Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Glen Taylor Not Selling the Team?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
populousample

Re: Glen Taylor Not Selling the Team?

Post by populousample »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:34 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:06 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:01 pm

For real.
Wait... You are saying the Wolves may move to LV?
yes
Cue Mark Davis
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm not following them if they move. why would i follow a team that is no longer based in Minny? when you look at how miserable their history has been, OF COURSE the only reason i ever followed them was because they were a minnesota team. precious few thrills over the years to make up for the bullshit. they move and it'd make as much sense for me to follow the charlotte hornets. and if they leave? not the worst outcome. seriously.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

salamander wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:48 pm Taylor > Pohlads
Take your meds

Get a TV

Learn to read

Look up playoffs

Glen Taylor is the worst owner in the history of modern sports. Look it up
Style

Post by Style »

Oof, losing the Wolves would make the long MN winters even longer.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:00 pm i'm not following them if they move. why would i follow a team that is no longer based in Minny? when you look at how miserable their history has been, OF COURSE the only reason i ever followed them was because they were a minnesota team. precious few thrills over the years to make up for the bullshit. they move and it'd make as much sense for me to follow the charlotte hornets. and if they leave? not the worst outcome. seriously.
Why do you follow a team that flies 2 fingers in your face all along whining YOU don't spend enough on them and that's why they can't compete? I follow them hoping for an increasingly grizzly demise of the thief and his grifter GM.

Let's hear from all the Taylor lovers who give him credit for keeping 20 wins a year in town while pocketing 1 billion dollars on his ownership. 1 billion :lol: This complete piece of shit turned down 1 billion because he knows he can run out a complete no compete team for all the fools who think this is another rebuild.Worst fans get the worst owner. I hope they sell and move. Won't have to deal with the worst owner and GM in modern sports history and won't have to deal with the idiots who love and TRUST them.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:09 pm Oof, losing the Wolves would make the long MN winters even longer.
Well the Gophers are awesome but so is the Big Ten so you can still watch an occasional 30 point blowout. Just not every night. And they are STUPID tall because they are STUPID!

I'm sure there is a small town Jr High team out there that can give you all the Wolves can. Short, bad, poorly coached, little pansy leader, fruity PG wearing the world's ugliest Easter bonnet.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:18 pm
Style wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:09 pm Oof, losing the Wolves would make the long MN winters even longer.
Well the Gophers are awesome but so is the Big Ten so you can still watch an occasional 30 point blowout. Just not every night. And they are STUPID tall because they are STUPID!

I'm sure there is a small town Jr High team out there that can give you all the Wolves can. Short, bad, poorly coached, little pansy leader, fruity PG wearing the world's ugliest Easter bonnet.
Yeah, thanks, but I don’t think so.

I’d badly miss the Wolves. Glass half full would be the hoops fans in this state completely turning their attention to the Gophers.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Style wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:22 pm

I’d badly miss the Wolves. Glass half full would be the hoops fans in this state completely turning their attention to the Gophers.
normally, or in years past, i would share your sentiments. but they've worn me out. mgmt seems fixeadly intent on making the shittiest moves possible. it's like their purpose in life is to make sure the wolves suck.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Style

Post by Style »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:26 pm
Style wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:22 pm

normally, or in years past, i would share your sentiments. but they've worn me out. mgmt seems fixeadly intent on making the shittiest moves possible. it's like their purpose in life is to make sure the wolves suck.
Maybe I’m setting myself up for disappointment, but I’ve held out Hope a new owner could right the ship.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:03 am If they move, I’m done with them.

However this is what is known for facts and not Hersey

Taylor and Strauss deal was set for 1.4 billion but since no fans in attendance this year, Strauss revised his offer to be $100 million less than agreed price. Glen balked and backed out.

Windhorst said that a Vegas group was willing to pay 1.8+ billion for the wolves to move to Vegas but Glen said no and doesn’t want his legacy to be known as moving the team because that is what Howard Schwartz legacy is for selling the Sonics even though his headquarters is in Seattle, everyone and the entire city/state hate him forever snd he regrets it to this day.

Windhorst says Glen doesn’t want that for himself.
This team doesn't have the fan base that Seattle did. Very few people in Minnesota are going to care if this team moves. It's sad but true.

I really hope they don't move but I don't see some big movement by the people of Minnesota if they try to leave. This is by far the least popular mens pro sports team here.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:08 pm I can't say much more on here (although there are a few people I'd trust to give more details to) but it sounds like LV is currently the way everything is heading.
So what do you say the percent chance is?

Is this just something that could maybe happen or is this seriously looking like an option?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:46 pm

Taylor and Strauss deal was set for 1.4 billion but since no fans in attendance this year, Strauss revised his offer to be $100 million less than agreed price. Glen balked and backed out.

Windhorst said that a Vegas group was willing to pay 1.8+ billion for the wolves to move to Vegas but Glen said no and doesn’t want his legacy to be known as moving the team because that is what Howard Schwartz legacy is for selling the Sonics even though his headquarters is in Seattle, everyone and the entire city/state hate him forever snd he regrets it to this day.

