Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

We NEED that pick THIS year!!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: We NEED that pick THIS year!!

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Don’t really care for the pick. A young guy isn’t going to save this team. It’s up to kAT and DLo
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:49 pm Don’t really care for the pick. A young guy isn’t going to save this team. It’s up to kAT and DLo
:lol:
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:49 pm Don’t really care for the pick. A young guy isn’t going to save this team. It’s up to kAT and DLo
Bruh...
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This is one of those times I end up actually really wanting a player in the draft. I usually don't pay any attention. The other guys I wanted: Rubio; and Wiggins.....

Maybe I should be left wanting.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 pm
welll.......... that IS who we have $60M+ sunk into. and that's who we should expect the most out of. i don't think they are necessarily going to come thru - but those are our guys. and they are until further notice. and besides .... i don't think we're getting that pick.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:07 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 pm
welll.......... that IS who we have $60M+ sunk into. and that's who we should expect the most out of. i don't think they are necessarily going to come thru - but those are our guys. and they are until further notice. and besides .... i don't think we're getting that pick.
Oh there is no way we keep the pick. Only 40% chance at best.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:14 pm
Bruh...
A young 19 year old rookie isn’t saving this team or going to fight the ship.

It’s up to our two max players to lead the way.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Newsflash, Towns and DLO ain't leading to nothing but losses. They're on track to move Towns and i don't know what with DLO. They are probably going to reshuffle this whole thing around cause it ain't working.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Is this real life? Am I in an alternate universe? Like WTF? :lol:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Our only chance is to get the #1 pick and for Cunningham to be a generational level talent. That's it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 pm Our only chance is to get the #1 pick and for Cunningham to be a generational level talent. That's it.
If they get the number one pick and take anyone not named Cade Cunningham I’ll never watch this fuckin team again. I saw someone earlier in this thread mentioned taking Mobley. Are you kidding me? Cunningham looks incredible.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 pm Our only chance is to get the #1 pick and for Cunningham to be a generational level talent. That's it.
Evan Mobley would be a very nice consolation prize if we were to end up at number two.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:54 pm
Newsflash

This team has had 3 number one picks in Wiggins kAT and Edwards. What has changed?

Young guys don’t elevate a team. Trent Tucker says this all the time on In the Zone. A rookie 19 year old isn’t going to change things. Our vets need to lead.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:17 pm
Newsflash

This team has had 3 number one picks in Wiggins kAT and Edwards. What has changed?

Young guys don’t elevate a team. Trent Tucker says this all the time on In the Zone. A rookie 19 year old isn’t going to change things. Our vets need to lead.
KAT and DLo aren’t leading you to anything other than maybe an 8th seed if Edwards doesn’t develop and we don’t keep the 21 pick. Sorry fade.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Newsflash

So if they keep their pick, you want them to trade it?

They’ve backed themselves into a corner IMO where it probably makes sense to trade KAT with DLo somewhere just to shed the money and hope they keep their pick plus add another. It’s supposedly a loaded draft.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

T_J wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:56 am

Newsflash

They’ve backed themselves into a corner IMO where it probably makes sense to trade KAT with DLo somewhere just to shed the money and hope they keep their pick plus add another. It’s supposedly a loaded draft.
It is unfortunate, but I agree they backed themselves into a corner.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Rosas really fucked this trade up by not making it top 5. What was he thinking with a 40% chance of keeping the pick even if we finish with the worst record? Just dumb.
T_J

Post by T_J »

kilkenny wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:43 am Rosas really fucked this trade up by not making it top 5. What was he thinking with a 40% chance of keeping the pick even if we finish with the worst record? Just dumb.
And then to have the biggest off-season splash to make sure they were decent and on the rise toward playoff contention was to bring back Ricky Rubio.

#kahnnnnnn
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Newsflash

No that’s not my point. If we keep it great; if we don’t it’s okay too.

We can’t wait and hope the pick is what’s going to change this franchise.

Rosas hitched his wagon to KAT and DLo; our two max players. If they don’t right this ship, then it’s over for everyone.

How can you rebuild the team when it just got rebuilt last season again with an entire roster overhaul.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

It won't happen. Nothing good happens here. Give it up fellas. Curry, Jalen Green, Klay, Draymond, and Wiseman is going to look real nice.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:44 am

Newsflash

Rosas hitched his wagon to KAT and DLo; our two max players. If they don’t right this ship, then it’s over for everyone.

How can you rebuild the team when it just got rebuilt last season again with an entire roster overhaul.
Being it is really our only choice, sure we can.
T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:44 am

Newsflash

+1.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

If Golden St ends up with this pick i will hate the NBA.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
T_J

Post by T_J »

Couple fun tank notes.

Houston has lost 11 straight and we’re still 7 games worse in the loss column. Also 3 games worse on Detroit in the L column.

Bottom 3 record is all but confirmed. When is the lottery?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's amazing how bad houston got when christian wood went down with his injury. you wouldn't think that a young guy just coming into his own would have that big of an impact, but it sure looks like it. harden's traded on Jan 14th - the rockets proceed to win 8 of their next 12 games, wood really playing well - and then he's injured and they haven't won since. eleven straight losses with him out of the lineup.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:00 pm Anything and everything we need to do to get it. Tank the hell out of this thing.

Getting one of the top 3 this year could be franchise changing for us. Not getting a pick could be devastating for us.

Root for the losing! I hate doing it but Rosas put us in this situation.
This team is going to lose enough to finish bottom 3 without question - no rooting required. ;)
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:32 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:00 pm Anything and everything we need to do to get it. Tank the hell out of this thing.

Getting one of the top 3 this year could be franchise changing for us. Not getting a pick could be devastating for us.

Root for the losing! I hate doing it but Rosas put us in this situation.
This team is going to lose enough to finish bottom 3 without question - no rooting required. ;)
Right. Even if we "right the ship" so to speak and play better after the AS break, we're still all but guaranteed to be a bottom 3 team.

So that means there's about a 42% chance to bother watching next year, right?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov