Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: *** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Edwards with Saunders:

14.3 ppg
3.6 rpg
2.5 apg
0.7 spg

Edwards with Finch:

22.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
2.9 apg
1.6 spg
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:30 am Edwards with Saunders:

14.3 ppg
3.6 rpg
2.5 apg
0.7 spg

Edwards with Finch:

22.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
2.9 apg
1.6 spg
Finch is coaching the kid and it’s clear the kid is listening. I wondered if the kid was all hype and not coachable prior to the draft, well I was wrong. Still shake my head at some of his plays - not like Jim Pete who seems so fatalistic when ANT shots early in the clock or doesn’t do something perfect. I love watching the kid and it’s easy for me living with his mistakes because he slowly learns and does so much other stuff well.

ROTY

Rosas nailed the pick.

Ball would have been great as well, but this team doesn’t run. As constructed - ANT is a great pick.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

14.3 ppg
3.6 rpg
2.5 apg
0.7 spg

Edwards with Finch:

22.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
2.9 apg
1.6 spg
What a glaring statistic. Crazy how important coaching really is. Especially for the young kids.

I'm glad Rosas recognized that a change needed to happen this year and not wait. Time is too precious.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Decker23 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:24 pm

14.3 ppg
3.6 rpg
2.5 apg
0.7 spg

Edwards with Finch:

22.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
2.9 apg
1.6 spg
What a glaring statistic. Crazy how important coaching really is. Especially for the young kids.

I'm glad Rosas recognized that a change needed to happen this year and not wait. Time is too precious.
Decker23 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:36 pm He's a ball hog - not good at anything really.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

How do you rate D though? One of the best things he did during his first few games with Saunders was shut down players with stellar perimeter D. He is copping a lot of flack now about his poor D.
T_J

Post by T_J »

LaMelo is coming back. ROY is now in jeopardy.

SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 pm
Maybe I’m a Debbie downer but I rarely put a ton of stock in commentary from fellow players. Most of the time they just say positive things about others regardless. Kobe once said of a young Andrew Wiggins “it’s like looking at a younger version of me”. I wouldn’t read too much into comments like this until he proves it over a longer period of time
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

My hope is that he doesn't get TOO cocky and think he's arrived.
He's got swag, but he has to put the work in to be an all timer.

He's still my last string of interest for my Wolves. A top 3 pick would keep me hoping longer. (Suggs) I hope.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:02 am My hope is that he doesn't get TOO cocky and think he's arrived.

He's still my last string of interest for my Wolves. A top 3 pick would keep me hoping longer. (Suggs) I hope.
I was going to say a similar thing, basically, I don't want him to win ROY. Even better if he comes in third or fourth. Get that chip on his shoulder. :thumbsup:
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:02 am My hope is that he doesn't get TOO cocky and think he's arrived.

I was going to say a similar thing, basically, I don't want him to win ROY. Even better if he comes in third or fourth. Get that chip on his shoulder. :thumbsup:
ROY wont upset me, but his thinking he's the shit will. I have seen this too many times where players get individual awards, and think they have it figured out. Then once other teams get game film on him, they shut down what he does well. He needs to continue to grow his game so they don't know what to expect. Rubio is a semi good example. Once player saw he was a terrible shooter, They didn't even guard him. (Not even at the rim.)

Swag is good, but sometimes costly. (Crawford) met him once at his kids game, and he said he was never going to play for Thibs again. Guess retirement wasn't an option.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

---

Some ground rules, before we begin:
  • This analysis is only about offensive comparisons. Individual player defense is too tricky to measure, particularly using box score stats, to make confident comparisons, so the model calculating these comps ignores that half of the game.
  • The comparisons use a mix of stats that reflect a mix of offensive style, like usage rate, and offensive success, like points scored. The three counting stats used—points, rebounds, and assists—are converted to a per-75-possessions basis to account for differences in minutes played and pace, and true shooting percentage is also indexed to the league average to account for efficiency inflation.
  • The pool of possible comps includes 532 players—every rookie since the 1999-2000 season to play at least 800 minutes.
Anthony Edwards, Timberwolves (no. 1 pick)
Top five comps: (1) Coby White, (2) J.R. Smith, (3) Collin Sexton, (4) Dion Waiters, (5) Jordan Crawford

What it means: Edwards is one of the most extreme examples of a high-usage, low-efficiency rookie. The 19-year-old has fired up shots this season, with or without Karl-Anthony Towns and D’Angelo Russell next to him, becoming one of 16 rookies this century with a usage rate of at least 27 percent. But among that group, the only players with a lower efficiency are Jordan Crawford and Dennis Smith Jr.

(In this chart, TS+ compares a player’s true shooting percentage to the league average; 100 is average, higher than 100 is above average, and lower than 100 is below average.)

That dichotomy drives Edwards’s largely lackluster comps; J.R. Smith enjoyed a long, productive career, and Sexton is now a valuable offensive player, but none of these players’ careers represent a desirable outcome for a no. 1 pick. Nobody on Edwards’s list has ever made an All-Star team. (However, Russell, a one-time All-Star, is his no. 6 comp, just behind Crawford.)

To improve his standing in the years to come, Edwards will need to boost both his creation for others—none of these five comps is particularly known for his passing ability—and his own efficiency. Even as he’s poured in points since the All-Star break, he’s needed a lot of shots to get there. Out of 48 players this season—all players, not just rookies—with a usage rate of at least 25 percent, Edwards ranks last in true shooting percentage.

One further item to note: In The Ringer’s NBA Draft Guide last year, Kevin O’Connor pegged Waiters as one of Edwards’s top comps. The early stats bear out that unfortunate impression, too.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

memyworld wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:53 am

"One further item to note: In The Ringer’s NBA Draft Guide last year, Kevin O’Connor pegged Waiters as one of Edwards’s top comps. The early stats bear out that unfortunate impression, too."
Of course these rookies are going to look like their draft comps this year. Without summer league, training camp, etc., what chance did they have to improve and prepare themselves for the season? If anything, Ball's time in two professional leagues was his major advantage over his peers this season. It doesn't explain why his shooting is better suddenly, but it does explain his composure and production.

If you want to look at different metrics, Edwards has gradually improved most of his advanced stats as the season's progressed:

Positive Trend:
  • OFF RTG
  • EFG%
  • TS%
  • PIE (Player Impact Estimate)
Negative Trends:
  • DEF RTG

If Edwards isn't progressively more efficient over the next two seasons, then the Wolves have a problem. Until then, enjoy the show.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Ant needs to work on 3 things imo.
-3 point shooting
-getting the ref to blow that whistle when he drives
-DEFENSE

If he does that? Superstar.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

He didn't win the rising stars MVP though. He HAS to be ROY otherwise he'll be a bust

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 am

He didn't win the rising stars MVP though. He HAS to be ROY otherwise he'll be a bust
I need to learn the game. :irked:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 am

I need to learn the game. :irked:
I think I know someone that can teach you the game.
T_J

Post by T_J »

memyworld wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:53 am

---

Some ground rules, before we begin:
  • This analysis is only about offensive comparisons. Individual player defense is too tricky to measure, particularly using box score stats, to make confident comparisons, so the model calculating these comps ignores that half of the game.
  • The comparisons use a mix of stats that reflect a mix of offensive style, like usage rate, and offensive success, like points scored. The three counting stats used—points, rebounds, and assists—are converted to a per-75-possessions basis to account for differences in minutes played and pace, and true shooting percentage is also indexed to the league average to account for efficiency inflation.
  • The pool of possible comps includes 532 players—every rookie since the 1999-2000 season to play at least 800 minutes.
Anthony Edwards, Timberwolves (no. 1 pick)
Top five comps: (1) Coby White, (2) J.R. Smith, (3) Collin Sexton, (4) Dion Waiters, (5) Jordan Crawford

What it means: Edwards is one of the most extreme examples of a high-usage, low-efficiency rookie. The 19-year-old has fired up shots this season, with or without Karl-Anthony Towns and D’Angelo Russell next to him, becoming one of 16 rookies this century with a usage rate of at least 27 percent. But among that group, the only players with a lower efficiency are Jordan Crawford and Dennis Smith Jr.

(In this chart, TS+ compares a player’s true shooting percentage to the league average; 100 is average, higher than 100 is above average, and lower than 100 is below average.)

That dichotomy drives Edwards’s largely lackluster comps; J.R. Smith enjoyed a long, productive career, and Sexton is now a valuable offensive player, but none of these players’ careers represent a desirable outcome for a no. 1 pick. Nobody on Edwards’s list has ever made an All-Star team. (However, Russell, a one-time All-Star, is his no. 6 comp, just behind Crawford.)

To improve his standing in the years to come, Edwards will need to boost both his creation for others—none of these five comps is particularly known for his passing ability—and his own efficiency. Even as he’s poured in points since the All-Star break, he’s needed a lot of shots to get there. Out of 48 players this season—all players, not just rookies—with a usage rate of at least 25 percent, Edwards ranks last in true shooting percentage.

One further item to note: In The Ringer’s NBA Draft Guide last year, Kevin O’Connor pegged Waiters as one of Edwards’s top comps. The early stats bear out that unfortunate impression, too.
This is a really crappy article with a lot of bad comparisons in it. I realize it's stats based, but it's really pretty horrible.

I don't mean to shoot the messenger, but this Ringer writer should maybe find a new job.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am Ant needs to work on 3 things imo.
-3 point shooting
-DEFENSE

The other night, Butler put on a master class of getting his body into the defender to create a foul. Part of that is driving all the way to the hoop. Edwards has a tendency of jumping into contact instead of creating that contact on the floor.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Can't find a video but here's a transcript of a recent interview he had. Long but this guy is hilarious. Read it! :lol:
Anthony Edwards Thinks A-Rod and J-Lo Should Get Back Together
The emerging NBA star talks about his Rookie of the Year season, living in Minneapolis during the Derek Chauvin trial, and the very famous likely new co-owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves.
BY TYLER R. TYNES

April 20, 2021
Anthony Edwards during a game in San Francisco January 27 2021.
Anthony Edwards during a game in San Francisco, January 27, 2021.Noah Graham / Getty Images
Anthony Edwards, the number one draft pick for the Minnesota Timberwolves who has recently begun to justify that status with highlight dunks and elite pace attacking the rim, would like to assure us that there isn’t much he can’t do. Especially if it’s a sport. And especially if it’s for money. Basketball is just one of his numerous talents, but according to Edwards, he can also throw a baseball 92mph right now and jump on a track with Lil’ Baby, the superstar Atlanta rapper who grew up in the same neighborhood.

The potential Rookie of the Year has been on a tear since the All-Star Break (23.4 points, 5 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 3 assists per game on 34.3% 3 point shooting), but Edwards has also become known for his affable personality and, most recently, not knowing who baseball giant Alex Rodriguez is.

In a recent sit down with GQ, Edwards learned that Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez are no longer together and explained, in his thick, delightful Southwest Atlanta accent, why he looks up to Jimmy Butler, Allen Iverson and some of the great provocateurs in NBA history.

GQ: So...you really don’t know who A-Rod is, huh?

Anthony Edwards: Well...I do now!

What made you change that?

Everybody was texting me, tellin’ me ‘bout it, that’s it, forreal.

What did you learn in the last few days about the dude who might own your team?

They told me he’s a Hall of Famer. Somebody told me he’s like the Michael Jordan of baseball.

I feel like that’s a stretch.

Oh.

You didn’t watch any games or highlights to verify that with your own eyes?

Nah, I ain’t watch none, nah. I know he date J-Lo [Jennifer Lopez], though!

He does not.

What?

He used to date J-Lo, but they just broke up.

Damn!

You look like you’re disappointed.

Yeah, I am.

Any reason?

He gonna be my owner, I want him to be happy.

You think he’s gonna be happier with J-Lo?

Yeah!!

When you put it that way....that doesn’t seem wrong.

Yeah! Like, for sure!!

Which other famous baseball players do you actually know?

I know, like, Hank Aaron...Barry Bonds….you know what I’m saying? Jackie Robinson…I know them.

So, you know the Black baseball players.

Yeah! I know the Black baseball players, fasho! But, uh, I know Chipper Jones. I know of him. I know...What’s his name? Freeman? Freddie Freeman?

So, you also know everyone who’s played in Atlanta.

I know uhhhhhhhh….what’s the dude who played for Atlanta? No. 22? The left hand hitter? He was like center field or something. Richardson? Maybe?

I have no idea who you are talking about.

I know Ortiz.

Which Ortiz?

The hitta! The dude who be hittin’ home runs!

On what team?

He plays for the Red Sox.

David Ortiz?

Big Papi Ortiz! That's his name ainnit?

Yes, that’s his name. I’m glad we figured this out.

Yuh! I know him. Who else I know….Oh! Derek Jeter? Yeah! That’s my favorite player.

There you go! Derek Jeter! He might’ve actually been the Michael Jordan of baseball.

Yuh, Derek Jeter fire.

Cool, glad we know some baseball guys. You’ve said before that your favorite team as a kid was the Thunder, because of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. You’ve played both those teams now, is that still true? Has your perception of those two changed at all?

Nahhhhh. As far as Durant being my favorite player? Nah. Hell nah, that hasn’t changed. He’s still my favorite player.

What reinforced it for you?

He gave us 30 off of 15 shots. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody, when I look at the box score, look at the sheet, and they take 15 shots and they get 30. Like, I haven’t seen that. I’ve looked at every superstar that we played. He had 30 on 15 shots, he was 11-for-15.

Did you guard him?

….nah I ain’t guard him.

You happy you ain’t guard him?

I ain’t gonna say I’m happy I didn’t. But, he’s like seven feet. I’m 6’4”, I can’t really do too much.

What about Westbrook? You had 21 against the Wizards.

Yuh, Yuh, Yuh, Yuh, Yuhhhhhh! I love playing Westbrook. Fasho! ‘Cuz, I can guard him. That’s my matchup. They always put me on Westbrook. Yeah, I had fun with that.

How well do you think you did against him?

I did ‘aight. I had a couple blocks on him and played some good defense. He still, though, got that burst of speed that you just can’t stop, forreal.

Another person you’ve talked about is Allen Iverson. What was it about him that stuck out for you?

He just himself. He reminds me of myself. I don’t really care how people view me. I’mma be myself no matter what. That’s what I like about him and also about Jimmy Butler. When I started to read on and watch Jimmy Butler. He’s himself no matter what.

Do you see a parallel with yourself?

We all got different backgrounds. We not the same people at all, we all have different features. But the one thing we have in common is we are gonna be ourselves no matter what.

But, because of that, you get a few haters along the way. Have you noticed in your rookie season that because you’ve decided to be a boisterous and open athlete who’s willing to speak on certain issues, that you get any negativity coming back to you?

Fasho. Being myself, I get more positive vibes than anything, ‘cuz people be like, “Yeah, I like him, he one of one, he original.” But, you know, some people gon’ hate. They say, “He’s not camera ready, he don’t know how to speak.” They just be hatin’. They don’t know I’m being myself.

That doesn’t bother you?

Nah. MmMm. Nawl.

You don’t care?

I don’t care how people be viewin’ me. As long as I’m being 100 at all times then I’m good.

Tell me how your game has elevated over the last few months or so? [Before the All Star Game he was averaging 14.9 points per game, after the All Star game he’s averaging 23.4 points per game] A big piece seemed to be the coaching change.

[Chris Finch] really let me play my game. He go out there and be like, “just play yo game, do you.” So, I’m just having fun at that point. When I’m having fun I’m playing my best.

Is there a difference between that and how the season started?

It’s hard to compare it. Because I didn’t get no preseason training, no Summer League, Ryan [Saunders] wasn’t able to spend a lot of time with me. And then it was like that [snaps fingers]. He only had a little amount of time to try to help me develop. But Coach Finch...I was playing a couple of games already. I was coming off the bench. Then, I was starting. And he got here and he told me to go out there and play my game. We played Toronto twice already and the first game I played, I had a really good game against them and he [enabled me] to play my game.

You’ve been ballin’, though. You averaged around 24 points a game in March and 23 points a game since the All Star Break. But you aren’t the clear cut choice for Rookie of the Year. What do you think? Are you the Rookie of the Year?

Everybody be askin’ me, I just tell them the same thing: Whoever picking the trophy, whatever it’s called, if they think I am, then yeah. If they don’t, then cool. I’m just here to play basketball. I’m tryin’ to be the best that I can be.

I think you’re the Rookie of the Year! Tell me why you might be.

Well, I’m playing at a really high level right now. Like, I’m playing at a really, really high level. I’m scoring the ball at will. I’m getting a lot of steals. I feel like I’m really fun to watch.

See, you don’t know if I have a Rookie of the Year vote. I might need some convincing. We know you’re fun. We see it! What else is it?

Ain’t too much I’mma do convincin’ wise and talkin’ wise. I just like to go to the court. I don’t really do too much talkin’.

But you do rap, too, huh?

Yuh.

Who taught you how to rap?

It’s just in my family. My dad can rap. All his sons can rap. We all can rap.

What made you choose the Lil’Baby beat?

‘Cuz Baby my boy. He had, like, this lil’ challenge for whoever could slide this beat or do something. I decided to just do it for fun.

Is Baby actually your boy? Do you really know him? Are y’all close, or is it a play thing? Like how Meek Mill could be my cousin, because I’m from Philly.

Nah, we from the same hood. We cool, that’s my boy.

You had a line in one of your freestyles that said, “and my chain is so cold that it’s snowin’.” Where can I acquire a chain of that frostiness?

You know betta than me!

How do I know better than you?!

You probably got more money than me.

You are about to be a millionaire!

[Edwards smiles mischievously.]

You know what, how about we just go jewelry shopping when this is all over?

Oh! We can do that! Fasho!

This is all taking away from me asking you when your mixtape is gonna drop.

I ain’t gone say a mixtape. I might drop two or three songs. A lil’ EP! And probably in like the beginning of next season.

What should I expect? Am I getting trap beats? Am I getting R&B?

Nah! No R&B! Nah!

What?! You’re not singin?!

Fasho not [laughs]! You just gon’ get somebody from the hood. Thas’ what you gon’ get.

Are we getting a Lil’Baby feature?

Fasho! My boy gon’ get on there.

I’m expecting that now. Do you have a rap name?

Nawl. They just know me when I get on the track.

What gives you this levity when you play basketball and do interviews? What makes you feel like you actually can be yourself?

I don’t know. I jus’ be havin’ fun widdit. Like, I don’t need no push, no edge. I just try to have fun with everything I do, forreal.

Even though you don’t know any baseball players, you used to play baseball. You said you could play in the MLB right now, do you still think that’s true?

Ohhhhh, fasho.

What makes you say that with such confidence?

You gotta give me a month to get my arm back right.

A...a month?!

I gotta get my arm back right! I was a pitcher, but it be hurtin’ my elbow. So once I get my arm back right we be good.

Okay how fast are you throwing it?

If I throw it right now?

If you throw it right now, and if I gave you a month.

If you gave me a month it might be a hunnid.

100 mph?

A hunnid.

You lying ya ass off.

[laughs] I’m dead ass! I’m dead ass! I sweatagod!

I want to see a video of you a month from now once you train.

Nah, I’m not finna train for that.

What is it if you allegedly threw it right now, then?

92, 93 mph.

92 right now?!

Yeah, fasho!

Well, the Braves might be able to use you.

Yeah, they can use me…..In my offseason!

You said you would be down to do any sport as long as money is on the line. You think you can play others as well?

Yuh.

Name a few: lacrosse, hockey?

Yuh, I play allat. But I’m talm’bout: football, baseball, tennis….and I can swim.

You can swim? What events?

Straight down. I don’t know no events. I just wanna go straight down.

Is that because of your job as a professional athlete? Not everyone gets paid to do what you do, but this is your occupation. Do you take a certain level of professionalism when it comes to your work? Or is this just a job you do?

It definitely takes a different level. It’s a job, just like other people have. It’s a job, but it definitely takes a different level of focus, time management, you have to be smart. You have to grow mentally. It’s not even about the physical part. That’s how you got here. But once you get it mentally, I feel like everything will be ‘aight.

If you talk to some guys who are as dominant as you were in college, they can kind of moonwalk through games. What’s been the difference between your time in Georgia and the focus you’ve developed now?

You just have to go out every night and just be ready to play. At Georgia you can go out and be like, [lazily] “Oh? We got a game today?” Like, nah. [In the NBA] somebody on the other team tryin’ to prove themselves to you, like you not the number one pick. Whoever you is. Like if you LeBron James. Somebody on the other team is trying to show you that you ain’t that good. You gotta come out to play every night.

Did you have your “Welcome To The League” moment?

Bradley Beal, yeah. He hit a couple tough shots on me, like suuuuuper tough shots and I was like [raises eyebrows, starts shaking head back and forth] ‘aightttt.

What’s the dunk of the year?

That dunk Miles Bridges did.

How do you create something like that in an in game situation?

I don’t know howwww he did that [we both laugh]. I do not know. His was on, like, Clint Capela. Clint Capela is a known shot-blocker. For you to go up there and ... [thinks]. Yeah, nah. He got the dunk of the year, for sure.

In the last few weeks some Timberwolves games were cancelled because of curfews due to protests stemming from the murder of Black folks by police officers in Minnesota. What was it like for you as a rookie to go through that?

I was at the crib and they texted us just saying, “No game today, the state shut it down.” And I was like damn. I was ready to play. We had KD that night. I was ready to play. Then, they said we might play tomorrow at 3 pm. And that fucked everything up. ‘Cuz I usually wake up at 3. We don’t have to be at the arena until 4. So, I wake up then, get dressed, get a shower and get to the game. But, that shit was crazy, though.

What’s it been like living through this? Both Daunte Wright’s killing and the trial of Derek Chauvin?

What’s crazy is: I really don’t know. I ain’t seen nothing. Whenever I leave the house it’s the crib to the gym. No cars in the way. No nothing. A straight shot. I don’t see nothing.

Is it weird to feel removed from everything even though you are in the middle of a lot of action?

People ask me all the time. My coaches from middle school call me and ask what its like and, bruh, I honestly can’t tell you. I don’t see nothing at all. I just see it on Instagram and stuff.

I understand that. I’ve been to protest zones in some cities and it, sometimes, will only take up a small part of the city. The entire world could be talking about downtown but your life could feel the same.

It’s crazy to think I live here and all this stuff is going on. But, I mostly be in my own world, man. I stay out of everybody’s way. I just be chillin’.

This season you’ve been good, fun and what a lot of people of this generation want to see out of a basketball player. Have you accomplished everything you wanted this year or is there more you still need to get?

To end the year? It’s more I need to get.

Like what?

[Tilts his head and stares] More. Shit. More. Morreeee. Whatever there is left on the table, I need it.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's nearly impossible to not REALLY like this kid.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like that.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

What event do you do in swimming?

Straight down! I don't know no events, straight down!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

memyworld wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:39 am
kilkenny wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am Ant needs to work on 3 things imo.
-3 point shooting
-DEFENSE

The other night, Butler put on a master class of getting his body into the defender to create a foul. Part of that is driving all the way to the hoop. Edwards has a tendency of jumping into contact instead of creating that contact on the floor.
Jimmy plays smart old man ball. He ain't the most gifted athlete (relative to the lebrons of the world that is) but he maximizes what he has.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I feel like he's swagging at an almost ignorant level as of late.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:58 pm I feel like he's swagging at an almost ignorant level as of late.
How close to Lavine level swag? :thinking:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Been meaning to ask this about ANT's FT's. Are you allowed to step over the free throw line before the ball goes through the hoop (or hits something)? Even if it's a part of your shooting stroke?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:32 pm Been meaning to ask this about ANT's FT's. Are you allowed to step over the free throw line before the ball goes through the hoop (or hits something)? Even if it's a part of your shooting stroke?
all those rules seem really squishy in the nba. guys are jostling for position and getting into the lane all the time before they are allowed to by the rules.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.