Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Beasley back 4 for 60

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

Re: Beasley back 4 for 60

Post by kilkenny »

How much weed can he buy with that? Dude's gonna be high all the time.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Small ball fellas, small ball. Make other teams guard us :beer:
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Wonder how many times we will see a line-up of Rubio, DLO, Beasley, Edwards, KAT?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:59 pm I didn't think he'd get his full 15 after his incident. But it tells us two things, we clearly are not worried about the legal troubles and we value a sharp shooter in the lineup....and I fully agree. Losing him, at least now, will significantly reduce our firepower, even if it were at 10 million and he was off the bench. Interested to see what we do for PF, but I love the fact that we retained him.
Yeah, before the incident I would've been happy with 15/yr. I am going to trust the Wolves who should have all of the information.
You can't sign him to what is most likely his full asking price before the incident unless you know it's misdemeanors and getting dropped or settled. No idea where and if suspension is in the play, but so as long as it's not more than 10 games, I don't mind it considering what he brings. KAT basically didn't play and we were dropping bombs all over the place....a lot from Dlo, but a very heavy amount from Beasley. I think Dlo, Beas, and Ant are the first three with Rubio off the bench as the 6th man. This also makes now two contracts that can be sent off for a max player with Beas and Rubio, so it does make a deadline deal that much more possible depending on how things roll for us this year.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm Wonder how many times we will see a line-up of Rubio, DLO, Beasley, Edwards, KAT?
I mean that's pretty much all we got with Okogie and JC. Small ball!!
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Can he be used in a trade immediately or is there some type of waiting period? He could be a great asset.

As a player he is worth that money, as a citizen - I would be happy to see him move on.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:59 pm I didn't think he'd get his full 15 after his incident. But it tells us two things, we clearly are not worried about the legal troubles and we value a sharp shooter in the lineup....and I fully agree. Losing him, at least now, will significantly reduce our firepower, even if it were at 10 million and he was off the bench. Interested to see what we do for PF, but I love the fact that we retained him.
Yeah, before the incident I would've been happy with 15/yr. I am going to trust the Wolves who should have all of the information.
You can't sign him to what is most likely his full asking price before the incident unless you know it's misdemeanors and getting dropped or settled. No idea where and if suspension is in the play, but so as long as it's not more than 10 games, I don't mind it considering what he brings. KAT basically didn't play and we were dropping bombs all over the place....a lot from Dlo, but a very heavy amount from Beasley. I think Dlo, Beas, and Ant are the first three with Rubio off the bench as the 6th man. This also makes now two contracts that can be sent off for a max player with Beas and Rubio, so it does make a deadline deal that much more possible depending on how things roll for us this year.
Ricky has 2 years left, this is a 3+1 no?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm Can he be used in a trade immediately or is there some type of waiting period? He could be a great asset.

As a player he is worth that money, as a citizen - I would be happy to see him move on.
Pretty sure under old system you couldn’t trade a player until like December 15th that you signed after July 1...with season starting later not sure what new date would be
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm Can he be used in a trade immediately or is there some type of waiting period? He could be a great asset.

Here is your answer so looks like March 3:

RT @BobbyMarks42: Trade rules for free agents signing contracts

Signed: Nov. 22-Dec. 13

Restriction lifted on Feb. 6

Signed: Nov. 22-Dec. 20 (own FA w/20% increase from previous year)

Restriction lifted on March 3
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

I am fine with it, since it is a 3 + 1.
Tell your story walkin'!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm Wonder how many times we will see a line-up of Rubio, DLO, Beasley, Edwards, KAT?
I’d imagine frequently. That’s the 5 most talented players on the team.

That should be the finishing lineup. Maybe some switches offense for defense if it’s that tight of a game.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:18 pm
I’d imagine frequently. That’s the 5 most talented players on the team.

That should be the finishing lineup. Maybe some switches offense for defense if it’s that tight of a game.
Agree Beefy :beer:
boo

Post by boo »

I’m curious how much of that 60 million is in the last year.
Can they do that in the NBA? Or is that just nfl style?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

That's a big number in this climate. Hopefully he's worth it.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

If he doesn't get in legal trouble, he gets 20 per. This was the discount amount. That's still 2 less than Rubio.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:29 pm That's a big number in this climate. Hopefully he's worth it.
Players like Clarkson got 13 a year I think .but they must have some thoughts on the legal stuff.
.seems like that's high even pre arrest. But if our owner is gonna spend it's great to keep an asset.if he performs like he did in 20 games.

