Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The TWolves PF position

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

The TWolves PF position

Post by LordNu »

Soooo, as discussed ad nauseam, our F position is completely whack.

We have just re-signed a PF I consider to be a back up in Hernangomez; we have a project in Vanderbilt (and Daniels) waiting in the wings but still probably not ready; we have this unknown situation with a starting PF in Spellman; and we have a rookie in Edwards who is growing at a rapid rate actually getting to a size that could potentially place him as a PF (he can play the position now in small ball).

Still a little bit of money and ability to trade for a PF, but as it stands, we have some players for the position.

What is the best way going forward? Try Spellman out? Hope Edwards grows another 3-4 inches in a month?

Discuss all things PF.
thinktank

Re: The TWolves PF position

Post by thinktank »

I wouldn’t bet on Spellman.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

As it stands, Juancho starts, & Layman backs him up.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Dubs wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:38 pm As it stands, Juancho starts, & Layman backs him up.
So as it stands, we’re killing it!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Trade Spellman and Evans to the Cavs and bring back Jordan Bell!!!

That frees up one space to also resign Jmac as the 3rd PG
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

So trying to dig up more on Spellman. He requested a buyout when traded and the Wolves considered it for a moment before declining. Whether that happened before or after the Press Conference I can't find, but he was sent to the G-League for what Britt Robson called a "snit".
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

just traded spellman and evans for ed davis.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that's an okay move - i wish we could have seen what spellman had, but i've usually been an ed davis fan. certainly fits the bill as a steady vet - and gives us a legit 4/5 who can play minutes at either spot. had a nothing year this year - not sure why - but the previous year he was really solid.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Ed Davis isn’t useless. I’ll take it.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Polishing a turd.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

AHahahaha they traded the two guys I said they would
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hate to break it to you, but not exactly rocket surgery.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Well, there we have it. Rosas took note that we had concerns at the PF position after I made the thread.
j2j

Post by j2j »

LordNu wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm Well, there we have it. Rosas took note that we had concerns at the PF position after I made the thread.
LordNu has pull! LordNu for GM!
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

T_J

Post by T_J »

He must have a nice smile. Glad we got em.....
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

LordNu wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm Well, there we have it. Rosas took note that we had concerns at the PF position after I made the thread.
good work abe. i think it was about 20 minutes from the time you posted till the time it was resolved.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

We’re comin!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

T_J wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 pm He must have a nice smile. Glad we got em.....
I was going to respond to the 1.8ppg post about ow his smile +/- was hovering around 24spg
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

LordNu wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:32 pm Soooo, as discussed ad nauseam, our F position is completely whack.

We have just re-signed a PF I consider to be a back up in Hernangomez; we have a project in Vanderbilt (and Daniels) waiting in the wings but still probably not ready; we have this unknown situation with a starting PF in Spellman; and we have a rookie in Edwards who is growing at a rapid rate actually getting to a size that could potentially place him as a PF (he can play the position now in small ball).

Still a little bit of money and ability to trade for a PF, but as it stands, we have some players for the position.

What is the best way going forward? Try Spellman out? Hope Edwards grows another 3-4 inches in a month?

Discuss all things PF.
Dude patience. Comon it's only been 48 hours since FA started. jp I guess Ed Davis it is.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Ed Davis going to chew up that glass.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."