Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KAT Has COVID

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jffl_commish

Re: KAT Has COVID

Post by jffl_commish »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:41 am I don't want to get into a political fight about vaccines in basketball chat, so I'll just say I'm surprised by this; especially given what his former teammate Towns has been through.

I saw this re-tweeted a few times yesterday. Phenomenal response.

Let's get Tropical
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:41 am I don't want to get into a political fight about vaccines in basketball chat, so I'll just say I'm surprised by this; especially given what his former teammate Towns has been through.

:lol:
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 am

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Did we just find the one shot that he will not take? :shock:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Would not be surprised if Towns missed a game or two with his immune response to the vaccine. It's worse when you've had COVID, from what I understand.

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am

Would not be surprised if Towns missed a game or two with his immune response to the vaccine. It's worse when you've had COVID, from what I understand.
I got the John son and johnson vaccine and felt like death like next day

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:11 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am

Yeah. I had a coworker who had Covid a couple months ago miss two days after her first Pfizer dose. Second one didn’t hit her as hard. Which was the reverse for me (no Covid). First one did nothing, but second one set me back a bit.

- Isaac Asimov
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Unpopular opinion of mine - KAT doesn't need to miss multiple games for a memorial. Taylor has a private plane to get him back/forth.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

qrocks wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 pm Unpopular opinion of mine - KAT doesn't need to miss multiple games for a memorial. Taylor has a private plane to get him back/forth.
Tactical tanking. He might not need to moss multiple games, but in a race for last place, it's easy to say "hey, go ahead and take your time, KAT"
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

qrocks wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 pm Unpopular opinion of mine - KAT doesn't need to miss multiple games for a memorial. Taylor has a private plane to get him back/forth.
i have the same unpopular opinion. this would all play better i think if he said that his family could hold the memorial at some time when it wouldn't interfere with games. that wouldn't be a big deal at all - and probably something his mom could get behind. you know, fulfill your commitments.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Fattymcgee

Post by Fattymcgee »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:14 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status ... 14083?s=20

Yeah. I had a coworker who had Covid a couple months ago miss two days after her first Pfizer dose. Second one didn’t hit her as hard. Which was the reverse for me (no Covid). First one did nothing, but second one set me back a bit.
I had COVID in November and my 1st dose and 2nd dose of the vaccine kicked my butt for a day or two. No way I could've played the next day after the vaccine, the 2nd day after maybe limited minutes.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

had my 2nd pfizer dose on Tuesday and felt like crap all day yesterday. better so far today. i think that's fairly normal. my 17 year old, who got his 2nd dose same time i did, stayed in bed all day yesterday with a temp around 101.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 am had my 2nd pfizer dose on Tuesday and felt like crap all day yesterday. better so far today. i think that's fairly normal. my 17 year old, who got his 2nd dose same time i did, stayed in bed all day yesterday with a temp around 101.
I get my first Pfizer dose on Monday. Was scheduled for the J&J yesterday but they canceled.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

I didn't know there was a "rip on KAT for sitting out on a postponed day game to remember his mother who died of covid" phase of hating him.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:43 pm I didn't know there was a "rip on KAT for sitting out on a postponed day game to remember his mother who died of covid" phase of hating him.
All the people who hate watching him play basketball are outraged because they can’t watch him play basketball.

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:40 pm
boxter432 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:43 pm I didn't know there was a "rip on KAT for sitting out on a postponed day game to remember his mother who died of covid" phase of hating him.
All the people who hate watching him play basketball are outraged because they can’t watch him play basketball.
to interject some reality into this discussion: KAT is a really excellent offensive talent who has been a pretty terrible defender in the nba. do we have an argument here? no. that's just the truth. if froobs are down on KAT it's probably just a reaction to watching his team get thrashed by opponents' offenses over and over again. and KAT has been a big part of that thrashing. if you want a better wolves team you will also want KAT to start manning up on the defensive side of the ball. it's the only way we will get anywhere.

