Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**** Orlando Magic (6-8) vs Minnesota TWolves (3-9) - 7pm CT - FSN ****

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Will the Wolves Beat the Magic Tonight?

Yes, we will finally get back on course
29%
No, no chance. Bad roster & bad coaching
71%

Total votes: 21

Bob Wiley

Re: **** Orlando Magic (6-8) vs Minnesota TWolves (3-9) - 7pm CT - FSN ****

Post by Bob Wiley »

That loss must have been so deflating to the players. And heartbreaking for Vanderbilt.

I am happy for McDaniels though, despite being 14 years old, he showed some real ability.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Style

Post by Style »

DLo just doesn’t have the size or athleticism to be a true max player stud.

Nice player. Not a true difference maker.

We’re paying for a Porsche and driving a Camry.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Does anyone still have a boner for trading for Gordon after watching him last night? I sure hope not.
Let's get Tropical
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

What's the common theme for this organization throughout the years? Year after year here we are. We need to cut off the head to make a culture change here.

Glen Taylor needs to sell.
T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 pm
He might literally be just a fucking idiot. I'm not even talking bball IQ which is obvious he is lacking, but like generally....he might be a stupid person.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

That dude learns absolutely nothing from losses. Mistake after mistake, but hey, keep doing it your way Ryan you dumb motherfucker.
Let's get Tropical
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Dwayne Bacon tweeted "Snitches loses every time" or something yesterday after their win. Love that dude now. I guess Russell was talking all kinds of crazy shit to him during the game and then blew it.
Style

Post by Style »

T_J wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:28 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 pm
He might literally be just a fucking idiot. I'm not even talking bball IQ which is obvious he is lacking, but like generally....he might be a stupid person.
:lol: :lol:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

He says “you know” about a hundred times per interview.

He just slurs it too.

“Yngow”

In the business world, that disqualifies you from any hire and probably you don’t even get an in-person interview.

When I hear someone talk like that I think “they need to go to Toastmasters and take it seriously”.

EDIT:

I just watched that clip and he said “you know” (actually “yngow”) TWENTY SEVEN TIMES in under four minutes of talking. :lol:

It’s called a crutch word and people use them to fill up space when they don’t know what to say.

Finally, there’s just never a need to say “you know” in an interview.

WE DON’T KNOW, RYAN. That’s why we’re asking you.
Style

Post by Style »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:43 pm He says “you know” about a hundred times per interview.

He just slurs it too.

“Yngow”

In the business world, that disqualifies you from any hire and probably you don’t even get an in-person interview.

When I hear someone talk like that I think “they need to go to Toastmasters and take it seriously”.

EDIT:

I just watched that clip and he said “you know” (actually “yngow”) TWENTY SEVEN TIMES in under four minutes of talking. :lol:

It’s called a crutch word and people use them to fill up space when they don’t know what to say.

:lol:
Style

Post by Style »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:17 pm Dwayne Bacon tweeted "Snitches loses every time" or something yesterday after their win. Love that dude now. I guess Russell was talking all kinds of crazy shit to him during the game and then blew it.
A scrub I’ve never heard of comes flying in from the top rope to go after our max player’s head!
T_J

Post by T_J »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:43 pm He says “you know” about a hundred times per interview.

He just slurs it too.

“Yngow”

EDIT:

Lol. I’ve got multiple coworkers who do this in meetings. It’s better to just have a pause while you’re speaking than to fill it with this. It’s worse than multiple “ums.”
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Kris Dunn has You Know syndrome too. He caught it from Kobe I think who caught it from Jordan.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Style

Post by Style »

I’d love a pay per view channel of an unfiltered game. Players talking, shoes squeaking, etc.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:29 pm
This needs more play. So Malik is jogging because he doesn't agree with Saunders? Maybe he doesn't know why. Either way it's alarming to me. Either the player isn't smart enough to understand, doesn't agree with the coach or doesn't care enough. All are bad.

