Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**** Minny Wolves vs Indy Pacers - 6pm BSN ****

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Re: **** Minny Wolves vs Indy Pacers - 6pm BSN ****

Post by witljon »

T_J wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:48 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 pm
Good, he's calling out KAT and Dlo.
Schism????
Shitism
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

His own effort wasn’t there at all.

He has a big awareness problem.

It’s not good.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Maybe you guys are reading too much into the word "we". I think he gets that he's not doing his job defensively...hopefully.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

thinktank wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 am His own effort wasn’t there at all.

It’s not good.
Did ANYONE play D last night? Serious question I missed the game. I’m praying McDaniels and Culver if no one else.

I was against all these trade Beas ideas, Probs we should keep him cause he’s our 2nd best offensive player. It would be a mistake to trade him but we are desperate as always for d ffs.

Why didn’t we take wiseman again? Ant is gonna be really good but we knew at the draft Wiseman had the 2 way game potential. He fits with this group, we keep Beas and ship Dblow out. That ship has sailed obvi we are now tied to Dblow
Last edited by Bullazin on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Bullazin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am

It’s not good.
Did ANYONE play D last night? Serious question I missed the game.
McDaniels and that’s about it.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

thinktank wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:06 am

It’s not good.
What a mess I’m surprised you guys have hung around here for this longsuffering shite. I thought the Vikings were torture enough for us
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Bullazin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 am

What a mess I’m surprised you guys have hung around here for this longsuffering shite. I thought the Vikings were torture enough for us
For myself, I’m an NBA fan and the Wolves are how I can access games most easily. I try to watch the Warriors, Bucks, and some other teams too. It’s entertainment.
Last edited by thinktank on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

It’s not good.
His brother in Charlotte had a big game last night.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:36 am

His brother in Charlotte had a big game last night.
I’ll check it out.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am Maybe you guys are reading too much into the word "we". I think he gets that he's not doing his job defensively...hopefully.
KAT actually took someone responsibility. He said it was on him, and HE needs to do better, and HE needs to have the guys more ready in the 1st half. It was good to hear, but right now it's just talk.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:47 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am Maybe you guys are reading too much into the word "we". I think he gets that he's not doing his job defensively...hopefully.
KAT actually took someone responsibility. He said it was on him, and HE needs to do better, and HE needs to have the guys more ready in the 1st half. It was good to hear, but right now it's just talk.
KAT also needs to start destroying inferior Cs on both ends of the court. no reason in hell for a young guy like goga bitadze, who has been struggling big time with the nba transition, to have 14 points a couple minutes into the second. yes, only 14 - but it's a career high and he got 12 of them in the first half when we were getting smoked. goga averages 5 ppg. this happens too often.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Edwards effort on D was abysmal but the guy is a raw 19 year old...He shouldn't really be the one that is motivating the entire team to play D...If you expect that of him you essentially are bashing him because he isn't a superstar at 19 years old.

The veterans on this team need to be setting the tone.

It isn't logical to bash a 19 year old kid for this teams woes on defense last night
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Coach needs to tell his players to shut the fuck up in their postgame interviews and give the canned stuff and quit causing division in the locker room. Between Edwards talking about Barrett the other day and everything they say after losses lately they all need to shut the fuck up. Watching most of the games is bad enough, but having to listen to the stupid shit they say with their mouths that is so hollow is even worse. Such a DUMB team.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:03 am
KAT also needs to start destroying inferior Cs on both ends of the court. no reason in hell for a young guy like goga bitadze, who has been struggling big time with the nba transition, to have 14 points a couple minutes into the second. yes, only 14 - but it's a career high and he got 12 of them in the first half when we were getting smoked. goga averages 5 ppg. this happens too often.
I nabbed Goga in DFS, easy money
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that parade of layups killed me last night. 29 layups/dunks for the pacers. 48 mins in a game - considering each team approximately has the ball for half of that time on offense - the pacers were getting more than a layup per minute against us for the entire game. and it's not like it happened because we clamped down on the three - they hit 14 of 28 of those. it would be really nice to have a big on this team whose thing was protecting the rim. block shots, alter shots into misses, force the team to reconsider even taking it to the hole. maybe not as a starter - but at least as someone we could employ to stop the bleeding when we're in games like last night's.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

When he has a big game against Embiid and then has a game like that against a ham n egger the next game, it doesn't make sense. Reminds me of Wiggins. Plays big against like three guys in the league and let's the rest of them do warm up line type layups all game.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm just checked my Merriam Webster and it needs updating. under the word Pathetic, they need a 2021 Wolves team picture.
:lol:
Oi, still want to know what you had done to your knee!
Played too much golf during the Covid break, wore out the cartilage in my knee, and had it replaced. Takes a while to recover. But i'm still going to golf. Reffing? Not until fall.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 am Coach needs to tell his players to shut the fuck up in their postgame interviews and give the canned stuff and quit causing division in the locker room. Between Edwards talking about Barrett the other day and everything they say after losses lately they all need to shut the fuck up. Watching most of the games is bad enough, but having to listen to the stupid shit they say with their mouths that is so hollow is even worse. Such a DUMB team.
I'm confused.
You want "canned answers" because some players may get offended by real answers?
And you don't want them to give real answers because it's stupid hollow shit.
Or do you want them to STFU?
:?:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:46 pm

