Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Beasley back 4 for 60

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Rusty Kuntz

Re: Beasley back 4 for 60

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm

You can't sign him to what is most likely his full asking price before the incident unless you know it's misdemeanors and getting dropped or settled. No idea where and if suspension is in the play, but so as long as it's not more than 10 games, I don't mind it considering what he brings. KAT basically didn't play and we were dropping bombs all over the place....a lot from Dlo, but a very heavy amount from Beasley. I think Dlo, Beas, and Ant are the first three with Rubio off the bench as the 6th man. This also makes now two contracts that can be sent off for a max player with Beas and Rubio, so it does make a deadline deal that much more possible depending on how things roll for us this year.
Ricky has 2 years left, this is a 3+1 no?
Absolutely, but teams that deal star players want guys that can play in return plus young pieces. Rubio is expiring next year, which is useful...and both he and Beasley can make our team and others better with their skillsets. But yes, those are the deals. But before the draft, we had one trade piece that had substantial salary, now we have two that aren't our "star" pillar players. I don't think we need to swing for the fences per say, but having two deals that equal a max salary help facilitate such a move. I think we're a PF away from being a playoff team. Gotta stay healthy, but even if Edwards isn't an absolute beast, we've got a lot of fire power to deal with.
Gotcha, and that makes a ton of sense. Good point :beer:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm

You can't sign him to what is most likely his full asking price before the incident unless you know it's misdemeanors and getting dropped or settled. No idea where and if suspension is in the play, but so as long as it's not more than 10 games, I don't mind it considering what he brings. KAT basically didn't play and we were dropping bombs all over the place....a lot from Dlo, but a very heavy amount from Beasley. I think Dlo, Beas, and Ant are the first three with Rubio off the bench as the 6th man. This also makes now two contracts that can be sent off for a max player with Beas and Rubio, so it does make a deadline deal that much more possible depending on how things roll for us this year.
Absolutely, but teams that deal star players want guys that can play in return plus young pieces. Rubio is expiring next year, which is useful...and both he and Beasley can make our team and others better with their skillsets. But yes, those are the deals. But before the draft, we had one trade piece that had substantial salary, now we have two that aren't our "star" pillar players. I don't think we need to swing for the fences per say, but having two deals that equal a max salary help facilitate such a move. I think we're a PF away from being a playoff team. Gotta stay healthy, but even if Edwards isn't an absolute beast, we've got a lot of fire power to deal with.
Its hard to say...looking at the roster from a talent perspective it's definitely better.

Russell/Rubio
Beasley/Okogie/Culver
Edwards/Layman
Juancho/Vanderbilt?/Spellman?
Towns/Naz

Rubio running the 2nd team show and getting easy buckets to cutters like Okogie and maybe Culver will probably look nice. They are a better team, how much better we'll need to see.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Great move
populousample

Post by populousample »

Rosas talks to much.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

He’s making less than rubio. It’s a good deal
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 pm :lol:

..... DUDE
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

populousample wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:21 pm Rosas talks to much.
:thumbsup:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

YBBR wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Its hard to say...looking at the roster from a talent perspective it's definitely better.

Russell/Rubio
Beasley/Okogie/Culver
Edwards/Layman
Juancho/Vanderbilt?/Spellman?
Towns/Naz

Rubio running the 2nd team show and getting easy buckets to cutters like Okogie and maybe Culver will probably look nice. They are a better team, how much better we'll need to see.
But that's the thing, that should be what we want to see every year, getting better every year. We've got two guys on the roster before Rosas started the show, we're a better team than when he took over, it's not even up for argument. I would love for us to have a stud PF, but we are a better team than last year and KAT is healthy. Healthy KAT, deeper bench, and ability to stretch the floor. Night and day difference from the previous regime. We should be happy more so than skeptical.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

LordNu wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 pm

..... DUDE
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 pm

..... DUDE
It’s a great line... :clap:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

We need to get someone on the payroll who goes to Malik's house in the morning and smacks him over the head every day when he wakes up and says to him "Do not do stupid shit today!" We need that guy.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I really liked how he played when he got here. The Wolves must have some info that his off-court stuff isn't going to amount to anything.
Let's get Tropical
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Good move
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm We need to get someone on the payroll who goes to Malik's house in the morning and smacks him over the head every day when he wakes up and says to him "Do not do stupid shit today!" We need that guy.
How much does that guy get paid?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

YBBR wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm We need to get someone on the payroll who goes to Malik's house in the morning and smacks him over the head every day when he wakes up and says to him "Do not do stupid shit today!" We need that guy.
Or just a live-in stoner who’s hogging the bong every morning before Beas can get to it.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @jrborman13: Malik Beasley had dinner with Gersson Rosas, Ryan Saunders, and company tonight to lock in his 4-year, $60M deal.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 pm Rubio, Okogie, and Edwards off the bench will be killer.
Lets examine what this means. You have a team that is a 24 win team (if you extrapolate to e full 82 game season). You get the first overall pick. You make that pick AND HE IS FUCKING COMING OFF THE BENCH?

