Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: ** Official FA thread** tracker*talker*updates

Post by j2j »

I was driving all day, did the Wolves sign a traffic cone to start at the 4, yet?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Wow. Disappointing offseason.

Going to need more trades this season to make up for it.
Spoiler:
Style

Post by Style »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:23 pm
Style wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:30 pm I’d like some steam on Whiteside.
Thanks. I was meaning more steam for us though. I think he’d be a good fit for what’s available. If there’s interest from his camp in the Kings, I’d have to assume he’d be okay coming here as well if the money was right.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm
T_J wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:29 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:04 pm NBA is a guard oriented league.

Timberwolves don't have a 3rd string center.

Emergency!!!
Yeah except for Davis, Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, and even guys like Vucevic, Porzingis, Drummond torch our best player who we evidently want to play at center even though he's basically a wing.

No big deal though. We have zero playable big guys on roster.
let's pick a random team. just saw the news that serge ibaka signed with the clippers. so... they lost harrell. but signed ibaka. they also have massive ivica zubac at center, tough guy marcus morris at PF, probably the strongest SF in the game other than bron in kawhi, 6-9 250 mifiundu kabengele, 6-11 235 joakim noah still on payroll, 6-9 235 PF patrick patterson, 6-8 230 PF/SF johnathan motley,former twolf center 6-11 240 justin patton, and finally new draft pick 6-10 250 ex-gopher daniel oturu.

how does that fit into small ball? and are the clippers a better team than the timberwolves? and finally, when all of your PFs are on the small side, who moves up to center when naz is out for two weeks with a tweaked knee? kelan martin maybe? simply stated, we have NO PF options currently on roster who can slide up to the center spot. unless you include the never included omari spellman.
And aside from size, this team is soft from top to bottom. I mean that in both mental toughness and physical toughness. And we seem to have zero motivation to add veteran leadership, unless Ricky is some sort of cure all.

Flip brought in Tayshaun, Miller, and obviously KG. Those were guys way too old, but you gotta put some stable vets on a team if you're going to look at the fans with a straight face and say we're competing for a playoff spot this year. Especially when your top 2 guys are offense only and one of which has shown to be a pretty big pouter.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Does anybody feel like this team is gonna be better than last years team (12 months ago)? I hate to be the voice of reason, but this team ain’t winning it all. Sorry to break it to you. But, they have added some pieces that may make them better. Russell, Rubio, Beasley, and Edwards, for starters.

The wolves have very little money to spend. Most of the guys all of us would like to add are too expensive.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Emiliano Carchia @Sportando
about 18 minutes ago
Timberwolves reportedly sign Ade Murkey to Exhibit 10 deal
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

irishman89 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 am Emiliano Carchia @Sportando
about 18 minutes ago
okay, this is rich. never heard of him - has anyone? so i did check him out.... and... bingo! he's a 6-5 201 guard!

because, even if it's just an exhibit 10 deal, we definitely need MORE GUARDS!
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 am
irishman89 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 am Emiliano Carchia @Sportando
about 18 minutes ago
okay, this is rich. never heard of him - has anyone? so i did .... and... bingo! he's a 6-5 201 guard!

because, even if it's just an exhibit 10 deal, we definitely need MORE GUARDS!
Iowa needs scoring and defense since Spellman is coming up. Haha.
j2j

Post by j2j »

If Ade Murkey sees a second of NBA time this will be a bad season. But good deal for him; $50k to be training camp fodder, get cut, and then play in the G-League.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Dubs wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:00 am My short list after last night (no specific order):

Boucher, RHJ, WCS, Noel, Giles, or Harkless

While re-signing Juancho...do not want Milsap.
Boucher and WCS should be targets right now. Clearly they're not going to get a legit starting 4 so you might as well target some rim protection/defense. Boucher has upside too, he can step out and hit from deep... versatile big, can get up and down the floor. RFA so you'll have to overpay to pry him away.. at this point I'd target him over Juancho though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @RealGM: Hawks Submit Offer Sheet For Bogdan Bogdanovic https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... Bogdanovic

RT @wojespn: Free agent Torrey Craig has reached agreement on a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, his agents Dave Spahn and Austin Brown of @CAA_Basketball tell ESPN.

RT @RealGM: Donovan Mitchell Agrees To Five-Year, $195M Max Extension With Jazz https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... -With-Jazz

RT @ShamsCharania: The Los Angeles Lakers have emerged as a serious suitor for Marc Gasol, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Championship chase and L.A. are appealing for Gasol.

RT @RealGM: Harry Giles Agrees To One-Year Deal With Blazers https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... th-Blazers
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @TheSteinLine: Bogdan Bogdanovic has signed his four-year offer sheet worth $72 million from the Atlanta Hawks, league sources say

The deal, I'm told, includes a player option in Year 4 and 15-percent trade kicker for the restricted free agent

The Kings will have 48 hours to match
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Giles dream dead.. :cry:

If given the chance feel like he could be a decent player. Only 22
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bleacher report just put out a piece grading all the free agency signings. a total of 70 in all! and of the 70, mason plumlee to detroit got an F - jahlil okafor to detroit got a D - AND - elfrid payton to the knicks, garrett temple to the bulls and MALIK BEASLEY to the wolves all got C minuses. so... we tied for 3rd worst grade out of 70 signings according to BR. could not figure out why we spent so much money on a flawed one position player just coming off a police incident who wasn't finding much interest anywhere else in the league.

my reaction is mixed. i love that we got him back. i liked his fire and accuracy last year. but all appearances show that as a person, he's got a record for being a dunderheaded shitforbrains, and 4 years/$60M is too much effing money for a team as loaded with wings as we are.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:40 am
I mean if no one else is sniffing around... maybe the Wolves should?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 pm
You'd think he'd be looking for a starting role. Charlotte makes a lot of sense.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

I'd still want him. How much is he goin for these days?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

You know it's over when DET signs 6 centers, and you're not one of them.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 pm bleacher report just put out a piece grading all the free agency signings. a total of 70 in all! and of the 70, mason plumlee to detroit got an F - jahlil okafor to detroit got a D - AND - elfrid payton to the knicks, garrett temple to the bulls and MALIK BEASLEY to the wolves all got C minuses. so... we tied for 3rd worst grade out of 70 signings according to BR. could not figure out why we spent so much money on a flawed one position player just coming off a police incident who wasn't finding much interest anywhere else in the league.

my reaction is mixed. i love that we got him back. i liked his fire and accuracy last year. but all appearances show that as a person, he's got a record for being a dunderheaded shitforbrains, and 4 years/$60M is too much effing money for a team as loaded with wings as we are.
Yea but he’s tough and a badass apparently.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 pm
You'd think he'd be looking for a starting role. Charlotte makes a lot of sense.
no kidding. wasn't charlotte talking about a trade up to get wiseman?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 pm bleacher report just put out a piece grading all the free agency signings. a total of 70 in all! and of the 70, mason plumlee to detroit got an F - jahlil okafor to detroit got a D - AND - elfrid payton to the knicks, garrett temple to the bulls and MALIK BEASLEY to the wolves all got C minuses. so... we tied for 3rd worst grade out of 70 signings according to BR. could not figure out why we spent so much money on a flawed one position player just coming off a police incident who wasn't finding much interest anywhere else in the league.

Yes Bleacher Report should be running an NBA front office 🤦🏼‍♂️
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:54 pm

They have pretty good NBA writers. What content do you prefer?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Willie Cauley Stein returning to the Dallas Mavericks per Shams. 2 years 8.2 million.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Give me the Ringer...if seasons were decided by writers draft and free agent grades why even play the season. We get it Yummy hates the Beasley deal and is going to continue to bitch and moan about it. He’s a wolf, get over it
T_J

Post by T_J »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:04 pm Willie Cauley Stein returning to the Dallas Mavericks per Shams. 2 years 8.2 million.
We couldn't afford that I guess.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm
Fuck off Doogie. God he's a useless sack of shit.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

T_J wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm
Fuck off Doogie. God he's a useless sack of shit.
Has he ever broken a story or is he always 15min late due to waxing his chest, plucking his mother in laws nose hairs, at his kids soccer practice or something else?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Give me the Ringer...if seasons were decided by writers draft and free agent grades why even play the season. We get it Yummy hates the Beasley deal and is going to continue to bitch and moan about it. He’s a wolf, get over it
sid. what i said is true. i'm glad we got him. he's shown he can be an idiot. we paid too much for him. and as for your disparagement of BR, i'll just assume the writers there look at all this stuff closer than you or I ever do. that you would think your opinion of these players carries more weight than the staff there is sort of telling.