This team doesn't have the fan base that Seattle did. Very few people in Minnesota are going to care if this team moves. It's sad but true.

I really hope they don't move but I don't see some big movement by the people of Minnesota if they try to leave. This is by far the least popular mens pro sports team here.
and who is to blame for fan disinterest? management. they've so consistently trotted out a crappy product that no one cares. it's like you go to a wolves game like you might go to a movie. you could be a fireworks demolition guy and still count the number of "good" twolves squads on one hand. a pitiful .395 overall win percentage. they've been over .500 in 8 of their 32 seasons. that is a trail of miserable ball.
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:58 pm Do we still keep following the team if it moves to Las Vegas?
Nope
Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
populousample

Post by populousample »

So what will they change their name to once they relocate to Las Vegas? The Bust or The Craps? Can we just drop The Timberwolves name now and rebrand them The 2020’s?
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Bon Scott wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:59 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:58 pm Do we still keep following the team if it moves to Las Vegas?
Nope
As simple as it goes. :thumbsup:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

populousample wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:17 pm So what will they change their name to once they relocate to Las Vegas? The Bust or The Craps? Can we just drop The Timberwolves name now and rebrand them The 2020’s?
Las Vegas Spades.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Man this would sure suck.

At least many here would be happy because Taylor didn’t own the Team anymore.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

If you moved out of Minnesota, would you still be a Wolves fan? I did 10 years ago. Maybe I made a mistake.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:46 pm

I think there are a ton of basketball fans here in the state.... and when you put a winning product on the floor or give them reason to cheer... you get sell outs. They did well for attendance with Butler here and the team winning. But it's a joke of a franchise... and when they could have fans in the last couple years post Butler, they kept the prices out of range while it was a bad team.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Style

Post by Style »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:51 am If you moved out of Minnesota, would you still be a Wolves fan? I did 10 years ago. Maybe I made a mistake.
My buddy has been moving around the US for the past few years. He's stayed a dedicated Wolves fan through the process. I think his ultimate plan is to eventually come back to MN so that might be a factor. I think I'd stay a fan unless I developed permanent roots somewhere else and then just hop on the wagon of that market's team.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

fanbase support of this franchise far outweighs what glen and mgmt have done thru the years to actually put together a winning team.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

To me, moving away and the team staying in your home state is different than your team leaving your home state.

If I moved away, Minnesota will always be home so I will root for the MN teams.

If a team leaves MN, they are done to me. I don’t root for the Dallas Stars or La Lakers.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:56 am To me, moving away and the team staying in your home state is different than your team leaving your home state.

If a team leaves MN, they are done to me. I don’t root for the Dallas Stars or La Lakers.
I'm not enough of a hockey fan to know but I am curious on the Stars what hardcore fans of that team did.... of course hockey was back here what, 7-8 years later?

And I'd be surprised if anyone on this board is old enough to even remember the Lakers when they were here..... do we have a lot of posters over age 60-65?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Let me make this perfectly clear for the 1000th time. NBA is not turning away expansion money so Taylor can get a little more (the complete puke.) Any of you that think the hero is fighting for us fans is a complete moron and twat. When has he ever EVER chosen the team or fans over money?

I'm waiting.

He knows damn well that the NBA will not let him sell to an owner that will try to move the team. This is fake ass Trump level.........make that Rosas level, grifter BS. Just like when the totally unbiased Star Tribune claims he loses 20 mil a year on the team. Stop falling for it you fucking rubes. You are the reason he keeps doing it. Because you fall for it EVERY TIME.

Get bent Taylor you complete puke thief.
boo

Post by boo »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:56 am To me, moving away and the team staying in your home state is different than your team leaving your home state.

I moved away from North Dakota/Minnesota a long time ago. But my sports teams had been fully established. I still watch every vikings game and all the wolves games (god i'm dumb).

A team moving though, is a team that is dead to me even if I don't live there.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Las Vegas Wolves sounds better by the day
Let's get Tropical
T_J

Post by T_J »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:34 am The Las Vegas Wolves sounds better by the day
I’m rooting for them to be the Las Vegas Aces.

CC Beef for the idea.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am Let me make this perfectly clear for the 1000th time. NBA is not turning away expansion money so Taylor can get a little more (the complete puke.) Any of you that think the hero is fighting for us fans is a complete moron and twat. When has he ever EVER chosen the team or fans over money?

I'm waiting.

He knows damn well that the NBA will not let him sell to an owner that will try to move the team. This is fake ass Trump level.........make that Rosas level, grifter BS. Just like when the totally unbiased Star Tribune claims he loses 20 mil a year on the team. Stop falling for it you fucking rubes. You are the reason he keeps doing it. Because you fall for it EVERY TIME.

Get bent Taylor you complete puke thief.
Why would the NBA care who he sells them to and if they move them? As long as there are other markets out there with a desire for a team... expansion rumors include Seattle, Vegas, KC.. or do they go to Mexico City, Vancouver, Montreal... ?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Sell the team Glen! You fucked with your fans long enough.