Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves Sold to A-Rod

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Wolves Sold to A-Rod

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Seems like the fucktards on the main board heard the news. Surprising it hasn’t devolved into Arod screwing someone’s mom yet.
witljon

Post by witljon »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:40 pm Seems like the fucktards on the main board heard the news. Surprising it hasn’t devolved into Arod screwing someone’s mom yet.
Well, Glens wife Becky made them hamburgers and banana cream pie today as they discussed the deal, but I don’t know if ARod screwed her. :shrug:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

witljon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:48 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:40 pm Seems like the fucktards on the main board heard the news. Surprising it hasn’t devolved into Arod screwing someone’s mom yet.
Well, Glens wife Becky made them hamburgers and banana cream pie today as they discussed the deal, but I don’t know if ARod screwed her. :shrug:
I love banana cream pie. I’d take that.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

This cool weather is perfect for lasagna actually.
witljon

Post by witljon »

irishman89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:57 pm This cool weather is perfect for lasagna actually.
Shut up and eat the fucking hamburger 🍔 (she said)
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Maybe Seattle and Las Vegas will get their expansion teams and Minnesota will finally move to the Eastern Conference?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
witljon

Post by witljon »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 pm Maybe Seattle and Las Vegas will get their expansion teams and Minnesota will finally move to the Eastern Conference?
The Lynx?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

witljon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:16 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 pm Maybe Seattle and Las Vegas will get their expansion teams and Minnesota will finally move to the Eastern Conference?
The Lynx?
No, the Timberwolves. Seattle and Las Vegas already have WNBA franchises. The NBA makes a ton of money off expansion fees, so I could definitely see them wanting to go that route over relocation.

If there's two new teams out west then someone has to move to the east. Memphis would be another obvious candidate to move east.
Last edited by Hoop Dreams on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

So if Glen has 2 more years, is he gonna tell Rosa's to go full throttle an trading assets for another playoff push?
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:19 pm
The Lynx?
No, the Timberwolves. Seattle and Las Vegas already have WNBA franchises. The NBA makes a ton of money off expansion fees, so I could definitely see them wanting to go that route over relocation.

If there's two new teams out west then someone has to move to the east. Memphis would be another obvious candidate to move east.
Would be nice to have rivalries with teams nearby..bucks,bulls,even Detroit and Cleveland.

Way less travel too
populousample

Post by populousample »

Minneapolis SuperSonics

Time for a fresh start.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

The Lynx?

This is our only hope. We need expansion teams in Seattle and Vegas
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

If they move forward with expansion, wouldn’t they likely need to do something about the dilution of talent across all of them? Or am I making that something more than it needs to be?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 pm If they move forward with expansion, wouldn’t they likely need to do something about the dilution of talent across all of them? Or am I making that something more than it needs to be?
The owners care about profitability, not dilution of the product.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Glen and AROD probably jotted down some "off the record" details on a napkin that we will find out about in a few years. As punishment the NBA will move this team.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

How fucked up is it that we can't celebrate a new owner after such a shitty one in Glen.. Our only thoughts are about them leaving, rightfully so.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I don't think they'd ink a deal without them staying in Minnesota, so it's cool by my book. I don't know if new ownership actually changes things in regards to luck and developing talent, but I'd like to think we have some hope!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 pm If they move forward with expansion, wouldn’t they likely need to do something about the dilution of talent across all of them? Or am I making that something more than it needs to be?
Of course, but with this current trend of top end talent opting to band together through forced trades and buy-outs and leaving straight gutter trash franchises languishing perpetually at the bottom, at some point you've got to look at it all and think: "Is it worth adding two more shitpiles to the dregs of the league?"
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Just sell the team Glen... This 2.5 waiting period is bullshit..
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:27 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 pm
Of course, but with this current trend of top end talent opting to band together through forced trades and buy-outs and leaving straight gutter trash franchises languishing perpetually at the bottom, at some point you've got to look at it all and think: "Is it worth adding two more shitpiles to the dregs of the league?"
We might think like that....they think like “hey, potentially over 2 billion dollars in expansion fees and more money to spread around! Cha Ching!” They’ll worry about(or pretend to worry) competitive balance down the road.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:33 pm Just sell the team Glen... This 2.5 waiting period is bullshit..
That's so wierd..Glen as a mentor? Because he did the job so well? Gotta be just to hang on til expansion cash..or to make sure they stay on MN
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:44 pm I'm more sad about what it will do to WC.
This. Simple truth of the whole matter. What becomes of us?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:52 pm How fucked up is it that we can't celebrate a new owner after such a shitty one in Glen.. Our only thoughts are about them leaving, rightfully so.
People here have been begging for Taylor to sell forever. There has never been any real MN buyers that have stepped up and wanted to buy and keep them here. Taylor would have likely preferred that.

So to me any group that stepped forward was likely a group that was going to move it (including KG). There is so much money to be made in a starving NBA sports market that would also be thrilled to build them a new stadium they could cash in on as well.

This is the uncertainty that everyone here has begged for, well we now have it.

Try to enjoy it and hope for the best.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The Lynx?

This is the best scenario to keep the team here. Both those expansion fees could bring in 5-6 billion for the other 30
Owners to split.

New Western Conference:
New 16 teams, 4 Divisions:

West Conference

Northwest: UTH, POR, DEN,
Seattle

Pacific: LAL, LAC, SAC, GS

South: NO, DAL, OKC, MEM

SouthWest: PHX, SAS, HOU,
Las Vegas

East Conference:

North: MIL, CHI, DET, MIN

Atlantic: IND, CLE, TOR, WSH

South: ATL, ORL, MIA, CHA

NorthEast: NYK, BRK, PHI, BOS
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Welcome to your New York Wolves!!! :lol:

Don't know what to make of this, but atleast Glenn will be gone :thinking:
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

A-fraud cheater and seems to be a shitty person/player but after having such a dope of an owner I guess I’m on board.

Btw count me in as someone who doesn’t believe the team is moving all signs point to expansion and adding two more teams in Vegas and Seattle.

I don’t think the league wants another moved team.
T_J

Post by T_J »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:20 pm So if Glen has 2 more years, is he gonna tell Rosa's to go full throttle an trading assets for another playoff push?
I was wondering that. If you were the new owners and agreed to have some 2.5 year transition bullshit, how mad would you be if the team is stripped down to the studs and sucks the moment you finally get it?

I hope at Glen’s last home game they try and give him a tribute and he gets booed out of the arena. I might even go to that game.
witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:00 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:44 pm I'm more sad about what it will do to WC.
This. Simple truth of the whole matter. What becomes of us?
It will be in the contract. We’ll just have to wait and see.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

T_J wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:57 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:20 pm So if Glen has 2 more years, is he gonna tell Rosa's to go full throttle an trading assets for another playoff push?
I was wondering that. If you were the new owners and agreed to have some 2.5 year transition bullshit, how mad would you be if the team is stripped down to the studs and sucks the moment you finally get it?

I hope at Glen’s last home game they try and give him a tribute and he gets booed out of the arena. I might even go to that game.
I believe it's been stated that they'll have say in any major decisions.
Let's get Tropical
T_J

Post by T_J »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:20 am
T_J wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:57 am

I believe it's been stated that they'll have say in any major decisions.
Ah gotcha.

Rosas, Finch, Towns...certainly all on the clock. New owners like to do splashy stuff. If the team sucks over the next 2, it’s gonna get blown sky high.