Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zach is BACK!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: Zach is BACK!

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 am Zach has a bad night after not playing for a year? WTF is wrong with him? Loser.
Ugh, he screwed me in DraftKings... :punch:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Stork311 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 am
Moses, an ok Froob,, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 am Zach has a bad night after not playing for a year? WTF is wrong with him? Loser.
more importantly...he will never have another bad game again, right?
Every game Zach has is bad, he's just lucky to shoot 45/39 over the course of a season.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am One reason I was OK moving Zach.. what did you pay him for his next contract? LaVine/Wiggins/Towns hadn't accomplished anything together and they were all due for new contracts. Was LaVine going to be ok with the other two getting maxes? Or are we just debating now who the wolves should have traded/kept?
What's funny is not one rube pounded the table to trade Lavine instead of Wiggins for Jimmy. This is 100% hindsight.

Rubes def knew Lavine was a better fit with Jimmy because of his shooting/how well he plays off the ball. But nobody slammed the table for Wiggins instead of Lavine besides Zeitgeist that I remember
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Pacman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am One reason I was OK moving Zach.. what did you pay him for his next contract? LaVine/Wiggins/Towns hadn't accomplished anything together and they were all due for new contracts. Was LaVine going to be ok with the other two getting maxes? Or are we just debating now who the wolves should have traded/kept?
What's funny is not one rube pounded the table to trade Lavine instead of Wiggins for Jimmy. This is 100% hindsight.

Rubes def knew Lavine was a better fit with Jimmy because of his shooting/how well he plays off the ball. But nobody slammed the table for Wiggins instead of Lavine besides Zeitgeist that I remember

Yeah, I don't remember Zeit's exact take but I'm assuming he prefers LaVine over Wiggins but said oh well, we got Butler (like most sane people would do). Decker and Northstar87 have always been the biggest anti-Wiggins guys from my memory... Zeit's concerns are real, thought out... Decker goes radio silent when Wiggins is playing well and rips him to shreds when it's not going well... and Wiggins has had plenty of lows this year after signing the big extension, which raises the expectations for someone like myself who has always backed him. Time to step it up (he has as of late).
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Yeah, I don't remember Zeit's exact take but I'm assuming he prefers LaVine over Wiggins but said oh well, we got Butler (like most sane people would do). Decker and Northstar87 have always been the biggest anti-Wiggins guys from my memory... Zeit's concerns are real, thought out... Decker goes radio silent when Wiggins is playing well and rips him to shreds when it's not going well... and Wiggins has had plenty of lows this year after signing the big extension, which raises the expectations for someone like myself who has always backed him. Time to step it up (he has as of late).
Funny, Joda must still be on vacation in Mexico because that was the last excuse as to why he wasn't posting during the winning streak. Must have been down there for over a month now. :lol:
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

I wanted to trade Wiggins instead of Zach but agree like most sane rubes we still got Jimmy Butler so I moved on.

Zach's spacing and smooth stroke was a better fit and Butler can guard nearly any position so that didn't matter as much. That said not going to cry about it I've already decided Jimmy Buckets my favorite wolf ever (sorry KG).
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I stand corrected then. I do remember both jooboo and you being more pro Lavine than Wiggins on the old dawn I just didn't remember those specific posts (HHM - Northstar/decker bits don't count)

I know I preferred the trade that went down. I'm still more optimistic about Wiggins being better so I think it'll be justifiable.

In hindsight idk if I'd reverse it yet but looking at it now makes me think that fit should've been considered a lot more. Still think it's tbd but it's not close to as one sided as I considered it at the time

And is Meatsauce and Fallen for real the reason rubechat shut down? Cuz rubes were posting about it and it pissed them off? Never got the answer to it
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:31 am LOL This is why you will always be a clown. You can look at any player in history and find a bad game. Talking about a 2-12 game, Wiggins has had loads of games like that this season yet you'll always be stanning for him and your favorite junk yard dog, Bazz Muhammad.
This has been Zach’s whole career. His jumper is silky but when he’s not hitting it, what else can he do?

When Wiggins can’t hit a shot, at least he can get to the line and defend a bit.

Zach got benched twice last year vs the nuggets and magic because he was getting lit up on defense. His defense will always be an issue.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Yep, I acknowledged the risk of sticking with Zach instead of Wiggins because of the injury but I thought Zach fit a lot better with Butler and would have preferred to keep Zach but I have always been more than thrilled to have Butler because he's obviously a huge upgrade.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs and butler back court has been great because both guys can defend as neither have a weakeness on defense.

