Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves Sold to A-Rod

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Beef Supreme

Re: Wolves Sold to A-Rod

Post by Beef Supreme »

LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:50 pm
Style wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:27 am Taking relocation out of the conversation for a bit, how comfortable is everyone with a Lore/A-Rod duo?

They don’t seem to have super deep pockets. No luxury tax?

Is A-Rod being a past star player a good thing? Does it matter?

This Lore guy seems to be really smart. That’s obviously a plus. Them claiming to want mentorship seems to indicate a desire or at least an ability to listen to others. Hopefully they stay out of basketball decision making.

Overall I’m mixed.
I don't feel comfortable at all with these guys. There is no precedent of behaviour other than one being a Seattle MLB star, the other a businessman who sells businesses after building them up.

The only angle I can see from the two is move the team to Seattle and sell it on again. There is no other reason for these two to buy a team.

Glen has got to be kidding himself if he thinks these guys will keep the Wolves here. The only saving grace would be for the NBA to hand out two new licenses to Seattle and Vegas in the coming years so we can't relocate.
I think that's possible. But I don't think it's inevitable. I mean, they tried to buy the Mets last year. Anyone think they were going to move the Mets and then sell them? Maybe they want to be sports team owners? These franchises don't get put up for sale every day.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:58 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:50 pm
Style wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:27 am Taking relocation out of the conversation for a bit, how comfortable is everyone with a Lore/A-Rod duo?

They don’t seem to have super deep pockets. No luxury tax?

Is A-Rod being a past star player a good thing? Does it matter?

This Lore guy seems to be really smart. That’s obviously a plus. Them claiming to want mentorship seems to indicate a desire or at least an ability to listen to others. Hopefully they stay out of basketball decision making.

Overall I’m mixed.
I don't feel comfortable at all with these guys. There is no precedent of behaviour other than one being a Seattle MLB star, the other a businessman who sells businesses after building them up.

The only angle I can see from the two is move the team to Seattle and sell it on again. There is no other reason for these two to buy a team.

Glen has got to be kidding himself if he thinks these guys will keep the Wolves here. The only saving grace would be for the NBA to hand out two new licenses to Seattle and Vegas in the coming years so we can't relocate.
I think that's possible. But I don't think it's inevitable. I mean, they tried to buy the Mets last year. Anyone think they were going to move the Mets and then sell them? Maybe they want to be sports team owners? These franchises don't get put up for sale every day.
True. Still feels weird that this A-Rod guy comes in and buys an NBA side when he has only known baseball. Lore on the other hand is a businessman. If he isn't in it to make a buck, then it is for his pride, and if that is the case I would hope he gives it all the make the team succeed.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

The team isn't going anywhere. Expansion trumps a franchise move everytime. Lore/Rodriguez/Taylor will gladly take those expansion share checks.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Sounds like ARod will be at Target Center tonight to watch the Wolves Nets game. With no Beard, Kylie, Aldridge, or Dinwiddle, we should have a good/decent chance of winning our 4th straight home win and finalizing the sale of our team :naners:
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

"Sources tell The Athletic that the plan is for the Wolves to remain in Minnesota.

The Wolves would likely be forced to pay a relocation fee of anywhere between $500 million to $1 billion should they decide to move and that move is approved.

The Wolves currently play in the 14th large media market in the country while Seattle is 12th.

Sources also say the franchise's financials are not in terrible shape. "

Off of realgm.. that helps..if the NBA charges a massive relocation fee on top of whatever blocks Taylor puts in it could help.

Though 1.5 billion plus 500m is still cheaper that a huge expansion fee ..but combined it seems promising

Lived the Kat interview..he's pumped about a-rod..huge fan.
Heard him on Dane Moore podcast
Style

Post by Style »

swenjj wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:04 pm "Sources tell The Athletic that the plan is for the Wolves to remain in Minnesota.

The Wolves would likely be forced to pay a relocation fee of anywhere between $500 million to $1 billion should they decide to move and that move is approved.

The Wolves currently play in the 14th large media market in the country while Seattle is 12th.

Off of realgm.. that helps..if the NBA charges a massive relocation fee on top of whatever blocks Taylor puts in it could help.

Though 1.5 billion plus 500m is still cheaper that a huge expansion fee ..but combined it seems promising

Agree, the spendy relocation fee eases my concerns.

Onward with A-Rod!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 pm
irishman89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:14 pm So the cheating owner found a cheater to take over. Can't make this shit up.
My first thought. :lol:
A-Rod looked him in the eye and told him, "I promise I won't move the team." :lol:
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Style wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:20 pm
swenjj wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:04 pm "Sources tell The Athletic that the plan is for the Wolves to remain in Minnesota.

Agree, the spendy relocation fee eases my concerns.

Onward with A-Rod!
Ditto. :thumbsup:
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

What a weird lie. Nobody is a huge A-Rod fan.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Wonder if today’s game gives ARod some hesitation. :thinking:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

As long as the Wolves stay; I’m happy
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:12 pm
This is all true, money wise it makes little sense to move the team when Silver has already said he wants expansion. Im way more concerned about our on court product compared to the worry of Wolves moving.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Dont care who owns it. Only 2 questions remain.

Will they move?

Will they pay the lux?

The answer better be no and yes.
Ok with no and no.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

New NBA Expansion

2 conferences, 4 divisions per, 32 NBA Teams:

Western Conference:

Northwest: UTH, POR, DEN,
Seattle

Pacific: LAL, LAC, SAC, GS

South: NO, DAL, OKC, MEM

SouthWest: PHX, SAS, HOU,
Las Vegas

Eastern Conference:

Central: MIL, CHI, DET,
Minnesota

Atlantic: IND, CLE, TOR, WSH

South: ATL, ORL, MIA, CHA

NorthEast: NYK, BRK, PHI, BOS
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:05 pm
I feel old as hell now
D_H

Post by D_H »

mglviks wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:57 pm Dont care who owns it. Only 2 questions remain.

Will they move?

Will they pay the lux?

Ok with no and no.
They were talking about this on 1500 radio yesterday and the first thing they’re going to do is ask for a new taxpayer funded stadium and when they don’t get it it’s goodbye Minnesota they think. It would be disappointed to see them leave but I just can’t see THAT ownership group keeping them in Minnesota.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:12 pm
This does provide comfort. It's a hefty ask to move the team if the NBA does indeed want two expansion sides paying billions to enter.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 pm
mglviks wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:57 pm Dont care who owns it. Only 2 questions remain.

Will they move?

Will they pay the lux?

Ok with no and no.
They were talking about this on 1500 radio yesterday and the first thing they’re going to do is ask for a new taxpayer funded stadium and when they don’t get it it’s goodbye Minnesota they think. It would be disappointed to see them leave but I just can’t see THAT ownership group keeping them in Minnesota.
This.

And all that comfort in my previous post has been eroded after hearing this.

Will have to go reread my "Good things about Seattle" thread to try lift my spirits.
j2j

Post by j2j »

All the handwringing over the team moving is a complete waste of time. If it moves, it moves. We have 0 control.

What's more important is will we have an owner who is competent and isn't making decisions off of false promises and looking someone in the eye?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

:lol:

He's hilarious :lol:
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:24 pm
:lol:

He's hilarious :lol:
Burn on A-Rod!! :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

He was 8 when the Yankees won the World Series and not quite 10 when A-Rod made his last All-Star game.

A-Rod scored his big deal from the Rangers the year Ant was born and moved to the Yankees before Ant turned 3.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Ant shouldn't know Arod....he juiced and dressed as a chick before Ant even got to HS!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Have an expansion draft where teams can only protect their top 8 players. The expansion teams also get the first two picks in the NBA draft.

Funny is, I ran a simulation in NBA2k21 to see what players were get drafted by Seattle and Vegas in an expansion draft. This was the result.

Seattle Super Sonics

PG
Party Mills
Kendrick Nunn
Jordan Mclaughin

SG
Kevin Huerter
Grayson Allen
Dylan Windler

SF
Otto Porter
Kyle Kuzma
Torrey Craig
Jake Layman

PF
Eric Pascal
Jabari Parker
Harry Giles

C
Nerlens Noel
Moritz Wagner

Las Vegas Outlaws

PG
Reggie Jackson
Shabazz Napier

SG
Shake Milton
Austin Rivers
Brynn Forbes

SF
Tim Hardaway
Josh Hart
Josh Hackson
Kenrich Williams

PF
Daniel Theiss
Jaymichael Green
Juancho Hernangomez

C
Cody Zeller
Khem Birch
Alex Len

Now imagine both teams getting Cade Cunningham, Jalen Suggs or Evan Mobley as well. The NBA has plenty of talent to support two more NBA teams.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:41 am Have an expansion draft where teams can only protect their top 8 players. The expansion teams also get the first two picks in the NBA draft.

Funny is, I ran a simulation in NBA2k21 to see what players were get drafted by Seattle and Vegas in an expansion draft. This was the result.

Seattle Super Sonics

PG
Party Mills
Kendrick Nunn
Jordan Mclaughin

SG
Kevin Huerter
Grayson Allen
Dylan Windler

SF
Otto Porter
Kyle Kuzma
Torrey Craig
Jake Layman

PF
Eric Pascal
Jabari Parker
Harry Giles

C
Nerlens Noel
Moritz Wagner

Las Vegas Outlaws

PG
Reggie Jackson
Shabazz Napier

SG
Shake Milton
Austin Rivers
Brynn Forbes

SF
Tim Hardaway
Josh Hart
Josh Hackson
Kenrich Williams

PF
Daniel Theiss
Jaymichael Green
Juancho Hernangomez

C
Cody Zeller
Khem Birch
Alex Len

Now imagine both teams getting Cade Cunningham, Jalen Suggs or Evan Mobley as well. The NBA has plenty of talent to support two more NBA teams.
Lol. Those teams are pure crap.

The NBA has turned into complete trash. There are about 4 teams every year with a chance depending on what warm weather city a group of all stars want to head to.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
populousample

Post by populousample »

Brooklyn Milwaukee Boston Toronto Denver Utah
somuchyummy beef supreme chat