Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

We NEED that pick THIS year!!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

Re: We NEED that pick THIS year!!

Post by kilkenny »

22 games remaining. We've got 5 games on the 4th worst record. I don't see how we overtake them. If they lost out, we'd have to go 6-16. I don't see it.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm 22 games remaining. We've got 5 games on the 4th worst record. I don't see how we overtake them. If they lost out, we'd have to go 6-16. I don't see it.
Too tight for my liking.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm 22 games remaining. We've got 5 games on the 4th worst record. I don't see how we overtake them. If they lost out, we'd have to go 6-16. I don't see it.
god i hate this loss watch. every fucking year. serve us right if this year we're one of the three worst in the league - but the ball drops funny and knocks our pick to sixth (and to GSW).
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Dlo playing tonight. Let the dynasty begin
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm Dlo playing tonight. Let the dynasty begin
But let me guess....Beasz and or Towns out?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm Dlo playing tonight. Let the dynasty begin
Heavy minutes restriction. Would be surprised if he played more than 15 mins
T_J

Post by T_J »

Hornets wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:27 pm
Beasley is out.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

T_J wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 pm
Hornets wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:27 pm
Beasley is out.
Of course he is... :pissed: :roll:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

We're not seeing our actual starting five this year....that's over.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Beasley is out 4-6 weeks! Unbelievable..
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:42 pm Beasley is out 4-6 weeks! Unbelievable..
The tank is real?
T_J

Post by T_J »

So he just suddenly has a level 3 hamstring injury? I'm honestly asking, when did this happen?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beasley is legit out that long? People always working quads nobody working the antagonist muscle in the hamstring. Quads get so strong hamstrings have to keep up and do more work and eventually they are more susceptible to injury.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if we lose our pick - or even if we keep it - what sort of first rounder do you think beasley could fetch? what's the range? if we could swing a mid-first - especially if there's a team slotted there who already has a load of picks in this draft - we could get kai jones of texas, who would check a lot of boxes as that high motor, hyper athletic defensive big we could add to our frontcourt.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Degrade For Cade!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

LordNu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:42 pm Beasley is out 4-6 weeks! Unbelievable..
The tank is real?
Rosas is smart, we can't lose that pick this year. We must come out of this draft with one of Cade and Suggs.

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:03 am
The tank is real?
Rosas is smart, we can't lose that pick this year. We must come out of this draft with one of Cade and Suggs.

I wouldn't even mind Mobley.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I thought based upon odds the Wolves would rather finish 3rd worst instead of 1st vis a vis what it could mean for Golden State? I could be misreading this exchange elsewhere:
Ok but if they fall as far as possible from 1st, 2nd or 3rd a 5th pick > 7th. Perhaps that's not as big a deal as trying to learn how to win now, but even that only makes sense if they expect their roster to remain mostly intact for next season.
Any pick outside the top 3 belongs to Golden State because of the Wiggins/DeAngelo Russell trade. So technically speaking, finishing third (same odds as a top three pick as first and second) and giving Golden State worse odds to finish lower would theoretically be better for the Wolves in the long run. If GSW gets a 4th overall pick they would be (allegedly) getting a better player than they would at 5-6-7.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:03 am
The tank is real?

Rosas is smart ladies and gentlemen.

The idiot who put top 3 protection on this pick, TOP 3! Is smart.

This post is as smart as the idiot is.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Get this through you heads. We desperately need this pick to go to GS. Anyone who thinks we are better off with the idiot getting lucky and keeping his job should open their eyes and maybe take a look at the utter incompetence it takes to put top 3 protection on this pick. Or throw in this pick. Or trade up for Culver. Or say we are at the start of a rebuild and constantly trade away future assets.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:39 pm Get this through you heads. We desperately need this pick to go to GS. Anyone who thinks we are better off with the idiot getting lucky and keeping his job should open their eyes and maybe take a look at the utter incompetence it takes to put top 3 protection on this pick. Or throw in this pick. Or trade up for Culver. Or say we are at the start of a rebuild and constantly trade away future assets.
Cherry pick post.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:39 pm Get this through you heads. We desperately need this pick to go to GS. Anyone who thinks we are better off with the idiot getting lucky and keeping his job should open their eyes and maybe take a look at the utter incompetence it takes to put top 3 protection on this pick. Or throw in this pick. Or trade up for Culver. Or say we are at the start of a rebuild and constantly trade away future assets.
Cherry pick post.
i'll give you one guess who said this on this board about which player in the 2020 draft.

"Obvious best player in the draft - obvious best fit for the Wolves - been saying it for 11 months now. Look forward to the rest of you catching on in like 2 years when he's a star in GS."
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:06 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 pm
Cherry pick post.
i'll give you one guess who said this on this board about which player in the 2020 draft.

"Obvious best player in the draft - obvious best fit for the Wolves - been saying it for 11 months now. Look forward to the rest of you catching on in like 2 years when he's a star in GS."
I am going to guess Thrill, but with him calling just about everybody an idiot, his post lose cred. He's good for a laugh at, not with.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ding ding ding! and about Obi.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

We're probably the best team right now of the bottom feeders. Getting healthier and playing tougher with the new coach. We may be in trouble when it comes to keeping that bottom 3 finish. But I like how we're playing.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

18 games left and most are against teams with winning records or teams fighting for a playoff spot. Still a good chance of finishing top three, but the tank standings are tightening. We need Orlando to win some games.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

loss tonight. KAT's out.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pm loss tonight. KAT's out.
Is it a required - tank out, or is he hurt??

He fell hard and awkwardly a few times yesterday so if he’s sore I can buy it.

Would expect Jaden out as well after Okogie cut his legs out yesterday. That was a brutal fall.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:

FYI - The Twins have cancelled their game today out of respect for the shooting shit that has gone down....wonder if the Wolves will follow suit.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pm loss tonight. KAT's out.
What’s wrong with Towns?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

moot at this point because of the postponement of the game - but this is the one year anniversary of the death of his mom and the family was having a memorial get together.

i'll probably get kicked in the throat for this opinion - but i think it's another indication that he has a lot of maturing still to do. instead of telling his family, the day doesn't matter - let's have the observance on Tuesday - that way i can fulfill my commitment to the club. and it's probably what mom would want - this way i can play the game and dedicate it to her. it IS a commitment and no small one. because of injuries and Covid and a shortened season, Karl will only play about 50 games this year. he'll still make all his salary - nearly $30M. given his misses, this comes to around $578,000 for every game he plays. and everyone knows how badly we need him on the court.

before i get kicked in the throat over this and i know all families are different but i'll reveal that my own mom died a couple months back - and we're simply waiting for a safe time - whenever that will be - for everyone to gather for a memorial. the day doesn't matter. it will still be very meaningful.

life goes on.

as i said at the top though - moot point because of tonight's postponement.