Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE PLAYING NOW Wolves/Nets** Thread

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: **Official WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE PLAYING NOW Wolves/Nets** Thread

Post by SHAFA »

Whoa...40 point game. Nice.
witljon

Post by witljon »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:48 pm
witljon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:44 pm Nets are shooting much better and destroying us on the boards.
The Nets are scoring more points then the Wolves.
....but how’s our coach doing?
witljon

Post by witljon »

I hope ARod doesn’t back out...
Style

Post by Style »

Saw the second half. Wish I didn’t.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Why is Ant shooting 11 threes?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

witljon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:02 pm I hope ARod doesn’t back out...
i wish he would. can't believe with all the billionaires in the state that glen couldn't find local ownership for the team.
witljon

Post by witljon »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:12 pm
i wish he would. can't believe with all the billionaires in the state that glen couldn't find local ownership for the team.
The $$$$ locals have had a long hard look at this organization...
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
witljon

Post by witljon »

I’m glad the Nets called the dogs off in the 4th quarter.

....and Kyrie and the Beard didn’t play.

Or it coulda got real ugly.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:22 pm
The clear thing from watching a bit of this today is how much Finch has made KAT the focal point. Without KAT the team was completely lost.

It’s probably similar to how Denver relies on Jokic.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Good...back in tank mode!

#tankforthepick!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

17 games left... We are approaching the time when KAT, DLo, Ant... And others to suddenly have general soreness to tank the rest of the season.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
D_H

Post by D_H »

This

I don’t think there is a chance in hell he keeps them in Minnesota
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:30 pm
The clear thing from watching a bit of this today is how much Finch has made KAT the focal point. Without KAT the team was completely lost.

also shows how Dlo is totally incapable of stepping up and carrying the team when KAT's out. durant's on a minutes restriction - playing without his other two big guns - and he goes for 31 on 11 of 15 from the field in a 30 pt win. dlo (also on a PT restriction) scores 15 on poor shooting and contributes in hardly any other fashion other than his 4 TOs. the "truth" about Dlo is that he has a long way to go to be a legit star in the nba.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

there was absolutely nothing good about today's game. tanking, if that's the way you want to go, is done best in 2 and 3 point losses - not 30 point blowouts against teams with half their squad out. this stinks in every possible way.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Sooooo....trade KAT?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:23 pm This is my first game thread. Be gentle.
The Wolves certainly weren't gentle with you.
witljon

Post by witljon »

D_H wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:47 pm
This

I do
D_H

Post by D_H »

witljon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:30 pm

This

I do

Hope you’re right it would suck not to have the NBA in Minnesota
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

D_H wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:31 pm
witljon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:30 pm

This

I do

Hope you’re right it would suck not to have the NBA in Minnesota
Gotta be honest....I couldn't care less if they leave.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
T_J

Post by T_J »

It’s not the day or the right time for someone to do this given the delay in this game...and I bet no one was all that fired up to play....but wouldn’t it have been cool if Durant was like I’m dropping 60 today just to do it because I’m an elite scoring assassin?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LordNu wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:21 pm
SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:23 pm This is my first game thread. Be gentle.
The Wolves certainly weren't gentle with you.
It was to be expected, I suppose.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:53 pm

also shows how Dlo is totally incapable of stepping up and carrying the team when KAT's out. durant's on a minutes restriction - playing without his other two big guns - and he goes for 31 on 11 of 15 from the field in a 30 pt win. dlo (also on a PT restriction) scores 15 on poor shooting and contributes in hardly any other fashion other than his 4 TOs. the "truth" about Dlo is that he has a long way to go to be a legit star in the nba.
The Wolves couldn’t stop them at all. Durant often had some great D played on him by Haden, hand totally in his face on some shots. Durant just hit the shots - pure beautiful offense.

I know Harden is the best scorer in the NBA, but his game is pretty gross to watch and relies so much on fouls and traveling being called/not called. Durant on the other hand is unstoppable when he is on, and it is a thing of beauty to see. IMO - best in the game.

I don’t like that he went to GSW and then went to The Nets only if they had other stars and then recruited Harden. It does lessen his image and his “greatness”, but watching him just makes you realize how ridiculous he is.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:29 am

The Wolves couldn’t stop them at all. Durant often had some great D played on him by Haden, hand totally in his face on some shots. Durant just hit the shots - pure beautiful offense.

I know Harden is the best scorer in the NBA, but his game is pretty gross to watch and relies so much on fouls and traveling being called/not called. Durant on the other hand is unstoppable when he is on, and it is a thing of beauty to see. IMO - best in the game.

I don’t like that he went to GSW and then went to The Nets only if they had other stars and then recruited Harden. It does lessen his image and his “greatness”, but watching him just makes you realize how ridiculous he is.

all good points. i'm, unlike others, a big durant fan simply because he's so effing good. and i like watching him work a LOT more than i do harden. but my point and my disgust over their performance is still valid. durant scored 31. that means that Nets NOT named harden, irving, aldridge and dinwiddie scored 96 points against us. we simply can't suck that bad against B squads.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:08 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:29 am

all good points. i'm, unlike others, a big durant fan simply because he's so effing good. and i like watching him work a LOT more than i do harden. but my point and my disgust over their performance is still valid. durant scored 31. that means that Nets NOT named harden, irving, aldridge and dinwiddie scored 96 points against us. we simply can't suck that bad against B squads.
If teams shoot their 3 well against the Wolves it’s an automatic win. I watched and Joe Harris and any shooter they had from deep was not missing and it was over. The Wolves without KAT offer nothing inside offensively and defensively......NOTHING.

Watching them play the Bucks right now and they make them look like the Detroit “Bad Boys”. Naz is big but weak, Jauncho and V8 are a farce and zero inside presence.

Rosas needed to address it in his first draft, he needed to address in his first deadline, he needed to address it in his first off-season and free agency, he needed to address it in his 2nd draft, he needed to address it in his 2nd deadline and now he will need to address it in his second off-season and free agency.

It’s embarrassing.

GO WOLVES!!