Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Atlanta asks for Beasley and a 1st for Collins

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Atlanta asks for Beasley and a 1st for Collins

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 pm DLO
ANT
JADEN
COLLINS
KAT

vs

DLO
BEASLEY
ANT
JADEN/V8/MACHO JAUNCHO
KAT

Rosas choked.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Dude, we didn't have a first... If it was simply Beasley for Collins it would have happened.
The Wolves could have gave out a future 1st, couldn’t they? I don’t believe it had to be this draft.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 pm
ANT
JADEN
COLLINS
KAT

vs

DLO
BEASLEY
ANT
JADEN/V8/MACHO JAUNCHO
KAT

Rosas choked.

Dude, we didn't have a first... If it was simply Beasley for Collins it would have happened.
The Wolves could have gave out a future 1st, couldn’t they? I don’t believe it had to be this draft.
No they couldn't, from what I understand. You're unable to give out consecutive firsts. In saying that, I don't know how far ahead we can give out our picks, but the protections on our first may be a reason why we couldn't either (i.e. if we gave out 2022 first for Collins, but ended up keeping 2021 years it would mean the 2022 pick would go to GS, and not Atlanta.)
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Style wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 pm
ANT
JADEN
COLLINS
KAT

vs

DLO
BEASLEY
ANT
JADEN/V8/MACHO JAUNCHO
KAT

Rosas choked.

Just ignore him. It’s one thing to lean a certain direction, but it’s another to not even paint an accurate picture.

In a March Madness bracket of poor posters, Joda and DH would be #1 seed locks.
I am semi-surprised the thread had to resurface. I totally believe if Collins could be had for a decent sum, we would have him.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:31 pm

No they couldn't, from what I understand. You're unable to give out consecutive firsts. In saying that, I don't know how far ahead we can give out our picks, but the protections on our first may be a reason why we couldn't either (i.e. if we gave out 2022 first for Collins, but ended up keeping 2021 years it would mean the 2022 pick would go to GS, and not Atlanta.)
We need Adam Silver.

Why would Atlanta be asking for Beasley and a first from the Wolves if that was the case? Doesn’t make sense.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Style wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 pm
ANT
JADEN
COLLINS
KAT

vs

DLO
BEASLEY
ANT
JADEN/V8/MACHO JAUNCHO
KAT

Rosas choked.

Just ignore him. It’s one thing to lean a certain direction, but it’s another to not even paint an accurate picture.

In a March Madness bracket of poor posters, Joda and DH would be #1 seed locks.
Maybe you need to talk to the guy that put out the Tweet (he only has like a quarter million followers) and the guy that made this thread.

I’m going with the information provided to us, not making it up.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:37 pm

We need Adam Silver.

Why would Atlanta be asking for Beasley and a first from the Wolves if that was the case? Doesn’t make sense.
I got the sense they wanted us to trade Rubio for a first, so in effect it'd be a three team trade.

Let it be Joda, let it be...
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 pm

We need Adam Silver.

I got the sense they wanted us to trade Rubio for a first, so in effect it'd be a three team trade.

If Atlanta doesn’t max Collins - it will come up again.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

this team would be better if they could create first round picks out of thin air like Joda can.
T_J

Post by T_J »

They could have dumped another first in like 2024 or beyond which would have been absolutely idiotic given that he's a RFA this summer. So either offer a max then or trade a first in a season that has been in the cess tank since January and then max him this summer with another pick out the window.

Which option seems like a better idea?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Long term, we will have:

DLO/???
Beasley/Nowell (maybe)
Ant/???
????/McDaniels
KAT/Naz

That above roster is costing 113 million in 2022-23.

I'm going to assume by 2022, Rubio, Juancho (not guaranteed), Okogie, Culver, Layman, Vando are all gone due to the current PT and contract expirations.

Those expiring's have to be used but we have no assets other than expiring's. Going to be interesting how he manages this.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Much more inclined to go after him in a S&T. The ask should be reasonable with respect to assets, but definitely not free.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

DLO, Ant, McDaniels, Collins, Towns would be nice.

Be so great to tell Jaden, you don't need to "do" anything, just fly around and disrupt.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Totally would like to expand the deal.

Getting back Reddish would be huge. Hueter would be a nice piece too. They aint moving Hunter.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:34 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 pm

We need Adam Silver.

If Atlanta doesn’t max Collins - it will come up again.
Cue the Mac Davis: Lord it’s hard to be humble……

jodadamus strikes again. The legend grows.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mglviks wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 am Totally would like to expand the deal.

Getting back Reddish would be huge. Hueter would be a nice piece too. They aint moving Hunter.
if they want a first with beasley on the deal, we totally should be getting reddish back as well. if they demand culver or juancho, oh well....
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:18 pm

if they want a first with beasley on the deal, we totally should be getting reddish back as well. if they demand culver or juancho, oh well....
Completely agree.

Min in: Collins, Reddish

Atl in: Beasley, Culver/Juancho and 23 1st top with protections. Top 7, 10 or lotto.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

His defense, hustle, and smart play during the playoffs opened some eyes for sure. In that he has a wide variety of skills he can utilize.

He's not just a guy that can score and rebound. If he adds that type of defense to his play game in and game out feels like he's well on his his way to being a more athletic, young, Paul Milsap type of player.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:50 am DLO, Ant, McDaniels, Collins, Towns would be nice.

Be so great to tell Jaden, you don't need to "do" anything, just fly around and disrupt.
Hard to disagree. Kid has so much energy and quickness. Would be fun to see him just kind of prowl around and be the free safety of the defense.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:25 pm His defense, hustle, and smart play during the playoffs opened some eyes for sure. In that he has a wide variety of skills he can utilize.

He's not just a guy that can score and rebound. If he adds that type of defense to his play game in and game out feels like he's well on his his way to being a more athletic, young, Paul Milsap type of player.
I’d rather have Collins with DLO, KAT, ANT and Jaden, then having to dump any of the starters just to get Simmons and create another hole in the starting lineup.

Rosas just needs a PF to complete the lineup.

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:25 pm His defense, hustle, and smart play during the playoffs opened some eyes for sure. In that he has a wide variety of skills he can utilize.

I’d rather have Collins with DLO, KAT, ANT and Jaden, then having to dump any of the starters just to get Simmons and create another hole in the starting lineup.

Interesting toss-up between the two (Simmons/Collins) but I go with Simmons most probably due to the Aus connection.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:02 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 pm

Interesting toss-up between the two (Simmons/Collins) but I go with Simmons most probably due to the Aus connection.
For me it all depends on what it takes to get the deals done…..more like if they can get done. They both feel like complete longshots at this point. Fun to hear the Wolves mentioned in the mix for big names.

Joboo

Post by Joboo »

My issue with Collins isn’t talent but think he is the kind of player who won’t stand not being the Alpha. We have an Alpha and he is 19 years old. I think he will hurt not help us long term.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Joboo wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 pm My issue with Collins isn’t talent but think he is the kind of player who won’t stand not being the Alpha. We have an Alpha and he is 19 years old. I think he will hurt not help us long term.
has collins been stinking up the joint with trae being number one?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:32 pm
Joboo wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:17 pm My issue with Collins isn’t talent but think he is the kind of player who won’t stand not being the Alpha. We have an Alpha and he is 19 years old. I think he will hurt not help us long term.
has collins been stinking up the joint with trae being number one?
Collins and Trae figured it out that’s what good coaching helps do and that Team really played well down the stretch and Collins was damn impressive….too impressive, can’t see Atlanta letting him go. The guy fits the Wolves needs, brings some fire and fits the age timelines. If there was actually a Beasley and draft picks deal at the trade deadline, Rosas should be kicking himself in the ass for not jumping when he had the chance. Lots of other teams now will likely beat any Wolves offers.

witljon

Post by witljon »

I wouldn’t trade Culver low.
We need him healthy to get his trade value up.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:58 am

It would be unwise to pick up his option and I don't think we do, so I think that ship has sailed. Trade him for anything you can get, salary relief, a different reclamation or a 2nd are all viable options at this point, but easier said than done.

Okogie in the same boat.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

He won't have enough minutes to do anything to get his value up. He's just a nobody who shows no flashes.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
witljon

Post by witljon »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am

He won't have enough minutes to do anything to get his value up. He's just a nobody who shows no flashes.
Hey, I was one of the very few who wanted the Wolves to draft him, so I’m not giving up on him so fast. And I’m thinking :thinking: if Beasley gets traded, a healthy Culver will get enough minutes to prove the doubters here wrong.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

witljon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:16 am
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am

Hey, I was one of the very few who wanted the Wolves to draft him, so I’m not giving up on him so fast. And I’m thinking :thinking: if Beasley gets traded, a healthy Culver will get enough minutes to prove the doubters here wrong.
Culver just seems to have this 'just happy to be here' mindset. I'd have more patience if he played with more of a chip on his shoulder, trying to make the case for more minutes. I had higher hopes for Kris Dunn.