Bottom line, we run a cush organization where certain players can do whatever without consequence.
T_J

Post by T_J »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 am
This needs more play. So Malik is jogging because he doesn't agree with Saunders? Maybe he doesn't know why. Either way it's alarming to me. Either the player isn't smart enough to understand, doesn't agree with the coach or doesn't care enough. All are bad.

Bottom line, we run a cush organization where certain players can do whatever without consequence.
I'm going to take shit for this, but do we really think a guy who was arrested for pointing a gun and someone for basically nothing, who is also cheating on his wife with multiple people, is going to play hard for a coach who doesn't have a fucking clue? Not to mention he just got paid so what's his motivation at this point?

There's good reason Denver wanted to dump him. It wasn't because they didn't want to pay him, it's because he's a fucking pile of shit and we locked him up for 4 years.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:26 am

I'm going to take shit for this, but do we really think a guy who was arrested for pointing a gun and someone for basically nothing, who is also cheating on his wife with multiple people, is going to play hard for a coach who doesn't have a fucking clue? Not to mention he just got paid so what's his motivation at this point?

There's good reason Denver wanted to dump him. It wasn't because they didn't want to pay him, it's because he's a fucking pile of shit and we locked him up for 4 years.
Denver offered 3 for 30 and he said no.... and they got a first round pick for him essentially. I don't disagree on the first paragraph.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 am

Denver offered 3 for 30 and he said no.... and they got a first round pick for him essentially. I don't disagree on the first paragraph.
Dump was probably the wrong word. Good on him though....doubled that 3/30 offer.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

His motivation should be to start, play minutes, and be a part of winning. If that's not clear to him, he should not have the starting and playing minutes part. That's what has always been the problem with this place, they let slackers slack.
T_J

Post by T_J »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am

His motivation should be to start, play minutes, and be a part of winning. If that's not clear to him, he should not have the starting and playing minutes part. That's what has always been the problem with this place, they let slackers slack.
I agree, but he's been paid for the next few years and this team stinks to high hell...they can't bench him.

How in the hell do you lock up a guy for 3-4 years when he was just charged with a felony btw?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 am

Dump was probably the wrong word. Good on him though....doubled that 3/30 offer.
When a player is willing to accept a team option that means he took a no brainer deal for the first three years.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I just voted "no."
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I only listened to the game on the radio so I totally missed this nugget. Does anyone have a clip of him jogging up?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:19 am

I only listened to the game on the radio so I totally missed this nugget. Does anyone have a clip of him jogging up?
No one will ever accuse Beasley of being smart.

Beasley has probably very rarely been in that position and had no clue what they were screaming at him to do. He will likely learn from this though.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

If my coach was a blooming idiot that looked like a My Buddy doll that got shoved up a horse's ass to style its hair, I wouldn't listen very often either.

The fact that we're now learning that Vanterpool is making the call on substitutions in late game situations tells me this situation's about to get ugly.

Every team in the league had no training camp and new players to figure out and no team looks remotely as messed up as this one. They quit in every game.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

The real problem is that MElikeguns Beasley is our second best player
T_J

Post by T_J »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm If my coach was a blooming idiot that looked like a My Buddy doll that got shoved up a horse's ass to style its hair, I wouldn't listen very often either.

The fact that we're now learning that Vanterpool is making the call on substitutions in late game situations tells me this situation's about to get ugly.

Every team in the league had no training camp and new players to figure out and no team looks remotely as messed up as this one. They quit in every game.
They also had 10 months and basically the same roster as last year to plan this show and they're somehow even worse now.

Even if Towns had been healthy every game, I still think they're under .500.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Bullazin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 pm The real problem is that MElikeguns Beasley is our second best player
well, then we are finally getting something right. DLo should be third or fourth best player on a good team. we just have to amp up #s 1 and 2 and we've got that third best spot covered.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

T_J wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 pm
irishman89 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm If my coach was a blooming idiot that looked like a My Buddy doll that got shoved up a horse's ass to style its hair, I wouldn't listen very often either.

They also had 10 months and basically the same roster as last year to plan this show and they're somehow even worse now.

Even if Towns had been healthy every game, I still think they're under .500.
Agreed. This team still isn't good with Towns in there.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master