Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

what bigs interest you?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Sid Hartman

Re: what bigs interest you?

Post by Sid Hartman »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:20 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:14 am Because the Wolves were a Tax Payer last season, their MLE is only like $5.7 Million. If they had not gone over, it would be $9.2 Million

Who was the clown that scoffed at me and told me it was not a big deal when I brought up the fact the Wolves paid the tax last season?
Do you have a source for this info? I have consistently seen that we have the full MLE.
Maybe I am wrong. I checked another site and it says they have the full $9 million.

Did they not pay a luxury penalty last year?
We have the tax payer MLE, how much we use of it though depends on how much it takes to get Jauncho, Beasley and Jordan signed...no way the team is going above the tax line which is just a shade over 132M I believe
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 am

Do you have a source for this info? I have consistently seen that we have the full MLE.
Maybe I am wrong. I checked another site and it says they have the full $9 million.

We have the tax payer MLE, how much we use of it though depends on how much it takes to get Jauncho, Beasley and Jordan signed...no way the team is going above the tax line which is just a shade over 132M I believe
Well then we only have $6 million

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/02/mid ... 02021.html
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
T_J

Post by T_J »

Derrick Jones Jr is fun and all but is not even close to a PF.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 am
Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am

Well then we only have $6 million

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/02/mid ... 02021.html
There is contradictory statements going around on what we have, some say we only have the tax payer one as we finished in luxury tax by line $600k but others are now saying since We dropped down in draft from 17 to 28 (Bolarmo isn’t coming over so not against cap) and getting rid of 33 we actually opened up the ability to spend up to 9.3M on MLE. Don’t quite understand it but some are saying that. If we could get Beasley and Jauncho lower than predicted it would be nice. Still shaking my head on the Rubio deal as not sure the value he brings is worth the 17+M a year for next two years. Fans might riot but I think he’s a short termer here as Rosas is going to use his salary and flip him
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @DaneMooreNBA: Timberwolves Salary Cap Situation Entering Free Agency

-- 13 rostered, 10 guaranteed (including rookies other than Bolmaro, draft + stash)
-- 5 free agents
-- Aldrich's waived + stretch contract ($685k)
-- $394k below salary cap
-- $23.88M below luxury tax line
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

All the one's we refuse to play. All the one's we clearly need to draft or trade for. The one's we dumped.

Mostly the one who banged the idiot's wife and mom to start his hatred for height. Get over it idiot. Grab a ladder, get a boost, and get over it.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

But Herman and Beasley have cap holds. I know Hermans is like $9 million, they pay Hermangomez $9 million then someone in the front office is not doing their job.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

WCS is barely just a guy. But he's a low-cost, rim-running, defending guy.
Ketchup can be nuancy
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm WCS is barely just a guy. But he's a low-cost, rim-running, defending guy.
I have always wanted WCS. Get him!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:16 pm
Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:13 pm WCS is barely just a guy. But he's a low-cost, rim-running, defending guy.
I have always wanted WCS. Get him!
I definitely wouldn't mind WCS but I just don't see Rosas going for him. He is not the type of player Rosas likes... Similar to Capela in HOU.
chris_numbers

Post by chris_numbers »

Frank Kaminsky?
Is it bad that I hate all of you even though I’ve never met you?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Wolves should have interest! I don't think they should view Naz as the clear cut backup 5.... get some defensive presence in there.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 am
Wolves should have interest! I don't think they should view Naz as the clear cut backup 5.... get some defensive presence in there.
This

wolves need D
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

to find a guy like naz as a UDFA last year was great. but to then have him be the only viable center on roster after KAT is beyond stupid. find me one other team in the league that runs this shallow in the post.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:24 pm to find a guy like naz as a UDFA last year was great. but to then have him be the only viable center on roster after KAT is beyond stupid. find me one other team in the league that runs this shallow in the post.
Maybe we can trade for Embiid to be our third string center.

What do you suggest we do for a third center? Keep in mind the Rockets played their season with a 6'6" as their center
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Looks like wolves still kicking tires on Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Gordon makes $20 million... How would they get to that number?

Nance makes $11 million.... How would they get to that number?
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

If Nic Batum wants to come here for for $6M, I'd take a 1 and 1 flyer on him. He's got the body of a modern 4.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Culver, Laymen, and Spellman get you close don't they? At least to Nance.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

:?:

Gordon is at 18 million

Culver, Omari, Evans, nowell can get you Larry Nance
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:35 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:24 pm to find a guy like naz as a UDFA last year was great. but to then have him be the only viable center on roster after KAT is beyond stupid. find me one other team in the league that runs this shallow in the post.

What do you suggest we do for a third center? Keep in mind the Rockets played their season with a 6'6" as their center
okay. and they were trying something that no other team in the league did. name me some other teams with a allstar starter, then a UDFA rookie and then zip in the post. my "suggestion" is that they do what nearly every other team in the league does - have three guys who play center. not rocket science.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ask Not wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 pm If Nic Batum wants to come here for for $6M, I'd take a 1 and 1 flyer on him. He's got the body of a modern 4.
Wasn’t it Kahn that went hard after him when he was a RFA in Portland?

He was the missing piece back then! The missing piece!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:35 pm :?:

Gordon is at 18 million

Culver, Omari, Evans, nowell can get you Larry Nance
Pass on Nance.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 pm

okay. and they were trying something that no other team in the league did. name me some other teams with a allstar starter, then a UDFA rookie and then zip in the post. my "suggestion" is that they do what nearly every other team in the league does - have three guys who play center. not rocket science.
If KAT misses big time.. we will suck anyways.

If he misses a couple games, we can figure it out
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Ask Not wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 pm If Nic Batum wants to come here for for $6M, I'd take a 1 and 1 flyer on him. He's got the body of a modern 4.
Batum is a corpse and has been robbing money for the last 5 years. Stop giving him money and attention
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:03 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 pm

If KAT misses big time.. we will suck anyways.

If he misses a couple games, we can figure it out
most teams aren't so lopsided. they can at least put competitive players at their correct position on the court. KAT or naz goes down for 3 weeks - who's backing them up? jake layman? juancho? josh okogie? it's ridiculous how thin we are at the top.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I'm starting to think we need to honestly play out what we have, while resigning Juancho. Juancho isn't an attractive starting PF, but whatever....he can play there regardless of how much people hate on him. That being said, we have Vandy and Spellman. Vandy is basically free by NBA standards this year, and both Spellman and Evans become great assets going into the deadline or offseason based off their team options adding up to 7 mil between the two. It's not great, I'd rather have a guy like John Collins....but Juancho, Layman, Spellman, and Vandy technically should be able to man the PF spot between the fucking four of them.

Dlo/Rubio/Jmac
Beas/Oke/Culver
Ant/Culver
Juancho/Layman/Spellman/Vandy
KAT/Naz

PF is a hole, but it's doable as is. I really think they need to play with what they have going into the year, if they are all trainwrecks, two of the guys can be let go or included as trade fodder...but considering what's available and what we can afford, I'm okay seeing what we have over paying some stiff just to spend all of our MLE. Spellman looked decent in GS, Vandy has the physical tools, and both Layman and Juancho, specifically when healthy, have been proven to at very least, be serviceable. If we can get just below average production at the PF between those guys, I feel alright about our lineup since we're very deadly everywhere else.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

S&T can't be done with additional pieces, can it?

Gordon would be a good pick-up for Juancho and say Culver?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

LordNu wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 pm S&T can't be done with additional pieces, can it?

Gordon would be a good pick-up for Juancho and say Culver?
You would have to move too many parts to get Gordon. You could send Ricky...as they only have Fultz now that DJ signed with the Bucks (I think?). We all love Ricky, but he is a trade chip....is Aaron Gordon worth it? I don't really know TBH. I know we need a PF and I know he's an upgrade over what we have, but I don't want to just bring in a guy simply because he's a PF. If we bring back Juancho, we have him, Spellman, Vandy, and Layman all under contract and technically able to play the spot. If you hate adding Ricky, Gordon is an upgrade over all of them....how much?....that will be up to the individual. I think Ricky Rubio is a better player, but Aaron Gordon fills a spot we need. But Ricky+Evans/Spellman/Vandy work and I think Orlando would gladly welcome that deal.

Dlo/Jmac
Beas/Oke
Ant/Culver/Layman
Gordon/Juancho/Layman
KAT/Naz

All of the sudden much more balanced. I'm cool with playing with what we have, but I can't argue against such deal of AG.