Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Re: ** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
j2j

Post by j2j »

This is why Bertans got insane money. He has an NBA skill that he does better than anybody.

We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm
interesting how small ball pioneers houston just shucked their 6-7 center and have added 6-10 PF/C christian wood and 6-11 behemoth attempted comebacker C DMC. i guess that idea was short lived. gersson?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The rich teams can still rob free agency. Some good vets still remaining who I could see signing cheap deals to ring chase. Most notably Batum and Whiteside.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm not sure who'd be going after whiteside at this point. does charlotte have enough left in the cash tank? i know they'd been talked about earlier as a possible destination for him. but they just resigned biyombo to a one year $2M deal. willy hernangomez still has a year left at $1.7M. and they drafted both vernon carey jr and nick richards. something tells me hassan ain't going there. china? if former big buck guys like biyombo are signing one year deals for 2 mil - one would think there'd be better money for whiteside in asia than what some nba team is going to toss his way now.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm The rich teams can still rob free agency. Some good vets still remaining who I could see signing cheap deals to ring chase. Most notably Batum and Whiteside.
i'm starting to like that idea someone just floated that gives the bottom five? teams an extra player the following year with no cap hit.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Not a fan of giving bottom five an extra player so yummy. I would much rather see the NBA go with a hard cap. Lakers shouldn’t be able to get guys like Harrell and then sign Davis. Make Davis and others count against your cap with a cap hold until they resign or sign with other teams. Or maybe make playoff teams mid level gets reduced to 3 mil a year while non playoffs teams get 9 to spend.

The system is broken. It’s getting to be ridiculous. Teams like Golden State can add solid to good players like Kelly Oubre that makes 18 mil but with tax will cost Golden State 80 mil this year!!!! Yes 80 mil for Kelly Oubre. But because it’s Golden state they do it and won’t blink an eye. Meanwhile mid market teams can’t even come close to that.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Because the luxury tax is not a hinderance to these teams, Id love to see a rule that makes it illegal for teams to be over the cap for more than one year. Have to cut players and sign only garage players Around your superstars would be a good
Solution to this crap of being able to go over the cap as long as you can afford itS
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm The rich teams can still rob free agency. Some good vets still remaining who I could see signing cheap deals to ring chase. Most notably Batum and Whiteside.
i'm starting to like that idea someone just floated that gives the bottom five? teams an extra player the following year with no cap hit.
In theory that might be okay, but that would mean GSW, who is likely to get a top 4 seed this year would benefit from that rule.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:07 am
In theory that might be okay, but that would mean GSW, who is likely to get a top 4 seed this year would benefit from that rule.
Is Golden St really a top 4 seed without Klay Thompson? I think Wiseman will be good eventually, but right now, I am not sold that they will be able to be much better than a .500 team.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 am

Is Golden St really a top 4 seed without Klay Thompson? I think Wiseman will be good eventually, but right now, I am not sold that they will be able to be much better than a .500 team.
I guess it depends on how well Curry plays. Draymond also seems to have tailed off a bit. I think Wiggins will fit in pretty well there if those two are playing.
j2j

Post by j2j »

We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 am
:hair:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 am
Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 am

I guess it depends on how well Curry plays. Draymond also seems to have tailed off a bit. I think Wiggins will fit in pretty well there if those two are playing.
Without Thompson I think they're a fringe playoff team in the packed west.... if Curry gets hurt again... well we know where they'll go.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:34 pm This is why Bertans got insane money. He has an NBA skill that he does better than anybody.

I wish I could have been 6'10.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I'd be pissed if I was a Kings fan. You initially thought you were getting Donte DiVencenzo for Bogdanovic and now you're getting nothing.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:30 pm I'd be pissed if I was a Kings fan. You initially thought you were getting Donte DiVencenzo for Bogdanovic and now you're getting nothing.
This really could have ended after the first sentence.

The rest just explores more proof.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Fuck Atl is loaded.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

mglviks wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:30 pm I'd be pissed if I was a Kings fan. You initially thought you were getting Donte DiVencenzo for Bogdanovic and now you're getting nothing.
This really could have ended after the first sentence.

The rest just explores more proof.
Haha.

You know I never thought fans and the league looked at the Timberwolves like the Kings or like what the Knicks have now become, but now I think they do. That sucks.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

How its it that the Western Teams just getting better and better? When does the Eastern Conference catch up. I am anxiously awaiting the Harden to Brooklyn trade. That would drop Houston out of playoffs in the West.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am
j2j wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 am
:hair:
We didn't need him.. :|
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mglviks wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:12 am Fuck Atl is loaded.
i was thinking the same. new power rankings came out - if i remember correctly, the landed at 10th in the east. and i'm thinking - i don't think so. remember how we wanted to get reddish in a deal for the first? but he was too much for them to part with? nba's depth chart has him third at SF on the hawks right now.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

here are some interestings in case we rescind the offer to jmac. and it all works financially if the players are agreeable to vet mins.

PG - gary payton II - very good defender, terrific athlete, strong and long - not as offensively minded as jmac
PG - elfrid payton - i think he's still just hanging out there. last year's stats - 10/5/7 in about 28 mpg. good size and good defender.
SF - michael kidd-gilchrist - long time nba starter. 8 year vet. never has had much on O, but has been a lockdown defender both inside and out.
SF/PF - keita bates-diop - smart, skilled player. bring him back bring him back (just a chant, not sure i really feel that way).
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

I don't think he'll get more touches in Portland with Lillard, McCollum, Carmelo, Nurkic, Roco, Trent Jr, etc.

Style

Post by Style »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:15 pm I don't think he'll get more touches in Portland with Lillard, McCollum, Carmelo, Nurkic, Roco, Trent Jr, etc.

Yeah the sooner Derrick Jones realizes he’s not “touching the pill” for any NBA team, the better his NBA prognosis becomes.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

And there he goes to the Trailblazers.... like??
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

justin patton waived by the clippers.

hassan whiteside signs a one year 2 mil deal with the kings.
Style

Post by Style »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:17 pm justin patton waived by the clippers.

hassan whiteside signs a one year 2 mil deal with the kings.
I’d have loved to sign Whiteside. Kick rocks JMac!!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Bring Patton back at the min.