Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gersson Rosas Interview on Saunder’s future & Power Forward

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Will Saunders Last the Season?

Yes, Wolves will compete & Ryan will last
31%
No, Wolves will lose & Vanterpool will be HC
69%

Total votes: 13

Moses Scurry

Re: Gersson Rosas Interview on Saunder’s future & Power Forward

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 am Glen should try the opposite next year. Everytime he talks about expecting the play offs we end up.... Not to put it nicely.

Next year he should publicly say he expects the Wolves to be trash and win the lottery. Guarantee you that we'd end up a top 4 western conference team
Glen Taylor should pull a George Costanza and do the opposite of his instincts!
Well, this is kind of scary. Check the time stamps.

Re: Who should the next head coach be?
Post by Moses Scurry » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

Sam Cassell.

Ties to team. Pg so he knows the game. Nice guy with large balls. Wouldn't take shit from these fucking pussy ass millennials.

Get Ryan the fuck out of here.

Fucking Saunders running his lineups like it's 4th grade BB where everyone gets to play.

We have about 3 NBA quality starters on this squad (towns..when his vagina doesn't hurt, Russel, Beasley) and some bench fodder in Edwards, Culver, Vandy, Naz, etc.

Wiseman starts for a good team, but Edwards can't for a horrible, horrible, horrible team. Saunders is a little twerp.

Seriously, offer Dallas 500 million for Carlisle.

Dlo, Beas, Edwards, Naz, Towns should start, Culver, Vandy and Bricky off the bench. Everyone else should be unloaded. Layman looked good 2 years ago, he's fucked at this point. Okogie sucks, Hernangomez is shit and the rest should be in the d-league.

It all goes back to the Butler saga. If the wolves said, andrew is not going to get any better, and at least ponied up and paid butler, we wouldn't be where we are now. Butler and Towns with no output from wiggins was fucking 3 seed. We have 3 wins so far this season.

Every decision we make is wrong. Time for Costanza and do the opposite from now on.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:32 am
YBBR wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 am Glen should try the opposite next year. Everytime he talks about expecting the play offs we end up.... Not to put it nicely.

Next year he should publicly say he expects the Wolves to be trash and win the lottery. Guarantee you that we'd end up a top 4 western conference team
Glen Taylor should pull a George Costanza and do the opposite of his instincts!
Well, this is kind of scary. Check the time stamps.

Re: Who should the next head coach be?
Post by Moses Scurry » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

Sam Cassell.

Ties to team. Pg so he knows the game. Nice guy with large balls. Wouldn't take shit from these fucking pussy ass millennials.

Get Ryan the fuck out of here.

Fucking Saunders running his lineups like it's 4th grade BB where everyone gets to play.

We have about 3 NBA quality starters on this squad (towns..when his vagina doesn't hurt, Russel, Beasley) and some bench fodder in Edwards, Culver, Vandy, Naz, etc.

Wiseman starts for a good team, but Edwards can't for a horrible, horrible, horrible team. Saunders is a little twerp.

Seriously, offer Dallas 500 million for Carlisle.

Dlo, Beas, Edwards, Naz, Towns should start, Culver, Vandy and Bricky off the bench. Everyone else should be unloaded. Layman looked good 2 years ago, he's fucked at this point. Okogie sucks, Hernangomez is shit and the rest should be in the d-league.

It all goes back to the Butler saga. If the wolves said, andrew is not going to get any better, and at least ponied up and paid butler, we wouldn't be where we are now. Butler and Towns with no output from wiggins was fucking 3 seed. We have 3 wins so far this season.

Every decision we make is wrong. Time for Costanza and do the opposite from now on.
Great minds my dude. Great minds. Or George Costanza is a touchstone in our natural decision making processes.

What would George do?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:23 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:44 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:45 pm It took Saunders 12 games to realize playing two bigs together has its advantages lol Smh
Any chance Gorgui wants to come back?
I still cannot figure out why in the hell he traded Dieng in the first place. 1-1 for James Johnson?
In hindsight it looks very, very bad. I love Ricky.... and supported bringing him back but I can't say what they've done has worked well.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:25 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:23 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Any chance Gorgui wants to come back?
I still cannot figure out why in the hell he traded Dieng in the first place. 1-1 for James Johnson?
In hindsight it looks very, very bad. I love Ricky.... and supported bringing him back but I can't say what they've done has worked well.
Less so because of Rubio and the fact that they jettisoned James Johnson and didn't have a replacement in the wings or signed a decent one during free agency. Maybe that was the plan but it didn't happen.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Dieng to JJ to Rubio. Its like they want to use this expiring for salary to bring in another star. I think that's been the plan but I feel like the rest of the team is holding their dick in their hands waiting on this mythical PF.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

If Gersson Rosas doesn’t fire Ryan Saunders tomorrow, he can leave after this season as well. I don’t care anymore. “We’re going to be diligent, thorough, question the norm” BS doesn’t mean anything. Minnesota Timberwolves record speaks for itself. You are the worst in the NBA!
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
populousample

Post by populousample »

I wouldn’t mind if we lived and died by McDaniels and Vandy at the 4 this year if we had a competent coach that didn’t S(q)uander games.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

On the new Dane Moore Podcast, he admitted that it’s been hard for him and local media to be critical on Ryan Saunders because Ryan is such a good human being snd treats them much better than Thibs did.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

His direct quote was, “I’ve given Ryan more rope than he deserves because he treated me like a human being. He called me when I lost my job at zone coverage and we talked about why we both deserved our jobs in the NBA.”
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Style

Post by Style »

populousample wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:19 am I wouldn’t mind if we lived and died by McDaniels and Vandy at the 4 this year if we had a competent coach that didn’t S(q)uander games.
This is good. We can’t let this one go to waste.

