Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Training Camp/Media Day thread***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

***Official Training Camp/Media Day thread***

Post by kilkenny »

Apparently starts next Tuesday Dec 1st.

Can't believe we haven't seen our Wolves for over 8 months.
Philo Beddoe

Re: ***Official Training Camp/Media Day thread***

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I am looking forward to the season. Shortened season with 72 games, there is going to be a game every other night..

I am confident the Wolves will not let us down this year.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
witljon

Post by witljon »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 am I am looking forward to the season. Shortened season with 72 games, there is going to be a game every other night..

I don’t know if the team is confident in that...
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

witljon wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 am I am looking forward to the season. Shortened season with 72 games, there is going to be a game every other night..

I don’t know if the team is confident in that...
They should hire me to be their Tony Robbins. I will take the job for $500K per year and courtside season tickets. Just as long as they don't ever have Jeff Teague back on the team.
j2j

Post by j2j »

It's been a peaceful and stress free 8 months, too.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
boo

Post by boo »

Every year, the time before I give up all hope and realize the wolves will never win is so much fun.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Best part is we just need to finish top 10 to get a play in game!
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Any 3 on 3 with practice squad king of the court drama we're missing out on?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

any girlfriends switched partners yet?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Let's get to know these guys. Man, Ryan had to talk about smiles at 5:48...comon we don't need any more smiley kids, we need hard workers

AE at 4:40 - :thumbsup:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

these kids are so young. is there one LINE on edwards face?!? got the face of a 7th grader.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

j2j wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:18 am It's been a peaceful and stress free 8 months, too.
Unless your name is Thrillkill.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

They haven't lost in over 260 days. Has to be a team record!
Style

Post by Style »

bombers3shooter wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:59 pm They haven't lost in over 260 days. Has to be a team record!
Definitely! Unfortunately they also haven’t won in over 260 days. I don’t think that’s a team record though.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Three pre-season games for the Wolves.

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:00 pm Three pre-season games for the Wolves.

3-0
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

j2j wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:18 am It's been a peaceful and stress free 8 months, too.
Serenity now!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
j doggy dogg

Post by j doggy dogg »

Doesn't that mean we get new height measurements at beginning of training camp? See if Edwards is 6'3, 6'6, or 6'8 yet......Also see if any of the other players grow/shrink an inch from last years measurements.....
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

It really is bizarre seeing the league go from the draft, to free agency, to its first preseason game in a span of 24 days.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:37 am It really is bizarre seeing the league go from the draft, to free agency, to its first preseason game in a span of 24 days.
I think the shortened season and time off helps Teams like the Wolves. This young team should come in hungry and want to play and be on the court as much as possible. Vets from the bubble teams are likely going to demand less time on the court due to not getting enough off-season rest.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Corre Ricky Corre

1 more day!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:00 pm Three pre-season games for the Wolves.

Minnesota really needs to pass Memphis this year... Ja is a stud, Jaren Jackson and Branden Clarke have a lot of promise... but Minnesota needs to perform better than them this year given you have two max guys and Rubio/Beasley making good money now too.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:01 am

Minnesota really needs to pass Memphis this year... Ja is a stud, Jaren Jackson and Branden Clarke have a lot of promise... but Minnesota needs to perform better than them this year given you have two max guys and Rubio/Beasley making good money now too.
Memphis is in that young up and coming phase... having a stud PG helps... but without some vets on the team, I think they will not be ready for prime time.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:45 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:01 am

Memphis is in that young up and coming phase... having a stud PG helps... but without some vets on the team, I think they will not be ready for prime time.
I was surprised on their rise last year... but they clearly came back to earth in the bubble. Wolves need to surpass them for sure.

OKC on paper is the only for sure lesser team... Kings and Grizzlies have some good young pieces but Minnesota needs to get past them. That gets you to 12th in the west... then looking at teams like the Spurs, Suns, Warriors (without Klay... they're a Steph injury away from free falling again) and Pelicans. If Steph is healthy i think they join the 8 below... still hoping Harden goes east and Houston takes a step back. But the Spurs, Suns (even with CP3 and Booker) and New Orleans.. Minnesota has to be on the same level as those teams in order to have a competitive season. All those teams would be in the top 10 in the east!

Nuggets, Jazz, Rockets (current roster), Lakers, Clippers, Mavericks, Blazers are all locks right now for top 10.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Corre Ricky Corre

I think a lot of vets will sit out games early in the season. We need to steal wins and start hot and just hope to hang on...
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

People think this is a rebuilding year for the Wolves. Its not.

This is a make or break year for the Wolves. Our young stars are not rookies anymore... they are 25 year olds. They are veterans. If this team cannot compete for at the very least a 6-8 seed then nothing will change next year or the year after. This is it, sadly if it doesn't work then its time to do another over haul.

I dont think Gerosas wanted Saunders as coach, but the circumstances dictated it. If this team gets off to a slow start, its going to fall on the coaches head. The best thing that can happen right now is for Glenn Taylor to sell the team, new ownership will not feel an obligation to Ryan Saunders and it would be easier for Gerosa to pull the trigger.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:37 pm I think a lot of vets will sit out games early in the season. We need to steal wins and start hot and just hope to hang on...
Was thinking this too. I think you're going to see a lot of "load management" from guys like LeBron, Durant and Kawhi.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:52 pm People think this is a rebuilding year for the Wolves. Its not.

This is a make or break year for the Wolves. Our young stars are not rookies anymore... they are 25 year olds. They are veterans. If this team cannot compete for at the very least a 6-8 seed then nothing will change next year or the year after. This is it, sadly if it doesn't work then its time to do another over haul.

I dont think Gerosas wanted Saunders as coach, but the circumstances dictated it. If this team gets off to a slow start, its going to fall on the coaches head. The best thing that can happen right now is for Glenn Taylor to sell the team, new ownership will not feel an obligation to Ryan Saunders and it would be easier for Gerosa to pull the trigger.
The problem with the NBA is that you need a top 5 guy and a top 20 guy to compete for a championship. We have two former all stars, but our season depends on Edwards.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:50 am Best part is we just need to finish top 10 to get a play in game!
That's the nice part? An extra 2 spots we still won't sniff is nice? The only spots that should concern you are the top 3 picks in the draft. Well I take that back. Team shrink is a spot to watch. Maybe he can put the whammy on Towns and Russell to defend and on the idiot to pick up his boss and drive off a cliff.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Bob Wiley wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:23 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:52 pm People think this is a rebuilding year for the Wolves. Its not.

The problem with the NBA is that you need a top 5 guy and a top 20 guy to compete for a championship. We have two former all stars, but our season depends on Edwards.
Nope. You need a team. Nope our season does not depend on Edwards. As always with these morons it depends on if they will get their ego's out of the way of our players talents. You watch a Wplves team play exactly to their weaknesses, not address those weaknesses in any way, not fill the roster, and you think ity's because we don't have Lebron? I will assume you are one of the exactly zero who had Butler as a top 5 player and Bam as top 20. Not sure what you were doing during the playoffs. I missed the top 5 and 20 combo's on Den and Bos too.