Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

what bigs interest you?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

Re: what bigs interest you?

Post by thinktank »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:46 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm Bucks signed Bobby Portis to a contract using the Bi-annual Exception. Two years, $3.8 million per season with year two a player option.

We could not beat that deal?????
Tweet said he wanted to play for a contender.
Money talks.
Portis has to be listening and he already did.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

What's the status with Omari Spellman. Is he hurt or just not interested in playing for the Wolves? Seems to me to be a solution at PF.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Four months ago after season suspended. Omari spotted working out wearing Warrior gear. There is something wrong with this guy if he still holds a grudge. Why be pissed at Timberwolves, they traded for you... Be pissed at Warriors for trading you.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warri ... ason-trade
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Omari Spellman is getting paychecks in the amount of $2 million per year.

At some point you need to get over shit and get to work.

If this guy really is still pouting, I hope Timberwolves do not waive or trade him. Let him stew in G league for next two years.

He really could be a legit option for 4/5 on Wolves if he wants to be.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

too much is made of his pouting. and how he didn't show up to play. except - they did send him to iowa (pout). he did suit up for the team and play (pout). and he averaged over 30 MPG with a 20/8/4 line, 1.3 spg and 1.3 bpg with 41% from three (pout pout pout). idk - eyeball test for me says he put on a wolves uni and played hard.

one last point - which has to do with the often heard twisted logic of "well, if KAT gets injured, it's all over anyway". yes, that is true. currently. because if KAT goes down, the ONLY guy we have on the roster to mitigate that loss is a chubby one year player we picked up undrafted. now IF our other max player goes down with an injury, how devastating is that comparatively for the team? with rubio, jmac, edwards, beasley, culver and okogie all on board? we absolutely have enough options to weather a major injury to Dlo. with Dlo it would hurt, but with KAT it would be the end of things. and that is NOT because KAT is so freaking wonderful - it's just because we have virtually no Plan B in place - like we do in the event of a dlo injury.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

What does this mean? He's coming back?

4 weeks ago

5 weeks ago

x
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Rosas is processing that Instagram post at the moment.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Omari has a usable skillset, I hope he gets a chance. High IQ, plays team ball, can shoot it, pass it... but not a huge help on defense.

Thoughts on Harry Giles? He's primed to blow up now that he's fully healthy. Not sure if we have the money to get him, though.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

I really hope he comes back and plays with us. He is a legit player.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

kilkenny wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:10 am What does this mean? He's coming back?

4 weeks ago

5 weeks ago

x
Does this mean he is still pissed at us or he is saying he was wrong and immature? I am confused....
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

He looks like he’s added some weight back since I last watched him play.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am Does this mean he is still pissed at us or he is saying he was wrong and immature? I am confused....
That's why Rosas is still processing
j2j

Post by j2j »

I think he was saying he was pissed, but he feels rightfully so. But now he's ready to move forward. I'm guessing something was said/done when that trade happened that pissed Rosas off, so he said fuck it, let him sit in the G. Hopefully all parties have moved on, and let's see the young blood play.

He's always been a chub, he looks like he's slimmed down a hair, or at least cut a little fat and added muscle.

Depending on Reid's development, Omari could see minutes at the 5.

T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 am Omari has a usable skillset, I hope he gets a chance. High IQ, plays team ball, can shoot it, pass it... but not a huge help on defense.

Thoughts on Harry Giles? He's primed to blow up now that he's fully healthy. Not sure if we have the money to get him, though.
Portland just got him. 1 year deal.
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 am
j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 am Omari has a usable skillset, I hope he gets a chance. High IQ, plays team ball, can shoot it, pass it... but not a huge help on defense.

Saw that. I'm weeping right now.

Good franchises make good moves and attract good players. Shit franchises do the opposite.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Could it be he was just pissed about being sent down to the gleague when he has been in the NBA for 2 years and playing decently?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

Portland has had a great off-season here.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Omari said he was upset and cried when the Hawks traded him to the Warriors, but the Warriors sat him down and got him straight.

I am not sure he gave the Timberwolves the same chance.

I am sure it has been done, but his agent needs to sit him down and explain to him the opportunity that he has.

He is set to make $2 million this year and $3.5 next year. That is two years to get his shit together.

He seems to have the talent to do it, he could become a 12-14 ppg and 8-10 rebound per game PF/Center who shoots 3's Do you know the value in a player like that? After next year, he would be in line to get fucking paid and set his family up for life.

Omari, please get your shit together.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Beg Spellman to come back and sign Chris Boucher and/or WCS. Naz could use some more g league seasoning anyways.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Per 36 Boucher is a 19/12/3 big man over his career. Let's do it! ;-)

T_J

Post by T_J »

Gasol going to end up on the Lakers for peanuts.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:20 am Per 36 Boucher is a 19/12/3 big man over his career. Let's do it! ;-)
Do it.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 am Gasol going to end up on the Lakers for peanuts.
Well Toronto err Tampa will look a bit different.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 am Omari said he was upset and cried when the Hawks traded him to the Warriors, but the Warriors sat him down and got him straight.

I am sure it has been done, but his agent needs to sit him down and explain to him the opportunity that he has.

He is set to make $2 million this year and $3.5 next year. That is two years to get his shit together.

He seems to have the talent to do it, he could become a 12-14 ppg and 8-10 rebound per game PF/Center who shoots 3's Do you know the value in a player like that? After next year, he would be in line to get fucking paid and set his family up for life.

No chance they pick up his option for next year, he’s an expiring. Same with Evans
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 am Omari said he was upset and cried when the Hawks traded him to the Warriors, but the Warriors sat him down and got him straight.

No chance they pick up his option for next year, he’s an expiring. Same with Evans
Well even better, he has this year to prove himself.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 am
j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:20 am Per 36 Boucher is a 19/12/3 big man over his career. Let's do it! ;-)
Do it.
Would love it, but how much will it take for Toronto not to match? They just lost Ibaka and will likely lose Gasol. Bigger role coming for Boucher in Toronto?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:57 am
T_J wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 am

Saw that. I'm weeping right now.

Good franchises make good moves and attract good players. Shit franchises do the opposite.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:43 am
Do it.
Would love it, but how much will it take for Toronto not to match? They just lost Ibaka and will likely lose Gasol. Bigger role coming for Boucher in Toronto?
boucher won't be coming here. he's been waiting for his time to come in toronto - they really like and have been supportive of his improving game - the time for him has come with the departure of gasol and ibaka. who would you rather play for? the raptors or the wolves?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Do it.
boucher won't be coming here. he's been waiting for his time to come in toronto - they really like and have been supportive of his improving game - the time for him has come with the departure of gasol and ibaka. who would you rather play for? the raptors or the wolves?
whoever pays me more.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Do it.
Yeah now with Gasol out I'm not sure it happens.. how much would it take not to match? Offer him most of the midlevel for a couple years.