Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

DLo Russell is the Truth!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: DLo Russell is the Truth!

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Dlo is a big shot maker and has a ton of game winners, He's the truth and the haters need to learn the game!

:thumbsup:
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I'm still not sold.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Not impressed in the least with this fella...when I see him play I see a guy who is extremely talented but just doesn't the killer instinct to be the best. Collects a massive paycheck and that apparently satisfies him.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I'll give him some time with Finch. Those passes he tries to thread are ridiculous and have a low success rate. He needs to stop that.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

I like Lo the player on O. Hate his D, and don't really care about him off the court because of Swag P. Hate Swaggy, but the simple act was deplorable.

That said, hope he can stay healthy and keep KAT on the floor, we may....May have a PO team.
Keep the pick this year, and we win that trade IMHO. Lose the pick, and we lose. Still happy not to see Wiggins every game.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

his mettle is weak too often. he's been saying for quite awhile now - just wait till we're healthy, KAT and Dlo are gonna really be something to watch. well, it's weak. last night he has a GREAT chance to make a statement about being a strong player WITH KAT playing one of the top teams in the league. and it's just weak weak weak. 11 pts in 22 mins on 5 of 13 (1 of 5 from three) - 4 assists and SIX TOs - just one rebound. plus his usual disinterested can't be bothered D. bleah bleh blah. why does anyone get excited about him when he shits one out like this in a game that could provide some direction to the team? weak.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:19 pm his mettle is weak too often. he's been saying for quite awhile now - just wait till we're healthy, KAT and Dlo are gonna really be something to watch. well, it's weak. last night he has a GREAT chance to make a statement about being a strong player WITH KAT playing one of the top teams in the league. and it's just weak weak weak. 11 pts in 22 mins on 5 of 13 (1 of 5 from three) - 4 assists and SIX TOs - just one rebound. plus his usual disinterested can't be bothered D. bleah bleh blah. why does anyone get excited about him when he shits one out like this in a game that could provide some direction to the team? weak.
I think I'm with you on this, but just to stupid to realize this factor.

I have a feeling this is going to be the story in a few years when people reflect on what could have been "If Healthy." Once KAT and No D-Lo are gone.
Fells like Mombury and KG all over again.

Edwards seems like the last Jedi. If he fails, my interest in the Wolves are gone. My last hope Obi Wan.
Damm, When did I turn into my Dad? :?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

“At the end of the day in this league you need All-Stars,” Rubio said. “You need players who really can take over a game, and it’s not just scoring. It’s the way, for example, KAT attracts defense and gets the other guys involved with an easy bucket or whatever it is. You need that. With one, it’s not enough. When you have two, it’s really helpful for everybody else on the floor.”

Ricky Rubio on D'Angelo and Kat: "When those two are healthy, this team can be really dangerous."

Rubio said it best, you guys need to learn the game.

Not worried about a loss to the clippers who are a top 4 team in the NBA and legit title contender.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

It was not a competitive game, they wiped us in the 2nd quarter and embarrassed us in the 3rd, with our big 2 on the floor

We are stuck with KAT and Dblow as long as Rosas is here, which will not be long.

KAT is no KG, but we ownership/management have failed him, then when we do something it’s his effing crew mate with a flawed game. Sigh
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Bullazin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:57 pm It was not a competitive game, they wiped us in the 2nd quarter and embarrassed us in the 3rd, with our big 2 on the floor

We are stuck with KAT and Dblow as long as Rosas is here, which will not be long.

KAT is no KG, but we ownership/management have failed him, then when we do something it’s his effing crew mate with a flawed game. Sigh
can't figure out fade's take on this - and incorporating rubio's quote. that's exactly the point - we HAD our top two against the clippers and it was ridiculously non-competitive. a cakewalk for LA. against our best. the only thing "scary" about KAT/Dlo is what it revealed about the future for this team. if that's our big two, then that big two has to play a hell of a lot better than that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:44 pm
Bullazin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:57 pm It was not a competitive game, they wiped us in the 2nd quarter and embarrassed us in the 3rd, with our big 2 on the floor

can't figure out fade's take on this - and incorporating rubio's quote. that's exactly the point - we HAD our top two against the clippers and it was ridiculously non-competitive. a cakewalk for LA. against our best. the only thing "scary" about KAT/Dlo is what it revealed about the future for this team. if that's our big two, then that big two has to play a hell of a lot better than that.
This is why you guys are still rookies and still learning the game.

Wolves have Talent but they are the youngest team in the league. Towns DLo both 24. Ant and Jaden is only 19. Everyone else on our team is just bench fodder.

Kids don’t win games in this league. It’s a grown man league.

Clippers are a championship contending team. They are the number 1 3pt shooting team and free throw team in the league. Their entire team is made of veterans including a top 5 player in Kawhi and a top 15 player in Pg13. They also have a championship coach.