as for his skipping the games - yes, there are other times to hold a memorial. there's nothing set in stone about having to hold a get together on the one year mark. i know this. my own mother passed away a little over two months ago - we'll hold a celebration of life when it's the right time for everybody. my mom certainly wouldn't mind - and KAT's mom wouldn't mind either. my guess, knowing what i've read about her, is that she'd want her son to fulfill his obligations - rather than get paid over a million dollars to not show up on two game days. it speaks to his maturity level, which is another facet of KAT that has been discussed here constantly - and with merit.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:16 pm
to interject some reality into this discussion: KAT is a really excellent offensive talent who has been a pretty terrible defender in the nba. do we have an argument here? no. that's just the truth. if froobs are down on KAT it's probably just a reaction to watching his team get thrashed by opponents' offenses over and over again. and KAT has been a big part of that thrashing. if you want a better wolves team you will also want KAT to start manning up on the defensive side of the ball. it's the only way we will get anywhere.

as for his skipping the games - yes, there are other times to hold a memorial. there's nothing set in stone about having to hold a get together on the one year mark. i know this. my own mother passed away a little over two months ago - we'll hold a celebration of life when it's the right time for everybody. my mom certainly wouldn't mind - and KAT's mom wouldn't mind either. my guess, knowing what i've read about her, is that she'd want her son to fulfill his obligations - rather than get paid over a million dollars to not show up on two game days. it speaks to his maturity level, which is another facet of KAT that has been discussed here constantly - and with merit.
Towns is by far the best player on the team. If we want to improve the W/L line, maybe focus on the players that suck and not the ones that are actually good.

And he can grieve however he and his family choses to. You have no right to dictate that. You can bitch about it if you want. But that reveals you and says nothing about him.

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

whatever. KAT does need to focus on the defensive end though as well - and doing that would help our W/L record big time. why do you think it's so hard to find the right PF to pair with him? it's because we need a defensive beast who ALSO has some offense to him to play in today's league. not the easiest find. plus i do have the right to call immaturity out when i see it. most froobs acknowledge that about KAT. it's been a problem with him all along and you've got the blinders on if you ignore it.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:46 pm whatever. KAT does need to focus on the defensive end though as well - and doing that would help our W/L record big time. why do you think it's so hard to find the right PF to pair with him? it's because we need a defensive beast who ALSO has some offense to him to play in today's league. not the easiest find. plus i do have the right to call immaturity out when i see it. most froobs acknowledge that about KAT. it's been a problem with him all along and you've got the blinders on if you ignore it.
Please list all the PFs we've paired with Towns and their careers before and after the Wolves so we can properly judge Towns inability to be paired within context.

Towns has flaws. Yes he does. But not nearly as many as the rest of the roster.

Are you suggesting that grieving is a sign of immaturity?

- Isaac Asimov
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

KAT's last 10 is pretty solid...28.8ppg/13.5reb/5.5ast/1.3blk

Trade his ass.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:01 pm KAT's last 10 is pretty solid...28.8ppg/13.5reb/5.5ast/1.3blk

Trade his ass.
If we do lose our pick, despite the sarcasm, I would at least take calls. That being said, I really hope we keep our top three pick and build around Ant with KAT and either Suggs or Cunningham.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:38 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:01 pm KAT's last 10 is pretty solid...28.8ppg/13.5reb/5.5ast/1.3blk

Trade his ass.
If we do lose our pick, despite the sarcasm, I would at least take calls. That being said, I really hope we keep our top three pick and build around Ant with KAT and either Suggs or Cunningham.
It would have to be some major blockbuster can’t say no kinda thing. Not a first and an expiring and a young guy kinda thing.

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Towns is by far the best player on the team. If we want to improve the W/L line, maybe focus on the players that suck and not the ones that are actually good.

