Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zach is BACK!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Zach is BACK!

Post by Decker23 »

He's back! Go Zach!
Last edited by Decker23 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
flexbuffchest

Re: LaVine is BACK!

Post by flexbuffchest »

Great to see
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I read he was ready two months ago...
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

“I’m happy for him,’’ Towns said. “He’s been working tremendously hard to get back on the court, and anyone who knows Zach knows he’s a hard worker. He itches to play the game of basketball every day.’’

“I know he’s going to kill it,’’ Wiggins said of LaVine. “We still talk all the time. He’s excited. He’s been ready to come back for a long time. He worked so hard to get to this point. I think he’ll go out and kill it.’’

20 minute limit restriction is what people are saying he's on in the early going here.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

Be nice to see how springy he still is. Head still get up above the hoop? He might get more chances to be that kind of player there right now than he did here.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Anxious to see what his numbers will look like once he's fully healthy and knocked the rust off. Probably won't see that Lavine till next year

He was a legit, efficient, 20+ppg guy. Seems like he'd be a fun league pass guy next year
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Pacman wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 pm Anxious to see what his numbers will look like once he's fully healthy and knocked the rust off. Probably won't see that Lavine till next year

He was a legit, efficient, 20+ppg guy. Seems like he'd be a fun league pass guy next year
Would hate to have to max him next year without seeing much.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

That's not a catch
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

~6 minutes

:D

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Pacman wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 pm Anxious to see what his numbers will look like once he's fully healthy and knocked the rust off. Probably won't see that Lavine till next year

As a 3rd option.

I have no doubt he could relatively easily be a 25+ ppg on good efficiency. He wont get the chance to chuck as much as he wants though, Mark and Dunn will command a lot of shots as well.

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Zach can score. But can he defend? Hasn't shown much to this point.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Lavine in 4 minutes

5 points

2/2 (1/1 on 3's)

and 1 assist

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:28 pm First shot he nails a 3
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/952347984825602054
Love it!

Man, I didn't realise I would love LaVine more than Rubio after both were traded. I guess I was at the end of my tether with Rubio. :/
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Nice game for Zach. Glad he's back and ha a good game right away.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

How cool would it be if he just didn’t resign with the Bulls and chose willingly to come back here? No idea if we could afford him, but it’d be hilarious.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Fun to see him back. He looked like his old self too, in the highlights I watched anyway he didn't seem rusty at all.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm Nice game for Zach. Glad he's back and ha a good game right away.
He'll be an all-star someday. So will Dunn. Andrew will never be.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
brison

Post by brison »

Looked good in a first return in highlights. Shot was smooth. I saw rust around the basket. Timing. To be expected. But do you think he's showing a little hesitation in jumping yet? I think so even in layups. Going to take a number of games before he's really back.

Running some point when Dunn is taking a break? Facilitating. sort of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNfAdlR0G0

I hope they make a good pair on the floor because Dunn is playing really well. When I watched the full game highlights instead of this one you get to see Markkenan's shots. Omg automatic. Play Bulls couple times in February.
brison

Post by brison »

Decker23 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm Nice game for Zach. Glad he's back and ha a good game right away.
Don't say it. Ok it would smart if Wiggs never reaches near potential but just don't keep telling us. Everyone understands. Deal? Nothing good comes from trying to be the guy that said it all along. Say it once and move on. What do you get out of repeating it? The decision was made. It's in the past now. If Wiggins explodes into something more you earn nothing good from doing this. If Wiggins fails completely you will still earn nothing from this. Just wreaks of trying to make everyone feel worse all the time. Does something like that really make you feel better?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

brison wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 am
Decker23 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 am
Don't say it. Ok it would smart if Wiggs never reaches near potential but just don't keep telling us. Everyone understands. Deal? Nothing good comes from trying to be the guy that said it all along. Say it once and move on. What do you get out of repeating it? The decision was made. It's in the past now. If Wiggins explodes into something more you earn nothing good from doing this. If Wiggins fails completely you will still earn nothing from this. Just wreaks of trying to make everyone feel worse all the time. Does something like that really make you feel better?
I'm simply rubbing it in. That's all. My intentions aren't to make you feel worse all the time, I'm just pointing out that I do recognize talent when I see it.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
brison

Re: Zach is BACK!

Post by brison »

Ok Decker wanted to keep Dunn/Lavine and send Wiggins away. Check. It's in the history bible for all time now. We got it. You proved all the Wiggins hopefuls here wrong. Well not really. Save it for that day after the Wiggins era. You don't want to be this guy if one day Wiggins runs off 6 points at the end of a finals game do you? He is here and anything is still possible from him. That's what many were betting on. Just remember that no one here had a say in the decision either way.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I love LaVine.

Saw him paw at a rebound down low and it made me laugh.

Lopez grabbed it and LaVine sent him to the line.

Same guy!
BBG

Post by BBG »

brison wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:02 pm Ok Decker wanted to keep Dunn/Lavine and send Wiggins away. Check. It's in the history bible for all time now. We got it. You proved all the Wiggins hopefuls here wrong. Well not really. Save it for that day after the Wiggins era. You don't want to be this guy if one day Wiggins runs off 6 points at the end of a finals game do you? He is here and anything is still possible from him. That's what many were betting on. Just remember that no one here had a say in the decision either way.
Deck is looking for an identity. Let him have this bit.
brison

Post by brison »

got it
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

No one in wc hats zach. Hes loved, all wish him the best. Dont be annoying about zach.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Zach!

18 points - 7-12 (2-4)
5 rebounds
5 assists
2 steals

20 minutes :thumbsup:

No rust whatsoever

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I wasn't a Dunn guy at all, hated the pick initially. Zach was the piece you had to be willing to part with to get Butler. I'm very curious to see how he ends up... by all accounts it looks like the Bulls got three solid pieces to start building something for the future. The Wolves got a top 10-15 player in the league who is exceeding all expectations and changing the culture from losing to winning.

Butler is molded like Garnett, and the Wolves needed that so badly. I know Decker will say "I wanted Butler, just wanted to trade Wiggins instead" .. great. No one knows what discussions happened, maybe Wiggins was in the deal with Dunn and not the pick, who knows! Discussions with those two teams likely went on for a long time, I bet everyone on the Wolves roster outside of Towns was discussed at some point.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Wiggins is a significantly better defender than LaVine. I watched that game yesterday and Zach looked the same. Not much D. Still doesn’t look like he can generate FTs.

Markannen could be the best part of the deal.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Zach is cool. We all like Zach.

Swag always on max.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."