Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

DLo Russell is the Truth!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

DLo Russell is the Truth!

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Re: DLo Russell is the Truth!

Post by UnFadeable21 »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Watched the game tonight and he really played well. I thought the whole team did.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

But but.....I keep reading we should move him ASAP. Like literally the moment Ricky started playing to his average, we be like, maybe Dlo is the problem, his defense is just too shitty. His defense isn't good, like 80% of the league. But he can hit big shots out of the PG spot, literally better than anyone ever we've had in Minnesota. You take the good with the bad, but you need a scoring PG in this league to be a serious contender. There's always exceptions, but having a scoring big and point is very ideal going forward. And since we clearly have that, let's just hope the keep healthy and quit the bitching if a guy has a shitty night with his shot and turnovers to the point where we knee jerk the idea of trading him. A guy we specifically brought in for two reasons....to be a scoring PG and the keep KAT happy. Everything but the health has been there, and Finch looks like he knows what the fuck he's doing.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Oh, and one more thing.....Dlo is better than Wiggins. Not involving the pick, he's just a better player.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

This is why trading that turd Wiggins for him was a no brainer every day of the week.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

digitalwolf wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:41 pm But but.....I keep reading we should move him ASAP. Like literally the moment Ricky started playing to his average, we be like, maybe Dlo is the problem, his defense is just too shitty. His defense isn't good, like 80% of the league. But he can hit big shots out of the PG spot, literally better than anyone ever we've had in Minnesota. You take the good with the bad, but you need a scoring PG in this league to be a serious contender. There's always exceptions, but having a scoring big and point is very ideal going forward. And since we clearly have that, let's just hope the keep healthy and quit the bitching if a guy has a shitty night with his shot and turnovers to the point where we knee jerk the idea of trading him. A guy we specifically brought in for two reasons....to be a scoring PG and the keep KAT happy. Everything but the health has been there, and Finch looks like he knows what the fuck he's doing.

Agreed that he’s probably the best big shot taker we’ve had in MN ever.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 am
digitalwolf wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:41 pm But but.....I keep reading we should move him ASAP. Like literally the moment Ricky started playing to his average, we be like, maybe Dlo is the problem, his defense is just too shitty. His defense isn't good, like 80% of the league. But he can hit big shots out of the PG spot, literally better than anyone ever we've had in Minnesota. You take the good with the bad, but you need a scoring PG in this league to be a serious contender. There's always exceptions, but having a scoring big and point is very ideal going forward. And since we clearly have that, let's just hope the keep healthy and quit the bitching if a guy has a shitty night with his shot and turnovers to the point where we knee jerk the idea of trading him. A guy we specifically brought in for two reasons....to be a scoring PG and the keep KAT happy. Everything but the health has been there, and Finch looks like he knows what the fuck he's doing.

That isn't saying much. I also wouldn't call him a "Big shot" maker here.

When you are 14-40, those aren't "Big shots".
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J

Post by T_J »

The first part of the season matters also where he didn’t show up.

Show me some consistency next year and I’ll come back around.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

I am just happy he lost that pound puppy hairdo.

He keeps KAT happy, and outside of a crucial draft pick, we could actually win this trade.
My hope is we keep the pick, then finish middle of the pack next year in the PO's, even if it's a one and done.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

what's going to separate Dlo from others and make him his most valuable self isn't his shooting, but his creating for others. there was a beautiful dime last night to naz under the basket that IMO showed the ideal form of Dlo. if he can integrate the others on this team and find them for easy buckets, it will make everyone's life easier - including his. he has the vision to do that too - just feels like he has in the past concentrated more on getting his own points. i think he can be both - a 20+ ppg scorer and an elite distributor.

second thing. this is tantalizing now, but we'll have only 20some games of KAT and Dlo together this year - and that's barring any unforeseen injuries the rest of the way. they both have become a bit fragile and get dinged - i think the likelihood that we'll see them together for 70+ games next season is a lot less than the likelihood of 35.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
witljon

Post by witljon »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:01 am This is why trading that turd Wiggins for him was a no brainer every day of the week.
It’d be nice to be a playoff team and not the 4th pick when we have to pay that first rounder to the Warriors, but yes we should be much better off with DLo.
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 am

2 young super stars part made me chuckle
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ahem.

