Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Beasley back 4 for 60

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mlhouse

Re: Beasley back 4 for 60

Post by mlhouse »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:25 am
mlhouse wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:23 pm
irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 pm Rubio, Okogie, and Edwards off the bench will be killer.
Lets examine what this means. You have a team that is a 24 win team (if you extrapolate to e full 82 game season). You get the first overall pick. You make that pick AND HE IS FUCKING COMING OFF THE BENCH?

Terrible team, yet the guy you draft at #1 aint good enough to start? Or is blocked from starting because of your IMMENSE talent ahead of him?

IF the sum total of talent additions we have to this team is Anthony Edwards and Ricky Rubio, which it is, means another long, long year.
KAT didn't play much with Dlo and Beasley.

So you are kind of adding KAT to the team. That's a big deal
I'll buy that is the only reason for optimism. Can they put that team together and make it play.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:32 am
Minnesota came into their meeting with Beasley determined to close a deal. The Timberwolves rented a house on the water and brought Beasley’s chef to cook dinner for everyone.

Timberwolves brass on hand included general manager Gersson Rosas, coach Ryan Saunders, assistant general manager Joe Branch, and others, league sources told HoopsHype.

The team showed video highlights of Beasley during his time with the team, messages from Twins star Nelson Cruz, local business owners, customized Vikings jerseys, newspaper cutouts, and more. It left an imprint on Beasley, as well as Rosas and the organization publicly supporting him during his legal situation.
It may have actually been an intervention.

Wondering if they took their shirts off and sat in a drum circle and played Kumbaya, sounds beautiful.

Trust The PROSAS....

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Definitely an odd way to negotiate a RFA. But, I'm not Latino. I'd roll the dice on letting the market get set for him. The deal is still decent, but this felt similar to the Gorgilicious negotiations to me.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Or Pek
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 am What everyone is forgetting is we now have two contracts that can be packaged to go star hunting if one becomes available. Packing Beasley and Rubio makes money part start at $32M...without these two type of deals ie if we had let Beasley walk (mind you we wouldn’t have had cap space to sign someone to a Beasley level contract) and Johnson’s contract only starting at 16 and then having to package 5 or 6 guys to make the money work completely gutting your roster. This team never was going to have huge cap space, trades is how they are going to have to live so long as KAT and DLo are on team
Good points.
I 100% agree with this.

Once a PG gets hurt from another team this year or next, People will come knocking about Rubio - that I can almost guarantee.

Beasley comes back and gives output like last season here and cleans up his off court situation, I imagine under managements watchful eye - and he becomes a very tradable asset. Outside of DLO and KAT the Wolves didn’t have one respectable trade asset, Culver and 17 and also the #1 pick in the draft brought back nothing that Rosas considered acceptable. That’s the Reality.

Or just hope for the best and maybe this thing comes together and the Wolves push for the playoffs.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:59 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 am What everyone is forgetting is we now have two contracts that can be packaged to go star hunting if one becomes available. Packing Beasley and Rubio makes money part start at $32M...without these two type of deals ie if we had let Beasley walk (mind you we wouldn’t have had cap space to sign someone to a Beasley level contract) and Johnson’s contract only starting at 16 and then having to package 5 or 6 guys to make the money work completely gutting your roster. This team never was going to have huge cap space, trades is how they are going to have to live so long as KAT and DLo are on team
Good points.
I 100% agree with this.

Once a PG gets hurt from another team this year or next, People will come knocking about Rubio - that I can almost guarantee.

Beasley comes back and gives output like last season here and cleans up his off court situation, I imagine under managements watchful eye - and he becomes a very tradable asset. Outside of DLO and KAT the Wolves didn’t have one respectable trade asset, Culver and 17 and also the #1 pick in the draft brought back nothing that Rosas considered acceptable. That’s the Reality.

Or just hope for the best and maybe this thing comes together and the Wolves push for the playoffs.

:lol: Yep, they will come running assets in hand for the old PG with the awesome winner rep from all the winning. Everyone who was depending on their really good PG always has a 17 mil backup plan of paying big for Rubio.

Thibs and Buckets. And you have always known it. Now you are Rosas biggest fan. It is equal parts sad and funny. Much like the idiot is viewed by 29 other teams and anyone with their head out of their ass. Of course for actual wolves fans it is equal parts maddening and apathy inducing.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Ask Not wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:56 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 am Malik Beasley: Overpay

John Hollinger The Athletic

Haha, what metric says Beasley is worth $7.5 million per year. Whatever BORDSS is its broken
I'm with Hollinger.
Beasley had the 9th most minutes in Denver just behind Torrey (who?) Craig. Then he gets in gun-toting trouble.
Who else is giving up a 1st and $15M/per for that guy? When were they ever going to have more leverage in negotiations than when he was a RFA with a gun charge?