And he can grieve however he and his family choses to. You have no right to dictate that. You can bitch about it if you want. But that reveals you and says nothing about him.
Ding ding ding ding ding

KAT is the last problem on this team and lots like to rag on him as if he's problem #1

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Ding ding ding ding ding

KAT is the last problem on this team and lots like to rag on him as if he's problem #1
People are mad he's not KG where just by being on the team you get 40 wins.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:59 pm

Trade his ass.
It would have to be some major blockbuster can’t say no kinda thing. Not a first and an expiring and a young guy kinda thing.
Absolutely....this isn't knee jerk, his value is high because of his age, production, and contract....and because he's very good. I'm not trying to move him at all. I would love him surrounded by an elite set of perimeter shooters and slashers. That being said, if someone offers a lotto pick, a young starter, and a legit role player with a future first, I'm going to at least take the call. And that's not because I'm hating on KAT, it's because I think Ant is that much of a stud. KAT is a great pairing with him, but if we miss out and someone offers us the house, I'm not mad for Gerson saying, "sup".
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Absolutely....this isn't knee jerk, his value is high because of his age, production, and contract....and because he's very good. I'm not trying to move him at all. I would love him surrounded by an elite set of perimeter shooters and slashers. That being said, if someone offers a lotto pick, a young starter, and a legit role player with a future first, I'm going to at least take the call. And that's not because I'm hating on KAT, it's because I think Ant is that much of a stud. KAT is a great pairing with him, but if we miss out and someone offers us the house, I'm not mad for Gerson saying, "sup".
In a vacuum, of course you do your due diligence on every player and offer and whatever.

But I’m not shopping him. And I’m not moving him for any offer we’d realistically get.

And I’m sick of the philosophy anyway. We get really, really talented players and build around them poorly. Then we blame them for the few things they cannot do (that nobody else on the team does either) and ship them off for and start over.

We had KG and half the fan base blamed him for not winning at a high level. First year out of here: championship.

Al Jefferson wasn’t great, but he was a player surrounded by complete shit and we blamed him and shipped him off (the acl didn’t help). Then Kevin Love. Good player. Flawed. Ship him off and do it again. I’m sick of this ride. Let’s actually build smartly around Towns and then if he can’t win we can talk about moving him. Otherwise, we just ship him off and prepare to build stupidly around Edwards until we start blaming him for everything too and turn on him.

Towns has flaws, but he isn’t the fucking problem. The organization is the problem. I’m sick of being the farm team for other franchises.
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:59 pm

Ding ding ding ding ding

Half the fans wanted KG gone. If you don’t remember, I remember.

- Isaac Asimov
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 pm

In a vacuum, of course you do your due diligence on every player and offer and whatever.

But I’m not shopping him. And I’m not moving him for any offer we’d realistically get.

And I’m sick of the philosophy anyway. We get really, really talented players and build around them poorly. Then we blame them for the few things they cannot do (that nobody else on the team does either) and ship them off for and start over.

We had KG and half the fan base blamed him for not winning at a high level. First year out of here: championship.

Al Jefferson wasn’t great, but he was a player surrounded by complete shit and we blamed him and shipped him off (the acl didn’t help). Then Kevin Love. Good player. Flawed. Ship him off and do it again. I’m sick of this ride. Let’s actually build smartly around Towns and then if he can’t win we can talk about loving him. Otherwise, we just ship him off and prepare to build stupidly around Edwards until we start blaming him for everything too and turn on him.

Towns has flaws, but he isn’t the fucking problem. The organization is the problem. I’m sick of being the farm team for other franchises.
I agree...I'm not in the camp that I want to move him at all. However, if we lose our pick and someone offers the house, I still am okay with people talking only because he could command a lot in return. We have no incentive to move him, a shooting big with his skillset is useful to any team, including us. On the last part, the organization is a problem....but Gerson nailed this last years draft, we brought in a guy that clearly knows a bit more than Ryan, we are making strides. This year, more than anything, I blame health. Yeah, Beas got his time served, but missing KAT for a long time, then Dlo, all while Rubio was eating shit the first half of the year. I don't blame the organization this year, and I have optimism going forward. Because of KAT, but specifically, because of Edwards. Keeping our pick will make us as fans much at ease and I think would finally turn the corner for us. We will have enough assets and young talent to really make noise. We always say this, but we're better than what our record is right now.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Fattymcgee wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:10 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:14 am

I had COVID in November and my 1st dose and 2nd dose of the vaccine kicked my butt for a day or two. No way I could've played the next day after the vaccine, the 2nd day after maybe limited minutes.
Did you guys get Pfizer or Moderna
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:59 pm

Ding ding ding ding ding

Half the fans wanted KG gone. If you don’t remember, I remember.
I remember and so does Pepperidge Farms.