If he comes off the bench will he be worth it?

Still need a power forward..don't think Vanderbilt and Jaden McDaniels are gonna be enough
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:00 pm
shoteh wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:00 pm

you mean beasely
I'll be shocked if Beasley isn't starting at SG and Edwards at SF.
Prepare to be shocked. Rook will come off the bench to begin. He'll dominate the oppositions' twos. Culver will start at SF.
It makes sense that Edwards comes off the bench to start considering how little time they have to integrate him before the season kicks off.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 pm If he doesn't get in legal trouble, he gets 20 per. This was the discount amount. That's still 2 less than Rubio.
Discount? He was booty in Denver last season and then came on in 14 games for Minnesota. The thinking before the end of last season was 12 million per could probably get it done, and that was before Covid-19 and the cap smoothing or declining. It's fine but I don't think it's a "discount."
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Just think of it as a $15 mill slot on roster.

I think depending on what happens this year they will look to trade Beasley next off-season.

You will get more for him next year then this year.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Any reason why the court date was moved?
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:37 pm Just think of it as a $15 mill slot on roster.

I think depending on what happens this year they will look to trade Beasley next off-season.

That’s kinda how I’m looking at it. Keep his shit clean and continue the run he had to end the year, he’ll probably garner a decent return it if comes to it.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Good deal.

He put up 18 a gane for us and he’s a very, very good shooter.

A lot of wing power.

Only weak spot is PF.

Not bad.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beasley is a good player. Young and upcoming, still improving, but damn this is a bit of a shocker. They must have done their due diligence in evalutaing Edwards as a possible future SF or not and just said 3 guards is the new NBA lulz. Hard to root for this trash human being though.

He's a big kid, Edwards.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:36 pm
irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 pm If he doesn't get in legal trouble, he gets 20 per. This was the discount amount. That's still 2 less than Rubio.
Discount? He was booty in Denver last season and then came on in 14 games for Minnesota. The thinking before the end of last season was 12 million per could probably get it done, and that was before Covid-19 and the cap smoothing or declining. It's fine but I don't think it's a "discount."
He's better than Harris and Barton. Denver traded the wrong guy. Put it this way Gallo averages 53 games per season since he tore his ACL. He just signed a deal that's more money over three seasons, not four. Beasley's deal also has a team option not a player option at the end which is smart.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:37 pm Just think of it as a $15 mill slot on roster.

That’s kinda how I’m looking at it. Keep his shit clean and continue the run he had to end the year, he’ll probably garner a decent return it if comes to it.
They should have given him $18 million. This way the roster spot is bigger money and you can trade for a higher salary player
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Ricky has 2 years left, this is a 3+1 no?
Absolutely, but teams that deal star players want guys that can play in return plus young pieces. Rubio is expiring next year, which is useful...and both he and Beasley can make our team and others better with their skillsets. But yes, those are the deals. But before the draft, we had one trade piece that had substantial salary, now we have two that aren't our "star" pillar players. I don't think we need to swing for the fences per say, but having two deals that equal a max salary help facilitate such a move. I think we're a PF away from being a playoff team. Gotta stay healthy, but even if Edwards isn't an absolute beast, we've got a lot of fire power to deal with.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:36 pm
He's better than Harris and Barton. Denver traded the wrong guy. Put it this way Gallo averages 53 games per season since he tore his ACL. He just signed a deal that's more money over three seasons, not four. Beasley's deal also has a team option not a player option at the end which is smart.
I agree with this....his production warrants the money, the TO is always attractive, especially for a guy who will basically be entering his prime at the end of his deal. He's got to prove himself to the league, not just us...so I think both he and Edwards have serious chips on their shoulders coming in. Very good for us.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

YBBR wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 pm Beasley is a good player. Young and upcoming, still improving, but damn this is a bit of a shocker. They must have done their due diligence in evalutaing Edwards as a possible future SF or not and just said 3 guards is the new NBA lulz. Hard to root for this trash human being though.

He's a big kid, Edwards.
Yea they must feel confident that Edwards can guard 3's reasonably well. He's supposed to be 6-6 230 now. And strong for his age. They have Dlo, Beasley, Rubio, Okogie, Culver, McLaughlin, and Edwards as guards now. And they're paying Rubio 17 for 2 more years, Edwards 10 million I believe, Beasley 15, Dlo 30 or close to. Lots of money in guards or guards who can be wing guys like Edwards and Culver.