Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Welcome Bolmaro to the Minnesota Timberwolves

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Philo Beddoe

Welcome Bolmaro to the Minnesota Timberwolves

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Philo Beddoe

Re: Welcome Bolmaro to the Minnesota Timberwolves

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:24 am
:thumbsup:
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
j2j

Post by j2j »

Watching "highlight" videos, he makes a lot of really fancy/risky passes after dribbling himself into trouble.

Any idea when he might come over?

I see more Shved than Rubio.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

j2j wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am Watching "highlight" videos, he makes a lot of really fancy/risky passes after dribbling himself into trouble.

During my 4 minutes of extensive research, my sources indicated he will most likely stay overseas for one more year.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am Watching "highlight" videos, he makes a lot of really fancy/risky passes after dribbling himself into trouble.

Well hopefully next year assuming they don't have a 2021 first...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Signed til 23

Wasted impressed with his tape.. I didn't see an nba calibur player. Lots of good PGs in this draft. Wasnt impressed. Watched our 3 picks a lot trying to make myself happier. This one seemed like a waste.
Very poor handles, poor shot, and bad TOs..

The tweets make me feel a hair better about him.

Think he replaces Rubio in 2 years.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Probably a premature welcome. IT is doubtful he is in US next season, and perhaps the next.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm Probably a premature welcome. IT is doubtful he is in US next season, and perhaps the next.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like his flair and styyyyyyyle. Hope he keeps improving.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

He reminds me a Henk Norel and Mavrokefalidis.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

This makes me feel better about the pick.

I know nothing about him!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

If he comes over next year, it really does take away the sting of losing our first rounder. I know it's a deep draft, but if we stay healthy, I don't believe we're in line for the top prize anyhow. Both he and McDaniels are essentially projects, if one or both guys show up next year, the loss of the pick with Wiggins seems like hardly anything. Here's to hoping for development!
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

How much would we have to chip in to get him to drop is first name and add an exclamation point to his last and only name?

He'd take over the final introduction from KAT. "And now, standing 6' 8" and hailing from parts unknown, Argentina, at forward for your Minnesota Timberwolves ... BOLMARO!
Ketchup can be nuancy
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Curb the excitement. This is the kind of dude doesn't come over until he's in his prime. Whick means for he next 5 years there's a better chance he's a throw in in a trade than a Wolf.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:54 pm How much would we have to chip in to get him to drop is first name and add an exclamation point to his last and only name?

He'd take over the final introduction from KAT. "And now, standing 6' 8" and hailing from parts unknown, Argentina, at forward for your Minnesota Timberwolves ... BOLMARO!
Back in the day Oakland A's owner Charlie FInley tried to convince Vida Blue to change his first name to True. Or so legend once said.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:35 am
Ask Not wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:54 pm How much would we have to chip in to get him to drop is first name and add an exclamation point to his last and only name?

Back in the day Oakland A's owner Charlie FInley tried to convince Vida Blue to change his first name to True. Or so legend once said.
I believe it. Owners did anything to get 5,000 people in the stands to watch a game back then. Along with being solid marketers, many owners were tight sons a bitches - Cal Griffith would only announce the players the first time through the batting order because he wanted more people to buy the nickel program. HA!
Ketchup can be nuancy
T_J

Post by T_J »

Doesn't look like an NBA player at all based on my 3 minutes of video review.
boo

Post by boo »

Watching his highlights reminds me of Kyle Anderson. Slomo part 2.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I do think he’ll be over not this season but next.

We wouldn’t have made this deal otherwise.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:35 pm
mlhouse wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm Probably a premature welcome. IT is doubtful he is in US next season, and perhaps the next.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

From Babcock Hoops:

https://www.babcockhoops.com/post/nba-d ... -prospects

Currently slotted as the 27th pick on the Babcock Hoops’ 2020 NBA Mock Draft, Leandro Bolmaro is a 19-year old, 6’7” combo guard from Argentina, currently playing for FC Barcelona, a top team in Spain. Despite being projected to be a first round pick, Bolmaro has received sporadic minutes this season. Nonetheless, his draft value has seemingly never been higher.

Rumors have circulated recently that Bolmaro’s NBA buyout was between $2.0 million and $2.5 million, an exorbitant amount. If this were the case, with the NBA team only able to pay $750,000 of the buyout, Bolmaro would be on the hook for another $1.25 to $1.75 million to get out of the contract with FC Barcelona, depending on the actual figure. With first round contracts subject to a set rookie scale, if, for example, Bolmaro is selected with the 27th pick, he could only make a max of slightly over $2 million in year one, and almost $11 million total over four years. If his buyout was indeed $2.5 million, he’d owe an equivalent amount to his entire first year’s salary in the NBA to FC Barcelona. Clearly, this would be a ridiculously unfair scenario for the player.

However, Babcock Hoops’ Matt Babcock recently confirmed that Bolmaro’s NBA buyout is in fact only for $900,000, a much more reasonable amount, meaning Bolmaro will only have to pay $150,000 if he wants to play for an NBA team next season. Again, the timing of payment is a matter of negotiation, but the extra $150,000 will come out of Bolmaro’s salary.

If Bolmaro’s buyout was a much higher number, he may have been more likely to be selected in the second round. As mentioned earlier, first round picks are bound to the rookie scale, and it would be much tougher for the team and player to come to an agreement with such a huge buyout being owed to the European team. In the second round, there is much more flexibility to negotiate contracts.

Let’s say Bolmaro dropped to the second round of the draft, and, for example’s sake, his NBA buyout clause actually was $2.5 million. Bolmaro’s new NBA team could pay the Excluded International Player Payment Amount of $750,000, but $1.75 million would still be owed to FC Barcelona. In the second round, the drafting team could use an exception or cap room to sign Bolmaro to a larger deal than what they were planning to pay, say $1.75 million more, and distinguish that amount as being paid to FC Barcelona towards the buyout.

Hypothetical $2.5 million buyout example:

Bolmaro is picked in the second round.

Team uses cap room or an exception to sign Bolmaro to a 3 year, $9 million deal.

The NBA team pays $750,000 towards the buyout and $1.75 million remains.

The team uses available cap space or an exception and must add the prorated $1.75 million on top of the $9 million deal, resulting in the following cap hits:

Bolmaro still receives his $9 million, with about $583,333 prorated over each season and allotted to Barcelona.

Again, these figures are only for example purposes. A team targeting Bolmaro would have to balance the risk/reward of waiting to draft him in the second round, but with only a $900,000 actual buyout, this shouldn’t come into play for Bolmaro.

Each team has to do their due diligence for the draft, whether with regard to a player’s character, work ethic, or background. With international players, it is also extremely important for NBA teams to be aware of the player’s buyout amount, and to take that into consideration as a cost for the player. As more intel is gathered before the NBA Draft and we learn more about upcoming international player buyouts, we’ll find out if there will be any complications for international players wanting to join the NBA.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I'm hyped about this kid. Makes not having a first next season more tolerable :beer:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

So this is basically our 2021 pick?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Whenever I flip through Leo Bolo highlights it's like the same 3-4 plays, all of which would get absolutely stuffed by NBA level athletes. So you have to hope he has elite level intelligence like Manu to adjust and be a needle mover. I just see a lot of turnovers in his future. Shved all over again.

Best thing for him would be he comes over next year and Rubio is still here to help guide him. But unless we unload Okogie/Culver, the minutes won't be available, and he'll be less likely to come.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
T_J

Post by T_J »

What a fucking joke.