didn't do nearly as much when Wiggins was in. That's my eye test anyway. Love to see the real numbers.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:35 pm I'd love to see the splits on Zach's numbers when Drew was on him versus when other Wolves were on him. I thought Wiggins locked LaVine up pretty good. When Wig was out, Zach went inside and was productive. He didn't do nearly as much when Wiggins was in. That's my eye test anyway. Love to see the real numbers.
He hit 0 shots outside the paint. Wiggins was all over him.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Bump.

39 points leading the Bulls to a victory over Jimmy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071643

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 pm Bump.

I dropped $1K on Bovada for Philly to beat CHI straight up tonight. :brick:

At least it wasnt from my own bank roll, but fuck, I coulda cashed that out, or at least used it on better bets. The two main sites I get my betting info from were cautious about this game. They both had Philly winning, but not covering. Should have been a big red flag.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:13 pm

I dropped $1K on Bovada for Philly to beat CHI straight up tonight. :brick:

At least it wasnt from my own bank roll, but fuck, I coulda cashed that out, or at least used it on better bets. The two main sites I get my betting info from were cautious about this game. They both had Philly winning, but not covering. Should have been a big red flag.
:oops:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Was Butler guarding him? Butler was the guy guarding him in the fourth quarter last year and got torched. LaVine dominating and Thibs/Butler playing Jimmy iso ball. One of the worst memories as a Timberwolves fan.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 am

Was Butler guarding him? Butler was the guy guarding him in the fourth quarter last year and got torched. LaVine dominating and Thibs/Butler playing Jimmy iso ball. One of the worst memories as a Timberwolves fan.
highlights looked like basically every sixer took a turn guarding him, butler, harris, mcconnell, reddick. butler and mike scott were on him/robin lopez on the final play and both sixers followed robin lopez on the pass to leave Zach wide open for a layup lol.