Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Hawks vs Wolves gameday thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mlhouse

Re: *** Official Hawks vs Wolves gameday thread ***

Post by mlhouse »

Style wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:45 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 pm
Style wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:30 pm

What’s your official stance on Ryan Saunders’ Froob nickname “Squanders”?

Yay or nay?
I like to the extension "You Know" Ryan Squanders and give it a hearty endorsement as the name they fill in in his termination paperwork.

I feel sorry for the kid. Once they hired him they had to give him a fair shot. And they did. The fact is, it is beyond the time for his termination. I also am not surprised he did not work out either. He coached my son at basketball camp for two years. He said Ryan was not that swift.
I don’t know how old your son is or what competitive level, but that’s pretty telling that some amateur (no offense) wasn’t impressed with NBA HC coaching.

Imagine what the high end professionals think about the guy. A guy that’s fun to slug a few beers with at The Loon? Absolutely. A guy to improve my basketball abilities? Ahhh, no.
This was a while ago, more than a full decade. Squanders was still a player at the U.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 pm
SHAFA wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm I like looking at the box in the third quarter and seeing we’ve trotted out every single active player on the roster.
And I want a coach that separates himself. Can't always get what you want.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:21 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 pm doesn't matter. DLo pretty much "separated" himself again tonight - what the hell difference does that make going forward?
DLO is not a max player. Have no idea how he got that money, says a lot about the NBA. Just act you deserve the money and somebody will cough it up.

I thought there may be an issue with DLO and KAT figuring out who should be the crunch time leader.....DLO has clearly established it sure the fuck isn’t him.
i'm serious about what i said earlier about jordan clarkson. i'd rather have him on the team. this year he's averaging 18 ppg in 25 mins. makes $11.5M. everyone knows he's a no D scoring spark off the bench - that's what he does and he delivers nearly every night. i don't see how DLo is in any way better than that - only it's twisted to be a negative because we get his crappy D and uninspirational play/shrinking in big moments for 31 mpg and $29M. he's set up here as though he's a core player, but in reality, he'd be better suited in a clarkson role. that stinker he laid tonight in a matchup that one would think a young PG would live for - head to head against a hot young PG rival - was just an absolute no show. 43 points for trae - 9 for Dlo. what a gutless lemon we are stuck with.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

sh1mmyya wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 pm
SHAFA wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm I like looking at the box in the third quarter and seeing we’ve trotted out every single active player on the roster.
Yep, he's a fucking clown. Separate yourself! now hit the bench while I let another guy try to separate himself NOPE, different guy now. How the fuck do you separate yourself when you play 5 good possessions and hit the pine. At least the shill Peterson finally FINALLY fucking said ya know maybe it might be better rather than just taking a 3 or driving right to the best defensive C in the league to you know......pull up for TIME OUT! Did you think about shooting a 10 foot jumper? Hit the pine while we give another guy a chance to separate.

And my god! :lol: What a loser bum that Capela is. Did he even take a 3? And look how tall he is. Big goof. I can see why the BRAIN TRUST in Hou wanted to get rid of him. What a bum. What does he even add to the team? Not 3's that's for sure. 20 rebounds and 10 blocks. What a fool. Thank god we don't have to use a roster spot on a bum like him. He can't even play 2 guard.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:48 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 pm doesn't matter. DLo pretty much "separated" himself again tonight - what the hell difference does that make going forward?
DLO is not a max player. Have no idea how he got that money, says a lot about the NBA. Just act you deserve the money and somebody will cough it up.

I thought there may be an issue with DLO and KAT figuring out who should be the crunch time leader.....DLO has clearly established it sure the fuck isn’t him.
i'm serious about what i said earlier about jordan clarkson. i'd rather have him on the team. this year he's averaging 18 ppg in 25 mins. makes $11.5M. everyone knows he's a no D scoring spark off the bench - that's what he does and he delivers nearly every night. i don't see how DLo is in any way better than that - only it's twisted to be a negative because we get his crappy D and uninspirational play/shrinking in big moments for 31 mpg and $29M. he's set up here as though he's a core player, but in reality, he'd be better suited in a clarkson role. that stinker he laid tonight in a matchup that one would think a young PG would live for - head to head against a hot young PG rival - was just an absolute no show. 43 points for trae - 9 for Dlo. what a gutless lemon we are stuck with.
It’s kind of ugly. As a straight up PG who would be better for the Wolves as a Team, I would say Rubio is actually a better PG for this Team. He can make others better and he understands the game more than DLO.

Rubio is learning to be a backup and the level of talent he is playing with isn’t as experienced or as high as the starting PG. On the other hand DLO can do things Rubio just can’t do, but the Wolves are finding as we are that those things he’s good at and the things he ends up being really bad at add up to lots of losses.

The hope has to be that when KAT and DLO play together they end up optimizing the best qualities in each other’s games. Them together needs to be exponentially better than them by themselves.

KAT needs to come back and Rosas needs to address his gaffe at PF before there can be an honest assessment of how to move forward.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:04 am

Yep, he's a fucking clown. Separate yourself! now hit the bench while I let another guy try to separate himself NOPE, different guy now. How the fuck do you separate yourself when you play 5 good possessions and hit the pine. At least the shill Peterson finally FINALLY fucking said ya know maybe it might be better rather than just taking a 3 or driving right to the best defensive C in the league to you know......pull up for TIME OUT! Did you think about shooting a 10 foot jumper? Hit the pine while we give another guy a chance to separate.

And my god! :lol: What a loser bum that Capela is. Did he even take a 3? And look how tall he is. Big goof. I can see why the BRAIN TRUST in Hou wanted to get rid of him. What a bum. What does he even add to the team? Not 3's that's for sure. 20 rebounds and 10 blocks. What a fool. Thank god we don't have to use a roster spot on a bum like him. He can't even play 2 guard.
Lol usually your rants are unhinged, but this one is good!

:bday:
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
T_J

Post by T_J »

Does he not realize this is the exact reason why no one is consistent? Jerking minutes around and not having a pretty set 8 man rotation is why there is zero synergy and every single guy on the roster is underperforming.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Style wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:45 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 pm
Style wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:30 pm

What’s your official stance on Ryan Saunders’ Froob nickname “Squanders”?

Yay or nay?
I like to the extension "You Know" Ryan Squanders and give it a hearty endorsement as the name they fill in in his termination paperwork.

I feel sorry for the kid. Once they hired him they had to give him a fair shot. And they did. The fact is, it is beyond the time for his termination. I also am not surprised he did not work out either. He coached my son at basketball camp for two years. He said Ryan was not that swift.
I don’t know how old your son is or what competitive level, but that’s pretty telling that some amateur (no offense) wasn’t impressed with NBA HC coaching.

Imagine what the high end professionals think about the guy. A guy that’s fun to slug a few beers with at The Loon? Absolutely. A guy to improve my basketball abilities? Ahhh, no.
I played against him in high school a couple times. He was bleh at best...yet he ended up on the Gophs somehow....odd how he ended up coaching an NBA team in basically the same fashion.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I think "Squanders" is a brilliant nickname. Surprised no one thought of it when Flip was coach, but Flip was never this bad. The son is outdoing the father in the 'sucking as HC' division.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

need to get back on the horse tonight. HOWL!
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:48 pm

Yeah - it's pretty common in the NBA for middling players who were high draft picks to be over-rated and over-compensated for most of their careers. DLO and Wiggy both fit very nicely into that category.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:14 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:04 am

Lol usually your rants are unhinged, but this one is good!

:bday:
Everything I say is exactly the same. Well founded in FACT and all tied to the one obvious flaw in our team. The shit bag owner hired a tiny dick little dwarf who thinks he invented a new game, is killing everyone at it, and got a little scared rent boy to pretend to coach and insulate him from the half wits who can't figure it out.

Congratulation on crossing the half way mark.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:45 am need to get back on the horse tonight. HOWL!
I'm sure you meant under not on.

And I'm sure you meant donkey not horse.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Night Train wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:33 am I think "Squanders" is a brilliant nickname. Surprised no one thought of it when Flip was coach, but Flip was never this bad. The son is outdoing the father in the 'sucking as HC' division.
Don't even bring that no basketball knowledge shit in here. The rent boy is tarnishing his fathers name with every game he "coaches" Coaches being a euphemism for getting ass rammed by your boss and then um........telling everyone how you are doing it right in the post game.......umm..........ya know...... getting back to getting worked. Flip was an excellent coach who had more pages in his playbook than you have read in your entire life. The rent boy has one play. Miss a 3, drive to a big and turn it over, or hit the pine. Then he takes it in the postgame press conference because he loves taking it.

Ryan loves the fresh taste of Rosas balls because they have never been in a jock strap. That's who the shit bag hires. Enjoy the few minutes of liking the future of Edwards and McDaniels because we are fucking their careers. In a couple of months.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Edwards has gone to the line twice in the last 6 games. How is that even possible with all the drives he's had and 56 shots?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:45 am Edwards has gone to the line twice in the last 6 games. How is that even possible with all the drives he's had and 56 shots?
because officiating in the nba has evolved into a joke.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm Can someone with photoshop skills put Bernie in our stands with nobody around him please!!

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm Can someone with photoshop skills put Bernie in our stands with nobody around him please!!

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:34 pm The Rockets should not have traded Capela. Dude is such a monster.
I agree with Eric Gordon.

shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Oh I get it. It's like private tryouts...

But this is public....

And the points matter
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:53 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:45 am Edwards has gone to the line twice in the last 6 games. How is that even possible with all the drives he's had and 56 shots?
because officiating in the nba has evolved into a joke.
He has sucked, but at least a quarter of those were indeed fouls. If he had on a Harden jersey 75% of those would have been called.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

shoteh wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:52 am

Oh I get it. It's like private tryouts...

But this is public....

And the points matter
Saunders is too much of a players coach. This buddy system thing he's doing by giving everyone minutes isn't working.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

The tank is on.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:10 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:34 pm The Rockets should not have traded Capela. Dude is such a monster.
I agree with Eric Gordon.

different kinds of players, but houston did alright winning the christian wood sweepstakes.

capela - 14.2 ppg 14.5 rpg 2.3 bpg - shoots zero threes
wood - 23.5 ppg 10.8 rpg 1.8 bpg - 21 of 58 this year from three (36%)

if you want to shake your head in wonderment at anyone - aim it at detroit for letting wood walk away for nothing. mason plumlee hardly seems like a suitable consolation prize.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:10 pm The tank is on.

Healthy max player needs a rest after playing 21 minutes yesterday.
Style

Post by Style »

T_J wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:22 pm

This is a game we can afford to lose.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Style wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:53 pm
T_J wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:22 pm

This is a game we can afford to lose.
who are we kidding? whether Dlo plays or not has no bearing on our ability to win a game right now. he's not a difference maker. i'm sort of wishing that he stays a wolf thru the end of his contract in three years - he'll be making $31M+ that final year. and then.... when no one wants him on a new contract... we'll sign him for $5M - and he'll assume his true nba identity as simply a bench scorer.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

At least if DLO and Rubio are out, we won't have to watch any of the horseshit 2 PG lineup tonight. Although Rubio likely starts and Saunders has him and JMAC play together, which is ridiculous but he'll do it anyway.
Let's get Tropical