Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

We NEED that pick THIS year!!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Stork311

Re: We NEED that pick THIS year!!

Post by Stork311 »

I was looking at mock sites....as wolves fans almost always do around March 1. I guess I forgot we also gave our 2nd to OKC this year? Was that the Rubio mistake?

Soo.....there is a better than 50% chance we will have the worst record in the league, no real money to spend in off season, and zero picks next year?

If I didn't laugh I would cry.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Stork311 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:26 am I was looking at mock sites....as wolves fans almost always do around March 1. I guess I forgot we also gave our 2nd to OKC this year? Was that the Rubio mistake?

Soo.....there is a better than 50% chance we will have the worst record in the league, no real money to spend in off season, and zero picks next year?

If I didn't laugh I would cry.
I've given Rosas some rope here, but this is pretty bleak.

If this team limps to the finish line like it probably will and then nothing meaningful is done this off-season, I'm not sure why anyone should show up next year.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

We need that pick to be top 3 in the worst way. If we lose that, we’re fucked the next 5 years easy. Not getting a top 3 will basically force a Towns trade. I don’t even want to imagine this scenario.

Do they still do the draft order behind closed doors?? I could see the NBA saying were a lost cause and just screwing us over.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:39 am
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:32 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:00 pm Anything and everything we need to do to get it. Tank the hell out of this thing.

Getting one of the top 3 this year could be franchise changing for us. Not getting a pick could be devastating for us.

Root for the losing! I hate doing it but Rosas put us in this situation.
This team is going to lose enough to finish bottom 3 without question - no rooting required. ;)
Right. Even if we "right the ship" so to speak and play better after the AS break, we're still all but guaranteed to be a bottom 3 team.

So that means there's about a 42% chance to bother watching next year, right?
40.1% chance we get the pick to be exact. 59.9% chance we don't.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:42 pm We need that pick to be top 3 in the worst way. If we lose that, we’re fucked the next 5 years easy. Not getting a top 3 will basically force a Towns trade. I don’t even want to imagine this scenario.

Do they still do the draft order behind closed doors?? I could see the NBA saying were a lost cause and just screwing us over.
I’m not a conspiracy guy, but if I was this is the exact opposite of what the NBA would do. Minneapolis/St. Paul is a medium market (not small) that the lowly Wolves are not maximizing. If the NBA wanted to rig things to maximize revenue, they’d look at hopeless situations like the Wolves and try to inject them with hope/interest and not let them wither.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I just watched Oklahoma State take down Baylor in the Big 12 Tournament. Cade Cunningham is the real deal! I have no doubts that he is going to be a star in the NBA. Getting him on the Wolves would be a big deal and drastically change the future outlook of this franchise.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

You won't even have to worry about the lotto balls. Wolves will start winning some games just to mess this up. It's what they do.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:17 pm You won't even have to worry about the lotto balls. Wolves will start winning some games just to mess this up. It's what they do.
As long as we finish among the 3 worst records we will have the same odds. I'm confident they can pull that off.

Cade!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I will repeat: Evan Mobley would be a phenomenal consolation prize if we were lucky enough to end up at number two. He just had back to back games with 26 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 blocks. This draft is stacked.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

so that begs the question for twolves geeks. if we do retain our pick this year, but fall to #2 - and assuming cade is the first pick -

do you go with mobley for our 4 (and plan for him at the 5 in a post-KAT team)?

or suggs (and hope to deal Dlo and retain KAT)?

or kuminga (and hope to retain both KAT and Dlo, with AE at the 2, kuminga the 3 and fast-laning mcdaniels into the 4)?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:58 pm so that begs the question for twolves geeks. if we do retain our pick this year, but fall to #2 - and assuming cade is the first pick -

or kuminga (and hope to retain both KAT and Dlo, with AE at the 2, kuminga the 3 and fast-laning mcdaniels into the 4)?
For me it's Evan Mobley easily. He would be the number one pick in a lot of drafts. He reminds me of Anthony Davis a little bit.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm with you. i like him whether or not KAT stays.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:58 pm so that begs the question for twolves geeks. if we do retain our pick this year, but fall to #2 - and assuming cade is the first pick -

If we get a top 3 pick, be it Cunningham, Mobley or Suggs, I will be elated. Depending on what happens here, Mobley might make the most sense after Cunningham and I think he can easily play PF for us next to Towns.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I'd put Jalen Green into the mix for a top three pick. He's been impressive in the G-League.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:56 pm