That's without the Wolves suddenly having a minor glut at the 2 spot with Rubio and Edwards added.
Hollinger is a stat geek fucking clown. Go look again at his little value chart. It is ludicrous. Nearly as ludicrous as saying Edwards has to play most of the 2 minutes and can Beasley who is only 6'5" play the 3.I guess just ignore that Edwards is taller, longer, stronger, so he can't possibly guard those 3's.
boo

Post by boo »

If they do this, the contract isn’t the disaster most of you think it is.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @DaneMooreNBA: 3 years, $43.4M is a more accurate way to frame Malik Beasley's signing.

Similar contracts signed...
Christian Wood: 3-$41M
Jakob Poeltl: 3-$27M
Rodney Hood: 2-$21M
Jae Crowder: 3-$30M
Marcus Morris: 4-$64M
Jordan Clarkson: 4-$52M
Derrick Favors: 3-$30M
Goran Dragic: 2-$37.4M

RT @DaneMooreNBA: This isn't to say the Timberwolves could have chosen one of those players instead of Beasley but to show what the market has been

The Timberwolves did not have cap space, meaning they could only spend over $9.3M (MLE) if it was to an incumbent player (Bird Rights), like Beasley
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Some of you are so fucking insufferable... Thank God training camp starts in two weeks so I don't have to listen to you bitch for 3 months
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:15 pm Some of you are so fucking insufferable... Thank God training camp starts in two weeks so I don't have to listen to you bitch for 3 months
That’s definitely one benefit.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Beasley was such a good player for the Wolves last year

20.7 ppg
5 rebounds per game
Shot 42% from Three
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:32 pm Beasley was such a good player for the Wolves last year

20.7 ppg
5 rebounds per game
Shot 42% from Three
Played his ass off. Guaranteed he would play harder still and make us a winner. You can actually believe him since he's not a fake leader running off good players so he can hang with his buddies. Turned down 3 years 33 mil in Den because he knew he was better than the guys who were playing ahead of him. That's balls right there. And as I always say, after the first game when interviewed and Towns wants to celebrate he looks at him like what the fuck are you doing? We won one game and are one of the worst teams.

Absolute bargain on him. Look at the others making what he will. No team takes anyone but him for that. But it still means nothing toward wins until the idiot is gone or realizes he can't guard 4's.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Timberwolves have a lot of bitches on the team.

Malik Beasley is not one of them.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:07 pm Timberwolves have a lot of bitches on the team.

Yeah, he's a model fucking citizen. A real role model!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

YBBR wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:10 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:07 pm Timberwolves have a lot of bitches on the team.

Do you understand how to use sarcasm?

What you just did makes no sense.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:14 pm

How so?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

What he wrote WAS sarcasm. Do you not understand what it is?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Talk shit. Get your wig split
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

YBBR wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:17 pm

How so?
So, your sarcasm implied that I said that Malik is an fine upstanding member of society...

Not being a bitch does not mean anything close to that... If fact it means the total opposite.

So your sarcasm doesn't work.

If you would have said something like...
"Yeah he is a real badass pointing a gun at a little kid". Then your sarcasm would have worked.

Try to do better next time.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Jesus christ.. so many bitches in here.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm

:lol:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm

How so?
So, your sarcasm implied that I said that Malik is an fine upstanding member of society...

Not being a bitch does not mean anything close to that... If fact it means the total opposite.

"Yeah he is a real badass pointing a gun at a little kid". Then your sarcasm would have worked.

You're taking my comment a touch too literal. I find it incongruous to praise Beasley for his badsssness when he gets his ass handed to him in a fight with a safety who fucked his girl and then pulls assault rifles and shotguns out on a suburban white couple and their teenage daughter and his infant son.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Clown
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

YBBR wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:26 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm

How so?

You're taking my comment a touch too literal. I find it incongruous to praise Beasley for his badsssness when he gets his ass handed to him in a fight with a safety who fucked his girl and then pulls assault rifles and shotguns out on a suburban white couple and their teenage daughter and his infant son.
I took your comment as sarcasm... But like I explained in a very clear way was not the right context of sarcasm.

If you had gone with the angle above the first time then you would have done it right. But you didn't until after I explained the intricacies of sarcasm to you.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

YBBR wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Clown
Person that doesn't understand how sarcasm works.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Clown
Person that doesn't understand how sarcasm works.
I have a problem giving 15 million to a piece of shit like Malik. That's kind of where my comment was aimed.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm

The only wig that got split was Malik's!!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Ima fix wolves
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm

I think you're actually talking about Kevin Porter Jr now...
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Yeah this makes a lot of sense and makes me feel there is potentially considerable upside. Thanks for the positivity! :thumbsup: