Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zach is BACK!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
digitalwolf

Re: Zach is BACK!

Post by digitalwolf »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:24 am Wiggins is a significantly better defender than LaVine. I watched that game yesterday and Zach looked the same. Not much D. Still doesn’t look like he can generate FTs.

Markannen could be the best part of the deal.
I was a Lauri or DSjr guy, but I never thought Lauri would look so solid being as young as he is. He def has a lot of potential to push Zach on who might end up the best piece later in their careers.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:24 am Wiggins is a significantly better defender than LaVine. I watched that game yesterday and Zach looked the same. Not much D. Still doesn’t look like he can generate FTs.

I mean, Wiggins doesn't generate free throws anymore either.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

What DO you mean? I mean, I know you have a Wiggins agenda, but where do I begin when address your comment?

1. Wiggins is still generating 4.4 FTAs/game. That’s decent.

2. Wiggins is no longer the alpha scorer. Butler is. Wiggins’ usage is 23.5%. That’s down 25% YOY.

3. Wiggins has proven he can get to the line. LaVine’s best FTA/game is 3.0. He had a 28% usage last year and still only earned 2.5 FTA/ game or so.

Class dismissed.

;)
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

I have a truth agenda, you have a manipulate numbers and distort truth in an infinite time loop of goal post movement agenda.

Learn to use free throw rate kid. Free Throw Rate (FTr): Number of FT Attempts per FG attempt

Wiggins
2014-2015: .410 FTr
2015-2016: .437 FTr
2016-2017: .345 FTr
2017-2018: .279 FTr

His free throw rate has dropped the past two seasons and this season it's way too low given how poorly he is as a shooter.

LaVine had a 21.7 USG% rate last year, how in the hell did you get 28% usage? LOL Stop distorting truths and manipulating numbers.

LaVine has a career .222 FTr btw which is lower than average but it's not that far off from Wiggins, not to mention when Wiggins get to the line he's bricking them anyway.

LaVine smokes Wiggins in efficiency, it's not remotely close. He's also a much better passer. Defensively, sure Wiggins has the advantage but he should be he's a lot bigger than Zach is and he's worked his way to maybe being average this year with Butler picking up a lot of his slack.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Zach will be a top 10 scorer if he's healthy, no doubt about it. If he was even an average defender, you keep him 10 out of 10 times. But he was hurt and was terrible on D and you could get Butler, no brainer.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Zach cold also easily become a very efficient 25 ppg scorer.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I hold Wiggins in a way higher regard than Lavine. I don't think there's a shot in hell Lavine EVER becomes the defender Wiggins will

But I also don't think Wiggins will ever be as good as a shooter (or at least consistent) as Lavine either. Lavine's shot is so smooooooth
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Right - Zach can score!

But so did Love and a million other guys who could fill it up on lame teams. If he showed any sign of being able to play great D anytime soon, things might have gone differently.... but I'm glad it didnt considering where the Wolves are today.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

zeitgeist wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 amLaVine had a 21.7 USG% rate last year, how in the hell did you get 28% usage? LOL Stop distorting truths and manipulating numbers.
My mistake. I was looking at this year.

Last year he was 21.7% usage and earned 3.0 FTAs/game.

I made my points.

LaVine does not draw fouls as well as Wiggins has proven he can.

LaVine does not attack the rim as well as Wiggins has proven he can.

(LaVine does not defend as well as Wiggins has proven he can either.)
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

minnemike wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Right - Zach can score!

But so did Love and a million other guys who could fill it up on lame teams. If he showed any sign of being able to play great D anytime soon, things might have gone differently.... but I'm glad it didnt considering where the Wolves are today.
Zach is different though. He has the potential of being an alpha scorer on a great team. His quick release and ability to shoot and make incredibly difficult shots from anywhere, his lighting quick first step, etc are incredible.

I think a good way of putting it is that Wiggins' ceiling is higher then Lavine's but Lavine is a better player right now. Lavine is no question a worst defender but Wiggins still isn't a good one either (he's been getting better and been consistent lately, but still not that good. if he can keep it up for the year I'll come around) but the difference on offense is astronomical. The difference between Zach's offensive game and Wiggins is much greater then the gap between Wiggins' defense and Lavine.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm
zeitgeist wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 amLaVine had a 21.7 USG% rate last year, how in the hell did you get 28% usage? LOL Stop distorting truths and manipulating numbers.
My mistake. I was looking at this year.

Last year he was 21.7% usage and earned 3.0 FTAs/game.

I made my points.

LaVine does not draw fouls as well as Wiggins has proven he can.

LaVine does not attack the rim as well as Wiggins has proven he can.

(LaVine does not defend as well as Wiggins has proven he can either.)
I mean, this is kinda comparing apples to oranges. Wiggins bread and butter was driving to the rim while Lavine's was shooting.

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

That’s what I was thinking but Zeitgeist begs to differ.

Shocking, I know.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:24 am Zach looked the same. Still doesn’t look like he can generate FTs.

Zach doesn't generate free throws, neither does Wiggins.

Wiggins bread and butter is long 2 pointers.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Wrong.

Wiggins generates more free throws than LaVine.

You said so yourself.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 pm
minnemike wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Right - Zach can score!

Zach is different though. He has the potential of being an alpha scorer on a great team. His quick release and ability to shoot and make incredibly difficult shots from anywhere, his lighting quick first step, etc are incredible.