Terrible team, yet the guy you draft at #1 aint good enough to start? Or is blocked from starting because of your IMMENSE talent ahead of him?

IF the sum total of talent additions we have to this team is Anthony Edwards and Ricky Rubio, which it is, means another long, long year.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:23 pm
irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 pm Rubio, Okogie, and Edwards off the bench will be killer.
Lets examine what this means. You have a team that is a 24 win team (if you extrapolate to e full 82 game season). You get the first overall pick. You make that pick AND HE IS FUCKING COMING OFF THE BENCH?

Terrible team, yet the guy you draft at #1 aint good enough to start? Or is blocked from starting because of your IMMENSE talent ahead of him?

IF the sum total of talent additions we have to this team is Anthony Edwards and Ricky Rubio, which it is, means another long, long year.
I agree, I think Edwards starts.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:38 pm

I agree, I think Edwards starts.
From the onset? I doubt it.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Calm down, Rasheed. It's not uncommon for rookies to be given a little bit of responsibility at a time to build them up slowly and then unleash them when the time is right. This is hardly something to lose your cool discussing, my goodness.
j2j

Post by j2j »

If Edwards doesn't start they fucked that draft up even worse than I thought. We're not winning games this year, no reason to ease him in.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 pm If Edwards doesn't start they fucked that draft up even worse than I thought. We're not winning games this year, no reason to ease him in.
This is my problem too.

Why did we acquire Rubio if we're managing in a moneyball style?

Rubio is efficient but he's a win-now player during, I hate to say it, an era that is strategically best used for development and asset acquisition.

Rubio goes against the developmental demand-grain best embodied by Edwards.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @jakepaynting: KAT and D’Lo both seem to approve of Beasley’s return.
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
populousample

Post by populousample »

Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:15 pm RT @jrborman13: Malik Beasley had dinner with Gersson Rosas, Ryan Saunders, and company tonight to lock in his 4-year, $60M deal.
Looks like CCT footage? At least no gun play
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

thinktank wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:07 pm
j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 pm If Edwards doesn't start they fucked that draft up even worse than I thought. We're not winning games this year, no reason to ease him in.
This is my problem too.

Rubio is efficient but he's a win-now player during, I hate to say it, an era that is strategically best used for development and asset acquisition.

Listen, I’m pretty clearly not anti Rosas in any way. My comments and support for him on WC has been consistent. But the Rubio trade and now doubling down on another guard for 4 years 60 million is troubling. We should be developing and getting clear minutes for Edwards, Culver, and Okogie. Even Nowell. Instead it’s this half way bs where the Wolves are trading for an expensive vet who doesn’t fit Rosas preferred style, and paying a guy who optimally would be the 4th guard 15 million per season without letting him get an offer sheet. If Edwards is playing behind Beasley and Rubio and Culver on a regular basis, what the fuck is this organization doing? And if it’s Culver that’s the odd man out, what, you’ve given up on the 6th overall pick that can still develop because we need Ricky Rubio and Beasley immensely?
j2j

Post by j2j »

This is my problem too.

Exactly.

Rosas started with a plan where you pay impact players and fill role players with bargains. This year he seems to be going away from that.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

He'll start. I won't say he starts day one, with a truncated pre-season and all that, but he'll start. I have 0 concern about that.

I think we need to prepare for a lot of small ball with 3 of Rubio, Russell, Edwards, and Beasley on the court at the same time. Sometimes all 4.

In the ideal world, a trade involving Culver and whatever for a half-way decent 4 would open up. And maybe it will. Maybe it won't.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 pm
This is my problem too.

Exactly.

Rosas started with a plan where you pay impact players and fill role players with bargains. This year he seems to be going away from that.
Trust The PROSAS...
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

KAT didn't play much with Dlo and Beasley.

So you are kind of adding KAT to the team. That's a big deal
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

For the record I think Edwards is going to start.

In fact, I would wager he is going to lead the team in minutes.

He fits small ball at the 4
He fits standard ball at the 3
He fits big ball at the 2

You can't say that about anyone else on team.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion