Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: ** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

Post by Thrillkill »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:15 pm
T_J wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm
Fuck off Doogie. God he's a useless sack of shit.
Has he ever broken a story or is he always 15min late due to waxing his chest, plucking his mother in laws nose hairs, at his kids soccer practice or something else?
Are you kidding? Where are you getting your "have shown interest" and "heard they showed some interest" blockbusters?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

And then someone on his timeline says something like “wow, the Wolves could’ve used him” and his bitch ass responds with some smart ass remark like “I don’t expect fans to get this but teams talk to agents all the time! They don’t all get done!” Yea we get it you fucking buffoon.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:20 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 pm

They have pretty good NBA writers. What content do you prefer?
Give me the Ringer...if seasons were decided by writers draft and free agent grades why even play the season. We get it Yummy hates the Beasley deal and is going to continue to bitch and moan about it. He’s a wolf, get over it
sid. what i said is true. i'm glad we got him. he's shown he can be an idiot. we paid too much for him. and as for your disparagement of BR, i'll just assume the writers there look at all this stuff closer than you or I ever do. that you would think your opinion of these players carries more weight than the staff there is sort of telling.
Agree he appears to be a knucklehead but how about we let this play out on the court...you can think he is paid too much but he was going to get this contract with someone. If they thought they could get him for cheaper they would have let him go to market and get an offer sheet like it appears they are for Jauncho, the Knicks had cap space and were interested. I agree the writers know more but they don’t know how it’s going to play out on the court as none of us do as KAT, DLo and Beasley played what 1 quarter together??
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:21 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Has he ever broken a story or is he always 15min late due to waxing his chest, plucking his mother in laws nose hairs, at his kids soccer practice or something else?
Are you kidding? Where are you getting your "have shown interest" and "heard they showed some interest" blockbusters?
I come here for that, it’s broken here sooner
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:21 pm
And then someone on his timeline says something like “wow, the Wolves could’ve used him” and his bitch ass responds with some smart ass remark like “I don’t expect fans to get this but teams talk to agents all the time! They don’t all get done!” Yea we get it you fucking buffoon.
He's a cock bag. He pumps the company line, 15 minutes late, and then treats anyone who replies to him like ass.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I approve of this thread turning anti-Doogie. What a goon!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Also the Teague deal was for the vet minimum. Glad to be rid of that guy. Absolutely fell off the map here. Mike Milleresque.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

YBBR wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 pm I approve of this thread turning anti-Doogie. What a goon!
I honestly don’t give a shit about his obvious cluelessness about most important happenings and then saying he was at a ballgame with his kid. Whatever. That’s a lot of media goons. My problem is that he treats people like shit on twitter like he’s superior to them because some assistant GM in the G League leaks him shit once in a while. He’s an arrogant prick and he doesn’t even have the cache to be arrogant. He’s the 3rd string sports guy on KSTP. The Wolves will sign someone in the coming days and his tweet will be “wolves had been in discussions for awhile!”
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 pm I approve of this thread turning anti-Doogie. What a goon!
I honestly don’t give a shit about his obvious cluelessness about most important happenings and then saying he was at a ballgame with his kid. Whatever. That’s a lot of media goons. My problem is that he treats people like shit on twitter like he’s superior to them because some assistant GM in the G League leaks him shit once in a while. He’s an arrogant prick and he doesn’t even have the cache to be arrogant. He’s the 3rd string sports guy on KSTP. The Wolves will sign someone in the coming days and his tweet will be “wolves had been in discussions for awhile!”
Yeah, pretty much. His attitude and behavior is just unpleasant. Probably what keeps him firmly planted as a bottom feeder.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Guys that would be good backup big options left:

Robin Lopez
Ian Mahinmi
John Henson
Aron Baynes
Kyle O'Quinn

Any of these guys could be solid backup options.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

all those guys (maybe minus mahinmi) would be okay - IF - we could get naz to shed 20 and assume the 4/5 spot. as it stands, i think both he and KAT are strictly 5s - and it'd be nice to add a 4/5 who could fill in at center in case of injury - or give us minutes against bigger teams. i still like a low cost option like donta hall. OR a slimmed and quicker naz.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:48 pm
You put it...beautifully. Bravo.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:14 pm all those guys (maybe minus mahinmi) would be okay - IF - we could get naz to shed 20 and assume the 4/5 spot. as it stands, i think both he and KAT are strictly 5s - and it'd be nice to add a 4/5 who could fill in at center in case of injury - or give us minutes against bigger teams. i still like a low cost option like donta hall. OR a slimmed and quicker naz.
I always liked John Henson. Felt like he could've done a little more. He hit on a big payday early on his careet with his potential.

I like Kyle O'Quinn too. Just a solid meat and potatoes big.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

YBBR wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 pm Guys that would be good backup big options left:

Robin Lopez
Ian Mahinmi
John Henson
Aron Baynes
Kyle O'Quinn

Any of these guys could be solid backup options.
Baynes would be badass.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:53 pm
Well I assume he's the starter then . wondering if any team options
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Says 3rd year is option year
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:53 pm
That is 15 guys, see if we clear one spot for JMac.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Ersan Ilyasova do anything for anyone as another 4 who at least knows how to help and rotate?
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:10 pm Ersan Ilyasova do anything for anyone as another 4 who at least knows how to help and rotate?
He'd bring some much needed shooting to our bench. Looking at our current bench, who is going to stretch the floor?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:20 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:10 pm Ersan Ilyasova do anything for anyone as another 4 who at least knows how to help and rotate?
He'd bring some much needed shooting to our bench. Looking at our current bench, who is going to stretch the floor?
Yep. And rebound as well. Take Karl Anthony Towns in fantasy basketball because that dude will need to average 18 rebounds a game with the rebounding around him. At least from bigs. Beasley, Rubio, and Edwards have shown to rebound pretty well.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

No. I wouldn't swap him for what we got. I think if you find a deal you like for Spellman you target RHJ or a young player like Gabriel...but I am not sure that happens anymore??? It seems the last spot might come from waiving Evans???
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i don't think they'll be making any other moves. hope they do add jmac. he certainly deserves that - and PT too. the only thing that perhaps could mitigate some of the mehness of this is if spellman does indeed come to play, so we at least have another bigger body on board. if he doesn't, say hello to easily the worst bunch of PFs in the league for yet another year.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

C - Towns/Reid/Spellman
PF - Layman/Launcho/Vanderbilt
SF - Edwards/Okogie/McDaniels
SG - Beasley/Culver/Nowell/Evans
PG - Russell/Rubio

2-Way
Ashton Hagans
McLaughlin (QO)

Is that where we're at right now? Am I forgetting anyone? Don't get hung up on positions/starters, just seeing if we have good balance, short of not having a legit PF.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

All the vitriol on our offseason moves has been thrown at Doogie, lol.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm C - Towns/Reid/Spellman
PF - Layman/Launcho/Vanderbilt
SF - Edwards/Okogie/McDaniels
SG - Beasley/Culver/Nowell/Evans
PG - Russell/Rubio

2-Way
Ashton Hagans
McLaughlin (QO)

Is that where we're at right now? Am I forgetting anyone? Don't get hung up on positions/starters, just seeing if we have good balance, short of not having a legit PF.
:thumbsup:
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm
Not surprising. Opens up a two-way contact, could be JMac or another flier depending how things shake out.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Spell man and Evans traded for Ed Davis.