Last nights lost was big brother strength vs little brother.

Losing to a title contender in a lost season is not going to make me lose my shit like many of you noobs. They beat Miami and Jimmy, the reigning Eastern Conference Champ the night before and that’s good enough for me to see continued progress.

As for the Rubio quote, he’s stating the obvious many of you still don’t understand, you need at least two all stars to have a chance every night. Not guarantee a win but just to have a chance every night. DLo and KAT together are 5-5 this season but who else on the roster is any good consistently? Nobody.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

we are so dumb. yeah, right. it wasn't just a big brother/little brother thing last night. and just back off the "they are so young" crap. KAT and Dangelo have played a combined 740 NBA games. 740!!!! you think MAYBE they'd start to show a little more of that experience at some point? there was NOTHING competitive about last night. we were down by 38 points late in the third quarter with OUR TWO BEST GUYS PLAYING. never in the game. blown out. if they actually had pride, they'd be incredibly embarrassed - but my guess is that Karl is still fine tuning his post game comments - and Dlo is still practicing his Ice In My Veins move/facial expressions in the mirror. fade, most of us know the game plenty, and you seem to often be the outlier living on Mars.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

KAT and DLo led the team with the worst +/- last night. That's even with DLo coming off the bench.

KAT always struggles against big centers. Zubac is huge. He struggled. Again would be nice to have a big shot blocking guy next to KAT.
T_J

Post by T_J »

There’s not one playoff team that would start DLo.

He’s an overpaid, all flash, wanna be star, but is a career loser.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Someone ban this dumbfuck. Please. His misguided arrogance, blind homerism and abject stupidity is just too much to fucking take.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Let’s see the last 5 games

Beat Chicago with two All Stars in Vuc & Lolvine

Lost to Nets & Bucks with No KAT Back to Back

Beat Full Strength Miami Heat with Jimmy, Bam, & Full Squad

Lost to Number 1 3pt & Free Throw team in Clippers at LA

Team is 2-1 with KAT & DLo the last 3 together.

What’s the problem again? That’s right, learn the game rookies.
salamander

Post by salamander »

ESPN hates on the Wolves for this trade (not a big dlo fan BTW) and I dknt fucking care. Wiggins was a bum.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:07 pm Let’s see the last 5 games

OMG are you ever satisfied with crap. those losses to the nets (durant on mins restriction, no harden, no irving) and bucks (no freak) were both 25 to 30 pt blowouts. the loss to the clippers we were down by 38 at one point. and let's conveniently omit that soul crushing pacers loss with both KAT and Dlo on the floor - and virtually every star on the pacers team out. if you look at this and see no problem, then i think we all know where the problem lies. biggest rookie of us all with the most to learn, but obviously also no shortage of hubris. learn the game, my ass.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T_J

Post by T_J »

.259 winning percentage.

Rising stars MVP.

Your credibility = zero.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

T_J wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:19 pm

.259 winning percentage.

Rising stars MVP.

Your credibility = zero.
He also said Wiggins > Lavine :lol:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:38 pm

OMG are you ever satisfied with crap. those losses to the nets (durant on mins restriction, no harden, no irving) and bucks (no freak) were both 25 to 30 pt blowouts. the loss to the clippers we were down by 38 at one point. and let's conveniently omit that soul crushing pacers loss with both KAT and Dlo on the floor - and virtually every star on the pacers team out. if you look at this and see no problem, then i think we all know where the problem lies. biggest rookie of us all with the most to learn, but obviously also no shortage of hubris. learn the game, my ass.
KAT and DLo are still 5-5 for the season.

.500 would put the wolves in the play-in tournament right now but majority of people rather lose and try to keep the pick.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:19 pm

.259 winning percentage.

Rising stars MVP.

Your credibility = zero.
The season was lost when KAT broke his wrist game 3 of the season. This was already known, so why are people getting so upset with 14 games left? I thought everyone wants to keep losing to try and keep the pick?

I wanted the wolves to push for playoffs but it’s not happening.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Fade? Why are you so smart? You seem to have every problem solved. And your hind sight is second to none.

I suggest you apply for the head coaching job, or at the very least an asst.
Learn to work Noob!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:24 am Fade? Why are you so smart? You seem to have every problem solved. And your hind sight is second to none.

I suggest you apply for the head coaching job, or at the very least an asst.
Learn to work Noob!
I thought you were quiting the forum because your thread got locked and you got so upset like a baby :lol:
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Stay learning the game Noobs
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:07 am

Stay learning the game Noobs
And yet -1 +- the only negative is n the entire lineup. He was good offensively, yes
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Plus minus is weird. Doesn't it depend who's on the floor with who more than anything?

i prefer that NBA stat thing where on can see the 5 on the floor stats.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

The ball is not even touching the net let alone the rim.