Put your stronger defender on one; the other will abuse the smaller guy.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thibs must have saw something in Zach cause he played him 41 minutes a game for the first half of the season.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Funny, Joda must still be on vacation in Mexico because that was the last excuse as to why he wasn't posting during the winning streak. Must have been down there for over a month now. :lol:
He'll be hitting refresh every minUte during the game tonight for sure and show up if we lose
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm Wigs and butler back court has been great because both guys can defend as neither have a weakeness on defense.

"Wiggins doesn't have a weakness on defense"

Preposterous statement of the year nominee

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Butler has been amazing. He is young and has an "old-man" game. If we can keep him here, we will be very good for awhile.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

People have bad shooting nights. No biggie.

With Zach I’m more concerned about the lone FT.

If you’re shooting is off, get to the rack.

He seems to shy away from contact.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:36 pm
Moses, an ok Froob,, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm

He'll be hitting refresh every minUte during the game tonight for sure and show up if we lose
I’m back wish I could stay away from work that long. I missed the last game where it sounded like they were flat in Orlando. Posted about the Belly vs Afflalo altercation because it was the only highlight they had on ESPN. Glad I missed that game.

Hope to watch tonight and hope the Wolves show up for this one....want the Wolves to destroy the Rockets.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:13 pm People have bad shooting nights. No biggie.

With Zach I’m more concerned about the lone FT.

If you’re shooting is off, get to the rack.

He seems to shy away from contact.
That'll come, I think he is being overly cautious. It isn't easy coming back from injury that keeps you out for so long. Some of his drives when he was here were a thing of beauty.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm Wigs and butler back court has been great because both guys can defend as neither have a weakeness on defense.

His on ball defense is fine. It’s the off ball stuff, being aware of passing lanes, other teammates guys cutting to the hoop behind him.

The real question is, have you ever seen Thibs bench Wiggins because he was getting abused on defense like Zach was last year twice.

Learn the game noob.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:48 pm

His on ball defense is fine. It’s the off ball stuff, being aware of passing lanes, other teammates guys cutting to the hoop behind him.

The real question is, have you ever seen Thibs bench Wiggins because he was getting abused on defense like Zach was last year twice.

Learn the game noob.
So he does have weaknesses on defense?

You are contradicting yourself.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Learn the game noob.

Learn to make a coherent argument noob.

Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Learn the game noob.

Learn to make a coherent argument noob.
Unfadeable is incapable of doing that FBC. His man-love for Wiggins is off the chart. Watching Andy struggle so much this year must be killing him.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

It sucks how Decker23 is so rright all the time. He is so right... I'm sooo upsetttt.....

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Lol. Lavine is a 6th man.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

What’s the congrats for?

LaVine having his worst shooting year ever so far. It’s early but the congrats sure look unwarranted.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 am What’s the congrats for?

LaVine having his worst shooting year ever so far. It’s early but the congrats sure look unwarranted.
People always using their own agendas..... "I hate Wiggins so I am going to go nutty about LaVine and Dunn every chance I get"

"The trade will be a loss because Butler might not be here that long"
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:58 am
thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 am What’s the congrats for?

People always using their own agendas..... "I hate Wiggins so I am going to go nutty about LaVine and Dunn every chance I get"

"The trade will be a loss because Butler might not be here that long"
Totally. We could make a list of posters that overreact or distract, depending on the subject.

Obviously, the list-making died with the old board (thank God).
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Everybody here likes Zach LaVine. Let's not turn this into a Jimmy VS Zach Thread. YOU MUST CHOOSE!

We wish Zach the best. He's an easy cat to root for. And he's going to be a good player in this league for hopefully a long time.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am Everybody here likes Zach LaVine. Let's not turn this into a Jimmy VS Zach Thread. YOU MUST CHOOSE!

We wish Zach the best. He's an easy cat to root for. And he's going to be a good player in this league for hopefully a long time.
Decker and whoever agrees with him, turned it into Wiggins versus LaVine/Dunn.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

We will have lost the trade if Jimmy leaves. That definitely is the only measure or way we lose it. I don't know how it's a success if he bolts after two years

Deckerbot thinks he was the first person to think of this :lol: