Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

what bigs interest you?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

what bigs interest you?

Post by HeHateMe »

Seems like it's inevitable the Wolves will use some or all the midlevel to get a 4... or a 4/5:

Juancho Hernangomez
Davis Bertans
Montrezl Harrell
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant
Paul Millsap
Tristan Thompson (C)
Derrick Favors (C)
Marcus Morris
Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard
Jae Crowder (SF/PF)
Chris Boucher
Drew Eubanks
Wenyen Gabriel
Demarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside (C)
Cheick Diallo
Harry Giles
Jeff Green
Mason Plumlee
Nerlens Noel
WCS
Jamychal Green
Jahlil Okafor
Bismack Biyombo
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Tolliver

Are both Gasol's available?! Ibaka will have the full midlevel available from everyone I am sure. Grant has suitors, Harrell will have suitors. Millsap worth kicking the tires on?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: what bigs interest you?

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

In order for me

Grant
Wood
Favors
Markieff Morris
Green
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

I like Noel and Grant.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:20 am Seems like it's inevitable the Wolves will use some or all the midlevel to get a 4... or a 4/5:

Juancho Hernangomez
Davis Bertans
Montrezl Harrell
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant
Paul Millsap
Tristan Thompson (C)
Derrick Favors (C)
Marcus Morris
Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard
Jae Crowder (SF/PF)
Chris Boucher
Drew Eubanks
Wenyen Gabriel
Demarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside (C)
Cheick Diallo
Harry Giles
Jeff Green
Mason Plumlee
Nerlens Noel
WCS
Jamychal Green
Jahlil Okafor
Bismack Biyombo
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Tolliver

Are both Gasol's available?! Ibaka will have the full midlevel available from everyone I am sure. Grant has suitors, Harrell will have suitors. Millsap worth kicking the tires on?
Harrell or Ibaka would be great. Are either a real possibility?
Corre Ricky Corre

Small Hands wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:23 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:20 am Seems like it's inevitable the Wolves will use some or all the midlevel to get a 4... or a 4/5:

Juancho Hernangomez
Davis Bertans
Montrezl Harrell
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant
Paul Millsap
Tristan Thompson (C)
Derrick Favors (C)
Marcus Morris
Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard
Jae Crowder (SF/PF)
Chris Boucher
Drew Eubanks
Wenyen Gabriel
Demarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside (C)
Cheick Diallo
Harry Giles
Jeff Green
Mason Plumlee
Nerlens Noel
WCS
Jamychal Green
Jahlil Okafor
Bismack Biyombo
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Tolliver

I can't imagine we have any cap left after Rubio... And neither would take out MLE.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Juancho Hernangomez
Davis Bertans
Montrezl Harrell
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant
Paul Millsap
Tristan Thompson (C)
Derrick Favors (C)
Marcus Morris
Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard
Jae Crowder (SF/PF)
Chris Boucher
Drew Eubanks
Wenyen Gabriel
Demarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside (C)
Cheick Diallo
Harry Giles
Jeff Green
Mason Plumlee
Nerlens Noel
WCS
Jamychal Green
Jahlil Okafor
Bismack Biyombo
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Tolliver

I'd assume Ibaka, Harrell and Grant are the most popular.. which means all teams with cap space and anyone with the midlevel will have interest.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Juancho Hernangomez
Davis Bertans
Montrezl Harrell
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant
Paul Millsap
Tristan Thompson (C)
Derrick Favors (C)
Marcus Morris
Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol
Serge Ibaka
Dwight Howard
Jae Crowder (SF/PF)
Chris Boucher
Drew Eubanks
Wenyen Gabriel
Demarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside (C)
Cheick Diallo
Harry Giles
Jeff Green
Mason Plumlee
Nerlens Noel
WCS
Jamychal Green
Jahlil Okafor
Bismack Biyombo
Noah Vonleh
Anthony Tolliver

No.

No money and they are probably looking to win.

We took Ricky on for 17 a year though. :bday:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Word on the street is that John Collins may be available via trade with ATL.

They drafted OO and have Capella.

Not sure they want to pay that man (Collins) his money when his contract extension comes up.
Corre Ricky Corre

Butch Bradford wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 am Word on the street is that John Collins may be available via trade with ATL.

Not sure they want to pay that man (Collins) his money when his contract extension comes up.
I would love it but I don't see how we can pay him.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:40 am
Dickweed wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 am Word on the street is that John Collins may be available via trade with ATL.

We still have JJ and his contract. Will have to include pick(s) and Culver as well.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Latino Neat is gonna bring back Juancho to be the 4. Guaranteed he'll split time there with White Shadow.

Drew Eubanks
Wenyen Gabriel
Cheick Diallo
Mason Plumlee
Jamychal Green

That's the list of guys that would remotely think of signing here. MLE won't be used on anyone worth a damn.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

The first thing you need to do to that list is remove any and all names that would get contracts above the MLE. THen look at the list again. It aint gonna be the same list. Christian Wood, not on the list. Serge Ibaka, not on the list. Grant, not on the list. Hell, Davis Bertans is probably not on the list.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Butch Bradford wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am
Dickweed wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 am Word on the street is that John Collins may be available via trade with ATL.

We still have JJ and his contract. Will have to include pick(s) and Culver as well.
False. JJ turned into Rubio.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

how do we still have JJ? how did we pay for rubio's $18M with a couple of picks?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

What attractive assets do you think the Wolves have to trade for John Collins?
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am
Dickweed wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am

False. JJ turned into Rubio.
My bad. Didn’t catch that with the trade and forgot about Rubio’s contract.

Nothing to see here.

Disregard.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

at this point, i honestly don't care what bigs are available or whatever. have come to the stunning realization that all this speculation on our parts is just a colossal waste of time because mgmt is going to go do something that makes zero sense to the majority of us anyway. they make the decisions - we don't. get ready for a PF power trio of juancho/layman and idk alize johnson or lance thomas.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am The first thing you need to do to that list is remove any and all names that would get contracts above the MLE. THen look at the list again. It aint gonna be the same list. Christian Wood, not on the list. Serge Ibaka, not on the list. Grant, not on the list. Hell, Davis Bertans is probably not on the list.
There are limited teams with cap space though... I agree, some of those guys (Grant) will get much more... but unless their original team is resigning them, the best they can get is the midlevel. Ibaka for instance... will need to decide between a big one year deal with Toronto or the full midlevel with...... Brooklyn? Houston? Lakers? Clippers?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

How much money do you think Saric is going to get on the open market? He is been around enough that no team is going to pay him for what he might become... at this point, he is what he is.. 10-12 points per night kind of player.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:59 am How much money do you think Saric is going to get on the open market? He is been around enough that no team is going to pay him for what he might become... at this point, he is what he is.. 10-12 points per night kind of player.
Would never happen, BUT! if we signed Saric I would love it if only because it would take away an arrow from thrillkill’s Rosas quiver.

:lol:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:51 am at this point, i honestly don't care what bigs are available or whatever. have come to the stunning realization that all this speculation on our parts is just a colossal waste of time because mgmt is going to go do something that makes zero sense to the majority of us anyway. they make the decisions - we don't. get ready for a PF power trio of juancho/layman and idk alize johnson or lance thomas.
That realization is stunning?

You do realize that the management of some teams makes decisions that make total sense, right?

And I agree with you about the PF power trio. I am not sure what these guys are doing to tell you the truth but I have a guess.

It is almost impossible to figure out any real team building concept that they have, and to be fair, some events have made whatever plans they may have had go astray.

If you look at last season they made two significant moves. First, they made the trade up and made what they considered to be a BPA pick in Jarrett Culvery whom I think has to be labeled a huge disappointment. Second, at the trade deadline they made huge roster transformation and put the team on a course to build around the trio of Towns-Russell-and a resigned Malik Beasley. To make the moves and dump salary they had to spend our 2021 draft picks.

But of course, our record tanks and we get the #1 overall pick and Malik Beasley looks less like a foundation player than he did a few months ago. So, we take Anthony Edwards another wing player. While some may not think he is BPA, but of the players on his level he clearly had the best fit even if they keep Beasley. That all makes sense.

But it is the subsequent moves that do not. While rookies usually might not be able to contribute right away, the Wolves had a team need for eitehr shooting and/or high energy defensive players. A player with those attributes could easily step into the rotation and give valuable contributions even if their upsides were more limited. There actually were a few players that were available, but they chose to add a backup PG on a very high cost salary, move down in the draft, take a EuroStash player and a swing for the fences developmental player.

Our shooting woes have not been addressed. Our lack of front court quality and quantity has not been addressed.

Maybe they have a plan. But it is right to really question their moves.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 am
mlhouse wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am The first thing you need to do to that list is remove any and all names that would get contracts above the MLE. THen look at the list again. It aint gonna be the same list. Christian Wood, not on the list. Serge Ibaka, not on the list. Grant, not on the list. Hell, Davis Bertans is probably not on the list.
There are limited teams with cap space though... I agree, some of those guys (Grant) will get much more... but unless their original team is resigning them, the best they can get is the midlevel. Ibaka for instance... will need to decide between a big one year deal with Toronto or the full midlevel with...... Brooklyn? Houston? Lakers? Clippers?
Cap space:

Atlanta 44 mil
New York 40 mil
Charlotte 19 mil
Detroit 9 mil
Corre Ricky Corre

I'd go grab Bobby Portis right now. Just released from the Knicks. He's 25 and a 37% 3PT shooter.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:33 pm I'd go grab Bobby Portis right now. Just released from the Knicks. He's 25 and a 37% 3PT shooter.
For real... I just actually proposed trading for him.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Taj Gibson as well was let go.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Cripes, Portis was making $15 million... who gave him that fucking contract?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Knicks are going to blow their wad on this shitty Free Agent class and next year wont have any money left to pay bigger names.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:33 pm I'd go grab Bobby Portis right now. Just released from the Knicks. He's 25 and a 37% 3PT shooter.
Disagree. Anyone not named Russell, Edwards or Towns needs to be able to defend. That ain't Portis.
I wonder how many teams will offer the full MLE or a second year to Millsap? He'd be a solid, if declining performer and a good mentor / locker room guy. They could trade him to a contender and go with the young guys in the second half.
Last edited by Ask Not on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:39 pm Cripes, Portis was making $15 million... who gave him that fucking contract?
A guy named Steve Mills, who got fired last year.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 pm
I agree he stands out as a fit and should be in our price range, I wouldn't use the full MLE, but part of it.