I think a good way of putting it is that Wiggins' ceiling is higher then Lavine's but Lavine is a better player right now. Lavine is no question a worst defender but Wiggins still isn't a good one either (he's been getting better and been consistent lately, but still not that good. if he can keep it up for the year I'll come around) but the difference on offense is astronomical. The difference between Zach's offensive game and Wiggins is much greater then the gap between Wiggins' defense and Lavine.
I think ur right when Zach is "on". But we all well know that jumper is streaky as hell and he hasn't developed his game going to the hole as well as Wigs... Which is weird for a slam dunk champ! Wigs is obviously better but the main worry is that desire and motor. Zach has him in that area.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Floor spacing would look nicer with Zach.

Ideally we would have gotten JJ Reddick once Zach was traded.

NY may be having a fire sale, go get Courtney Lee.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 pm Floor spacing would look nicer with Zach.

Not a bad idea if you can get him for cheap.

Hernangomez/Lee for Aldrich/Bazz ?

I know that contract won't look great on the books the next two years but he would help some of the shooting woes.. and I'm OK if Crawford wasn't around next year, meaning Lee is the main wing backup.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Moses, an ok Froob,, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 pm Floor spacing would look nicer with Zach.

Not a bad idea if you can get him for cheap.

Hernangomez/Lee for Aldrich/Bazz ?

I know that contract won't look great on the books the next two years but he would help some of the shooting woes.. and I'm OK if Crawford wasn't around next year, meaning Lee is the main wing backup.
I'd just do Bazz/Aldrich for Lee. Works assuming Bazz agrees to the trade. But that 11 million for 2 more per year is scary.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:58 pm Is it bad I kind of want Vince Carter after hearing the kings are going to be sitting their vets?

I know hes over the hill, but I think he could probably gives us 5-10 minutes at the wing.
I'd take him. Rather have Bellinelli if possible but Vince would be cool. Essentially any player who doesn't hurt their team is a better player than Shabazz
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Zach LOLvine is jr Smith 2.0

Way too hot and cold as a shooter.

2-12 from the field 0-5 from 3

When he’s hot he can drop 30 all night. When he sucks he will shoot 2-15 and get killed on defense.

Klay just abused him all night.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

LOL This is why you will always be a clown. You can look at any player in history and find a bad game. Talking about a 2-12 game, Wiggins has had loads of games like that this season yet you'll always be stanning for him and your favorite junk yard dog, Bazz Muhammad.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:31 am LOL This is why you will always be a clown. You can look at any player in history and find a bad game. Talking about a 2-12 game, Wiggins has had loads of games like that this season yet you'll always be stanning for him and your favorite junk yard dog, Bazz Muhammad.
Some may say your disdain for Wiggins doesn't allow you to see progress that has been made recently. Why is it OK to give Lavine a free pass on abuse yesterday, and Wiggins gets no credit when he plays outside of your bias? Lavine's history is not, if at all, more impressive than Wiggins AND he has a bum knee. Just typin....
T_J

Post by T_J »

zeitgeist wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:31 am LOL This is why you will always be a clown. You can look at any player in history and find a bad game. Talking about a 2-12 game, Wiggins has had loads of games like that this season yet you'll always be stanning for him and your favorite junk yard dog, Bazz Muhammad.
You literally do the same thing.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Stork311 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 am
Some may say your disdain for Wiggins doesn't allow you to see progress that has been made recently. Why is it OK to give Lavine a free pass on abuse yesterday, and Wiggins gets no credit when he plays outside of your bias? Lavine's history is not, if at all, more impressive than Wiggins AND he has a bum knee. Just typin....
It's really quite simple, LaVine, like every other player I look at gets a free pass for one game or a few games if those games are a clear outlier for how they play on average. That was the case with LaVine yesterday, and that is the case with Wiggins right now. My disdain for Wiggins is rooted in the fact that he's been a poor man's Rudy Gay for over 10,000 minutes played and he's now guaranteed $150 million dollars. He has a Bugatti Veyron basketball frame that he gutted out and put in a Ford Pinto motor. My disdain will cease when he has clearly illustrated that he is capable of SUSTAINING good production on average.
T_J wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 am
You literally do the same thing.
False. Read my post above really slowly until you get it because I'm tired explaining this shit to you.
T_J

Post by T_J »

:lol:

Oh ok then.

Christ.

:roll:
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:16 am Zach LOLvine is jr Smith 2.0

Way too hot and cold as a shooter.

2-12 from the field 0-5 from 3

When he’s hot he can drop 30 all night. When he sucks he will shoot 2-15 and get killed on defense.

Klay just abused him all night.
There are plenty of ways to rip on Lavine's defense. It's not hard.

But doing it after he hasn't played live hoops for awhile and against the best team isn't a gotcha. He can be a streaky offensive guy even when he's been healthy but cmon bruh
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

One reason I was OK moving Zach.. what did you pay him for his next contract? LaVine/Wiggins/Towns hadn't accomplished anything together and they were all due for new contracts. Was LaVine going to be ok with the other two getting maxes? Or are we just debating now who the wolves should have traded/kept?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am One reason I was OK moving Zach.. what did you pay him for his next contract? LaVine/Wiggins/Towns hadn't accomplished anything together and they were all due for new contracts. Was LaVine going to be ok with the other two getting maxes? Or are we just debating now who the wolves should have traded/kept?
I remember about a year ago Windhorst and crew talking about that exact thing. I think they were actually talking about a Jimmy trade and how it would make sense to trade one of Zach or Wigg due to how the contracts would set up better.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Zach has a bad night after not playing for a year? WTF is wrong with him? Loser.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 am Zach has a bad night after not playing for a year? WTF is wrong with him? Loser.
more importantly...he will never have another bad game again, right?