For me it's Evan Mobley easily. He would be the number one pick in a lot of drafts. He reminds me of Anthony Davis a little bit.
He gets a lot of KG comps, I do like him a lot.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:19 pm I'd put Jalen Green into the mix for a top three pick. He's been impressive in the G-League.
forgot about him. thanks. my son has been singing his praises.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:28 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:19 pm I'd put Jalen Green into the mix for a top three pick. He's been impressive in the G-League.
forgot about him. thanks. my son has been singing his praises.
sonofyummy is a smart kid.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Ant-like that dunk.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

If we can somehow luck out and keep the pick to go with KAT and Ant then things won't look so bad.

I am anxious to see what Finch can do with a whole off-season after getting them to play like this after one practice.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Glad Rosas stayed the course as I have been begging. Now, we need that pick. Then start getting some good trades going this offseason.

If we lose that pick we can say it was a major fuck up from Rosas. It's at least 60% out of hands at this point. Let's not let that change.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

It appears to me that to legitimately compete for the championship, you need two HOF’ers on your roster.
Cade Cunningham? Evan Mobley? Jalen Suggs?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I see 5 teams competing for the 3 worst records. Us, Detroit, Houston, Orlando, and Washington.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Isn't Green another SG? I think we may have to step away from that position for some time. Lord knows we've taken enough of them.

PG and PF are huge needs and Cunningham, Mobley, and Suggs fit the bills there. We could use a real 3 with Kuminga but he's been just okay, yeah? Probably not top 3 worthy.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Fattymcgee

Post by Fattymcgee »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:00 pm Anything and everything we need to do to get it. Tank the hell out of this thing.

Getting one of the top 3 this year could be franchise changing for us. Not getting a pick could be devastating for us.

Root for the losing! I hate doing it but Rosas put us in this situation.

Wish we were losing with that fucker Wiggins instead of DLo. I hate that trade and I'm not sure why it would be made if Rosas wasn't sure we'd be close to a playoff team. Rosas' biggest mistake. :doublefinger:
Too bad that even with the worst record we only have a 40% chance of keeping the pick.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:49 pm Don’t really care for the pick. A young guy isn’t going to save this team. It’s up to kAT and DLo

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:17 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:54 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:49 pm Don’t really care for the pick. A young guy isn’t going to save this team. It’s up to kAT and DLo
Is this real life? Am I in an alternate universe? Like WTF? :lol:
Newsflash

This team has had 3 number one picks in Wiggins kAT and Edwards. What has changed?

Young guys don’t elevate a team. Trent Tucker says this all the time on In the Zone. A rookie 19 year old isn’t going to change things. Our vets need to lead.
Both DHoe and KAT are in their 6th year in the league.

They will probably get better but not by buy and it's pretty clear they aren't going to lead us anywhere.

What a dumv fucking take to say that we don't need the #1 pick in one of the most stacked draft classes in a while. Holy shit.

I bet Cade could even win the rising stars MVP!

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Newsflash

This team has had 3 number one picks in Wiggins kAT and Edwards. What has changed?

Young guys don’t elevate a team. Trent Tucker says this all the time on In the Zone. A rookie 19 year old isn’t going to change things. Our vets need to lead.

They will probably get better but not by buy and it's pretty clear they aren't going to lead us anywhere.

What a dumv fucking take to say that we don't need the #1 pick in one of the most stacked draft classes in a while. Holy shit.

Every year they say a class is stacked or weak. They said this year’s class was weak and now it’s looking pretty damn strong.

You believe too much of the noise and not your own eyes but I forgot you don’t know basketball.

You just post stories about Jimmy stealing KAT’s girl convinced it was real :lol:

Learn the game noob, you embarrass yourself :lol:
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Newsflash

Referencing Tucker is my favorite part.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Newsflash

Every year they say a class is stacked or weak. They said this year’s class was weak and now it’s looking pretty damn strong.

You believe too much of the noise and not your own eyes but I forgot you don’t know basketball.

You just post stories about Jimmy stealing KAT’s girl convinced it was real :lol:

Learn the game noob, you embarrass yourself :lol:
Who said this years draft class was weak?

Let's see these sources :lol:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Bump