When he has a big game against Embiid and then has a game like that against a ham n egger the next game, it doesn't make sense. Reminds me of Wiggins. Plays big against like three guys in the league and let's the rest of them do warm up line type layups all game.
hey, it's not like he doesn't show up - his stat line last night was a ridiculous 32/17/6 - but yeah, it bothers me that a young scrub like goga, who seriously has not done much of anything yet to justify him being in the league, goga gets 14 points while that undermanned pacers team is holding us out the window by the balls. why was he able to do anything? that should be an absolute squashdown for KAT - and certainly not one of the big reasons why they went up on us by 21 at the half.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm
irishman89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 am Coach needs to tell his players to shut the fuck up in their postgame interviews and give the canned stuff and quit causing division in the locker room. Between Edwards talking about Barrett the other day and everything they say after losses lately they all need to shut the fuck up. Watching most of the games is bad enough, but having to listen to the stupid shit they say with their mouths that is so hollow is even worse. Such a DUMB team.
I'm confused.
You want "canned answers" because some players may get offended by real answers?
Yeah that was a little confusing I think I'm just ready for the playoffs and this team to fuck off for a while.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm
I'm confused.
Yeah that was a little confusing I think I'm just ready for the playoffs and this team to fuck off for a while.
i think it's becoming clear that this team cares less about wins than its fan base does. were there ANY fans who thought we could mail it in and get a win last night? no. because apparently we are both smarter than this wolves bunch and also care more about winning. after what this team has been doing this year, how could you NOT approach last night's heightened chances for two wins in a row with anything other than a complete go for the throat attitude and effort? you read some of these post game blah blah quotes and i almost feel sorry for them because they just seem to be as dumb and unaware as a bag of rocks.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 pm :lol:
Played too much golf during the Covid break, wore out the cartilage in my knee, and had it replaced. Takes a while to recover. But i'm still going to golf. Reffing? Not until fall.
So you had the meniscus grown in a lab?

I was told if I had that I'd be off my feet for 3 months... That was 16 years ago though, and 60% of my meniscus was removed.

My knee is rooted. Had multiple operations and constantly get PRP injections, so I am quite fascinated in the different procedures some people get.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

LordNu wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:32 pm

I was told if I had that I'd be off my feet for 3 months... That was 16 years ago though, and 60% of my meniscus was removed.

My knee is rooted. Had multiple operations and constantly get PRP injections, so I am quite fascinated in the different procedures some people get.

I think I may have said it incorrectly.

I had my "knee" replaced with "hardware." My meniscus wasn't damaged. Forward is okay, sideways feels different. Hope to be pain free by summer. Low chance, and rehab is hell.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:45 pm

I had my "knee" replaced with "hardware." My meniscus wasn't damaged. Forward is okay, sideways feels different. Hope to be pain free by summer. Low chance, and rehab is hell.
Sounds more like a knee replacement then? There are differing degrees as to how much can be replaced.

Let me know your progress/time in healing and what you can and cannot do (prime candidate for knee replacement but I have to wait as long as possible).
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

LordNu wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:01 pm

Sounds more like a knee replacement then? There are differing degrees as to how much can be replaced.

Let me know your progress/time in healing and what you can and cannot do (prime candidate for knee replacement but I have to wait as long as possible).
Yes, I had a partial replacement in the inner left knee. So not a full replacement. First few weeks were awful. Could barely get to the restroom, and the pain was pretty intense. But then the swelling went down, and rehab started. They say a full year after surgery, but depends on how hard you rehab. I am kind of half assing it lately, but golf helps. I'm 55, so the earlier the better the recovery. It's going to happen, so don't do like my father and wait until he 70 plus. Two years and still have issues.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:56 am

Yes, I had a partial replacement in the inner left knee. So not a full replacement. First few weeks were awful. Could barely get to the restroom, and the pain was pretty intense. But then the swelling went down, and rehab started. They say a full year after surgery, but depends on how hard you rehab. I am kind of half assing it lately, but golf helps. I'm 55, so the earlier the better the recovery. It's going to happen, so don't do like my father and wait until he 70 plus. Two years and still have issues.
Had you had any knee surgery before this?
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

LordNu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:03 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:56 am

Nope. I did a lot of BBall reffing, and then slipped and bent it awkwardly. Went to doctor and he said the cartilage was pretty much shot, and it depends how long I could deal with pain, but it was going to be bone on bone at some point. So with covid, and an uncertain BBall season, decided better now then later.
Hope that helps. (Considering the options.) ;)
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:56 am Yes, I had a partial replacement in the inner left knee. So not a full replacement. First few weeks were awful. Could barely get to the restroom, and the pain was pretty intense. But then the swelling went down, and rehab started. They say a full year after surgery, but depends on how hard you rehab. I am kind of half assing it lately, but golf helps. I'm 55, so the earlier the better the recovery. It's going to happen, so don't do like my father and wait until he 70 plus. Two years and still have issues.
Nope. I did a lot of BBall reffing, and then slipped and bent it awkwardly. Went to doctor and he said the cartilage was pretty much shot, and it depends how long I could deal with pain, but it was going to be bone on bone at some point. So with covid, and an uncertain BBall season, decided better now then later.
I am a prime candidate for a replacement, have been for the last 15 years since I screwed mine up, and can't get it for another 15.... Lots of bone damage.

I find it interesting hearing what the replacement is like - i.e. what to expect.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

LordNu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:11 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm

I am a prime candidate for a replacement, have been for the last 15 years since I screwed mine up, and can't get it for another 15.... Lots of bone damage.

I find it interesting hearing what the replacement is like - i.e. what to expect.
Why 15?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:14 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:11 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm Nope. I did a lot of BBall reffing, and then slipped and bent it awkwardly. Went to doctor and he said the cartilage was pretty much shot, and it depends how long I could deal with pain, but it was going to be bone on bone at some point. So with covid, and an uncertain BBall season, decided better now then later.

Why 15?
They want to wait till I am at least 50. Knee replacement hardware have a shelf-life (supposedly) so they don't want a person having too many of them through their lifetime.