Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rosas Panic Thread...Kahn?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Rosas Panic Thread...Kahn?

Post by T_J »

Does this guy have a clue what he's doing? I gave him a shot much like I did Kahn, but seems like he's throwing shit all over the place or he's running a Sam Hinke scam without announcing the Process publicly.

This 2020-2021 Wolves team is a dumpster. I don't see any direction here unless they're banking on Towns and Russell both becoming all stars and winning players which there's very little evidence of.

Adding Ricky back screams of a Glen Taylor play....can he sell already for the love of God?

Vent session over. Feel free to pile on or disagree. I just see a 27 win team again.
somuchyummy

Re: Rosas Panic Thread...Kahn?

Post by somuchyummy »

i see a 20 win team. we're going to get killed.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Total agree. Good thing I don't get overly frustrated anymore. I always think this team is going to suck.

Butler gave us a taste of being good and then it all vanished to a big pile of shit like before .
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I don't think it's panic time. I've liked most everything else up until tonight. The Rubio thing is WEIRD. I don't get it. It's the antithesis of what Rosas has spoken about for 18 months. But I'm patient enough to see what happens going forward.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I want a divorce.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
bri

Post by bri »

Underwhelming, curious to see how the rest of the offseason goes. I don't see why we keep grabbing wings though
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

So Negative.....

Change your faces!!!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:46 pm
bri wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 pm Underwhelming, curious to see how the rest of the offseason goes. I don't see why we keep grabbing wings though
I'm pretty sure Rosas is trying to build a heaven machine.
Needs taller players.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

T_J wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 pm Does this guy have a clue what he's doing? I gave him a shot much like I did Kahn, but seems like he's throwing shit all over the place or he's running a Sam Hinke scam without announcing the Process publicly.

This 2020-2021 Wolves team is a dumpster. I don't see any direction here unless they're banking on Towns and Russell both becoming all stars and winning players which there's very little evidence of.

Adding Ricky back screams of a Glen Taylor play....can he sell already for the love of God?

Vent session over. Feel free to pile on or disagree. I just see a 27 win team again.
As good as he is a wheeler dealer he seems to be a terrible drafter.

I was hoping all night that a big trade was coming with all our assets.. but nothin..

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 pm
mlhouse wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Needs taller players.
Not really, he's got all the wings!!!
I played straight man.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

bri wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 pm Underwhelming, curious to see how the rest of the offseason goes. I don't see why we keep grabbing wings though
Heaven Machine..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shut It Down!! :thumbsup:

mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Edwards could save it all.
I believe we all see the talent, just such a question if he will get there and do it consistently, which I admit do not have much faith in.. Perhaps he shows spurs of brilliance and we sell high on him? But that is so doubtful too. Not going to cut bait.. Please some other team blow us away with an offer! Reddish and OO for Edwards tonight.

We had a great opportunity today to take a huge step forward.
Even pillaging GS to move to #1 for peanuts would've been great. (Move protection from top 3 to top 7 at least, a couple 2nd rounders or something)

Fear the Rubio trade was too early. Why wouldn't he wait til we were on the clock at least to see what our options were?
Also agree bringing him in seems pointless.

Seemed like the only value the trade up for the scrub stash was that we could get a player we didn't have to roster? If this is the case? Why the fuck do you trade a higher pick for 2 later ones, then trade 2 later ones to move up after that. It wasn't for a guy the targeted. Just consolidation.

Felt like a mess and a scramble.

Came into the night with 3 very solid draft slots and 2 big needs. And came away without filling any hole.

Likely just excused services of our 3rd best player last year in Beasley with nothing to show for it. (Even if he did a lot of that to himself) someone will give him a chance and he will be a positive player for them.

So hard to be a timberwolves fan. And they never make it easier to remain one. Parlor trick at best to bring back a fan favorite. And yes Rubio is a good player. But not on our timeline, spendy and nor a need. Different story if it was Oubre who would've made plenty of sense. Kennard getting traded for #19 too...

Nothing felt right tonight.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:50 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 pm Does this guy have a clue what he's doing? I gave him a shot much like I did Kahn, but seems like he's throwing shit all over the place or he's running a Sam Hinke scam without announcing the Process publicly.

I was hoping all night that a big trade was coming with all our assets.. but nothin..

Neither of those guys was ever a serious thing.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:50 pm

It seems to me that he "wheels and deals" just for the sake of it. I see zero plan. Zero team concept. Zero scheme concept. Zero developmental concept. The Wolves have exactly one future asset, the most favorable of Denver or Philadelphia's 2022 2nd round picks, and have traded away their first and second round picks next season (if the Wolves end up with that pick protected it will demonstrate all the futility).
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I'll reserve judgement. But yes, I do get the Kahn "5 steps ahead of everyone else" sense.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Please!
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

I don't get the Rubio thing at all. We were one of the top 3pt attempt teams last year so I would imagine keeping Dlo handling the ball and trading for someone like Vassell who could space the floor and play some D, instead we went opposite at a guy (one of my favorites to lace in Mn) that cannot shoot 3's.

I'm in this love hate relationship with Rubio coming here and feel OKC outsmarted us.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:59 pm
mglviks wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pmPlease!
:humper:
:beer:

Thanks bud!
j2j

Post by j2j »

shoteh wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:00 pm I don't get the Rubio thing at all. We were one of the top 3pt attempt teams last year so I would imagine keeping Dlo handling the ball and trading for someone like Vassell who could space the floor and play some D, instead we went opposite at a guy (one of my favorites to lace in Mn) that cannot shoot 3's.

I'm in this love hate relationship with Rubio coming here and feel OKC outsmarted us.
Rosas making Ryan happy
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

There really was not much trading. Nobody in the Top 3 moved, that should tell you that nobody was moving big name talent tonight for any of the players in this Draft.

Rosas’s picks have just as good of a chance of being as good as any other teams picks in this Draft right now. Now FA and then the Deadline. See where it all goes in another goofy season.

After next season players will be looking to jump ship after their teams don’t make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs....maybe Rosas if he is still here will be able to do something then. Rubio will be a tradable asset.

He took the most explosive player in the draft in Edwards, let’s hope they can get him to take off. Maybe picking a draftnic favorite like Culver and having it blow up in his face drove him to try to not follow the draftnics draft gospel.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

I don't get bringing Ricky back at all and hope he has a trade lined up, but I doubt it, Balmaro, not a fan, but if you are not going to consolidate you have to take a stash, so at least I understand it. McDaniels, I am okay with, a swing for the fences pick. All and all a draft where I don't see a vision. A draft I was expecting more movement and at the end of the day see the makings of a actual lineup. I didn't get that. Now we still have Evans and Spellman taking up roster spots and an expensive back up PG that cannot do what the system demands in getting easy buckets or hitting 3s. On top of that we added another guard to the cluster and didn't address PF. This is so chaotic. Hopefully we can get a PF with the MLE.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 pm I don't get bringing Ricky back at all and hope he has a trade lined up, but I doubt it, Balmaro, not a fan, but if you are not going to consolidate you have to take a stash, so at least I understand it. McDaniels, I am okay with, a swing for the fences pick. All and all a draft where I don't see a vision. A draft I was expecting more movement and at the end of the day see the makings of a actual lineup. I didn't get that. Now we still have Evans and Spellman taking up roster spots and an expensive back up PG that cannot do what the system demands in getting easy buckets or hitting 3s. On top of that we added another guard to the cluster and didn't address PF. This is so chaotic. Hopefully we can get a PF with the MLE.
MInnesota really cannot count on free agency to fill any need. We arent even a secondary destination for NBA players. The free agents we get are bottom of the barrel players we overpay and counting on a MLE level player to step into a needed starting position is really a bad concept for building your team.

It makes zero sense.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:17 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 pm I don't get bringing Ricky back at all and hope he has a trade lined up, but I doubt it, Balmaro, not a fan, but if you are not going to consolidate you have to take a stash, so at least I understand it. McDaniels, I am okay with, a swing for the fences pick. All and all a draft where I don't see a vision. A draft I was expecting more movement and at the end of the day see the makings of a actual lineup. I didn't get that. Now we still have Evans and Spellman taking up roster spots and an expensive back up PG that cannot do what the system demands in getting easy buckets or hitting 3s. On top of that we added another guard to the cluster and didn't address PF. This is so chaotic. Hopefully we can get a PF with the MLE.
MInnesota really cannot count on free agency to fill any need. We arent even a secondary destination for NBA players. The free agents we get are bottom of the barrel players we overpay and counting on a MLE level player to step into a needed starting position is really a bad concept for building your team.

It makes zero sense.
Well it is what happened thus far.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:25 pm Total agree. Good thing I don't get overly frustrated anymore. I always think this team is going to suck.

Butler gave us a taste of being good and then it all vanished to a big pile of shit like before .
I could never have predicted you’d be upset!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 pm

It makes zero sense.
Well it is what happened thus far.
[/quote]

Assuming there is more to come is a stretch. What do the Wolves have to trade? They have zero draft assets. They could trade their 2022 2nd round pick or their 2023 first. They do not have any veteran players that have value to contending teams.

I think at this time their most tradeable player is Malik Beasley who has limitations in trades and has current off court personal issues. Does Jarrett Culver have trade value? Josh OKogie? Jake Layman?

It might even make some sense if this team was a 35-40 win team instead of (extrapolated to a 82 game season) a 24 win team. I like the Edwards pick at #1 but outside of that the only player they added taht will help in 2020-21 is apparently Ricky Rubio. Ricky Freakin Rubio at $17 million per season.

Here is a challenge: make a realistic trade or propose a free agent signing that will impact this team.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The 25 and 33 for 23 for a Euro stash is the one I don't get. The Rubio move is a good move. What did we give up? Not a damn thing really. And we got a good player for moving back 8 spots and picking up another pick? I do that shit all the time.

Obviously they tried to move salary and picks and Culver for a star, zero takers. At least got someone who makes the team better.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

YBBR wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm At least got someone who makes the team better.
We had the #1 pick so sure. But Rubio really adds nothing to this team.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:33 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm At least got someone who makes the team better.
We had the #1 pick so sure. But Rubio really adds nothing to this team.
Cute
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

YBBR wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm The 25 and 33 for 23 for a Euro stash is the one I don't get. The Rubio move is a good move. What did we give up? Not a damn thing really. And we got a good player for moving back 8 spots and picking up another pick? I do that shit all the time.

Obviously they tried to move salary and picks and Culver for a star, zero takers. At least got someone who makes the team better.
Honestly, if it were just 17 for 25 and 28 straight up, I might do it. Throw in Ricky and it's a no-brainer. Sure, he's expensive, but that's Taylor's problem and not mine. What FA were we going to get with that money? And if we want to move him, he'll be movable. He can play and $17M isn't that much by modern NBA standards.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm The 25 and 33 for 23 for a Euro stash is the one I don't get. The Rubio move is a good move. What did we give up? Not a damn thing really. And we got a good player for moving back 8 spots and picking up another pick? I do that shit all the time.

Honestly, if it were just 17 for 25 and 28 straight up, I might do it. Throw in Ricky and it's a no-brainer. Sure, he's expensive, but that's Taylor's problem and not mine. What FA were we going to get with that money? And if we want to move him, he'll be movable. He can play and $17M isn't that much by modern NBA standards.
Word. I feel like this team has a problem with dealing too much in the hypotheticals and what ifs. Or at least our subset of the fan base. As ineloquent as it sounds sometimes you got to just put some motherfuckers that can play on the floor and make it happen.