Onions.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 am The first part of the season matters also where he didn’t show up.

Show me some consistency next year and I’ll come back around.
Ricky Rubio said it best last night, the reason why the Wolves started so poor this season was because KAT got hurt in game 3 and broke his wrist. Then got Covid, Ricky wasn’t in shape for the season because he was depressed about getting traded, and DLo’s knee wasn’t right.

They have been 7-11 since the all star break with everyone back healthy and playing together. If they were playing that way all season, we would be 21-34 right now fighting to get into the play-in games for the playoffs.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 am what's going to separate Dlo from others and make him his most valuable self isn't his shooting, but his creating for others. there was a beautiful dime last night to naz under the basket that IMO showed the ideal form of Dlo. if he can integrate the others on this team and find them for easy buckets, it will make everyone's life easier - including his. he has the vision to do that too - just feels like he has in the past concentrated more on getting his own points. i think he can be both - a 20+ ppg scorer and an elite distributor.

second thing. this is tantalizing now, but we'll have only 20some games of KAT and Dlo together this year - and that's barring any unforeseen injuries the rest of the way. they both have become a bit fragile and get dinged - i think the likelihood that we'll see them together for 70+ games next season is a lot less than the likelihood of 35.

1:10 second mark, the pass you were talking about.

Definitely think DLo can be a 20ppg and 5 assist guy for the wolves.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 am
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 am what's going to separate Dlo from others and make him his most valuable self isn't his shooting, but his creating for others. there was a beautiful dime last night to naz under the basket that IMO showed the ideal form of Dlo. if he can integrate the others on this team and find them for easy buckets, it will make everyone's life easier - including his. he has the vision to do that too - just feels like he has in the past concentrated more on getting his own points. i think he can be both - a 20+ ppg scorer and an elite distributor.

if he's our starting 2, then yeah 5 assists would be great. if he's our starting PG, he's going to need to spread the wealth more than that. rubio had 9 last night.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 am

if he's our starting 2, then yeah 5 assists would be great. if he's our starting PG, he's going to need to spread the wealth more than that. rubio had 9 last night.
He’s better and more effective as a combo shooting guard where you can take advantage of his scoring ability.
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:11 pm
DLo was the truth with the Lakers when he revealed Nick Young being with other women.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

WTF would you pass on the night when you're shooting 69/50. :lol:
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

I’m not big into Dblow. He is pretty good on Offense, turrible on D. If we end up moving BEAS, for a non joke PF then we all better hope he and towns are enough to carry us. I don’t see it but if they get us to the playoffs I will drop the Dblow stuff.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

just the title of this thread makes me wince. Dlo is the truth? of what?

d'angelo is a former overall #2 pick who is on his fourth team in six years. there's the truth about d'angelo. i'm just hoping he can settle in and be a decent player for us. but please. the hyperbole is almost painful.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:56 pm just the title of this thread makes me wince. Dlo is the truth? of what?

d'angelo is a former overall #2 pick who is on his fourth team in six years. there's the truth about d'angelo. i'm just hoping he can settle in and be a decent player for us. but please. the hyperbole is almost painful.
Lighten up yummy!!!

I'm going to call him Agent Zero 2.0!!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:56 pm just the title of this thread makes me wince. Dlo is the truth? of what?

Lighten up yummy!!!

I'm going to call him Agent Zero 2.0!!!
aaaeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaeeehhh. whatever.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Stay healthy and play some defense, then maybe we have something.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

It’s because he went from pound puppy to devil horns.

\m/ DLO REIGNS \m/
T_J

Post by T_J »

This.