Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SO_MONEY

Re: ** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

Post by SO_MONEY »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm Spell man and Evans traded for Ed Davis.
I think his salary is being paid by NY, so don't be surprised if he is waived or traded.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

They included a 2nd rounder. He might be kept.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

better be kept. he's a decent vet big who can play both spots.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

We comin'!

Davis barely playedlast year, but if he returns to form, he's fantastic rebounder and defender. Hopefully he has something left.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

irishman89 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:08 pm They included a 2nd rounder. He might be kept.
NYK received TWO seconds for taking on his salary, they agreed to pay the remaining salary, Now they get Spellman, Evans and a third 2nd. I am sure NY is paying him and he isn't worth this on its face, if we needed to pay him we would have got something back. So my guess is they waive him and sign a player or he will be used as salary filler in a trade that doesn't cost a dime for the other team.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

James Edwards III @JLEdwardsIII
2 minutes ago
Hearing that the #Pistons will likely waive-and-stretch Zhaire Smith, who they just received in a trade for Tony Bradley. @Vincent Goodwill first.

This dude was #16 just two years ago.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:17 pm
irishman89 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:08 pm They included a 2nd rounder. He might be kept.
NYK received TWO seconds for taking on his salary, they agreed to pay the remaining salary, Now they get Spellman, Evans and a third 2nd. I am sure NY is paying him and he isn't worth this on its face, if we needed to pay him we would have got something back. So my guess is they waive him and sign a player or he will be used as salary filler in a trade that doesn't cost a dime for the other team.
Cutting him doesn’t make sense. It’s not like we’ve got extra to spend if NY is paying his salary. He’d still be on our books for the year, he fits a need and is familiar with both Russell and Prigioni.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

irishman89 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm James Edwards III @JLEdwardsIII
2 minutes ago
Hearing that the #Pistons will likely waive-and-stretch Zhaire Smith, who they just received in a trade for Tony Bradley. @Vincent Goodwill first.

This dude was #16 just two years ago.
i hope he gets it back together. nbadraftnet rated his athleticism at 10 - you don't often see that, paired with what they said was an excellent bbiq. this is a 45" vertical jumper guy who plays good D. but he hurt his foot which knocked him out - and then had this weird situation with a food allergy that knocked his 6-3 200 muscley frame all the way down to 160. i think he's back from that now - but obviously his nba train got derailed. former college teammate of culver.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Cutting him doesn’t make sense. It’s not like we’ve got extra to spend if NY is paying his salary. He’d still be on our books for the year, he fits a need and is familiar with both Russell and Prigioni.
Depends on if there is a minimum contact type guy they like more than him. Trade is more likely.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Depends on if there is a minimum contact type guy they like more than him. Trade is more likely.
Still makes no sense to me.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:40 pm

He would be instant savings for a team and that has value, but only before he expires. And also acts as outgoing salary to help bring in a player that makes more if attached to our small salary guys.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

He would be instant savings for a team and that has value, but only before he expires. And also acts as outgoing salary to help bring in a player that makes more than our small salary guys.
Spellman and Evans are both expiring unless their options are picked up. We dumped both of them, plus a second, for a guy that fits a need and we’re... just going to waive or trade him?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

We've been saying bring Ed Davis in here for years. Better late than never I guess. I have a soft spot for these lunch pail type bigs who rebound and just do the dirty work. Taj Gibson although a pretty skilled one of these is the same type of player.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:51 pm

He would be instant savings for a team and that has value, but only before he expires. And also acts as outgoing salary to help bring in a player that makes more than our small salary guys.
Spellman and Evans are both expiring unless their options are picked up. We dumped both of them, plus a second, for a guy that fits a need and we’re... just going to waive or trade him?
Likely traded around the deadline once he can be combined with other players. This isn't rocket surgery. In the meantime he is a vet presence.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Likely traded around the deadline once he can be combined with other players. This isn't rocket surgery. In the meantime he is a vet presence.
Spellman and Evans could be too. It’s not rocket surgery. He fills a hole and is familiar with two coaches and Russell. Unless they’re nabbing someone with a higher profile that’ll be around long term, waiving or dealing the guy makes no sense.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:18 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Spellman and Evans could be too. It’s not rocket surgery. He fills a hole and is familiar with two coaches and Russell. Unless they’re nabbing someone with a higher profile that’ll be around long term, waiving or dealing the guy makes no sense.
Spellman and Evans would cost Glen $4mil. Spellman and Evans would cost any team that trades for them $4mil. I have no idea your point it makes perfect sense. What wouldn't make sense is just letting him expire. If you don't understand he was brought in to be packaged with some of our smaller contact guys like Culver, Okogie, Layman ect... or to likely save money I don't know what to tell you, but that is why. Will a deal happen, how would I know, but it is why he is here above his on court production.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j2j

Post by j2j »

This is such a weird discussion.

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 pm This is such a weird discussion.
I certainly never thought I’d be having an argument over the logic of dealing for a likely 20 mpg role player who fits a need on the final year of his deal.
j2j

Post by j2j »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:39 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 pm This is such a weird discussion.
I certainly never thought I’d be having an argument over the logic of dealing for a likely 20 mpg role player who fits a need on the final year of his deal.
:lol: Like what's even going on? Why are we overthinking this? He's cheap, he fills a role, great lockerroom presence, and maybe he's a filler at the deadline when the season is a lost cause.

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

He’s not going to be waived.

Talk about a reach.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Timberwolves pulled offer to Kelan Martin. Does that free up another roster spot?

I was hoping they would bring in Hollis-Jefferson for defense but not at the expense of JMac.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:29 am
Phoenix needed that. I think we didn't see much Dario talk because there was always the assumption he was going back there.

Phoenix should be an decent team. I don't think they jump up to top 4... but will be solidly in the 6-8 seed range.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Can you guys tell I am not busy at work this week?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 am Timberwolves pulled offer to Kelan Martin. Does that free up another roster spot?

I was hoping they would bring in Hollis-Jefferson for defense but not at the expense of JMac.
It opens up a two-way contact, probably for a forward.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

How do people compare Dario and Juancho? I am curious on this....
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Good deal for Boucher. I figured it would have taken almost the full midlevel to pry him away from Toronto.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:51 am
How do people compare Dario and Juancho? I am curious on this....
I gave it a full, expert breakdown in the Launcho signing page. Be sure to check it out. Hit subscribe and "like" it if you want more obscure NBA role player content.