Ryan Squanders. So beautiful.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:34 pm
Doogie is having a meltdown. On Russell:

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:06 pm
Doogie is having a meltdown. On Russell:

Looks like he finally got something right.

DHoe is a BUSTA!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

Doogie speaking the obvious truths.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Has there ever been a more incompetent organization from owner on down than the Timberstiffies?
Let's get Tropical
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 pm Dieng to JJ to Rubio. Its like they want to use this expiring for salary to bring in another star. I think that's been the plan but I feel like the rest of the team is holding their dick in their hands waiting on this mythical PF.
Maybe they are waiting for you and the idiot to figure out that JJ is an expiring and the brick is not.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Doogie rips the entire coaching staff. Anyone hoping for Vanterpool is likely hoping for failure.

Doogie doesn’t believe any of the current staff should even be a candidate for interim coach, pretty damning stuff.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:25 pm
Doogie rips the entire coaching staff. Anyone hoping for Vanterpool is likely hoping for failure.

Doogie doesn’t believe any of the current staff should even be a candidate for interim coach, pretty damning stuff.
Let kid Saunders have the year.

Tank as bad as possible.

Fire the whole entire staff next year and bring someone new in.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Tank as bad as possible.

Doogie basically says - Once a GM starts getting rid of coaches the accountability becomes focused on them and then they are on the hot seat.

Why isn’t this true in Vikings World?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:52 pm Doogie speaking the obvious truths.
Doogie doesn't know even the obvious truth. He just parrots what he's told. There are scant few people who understand basketball at all anymore because they are slaves to the trends. Every trend is the way it is and will stay forever and no one remembers the utterly simple. Basketball is always the same. Defend or lose. Rebound or lose. Efficiency is not as important as possessions.

Anyone with half a basketball mind can see the one and only way you get legit production and an enhanced chance to win from him. He needs to come off the bench as the 6th man. It is so fucking obvious. He of course also needs to have a legit coach and GM to acquire and play the "Iverson" supporting cast off the bench. Big, good defenders, and selfless extra possession getters. All he is good at is hunting shots so let him off the bench. He is one of the best shot creators and makers in the game. But his hunting takes away from other good starting players games and it does not enhance what they do well at all. You know who compliments him? Crazy energy tough guys who will defend, set hard screens, and chase down misses. Guys who can hit a 3 or attack hard when Russell is stopped after 20 seconds of hunting. You get the best of him,mitigate the worst of him and you only need to play him with starterswhen he's hot and they are not.

The starters should be Edwards/Beasley/Culver/Vanderbilt/Kitty Culver should be interchangable with McDaniels. Said 1 million times you are better off with zero PG's if they need the ball than with 2. Rubio is the stupidest addition to a team ever. JMac could start with Russell playing the 2 and be much better but we have 10 fucking 2's who need to play and all can't play 3 against starters. My starting 5 has great size, far superior D and rebounding, and would have superior passing and ball movement as Russell is an overhandler. Russell off the bench with JMac/Okogie/McDaniels/Naz/

Rubio, Hermanmunster, Layman, should never see the floor again. But none of this will happen because it makes too much sense and would lead to wins.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:37 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Tank as bad as possible.

Doogie basically says - Once a GM starts getting rid of coaches the accountability becomes focused on them and then they are on the hot seat.

Why isn’t this true in Vikings World?
Cool so now Doogie just parroting me. Told you from the start that the rent boy is not the coach he's the yes man for the idiot. And the idiot will keep him because it is his last ditch insulation and because he could never EVER get a legit coach to go in for his ridiculous half witted attempt to revolutionize basketball with his ingenious no D, all 3's, height is a disadvantage plan. And D genius Vanterpool crafting the worst D every year and saying jack shit? Yep leader.

Did I remind you that you all bought it?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:30 pm
Lulz.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

That dude is so dumb, and proves it over and over.
Let's get Tropical
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:52 pm That dude is so dumb, and proves it over and over.
You know?

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:30 pm
"high hopes". Now that's the way to run a basketball team! :roll:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:13 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 pm Dieng to JJ to Rubio. Its like they want to use this expiring for salary to bring in another star. I think that's been the plan but I feel like the rest of the team is holding their dick in their hands waiting on this mythical PF.
Maybe they are waiting for you and the idiot to figure out that JJ is an expiring and the brick is not.
Yes, they are deferring it a year because he can't get anything done. Try to keep up.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:13 pm
Yes, they are deferring it a year because he can't get anything done. Try to keep up.
The world is ours! Suckers!

But you can't count.