Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

We NEED that pick THIS year!!

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: We NEED that pick THIS year!!

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:00 pm moot at this point because of the postponement of the game - but this is the one year anniversary of the death of his mom and the family was having a memorial get together.

i'll probably get kicked in the throat for this opinion - but i think it's another indication that he has a lot of maturing still to do. instead of telling his family, the day doesn't matter - let's have the observance on Tuesday - that way i can fulfill my commitment to the club. and it's probably what mom would want - this way i can play the game and dedicate it to her. it IS a commitment and no small one. because of injuries and Covid and a shortened season, Karl will only play about 50 games this year. he'll still make all his salary - nearly $30M. given his misses, this comes to around $578,000 for every game he plays. and everyone knows how badly we need him on the court.

before i get kicked in the throat over this and i know all families are different but i'll reveal that my own mom died a couple months back - and we're simply waiting for a safe time - whenever that will be - for everyone to gather for a memorial. the day doesn't matter. it will still be very meaningful.

life goes on.

as i said at the top though - moot point because of tonight's postponement.
Honestly, what does it matter if KAT will only play roughly 50 games this year? This is the worst team in the league. If we were even a borderline play off team I'd have a griped with it but not with how bad we were.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Just lose out I don’t care. It’s all about experience for the young guys. Next year we need to see some progress. Everything depends on that lottery pick however. That day can’t come fast enough. Nothing else matters
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:00 pm moot at this point because of the postponement of the game - but this is the one year anniversary of the death of his mom and the family was having a memorial get together.

i'll probably get kicked in the throat for this opinion - but i think it's another indication that he has a lot of maturing still to do. instead of telling his family, the day doesn't matter - let's have the observance on Tuesday - that way i can fulfill my commitment to the club. and it's probably what mom would want - this way i can play the game and dedicate it to her. it IS a commitment and no small one. because of injuries and Covid and a shortened season, Karl will only play about 50 games this year. he'll still make all his salary - nearly $30M. given his misses, this comes to around $578,000 for every game he plays. and everyone knows how badly we need him on the court.

before i get kicked in the throat over this and i know all families are different but i'll reveal that my own mom died a couple months back - and we're simply waiting for a safe time - whenever that will be - for everyone to gather for a memorial. the day doesn't matter. it will still be very meaningful.

life goes on.

as i said at the top though - moot point because of tonight's postponement.
Honestly, what does it matter if KAT will only play roughly 50 games this year? This is the worst team in the league. If we were even a borderline play off team I'd have a griped with it but not with how bad we were.
we'll probably wind up bottom three no matter what - it's a brutal schedule. but we need to win some games. most of the guys on this team will be here next year and they need to be successful and get some wins in their blood. cade or jalen aren't going to ride in here on a white horse like magic johnson or larry bird and instantly turn this franchise around. they're good players - but we have other just as good players already on the team. we need to see some wins with this group.

karl is the centerpiece of the team. when he doesn't play, we lose. and it's a huge commitment/obligation pact between him and the organization. plus, knowing what i've heard about his mom - she's be all in on that. karl, they are paying you an absurd amount of money to show up and play, so get your ass onto that court - that sort of thing. we've just talked OFTEN here about one of KAT's biggest weaknesses - and that's his maturity level - no news about that. this just seems like another example of it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 pm Just lose out I don’t care. It’s all about experience for the young guys. Next year we need to see some progress. Everything depends on that lottery pick however. That day can’t come fast enough. Nothing else matters
I have to agree. The amount of winning we do won't make a difference, as long as we're competing. We need that pick. Fuck Rosas for putting us in this position. :evil:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Calm down ladies. The Wolves still have a 3 game lead from falling out of the bottom 3.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

exactly. and we have a brutal schedule to finish off the year. nets-bucks-heat are our next three games, i believe. we are going to continue to lose a bunch of games. but we should try to win every one. and, if we happen to knock off the bucks or some other much better team than us, that is a great thing for this squad to experience. i'm sure jaden mcdaniels and Ant and a bunch of our young guys aren't hoping and praying that we can draft some 19 year old to "save" the team. they want to see what they themselves can do and how they themselves can win. and that's how it should be or else we've picked the wrong players to be on the team.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Big win for Orlando tonight! Very helpful.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 pm Big win for Orlando tonight! Very helpful.
Sweeeeeeet.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:23 pm
i'm starting to like the idea of mobley more and more - especially if we can make a trade for a later pick and get big big dude center as well. we still will need more strength and mobley won't bring that. someone HAS to want okogie or layman or culver or juancho, right?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

We've got games against Houston, Detroit and Orlando over the last 11. We're playing really well so it looks like we're going to be dumb and try to get as few ping pong balls as possible. We are also officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Is KAT hurting anywhere?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:05 am We've got games against Houston, Detroit and Orlando over the last 11. We're playing really well so it looks like we're going to be dumb and try to get as few ping pong balls as possible. We are also officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Is KAT hurting anywhere?
Maybe time for Culver to get 40 minutes a game?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Mobley would be the PF. I get the appeal, but still have him #4 right now.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 pm
Do you have Jalen Green above him?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:46 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 pm
Do you have Jalen Green above him?
Yes. Right now anyways.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if we're in that position to choose between green and mobley, i think it'd be foolish not to go mobley. both guys are rated about the same, and while we don't at all need another high scoring wing who demands the ball - we certainly could use a two way upgrade in the bigs.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:10 pm if we're in that position to choose between green and mobley, i think it'd be foolish not to go mobley. both guys are rated about the same, and while we don't at all need another high scoring wing who demands the ball - we certainly could use a two way upgrade in the bigs.
I think Green's upside is too high. Bigs are always risky. I can see the fit, but I would rather have a dynamic set of wings and go small with Mcdaniels or use Beasley at some point for a PF.

I find that preferable at this point. Either way nothing is foolish.
Fattymcgee

Post by Fattymcgee »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:51 am
kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:05 am We've got games against Houston, Detroit and Orlando over the last 11. We're playing really well so it looks like we're going to be dumb and try to get as few ping pong balls as possible. We are also officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Is KAT hurting anywhere?
You guys do realize that even with the worst record in the league we are unlikely to get our pick this year?
We would only have a 40% chance of keeping it.

Tanking would be stupid. It would only continue the two decade losing culture of this franchise. These guys need to learn how to win. What has 20 years of high draft picks done for us?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

We need nothing, Gasol will sign.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Fattymcgee wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Is KAT hurting anywhere?
You guys do realize that even with the worst record in the league we are unlikely to get our pick this year?

Tanking would be stupid. It would only continue the two decade losing culture of this franchise. These guys need to learn how to win. What has 20 years of high draft picks done for us?
Agree. Screw tanking for 5% better odds. We need to build a winning culture.. and I'm not gonna say that the lottery is rigged, but if it was, the NBA would reward a non tanking team. :beer:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Agree. Screw tanking for 5% better odds. We need to build a winning culture.. and I'm not gonna say that the lottery is rigged, but if it was, the NBA would reward a non tanking team. :beer:
Yawn.

Best way to develop a winning culture is to have good players. If we don't get the pick I suspect there is a good chance we move Towns. Keeping the pick is important. Yes we need to tank.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:07 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:10 pm if we're in that position to choose between green and mobley, i think it'd be foolish not to go mobley. both guys are rated about the same, and while we don't at all need another high scoring wing who demands the ball - we certainly could use a two way upgrade in the bigs.
I think Green's upside is too high. Bigs are always risky. I can see the fit, but I would rather have a dynamic set of wings and go small with Mcdaniels or use Beasley at some point for a PF.

i think we'll have an interesting time trying to find enough shots for everyone when beasley returns - let alone adding a green to that mix. mobley's ceiling is pretty high - and i haven't been that big on him as a college player. but he has tons of tools.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

I was making a Culver joke, you can see my posts in other threads that I am not aboard the tank train.

With this crew somewhat healthy I want them to show that they have something already in place to seriously build on and expect winning going forward.....the playoffs next year or bust. What I have seen after the All Star Break needs to continue and I’m hoping it gets stronger between now and the end of the season.

If they want to start winning consistently or more often than losing......now is fine with me.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I hear that for sure. But, injuries happen (KAT was hurting last game) and don't impede on that culture build imo. I think we're looking a lot better and will ride this into next year, but we need that pick and the best way is to finish bottom 3. Rosas really effed this up.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:09 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:07 pm

i think we'll have an interesting time trying to find enough shots for everyone when beasley returns - let alone adding a green to that mix. mobley's ceiling is pretty high - and i haven't been that big on him as a college player. but he has tons of tools.
I am not worried about shots and like I said Beasley probably gets moved at some point.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Huge win for Detroit tonight!
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

The NBA lottery is rigged as fuck, it doesn’t matter how many ping pong balls we have
j doggy dogg

Post by j doggy dogg »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:52 pm The NBA lottery is rigged as fuck, it doesn’t matter how many ping pong balls we have
So we are going to win it again regardless?? :drinky: Well then - let’s win as many as possible then!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

relevant standings as of the morning of the 27th.

cavs - 21-40 - .344
thunder - 20-41 - .328
pistons - 19-43 - .306
magic - 18-43 - .295
wolves - 18-44 - .290
rockets - 15-46 - .246
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wouldn't a loss to Houston tonight be wonderful?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: